Characters: Dog with a Blog
open/close all folders
- A Girl and her Dog: She has this with Stan, despite his being a family pet.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Blonde
- Characterization Marches On: On the wiki it says that in the first season, she was shy and slightly awkward. By the time of season 2, she's a bit more confident and fun.
- Everybody Hates Math: Except her apparently. One of her likes listed in the wikia is math. Ironically she's not particularly good at it.
- Go-Getter Girl
- Hidden Depths: She can sing, juggle and is a contortionist.
- She's also become quite the fashion designer in Season 3.
- Hollywood Nerd
- Insufferable Genius
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Can be arrogant, obsessive and insensitive. Never the less is really a good person.
- Shorter Means Smarter
- Sitcom Archnemesis: Has one in Karl.
- Super OCD
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Brunette
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Is very lazy and a c student, but he knows a lot about math and understand culture and art.
- Brown Eyes
- Chivalrous Pervert: Has a reputation for being a player and chases a lot of girls. Never the less he never mistreats them, and seems to hold some genuine care for all of them.
- Everybody Hates Math: Unlike Avery, he certainly does. Which makes it the more ironic when we discover he's a math genius.
- Genius Ditz: As mentioned above, he's a math prodigy and he also shows an understanding for the culture of art. Otherwise not-so-bright.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Can be selfish, manipulative, deceitful and immature. But truly loves his family and almost never does anything malicious.
- Only Sane Man: In comparison to everybody else, he has the most normal problems.
- Supreme Chef: Sort of, he is an incredible cook as shown with his job at the food truck, never the less he rarely cooks when not at work.
- All Girls Like Ponies
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To Avery and Tyler sometimes.
- Big Sister Admiration: As revealed in "Guess Who's a Cheerleader", she admires Avery.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Redhead
- Cloudcuckoolander: Admittedly some it comes from being seven but even for a small kid she's pretty loopy.
- The Cutie
- Fiery Redhead: She's pretty excitable.
- I Can't Believe It's Not Heroin: Smoothies, though it wasn't mentioned until "Stan Makes His Mark".
- Nice Girl: Compared to her brother and step-sister. Though not by much.
- All There in the Manual: His surname seen above, James, and his middle name shown below is shown in the wiki but has not been mentioned on the show. At least, not yet (although he finally confirms his full name as Stan Mordecai James in "Don't Karl Us, We'll Karl You").
- Big Friendly Dog: Not that big, but friendly nonetheless.
- Brown Eyes
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Mordecai
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Literal-Minded: Sometimes.
- Talking Animal: Obviously.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Bacon. And cats.
- Younger Than he Acts: Stan has the voice of a man, and has the mind of one along with the Amplified Animal Aptitude mentioned in the main page. Did we mentioned he's technically only four years old?
- Hair Color Dissonance: Kinda. It says in the wiki that his hair is blond, but most of the time it looks like It's either black or brown instead.
- And in one of the pictures in the same wiki, he actually looks like a redhead!
- Brown Eyes
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He has a few problems, but as mentioned below, he's quite intelligent and he is a Child Psychologist for a reason.
- Only Sane Man: Although he does have his problems, he is a lot more sane and normal than his wife or most of his family. Somewhat justified though, because he is a psychologist.
- Stacy's Mom: For Karl.
- Catch Phrase: "Good One, Ellen!" whenever she makes a joke. Even if the joke isn't actually funny.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Sort of, Ellen is somewhat loopy and is described as constantly "Freaking"
- Hypochondriac: Listed in the wiki of course that she's this. Seen in "Stan Stops Talking."
- Lethal Chef
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Leslie.
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- Parental Abandonment: His father is on a space station, and his mother trains for weight-lifting contests 24/7.
- Precocious Crush: Seems to have one on Ellen; For a time, he had gifts sent to her under the name "Walter Perkins".
- Secret Keeper: Becomes one in "Karl Finds Out Stan's Secret."
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: To Avery.
- Smug Snake
- Spell My Name with an "S": Yes, It's spelled Karl and not Carl.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: A mistake on the fake backstory he mentioned manages to let Avery, Tyler and Chloe know that he's lying. Specifically, he tells Stan that if he comes back to Spokane, then he'll have a great view of the Puget Sound. Spokane is too far away from the coast to have a view of the Puget Sound, something anyone who actually lived there would know.
- I Lied: He actually wanted to take Stan back to experiment with him, NOT to take him back to his family.
- Mad Scientist
- Sadistic Choice: While not as extreme as other examples, he gives Stan one of this in the season finale: He can either come back with him to meet his family and leave the one he currently has, or stay with them, but probably never see his real family again.
- And he does it again, only worse: Stan can either come back with him to get experimented on, or he'll experiment on Stan's puppies instead
- The Dreaded: To Stan. This little piece of dialogue should be enough proof:
- Would Hurt A Puppy: Not really. Back when Stan was a puppy, he tried to get him to talk to a microphone, but that was it.
- But then he proves he can when he threatens to experiment on Stan's puppies