Characters / Dwarves
Due to the fact that this series contains Loads and Loads of Characters
these list is nowhere near complete but instead tries to lists the most important characters. Please note that there are tropes and characters that do not show up until books 3 and 4 which have not been released in English yet.
Tungdil is a dwarf adopted by The Archmage
Lot-Ionan and who longs for adventure. When tasked to journey to the dwarven king to be a pawn in his plan
he manages to find his own way and starts his quest to save the world for the first time...
- The Hero: In the first 2 books. In the later books this role shifts to Bo´ndil together with the point of view.
- The Blacksmith: Like most dwarves he enjoys smithing
- Genius Bruiser: Due to being adopted by Lot-Ionan he is very smart and Bo´ndil teaches him to kick ass later.
- The Chosen One: Subverted with the fact that he is only candidate for king because it is a part of the king's gambit.
- Good Is Not Nice: In book 4
- Took a Level in Badass: Several throughout the series especially between books 3 and 4
- An Axe to Grind
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: only occasionally, but he was raised by scholar mages. He does know enough to generally tailor his language to the circumstance, though.
He and his brother are first ordered to guard Tungdil but this slowly blossoms into a life-long relationship as they accompany him on his quests.
Bo´ndil's twin brother and the only one able to cool him down. Is much calmer than Bo´ndil but still an amazing fighter.
An actor they pick up along the way who constantly brags about his actor skills. Turns out he really IS that good...
Lot-Ionan is one of the realm's archmages, he is a kind old man that adopted Tungdil and is a like a father to him.
The big bad of book 1, originally an archmage but he let the evil of the perished land take over his mind.