Characters: Devils of Mortechaîne: A Mystery
Devils of Mortechaîne: A Mystery is a very character-driven RP, so... Loads and Loads of Characters
open/close all folders
The Main Cast
Sebastian Clearwater, played by Infinite Paragon
- Age: 33
- Gender: Male
- Appearance: Caucasian, Long black hair tied into a ponytail in the back and died white past the braid and on the two long bangs on either side of his face with auburn eyes. Tall with a lean and muscular build. Wears shined black shoes, black cargo pants that look extremely formal with a white collared shirt with small black stripes under a black vest and a red tie, with a black fedora with small silver stripes. There is a small silver chain on his vest that is connected to a pocketwatch engraved with his family crest, and he carries an Ipod that he has connects to the headphones he wears around his neck at any time besides when hes asleep.
- Personality: Speaks with a British accent and has the air of a butler. He knows when to follow an order, but he also knows when to speak against it or not or reply with some sort of snide comment as well. Very formal and always thinks of the guest or lady he may be speaking to first. Likes to listen to music he has on his Ipod in his spare time.
- Talents or Skills: He knows how to prepare a good meal, but being a detective he also has a keen sense to tell when somethings up. Carries a notepad and a pen to keep track of people, places and leads. (Meta-Example, mainly a way to notify what Sebastian has taken note of.) He also has a talent for swordfighting, especially fencing. He also has knowledge, but is not a master of, several different martial arts styles.
- Random: It has become a pet peeve of his when people mistake him for some kind of a goth or punk. He is most certainly not that, and will make sure you know it if you keep thinking such.
Issac Macdonald, played by Bitterman
- Age: 22
- Gender: Male
- Appearance: Large, muscular, Caucasian man. He likes to wear a casual shirts and jeans. He has short black hair and dark green eyes.
- Personality: Despite his build and strength, Isaac prefers being an intellectual. He spends time reading and writing. He reserves physical conflict for a last resort. He is terribly afraid of heights.
- Talents or Skills: Substitute teacher, who was taught Akido at a young age, and is now very skilled in its use.
- Random: While in high school, Isaac was a heavy weight lifting champ.
Ryan McKenzie, played by kkhohoho
- Age: 26
- Gender: Male
- Appearance: 5'9, black unruly hair, a bit of stubble, auburn eyes. Lean, Caucasian, and of average weight. Wears tan caddies, brown shows, white socks, a white short-sleeved dress shirt, a red tie, and a brown bowler hat. Keeps a handbag hanging to him by his right arm and shoulder. It contains various supplies, including but possibly not limited to a pen, pencil, notebook, and believe it or not, a coffee cup. Oh, and a pack of cigarettes.
- Personality: Something of a Knight in Sour Armour. Somewhat jaded and cynical despite his age, but can be friendly and outgoing when he wants to be. When there's trouble, or someone needs help, he'll try his best to be realistic about it, but he'll honestly want to do his best to help despite this, even if he's a bit reluctant to do so. Also something of a Deadpan Snarker and a joker. And of course, there are many other details and nuances that will be put out as the game goes along.
- Talents or Skills: Being a good journalist, he has a keen wit and a knack for news, and can pick up on things that others might miss. Is also something of a jack of all trades, knowing a a fair amount of skills, but not being an expert at most of them.
- Random: For reasons that only he knows, he likes to smoke just one cigarette a day, and consume just one alcoholic beverage a day as well. No more, no more less, though he won't go crazy if he somehow isn't able to do this.
Alex Brenen, played by Duckymanfair
- Age: 14
- Gender: Male
- Description: At 5'4" he is around average height for his age and is around average build. He has light brown hair and blue eyes. He is Caucasian with a farmer's tan.
- Personality: He is energetic, a trait which can sometimes get on people nerves, and wild. Due to this he is considered a cloud cuckoolander. He doesn't do well in school due to being somewhat book dumb, yet is still intelligent in his own ways[down].
- Talents & Skills: Has hyper awareness and is good at pressing for information. He can also climb trees quite well.
- Random: He thinks he can understand squirrels...he can't.
Herbert Brinker, played by Marioguy128
- Age: 25
- Gender: Male
- Appearance: American. He's 6 feet 5 inches tall. Has black eyes. His hair is slightly wild and black. He's slightly muscular. He wears a white jersey with the number 3 on it. Wears white shorts.
- Personality: He's generally active and friendly. He's rather chill and outgoing. Has a bit of a temper though.
- Talents or Skills: He's an athlete who loves to play football. And baseball. Especially baseball. He's generally good at sports, but loves the two sports that were mentioned earlier the most. Also can cook.
- Random: He's very patriotic and he will make damn sure you know it. If the United States are so much mentioned, he'll most likely go on a tangent about it. And he can ramble for quite a while. Oh, and tragedies that happened in the US (i.e. 9/11) will also set him off.
Ryuu Duquesne, played by Dragon573
- Age: 24
- Gender: Female
- Appearance: Raven Hair, Ivory Skin and a Meganekko, though she leans more towards Stoic Spectacles. Jet black hair, green eyes. She wears outfits resemble Gothic Lolita. You can thank Motree for the picture.
- Personality: She wants to be a prosecutor. She studies hard, aces every test, etc. A bit of an Ice Queen. She has, as she puts it, "a nasty habit of defrosting too easily."
- Talents or skills: Fencer (Sabre), good shot, knows kickboxing, and extremely intelligent. Also, always has a paper fan on her somewhere.
Remus, “Remy, ” Saintcrow, played by Fake Crowley
- Age: 17
- Gender: Female.
- Appearance: Remy is a small girl, both short and lightweight, which doesn’t exactly lend itself to a particularly intimidating appearance. To wit, she’s extremely skinny and scrawny, in such a way that it’s probable that she has no muscle mass at all. It’s gotten to the point where she literally has trouble swimming without quite a bit of effort—thanks to the absence of buoyancy from body fat and thrust from muscles to keep her afloat, she sinks like an extremely amusing and desperately flailing rock. Needless to say, she’s rather poorly endowed, which is something she’s rather self conscious about. It’s best to not mention it to her.
- Her skin is Caucasian and of a rather average pale color, and unblemished when it comes to scars, acne (Thanks to acne cream rather than anything like genetics or dietary habits or whatnot) moles, and anything else that would mar her skin’s uniformity. That said, she doesn’t have beautiful skin—it’s not particularly attractive, unless you’re really into skin. It’s just…skin. It goes over her blood, bones, and non-existent muscles. It’s not all that easy to describe, to be honest. It is, however, just a tad too pale.
- Her hair is a light blond—a side effect of being albino. Her eyes, which are light blue, are neither wide nor slanted, making her look positively neutral when it comes to the General Laws of Alignment Determination by Optical Shape. That all said, they do have a sort of intensity not found in the eyes of most—she looks determined and confident, as if she has the willpower and drive to do anything she wants. This is slightly spoiled by the way her eyes move about rapidly, seeming to take in everything as they fail to focus on any one spot. Not only that, but she never makes eye contact—ever. Typically, her hair is kept long and is untied.
- She, like her brother, has good personal hygiene, and as a result is almost always clean. She usually wears dresses and tennis shoes.
- Personality: Cold and introverted, Remy is basically the typical ISTJ personality type. Stoic and almost emotionless, she takes things incredibly seriously, never acting on impulse or showing a weak side. She only talks to her brother, leading many to believe that she’s mute. She silently seems to hate everyone around her, and is filled with scornful thoughts regarding everyone but her brother.
- Overly critical and sometimes unfair in her judgment of others, this personality trait stems from a debilitating inferiourity complex brought about by always being second best (In her eyes) to her brother, along with her incredible intellect alienating her from those around her. Despite this, she loves her brother (Perhaps a bit too much…) and seems to take her anger out on those around her. Intelligent, she’s without a doubt the smarter half of the twins, although due to her incredible laziness she does poorly in school.
- Her most notable negative traits are her inability to trust anyone but her brother, her arrogance (In regards to her intelligence), and her tendency to overly analyze situations. Needless to say, she doesn’t relate well to those around her, and Ro suspects her to have Aspergers. She enjoys writing.
- Talents or Skills: She’s good with a computer, and is a fairly decent writer. Other than that, not much.
- Random: She has a laptop in his backpack. Her relationship with Ro might be a little too close…
Romulus, “Ro, ” Saintcrow, played by Fake Crowley
- Age: 17
- Gender: Male.
- Appearance: Ro basically looks like his sister in build and facial structure, to the extent that they could conceivably cross-dress as each other. That said, the two have a few major physical divergences, and not just in gender. For one thing, Ro is not Albino. He was born without it, and as a result has naturally colored hair and eyes. His hair is black and cut pageboy style, and his eyes are an innocent looking dark brown. Next, he’s considerably tanner than his sister, a result of not having to worry about skin cancer every time he went out in the sun. Finally, what he wears is, I think you’ll find, incredibly different. He wears tennis shoes, jeans, and a T-shirt under most circumstances, and almost never wears dresses.
- Personality: Charming and outgoing, Ro is essentially the polar opposite of his sister. Basically an ENTJ personality type, he tends to joke around and almost never takes anything particularly seriously. He’s friendly with everyone and generally amiable, and overall a pretty nice guy. He tends to find the best in everyone. He’s a bit hot headed at times, and sometimes acts impulsively, and he almost never thinks things through. He’s not as bright as his sister, but more otherwise talented, and he has a tendency to do better in school (And in life) due to his sheer perseverance towards difficult tasks—where his sister would give up, he would press on. He loves his sister (Perhaps a little too much as well…), although he does make friends with those around him. His most negative trait is perhaps his inability to truly understand his sibling, and his tendency to abandon her—and others that he loves—in favor of pleasing himself. A bit of an asshole in that regard, he’s incredibly hedonistic, to the extent that it harms others. He has a passion for photography.
- Talents or Skills: He speaks Chinese, is good at socializing, is good at sports and athletic, and tends to get decent enough grades.
- Random: He always has a camera around his neck, and his relationship with his sister might be a bit too close…
Daisy Sullivan, played by Gilphon
- Age: 19
- Gender: Female
- Appearance: Caucasian, tall, blue eyes and long, wavy brown hair, which is normally tied back into a ponytail with a pink ribbon. Wears glasses, a jean skirt with white leggings, and a black hoodie over a white t-shirt.
- Personality: She acts quite cheerful, if a little quiet. She's always ready with a smile, but also seems unwilling to get close to anyone. She seems innocent and harmless, but in reality, she's manipulative and will lie whenever the opportunity presents itself. She has a habits of playing with her ponytail while in thought, and has a sweet tooth for cake.
- Talents or Skills: She is a talented liar, and seems to be quite intelligent, but has no other skills to speak of.
Mayor Derrick Reynolds
Gender: MaleDerrick Reynolds is a very headstrong, stout man with a humble demeanor and is mayor of Espoir Village. He has a tendency to get involved in matters he really doesn't need to, though in all honesty he means well. Has high expectations for his daughter, but overall cares for her very much.
Gender: FemaleTalia is the mayor's rather superstitious wife. She is rather well-versed in local legends, and is also a bit of a gossip that can talk for hours on end if interested in something. Fears that legends of an evil living in the woods are coming true.
Nurse Claudia Reynolds
Gender: FemaleA young nurse working at the clinic, the mayor's shy daughter. Pretty, but has the presence and confidence of a lump on the wall. Feels like she can't live up to what's expected of her, and always feels like she's being judged. Generally kind if not painfully timid, she seems to be hiding something. Her hands are constantly wrapped in bandaging.
Doctor Eric Carson
Gender: MaleThe doctor running the clinic. Generally well-mannered, but has a bad habit of being overly blunt with people, sometimes to the point of coming across as rude. A single father, much like his ex-wife's brother. He cares very much for his younger brother and his son, who struggle with their health. A bit of a pessimist.
Gender: MaleEric and Ambre's son. He tends to behave very cheerfully and is always eager to meet new people. Very outgoing. Walks with a bit of a limp due to suffering a stroke when he was little, and has epilepsy. Often acts younger than his age to get what he wants. Very small for his age, and often mistaken for a girl.
Gender: MaleEric's younger brother, who suffers from leukemia. Despite his appearance and condition, he is actually much more optimistic than than his older brother. According to him, that optimism and a little determination is what's helped him hold out this long. His leukemia has been affecting him more as of late.
Gender: MaleSingle father of Anya and Marcus, and owner of the Mortechaîne Vineyard And Winery. Is providing lodging for the main cast. Always calm and collected, and always has a sort of fatherly tone to his voice. A talented musician with a good head for business, has a knack for spotting deception, but is not the best cook. Hates sheep and sharks.
Gender: FemaleOne of Engel's children, the older of the twins. Very energetic, perky, and adventurous. Much bolder than her brother, and loves running around and getting into mischief. Adores her Papa and will not tolerate anyone giving him a hard time.
Gender: MaleThe younger of the Despois twins. Quite shy and quiet, he barely ever talks. Extremely intelligent for his age, he can already read quite well and prefers to stay inside with a book than go run around and play outside. Loves grape juice.
Ambre Carson (neé Despois)
Gender: FemaleEngel's older sister, Eric's ex-wife, and Zaine's mother. A very cheerful woman that runs the cafe. She's a bit scatterbrained and clumsy, but quite a good painter and author. Loves her son very much, and still actually gets along with Eric.
Elijah "Eli" Cline
Gender: MaleHe is the husband of Alice, father of Peter, and older brother of Raphael. He, Raphael, and a third brother- who lives outside of the village -are part of a set of triplets. Eli is a phenomenal artist that puts a lot into his work, but is very, very, very eccentric. Has a very distorted sense of cute. Very handsome.
Gender: FemaleOwner of the tailor shop, and Eli's wife. She appears small and dainty, but is quite feisty. She tends to be a little bit snarky, and also has a mischievous streak. Despite this, is still quite girly when it comes to her tastes. Longtime best friend of Celia.
Gender: MaleSon of Eli and Alice. Always fashionably clothed, thanks to his parents. His mood tends to swing quite a bit. Great friends with his cousin Noah.
Raphael "Rafi" Cline
Gender: MaleEli's younger brother, the youngest of the triplets, and Noah's father. He's the owner of the flower shop. Very girly and a complete crybaby that can't handle stress, and very prone to freaking out. Also an Insufferable Genius at times. Has narcolepsy and will randomly fall asleep a lot. Acts like a child.
Celia Cline (neé Akeake)
Gender: FemaleA very boyish woman of Maori descent, married to Raphael and mother of Noah. She is nearly the complete opposite of her husband. She is very boyish in personality, athletic, and outwardly appears very calm. Claims to have Clinical Depression. Very intelligent like her husband. Lost her older brother when she graduated high school.
Gender: MaleThe son of Celia and Raphael. He seems to have a fear of strangers, and dislikes being near them. He is oddly perceptive for his age, and can often immediately notice something about a person before even they realize it. Rarely goes anywhere without his best friend, Anaru.
Gender: MaleNoah's best friend; they are rarely seen apart. Anaru is currently rooming with Noah and his family. The boy seems to be very overprotective of Noah, and hates it when laws are broken. Has odd, pointed ears.
Gender: MaleOne of the priests at the church. Has odd white hair and green eyes. A friendly guy, but only ever seems to come outside at night.
Charlotte "Lotte" Alexandria
Gender: FemaleDesmond's daughter, Lotte is a very reserved girl that usually doesn't socialize with others. Has the same white hair and green eyes as her father, and also tends to really only be active at night. Despite being intelligent, is quite naive.
William "Rim" Clyde-Mason
Gender: MaleThe forest gatekeeper, who found the group. He generally seems to be cheerful and energetic all of the time, and doesn't seem to take much seriously.
Gender: FemaleA guest at the Voyager Inn. Has a very dark personality.
Gender: MaleMayor Reynolds' right-hand-man. Has rather passionate humanitarian views, as well as a strong belief in connecting with the townspeople. A rather friendly, pleasant, charismatic guy, he can usually be found chatting it up with almost anyone. Has unnaturally bright red hair, and wears a lot of white.
Gender: FemaleBarista at the tavern. Flirty, and has a bit of an annoying laugh.
Gender: MaleA young, aspiring carpenter. Hasn't had much to do since Engel renovated his farm buildings, so often comes over to help with cooking and farm work. A very friendly, outgoing, and charismatic guy that really gets along with people, but can have some rather harsh opinions and beliefs.
Gender: FemaleThe local schoolteacher, Camus's older sister. The first murder victim.
Gender: MaleA man in charge of the bakery he took took over after his mother's death. Selene's husband and Caleb's dad. Seems very harsh and is quite frankly a bit of a jerk to men, but is usually very polite towards women and apparently good with children. Is unusually good at predicting future events...
Gender: FemaleSkye's wife, and the local mail lady. Has silvery hair and bright red eyes that can sometimes be unsettling to look at, making her stand out in a crowd. Generally very sweet, and seems to have an otherworldly feel about her.
Gender: MaleSkye and Selene's son. Willing to chat, and very knowledgeable for his age. Tends to speak with an eerie lack of emotion in his voice, and looks unusually like his dad, seeming to have inherited nothing from his mom. Has an unnerving lack of emotional reaction to... well... anything. Animals flock to him for some reason, and he seems to like them.
Gender: MaleMember and one of the heads of the wealthy and prestigious Charpentier family, which has a long history with the town and aided it financially on several occasions. A close friend of Engel and aspiring inventor.
Gender: FemaleMichele's older sister, second head of the family and the public face. A very charismatic and beautiful woman that once had a fling with Engel, but they're just friends now. A bit feminist and believes in the strength of women, but thankfully isn't one of those psycho-feminists that completely reject all things "traditionally" feminine.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.