open/close all folders
Voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama (JP)A famous karate champion who becomes Sonoko's long-distance boyfriend later in the series. He's from Izu and his family owns a ryokan there.Mandatory Naming Note: The last two kanji of his name (-goku Makoto) is Alternate Character Reading of Kyokushin, a major school of karate (This has been lampshaded in-universe).
- Adorkable: He gets easily flustered when he's with Sonoko.
- Ambiguously Brown: On the darker side of someone from Tokyo.
- Badass: Holds the record of being undefeated in 400 matches around the world. He can also take out several guards with guns ready to fire at point-blank range.
- Big Damn Heroes: Not bad at these.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Through nothing but a harsh, disciplined training in karate that has dominated most of his life, Makoto Kyogoku can defeat a small army of hired thugs, knock out armed criminals and dodge bullets.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Downplayed. We don't to see it to great extent since he only appears from time to time, but we can tell from his first appearance that he does not like any guy hitting on Sonoko.
- Genius Bruiser: Makoto is shown to have an astute mind due to his extensive training, being able to identify Kaitou Kid disguised as Sonoko because of a difference in finger lengths. This is possible because he can take full dimensions of a person he meets in moments. It is a habit of analyzing his opponents physical features with a glance.
- Gentle Giant: Makoto is a dorky, sweet guy and is one of the tallest characters in the series.
- Long Distance Relationship: With Sonoko.
- Love at First Sight: Makoto actually saw Sonoko for the first time when she was cheering for Ran in a karate tournament, and since then he had a crush on her.
- Made of Iron: Seems to have an uncanny resistance to pain. Come on, he gets a knife stuck in his left arm and just says he's okay!
- Nerves of Steel: As a master martial artist, Makoto is usually cool and collected, especially in crisis situations.
- Nice Guy: He can be awkward, but he's also brave, honest, polite, selfless, and deeply loves Sonoko.
- Oblivious to Love: He's horribly Not Good with People, so he seems to have a hard time picking up on her "subtle" hints—in the Valentine's Day episode where she went to a resort with Kogoro's family to make a chocolate heart for (she told Makoto) "the person she cared for most," Makoto showed up to see who this person was and if he was a suitable companion for her. This turned out to be a good thing, as he arrived just in time to help KO two murderers who got the drop on everyone else. When he asked who it was and Sonoko pointed at him, he turned around to look behind him.
- Official Couple: With Sonoko Suzuki.
- Pointless Band-Aid: Near his left eye.
- Red Baron: "The Prince of Kicks", according to Ran.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Makoto has only ever shown a romantic interest in Sonoko.
- Skilled, but Na´ve: Very talented karate expert. Very naive in any social interactions.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: He wears contacts when he spars, but Makoto does wear glasses. And he's been shown to have a keen eye for detail. A skill that allowed him know that Kaitou Kid had disguised himself as Sonoko.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Tall, dark-skinned, and extremely good-looking.
Voiced by Mikiko Enomoto (JP)An employee of Café Poirot, the coffee shop directly underneath the Mouri Detective Agency. She is often seen serving Mouri a cup of coffee and occasionally gives him a case that needs to be solved.
- Art Evolution: To say her appearance drastically changed as the series went on would be quite an understatement. She's literally had three◊ different◊ looks including her most recent appearance seen here.
- Monster of the Week: Her brother, Sugihito Enomoto, becomes a murder suspect for the Present from the True Culprit case.
- Satellite Character: Mostly acts as a connection for Mouri to have a place to sit down and discuss upcoming cases.
Idol Singer. Often guides the Mouris in situations involving the entertainment industry.
Fusae Campbell Kinoshita
Voiced by Eiko Masuyama (JP)Famous fashion designer using gingko leaves as her personal motif.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Because she had unusual features for a Japanese person (i.e. blond hair), she was viciously teased by her classmates, sans Professor Agasa.
- But Not Too Foreign: One can guess from the name. Although her introduction arc also discussed a Real Life issue: she tends to hide her blond hair as the very xenophobic Japanese would have quite a bit of prejudice against people of mixed blood like her. And specially when her story was supposedly set 40 years ago, few after World War II.
- Childhood Friends: with Agasa, bordering on Childhood Friend Romance.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her hairstyle when she was in the first grade.
- Flower Motifs: She's an accessory fashion designer with a ginkgo leaf-themed brand.
- Nice Girl: Fusae has a kind and caring personality, evidenced when she loaned Ran her umbrella while waiting for Agasa ten years prior to the current timeline.
- Nice Hat: Currently, Fusae sports a low hat.
Voiced by Rica Matsumoto (JP)A beautiful and strong-willed attorney who serves as Eri's rival.
Tomoko and Shiro Suzuki
Tomoko Suzuki is voiced by Miru Hitotsuyanagi (JP), Amy Rosenthal (EN)
Shiro Suzuki is voiced by Fumio Matsuoka (JP)Sonoko's wealthy parents.
- Beauty Mark: Beneath Tomoko's left eye.
- Dub Name Change: Selma Sebastian for Tomoko in the english dub.
- Happily Married: Obviously, it's between these two.
- Jewish Mother: Tomoko can be very controlling when it comes to who she prefers for Sonoko to date.
- Long Bus Trip: Sonoko's parents are introduced during Kaito Kid's first Detective Conan appearance (chapters 156-159), but have been complete no-shows until finally making a reappearance during Kaito Kid vs Makoto Kyougoku (chapters 862-864). Amazing how it's still the same voice actors after so long.
- Porn Stache: Shiro's.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Compared to his wife, Shiro is a much more accepting person.
- Team Dad: Shiro tries to be this if Tomoko's actions go too far.
Voiced by Ichirō Nagai (JP)Sonoko's retired uncle. He spends most of his wealth and free time thinking up bizarre traps to finally catch Kaito Kid.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Look at the picture.
- Cool Old Guy: Outside of his fervour in capturing Kaito Kid, he is a very amiable person and gets along well with his niece and her friends.
- Cool Uncle: For Sonoko.
- Glory Seeker: His sole reason for capturing Kaito Kid stemmed from the fact that the latter has been stealing the limelight from him in the media.
Voiced by Chiharu Suzuka (JP), Cynthia Cranz (EN)Sonoko's elder sister, a gentle young woman who offers quite the contrast with her boisterous little sister.
- The Cameo: After being absent for 700+ chapters, she makes a brief background appearance during Kaito Kid vs Makoto Kyougoku alongside Yuzo.
- Cool Big Sis: Is this for Sonoko.
- Dub Name Change: Angie Sebastian
- Eyes Always Shut: Self explanatory.
- It's All My Fault: During the case she's introduced, she blames herself for the murder of Chikako and the attack on Ran since the reunion was her idea.
- Official Couple: With Yuzo.
- The Ojou: More of a Type 1 than Sonoko.
Voiced by Yasunori Matsumoto (JP)Ayako's fiance, and Sonoko's future brother-in-law. Yuzo is a young painter, and the son of another rich family.
- Adorkable: For some.
- The Cameo: After being absent for over 700+ chapters, he makes a brief background appearance during Kaito Kid vs Makoto Kyougoku alongside Ayako.
- Dub Name Change: Tod Appenheimer.
- Official Couple: With Ayako.
- Same-Sex Triplets: The youngest of them. Subverted in that save for their eyes, they don't look THAT alike.
- Self-Made Orphan: Averted. He was one of the three suspects alongside his triplet siblings Taichi and Tatsuji, but he wasn't the culprit. It was the eldest, Taichi.
Voiced by Ai Orikasa (JP)Inspector Megure's wife.
- Alliterative Name: Midori Megure.
- Genre Savvy: She wore long skirts to deliberately draw the Serial Killer towards herself, since she acted as a Decoy Damsel to get justice for said killer's murder of her best friend. Lampshaded when she lays injured in Megure's arms in his flashback, and she tells him "it didn't work like in the movies."
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a scar on her forehead, coming from the incident in which both she and Megure were almost killed.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Is seen drowning her sorrows when she thought her husband forgot to give a present for her in White Day.
- Joshikousei: When in highschool, and actually a very important point in the case she was involved in, as the length of her school skirt (often used by girl delinquents) drew a Serial Killer to her.
- May-December Romance: Is quite younger than Megure. When they met, he was in his mid-20's and she was in her late teens and still in school
- Silk Hiding Steel: Her introductory episode shows a skill for subtlety. Also, she can be rather hot-tempered in the very few times she gets angry.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Juzo isn't a Gonk, but still.
Voiced by Akiko Hiramatsu (JP)Dr. Araide's housekeeper.
- Dojikko: Not Played for Laughs, as Dr. Araide Sr. treats her harshly due to her blunders.
- Ill Girl: She met the Araide family when she was hospitalized, then started working for them.
- Shrinking Violet
- Unrequited Love: She might have feelings for Dr. Araide Jr.. No one would blame her, tho.
- Unwitting Pawn: And Conan, Inspector Megure, and Dr. Araide's second wife/killer make sure it stays that way. Would anyone want to know that they accidentally killed someone by flipping on the lights at the worst moment? Poor Hikaru.
Voiced by Asako Dodo (JP)Eri's secretary.
- Sexy Secretary: She works as Eri's secretary and is quite attractive.
Voiced by Sakura Tange (JP)A recurring housemaid who had previously gone to the same school as Naeko and Chiba.
- Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa
- Awesomeness by Analysis: As a professional shoji player, Shukichi is very intelligent. He was shown to be able to participate in solving a murder case next to his house, where he effectively figured out the trick behind the victim's suicide note, as well as the culprit's identity.
- Gotta Catch Them All: His ambition is to win all seven professional shogi title tournaments.note
- Hidden Depths: He seems to know more about Conan than he lets on. In their first meeting, he's silently saw and immediately recognized Conan's deduction skills.
- Hyper Awareness: Appears to be able to pick out clues in his introductory case at around the same time as Conan. Justified that this ability is probably what made him a successful shogi player.
- Improbable Hairstyle: Shukichi is perhaps the most characterized by his hair, which sticks up in the back like a bed head.
- Insecure Love Interest: Believes that he is unworthy of Yumi until he can win all seven professional shogi title tournaments.
- Living a Double Life: Actively conceals his profession from Yumi as he does not want her to know about his rising celebrity status (he already won four of the seven titles as to date) before his ambition is fulfilled. Also helped by the fact that Yumi does not seem to keep track of news from the shogi world.
- Nice Guy: Haneda has a very cheerful personality.
- Perma Stubble: As seen in the picture.
- Photographic Memory: Haneda is extremely skillful at memorizing, as shown when he managed to remember the code written on Sakurako's paper despite having only seen it for a very short amount of time. He also claims to be the best in this field.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Has a keen eye and amazing deduction prowess on par with Conan.
The Mysterious Child
- Voiced by: Atsuko Tanaka
- Bifauxnen: She looks fairly androgynous, and asks Sera to introduce her as "her little sister from outside the domain" if somebody asks.
- Ill Girl: Has an unexplained cough.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She acts cool and poised, but seems to be genuinely giddy when she sees Haneda win one of his matches.
- Teens Are Short: Conan describes her as middle-school aged, yet she isn't all that far from Conan in size and is considerably shorter than high schooler Masumi Sera when they're seen together.
- Vocal Dissonance: Looks like a middle school aged child...and sounds like a mature adult woman. This only boosted the speculation that she's an APTX victim.
- Wise Beyond Her Years: She seems to be very mature for someone who is middle-school age (12-15) tops. It's been speculated that she might be another victim of the Organization, shrunk by the same drug that made Shinichi/Conan and Ai/Shiho into "kids". Or maybe that "she" is actually a girly-looking guy who was shrunk. (The last one has been jossed by the anime, since she's shown wearing a dress in the animated rendition of the scene described on "Sugar and Ice Personality")