Characters: Dirty Sexy Money
Peter Krause as Nick
A well-meaning, civic-minded lawyer in his 30s, Nick is a husband, father, and son to the Darling family attorney, Devlin "Dutch" George.
- Parental Abandonment: His mother left him when he was six.
- Generation Xerox: Though he promised himself he would never follow in his father's footsteps, he is inevitably drawn to the Darling family when his father dies suddenly in a mysterious manner and agrees to be their chief counsel. However, he finds himself becoming more like the Darlings, while his marriage falls apart.
- Long-Lost Relative: Brian Darling
- Love Triangle: Lisa and Karen.
- Parental Substitute: His close friendship with Tripp.
Natalie Zea as Karen
The eldest daughter in the Darling family, with four failed marriages under her belt (the fourth didn't even survive the reception). She possesses an MBA from Columbia University, as well as running the family's charitable foundation.