open/close all folders
The main villain of the "Divine Design" arc. A warlock who trained under Maria Noches, but failed miserably. He attempted to create his own reality on earth by manipulating the Divine Design cards and taking advantage of children from broken homes to wield its powers.
- Affably Evil
- A God Ami: Tried to create his own reality using abandoned children.
- As the Good Book Says...
- Big Bad: Of the Divine Design arc
- Beard of Evil
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He' the first enemy to defeat Ban and nearly kill him.
- Ban returns the favor
- Deal with the Devil
- Evil Sorcerer: except he's not
- Freudian Excuse: His daughter was sacrificed by Ban's grandmother
- Heel–Face Door-Slam: Killed by Akabane before he do anything worthwhile
- Light Is Not Good: Subverted
- Lotus-Eater Machine: His goal sounds much like this.
- Except it's not
- Knight Templar: Except he's not
- Meaningful Name: Used to lead a fanatic group of kids, he manipulated into serving him, controls a guardian deity that resembles an angel and fell pretty hard after his defeat just like a a certain angel.
- Older Than They Look: Even though he looks 40ish, he's actually 98.
- Our Angels Are Different: He can summon an armor clad knight called Satan.
- Our Demons Are Different: See above.
- Religion of Evil: His basis for his faith isn't evil, it's his methods that are troublesome.
- Religious Bruiser: His angel delivers some serious damage and he constantly quotes from the Bible.
- Satan: He can summon one, but it's not what you're expecting.
- Visionary Villain: See his entry.
- Subverted, as it turns out to be a method to revive his daughter
- We Can Rule Together: Wants to recruit Ban, but as we all know he just flips him off.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: All he wanted was to have his daughter back
- Wicked Cultured
- You Have Failed Me: Subverted: Turns out to be an illusion
One of the Archangels recruited by Lucifer to serve him.
The other cute waitress at the Honky Tonk, formerly a pawn of Lucifer. Only appears in the manga. Introduced partway through the "Divine Design" arc as Remiel. After the events of that arc, she start working at the Honky Tonk.
- Broken Bird: At first, later portrayed as a Wide-Eyed Idealist for no real reason (except so Ban and Ginji would see how brokenhearted she was when her trust didn't pay off).
- Characterization Marches On: See Broken Bird
- Dark Chick
- Designated Girl Fight: With Himiko
- The Ditz: post-Heel–Face Turn
- Good Is Dumb: Remiel, the evil!Rena, could trap people's souls inside her dolls, and in fact did just that to the men who molested her. Good!Rena... believes shady street hustlers who say they are selling incredibly expensive mushrooms for half the price.
- Marionette Master
- More Than Mind Control: She works with Lucifer because she wants to create a fairyland made up entirely of her dolls, because adults have utterly failed her.
- Neutral Female
- Rape as Backstory
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Nobody who touched Divine Design escaped unscathed, but Lucifer chose his archangels well, drawing in children who'd been hurt or abused in some way because they'd be easier to manipulate.
One of the Archangels recruited by Lucifer to serve him
- Chekhov's Gun: Remember the little kid that bullied Ginji and Ban in chapter 1, turns out he's an enemy
- Freudian Excuse: Mother was a workaholic
- Creepy Child: Actually he was more of a brat he then gets the power of an angel and he becomes this
- Deal with the Devil
- Light Is Not Good: controls an angel that manipulates water
- Making a Splash: His angel's power, which is kinda dumb seeing he's fighting Ginji
- More Than Mind Control
- Only Known by Their Nickname: We never learn his real name. His archangel name is Gabriel, and Ginji calls him "Ten Yen-kun," because he'd only pay them ten yen for a retrieval.
Holy Guardian Beasts
- Affably Evil: Qin Long
- Anti-Villain: Qin Long
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy:Hakushu
- Animal Motif: Suzaku, Qin Long, Genbu and Byakko
- Barrier Warrior: Genbu by his own confession as Juubei defeats him
- The Beastmaster: Hakushu, not nearly as good as Shido on this
- The Brute: Both Hakushu and Genbu
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Hakushu didn't even last one chapter before being taken out, Genbu is even worse Juubei defeats him in an instant
- The Dragon: Qin Long
- Dirty Coward: Suzaku [[spoiler: he turns into Yamato to get a psychological advantage over Himiko, tries the same on Yamato's ghost, but fails miserably
- Elemental Powers: Byakko (Earth), Quin Long (Water), Suzaku (Fire) and Genbu...He got defeated too quickly.
- Evil Counterpart: Byakko for Shido
- Expy: Looks almost exactly like Shido except for some scars and darker skin.
- Evil Genius: Suzaku
- Family-Unfriendly Death: Suzaku is blasted to death by an undead Yamato
- Four Is Death
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: At least, Suzaku thinks so.
- Improbable Weapon User: Qin Long uses water whips
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: Seiryuu
- Making a Splash: Quin Long
- Master of Illusion: His Divine Design card's power
- Dead Person Impersonation: Suzaku disguises him as Yamato but this backfires on him when the REAL Yamato shows up to beat him.
- Panthera Awesome: Hakushu tried desperately to be this, but Shido already beat him to it
- Playing with Fire: Suzaku
- The Phoenix: Suzaku uses its power to turn into Yamato
- Quirky Mini Boss Squad: Their appearance is justified considering Lucifer's minions consisted of one Kazuki, Uryu and a bunch of kids
- Small Name, Big Ego: Hakushu