Characters / Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real
This is the list of the various dragon species found in Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real
The first of the dragons that the mockumentary focused on. The Prehistoric Dragon lived long before the humans appeared, back to the time of the dinosaurs. Its size rivaled even that of the T-Rex and it is the largest of the dragons. Like most other prehistoric creatures, the Prehistoric Dragon went extinct after the K-T Event.
Like the Prehistoric Dragon, the Marine Dragon also exist as far back as the dinosaur times. Like the name suggests, the Marine Dragon inhabits the ocean rather than the land. Unlike the Prehistoric Dragon, it escaped extinction of the K-T Event due to their marine habitats.
As the climate stablized after the K-T Event, the dragons soon recolonized the land. The Forest Dragon ended up inhabiting the bamboo forests of China. They mainly hunted the large mammals that was abundant in the forest.
- Breath Weapon: Its fire breath.
- Not Quite Flight: Unlike the other terrestrial dragons, its wings are rather minuscule and only good for gliding rather than flying.
- Our Dragons Are Different: It's implied to be the basis of the Chinese Dragon.
- Playing with Fire: It regained this ability after it was lost by the Marine Dragon.
- Tiger Versus Dragon: A literal example. The dragon won.
- Tree Cover: This is their method of hunting, given that their habitat is a dense forest.
- Vertebrate with Extra Limbs: Given that it descended from the Marine Dragon.
- Voice Changeling: Can use its hydrogen reserves to modify its voice so that it sounds like other animals. It first uses it to sound like a wild pig so that it can get close enough to a herd of them to strike. When a tiger scares them off, it changes its vocalizations to those of an injured pig to lure the tiger in for the kill.
The phylogenetic tree of the dragons shown depicts a line related to the Forest Dragon called "Desert Dragon". It is never elaborated upon in the show, however.
The other terrestrial dragon that came after the K-T Event. They had traditionally roam large areas of land in search of large herds of game. Human civilization had forced these dragons up into the highest mountains, hence the name Mountain Dragon. The Mountain Dragon was finally driven into extinction by the humans.