Characters: Detective Conan One Scene Wonders
Notes for characters in this page:
1- They're by definition One Scene Wonders
2- Since these characters are likely to be key characters in a certain case, Spoilers Ahead
open/close all folders
The character that drives the backstory
of the 17 Million Hostages
story arc. Former member of the bomb squad, he was later transferred to the criminal team because of his That One Case
— and it was him
who became another painful That One Case
Hiroki Sawada/Noah's Ark
From the Non-Serial Movie Phantom of Baker Street
- Adorably Precocious Child: Subverted, if not deconstructed. While he is young (10) and bears as much adult responsibility (being a master programmer) as for the norm of this trope, he is portrayed as an angsty character. That does not prevent some fans from portraying him per the norm of this trope, though.
- Author Avatar: Often suspected to be one towards the movie's writer Hisashi Nozawa, not helped by the fact Nozawa himself committed suicide about 1.5 years the movie screened.
- Bishounen: At 10, he's a kid edition, but he does have the looks for it.
- Brain Uploading: He pretty much coded his entire brain as Noah's Ark before his suicide. In the entire movie nobody even questioned whether Noah's Ark is Hiroki.
- Child Prodigy: Deconstructed. This poor kid's life sucked because he was one.
- Deus Angst Machina: Consider all tropes surrounding him, and consider his age. Everyone would have reached their Despair Event Horizon.
- He Knows Too Much: What is being said is the immediate reason for his death is because he found out Schneider was the direct descendant of Jack the Ripper.
- Heroic Sacrifice: his self-destruction at the end of this movie was that an AI of that complexity is too early for this world and would easily be controled by the bad guys.
- Ill Boy: While this has not been further expounded about, it certainly does not help with his social issues.
- Improbable Age: Remember, he's studying grad school in MIT and written two marketable, major pieces of software at 10 years old, it's pretty exaggerated. Of course, this is also a deconstruction, as he has huge emotional problems because of it.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: A pretty tear jerking example as this was not because of his failure to connect with others. In the beginning, Japanese schools just ignored his intelligence. Under the wing of Schneider, he got accelerated at an improbable rate—and in effect became house arrested by Schneider.
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- Innocent Prodigy: He switches between this and Wise Beyond Their Years.
- Lonely Rich Kid: While under foster care by Schneider, although the reason is a bit different from the the standard of that trope—Schneider put him in a highly acclerated educational program and then pretty much put him to work. Understandably, he was a bit broken for that.
- Parental Abandonment: His parents separated over his education, and he followed his mother to the US. Not long after that, his mother died.
- One Steve Limit: Averted and then played straight. Hiroki is a very common male name in Japan, and there has been at least two one-timer that has the same name before him. Although, referring to "Hiroki" without any quantification usually refers to him
- Starts with a Suicide
The "Detective of the South" in the Detectives' Koshien
arc. She's from Fukuoka
, a big town in the southern island of Kyushu.
The "Detective of the North" in the Detectives' Koshien
arc. He's born in Tokyo and raised in Hokkaido
, a huge island in northern Japan.
Dr. Narumi Asai
Dr. Narumi Asai alias of Seiji Asai, born Seiji Asou.
Appeared in the Moonlight Sonata
arc. She is the beautiful doctor of the fishing island of Tsukukage. She is actually Seiji Asou, the son of the late local pianist who died under strange circumstances, crossdressed.Mandatory Naming Note
: His surname by birth, Asou
is also that of one of Aoyama's assistants.
Shinichi, Ran and Sonoko's old sempai, and apparently Shinichi's first love. She invites them to a karaoke party to celebrate her birthday, but then the encounter goes sour as a fire breaks in and Asami, who's taking a nap since she doesn't feel well, almost dies...
Shinichi and Ran's former music teacher, as well as the much-loved daughter of Kiyonaga Matsumoto. Who is poisoned to almost death in her wedding day...
Yusuke Sakata born Yusuke Inaba.
A policeman working under Chief Touyama, who appears in the Naniwa Murder Case
arc. As well as the Sympathetic Murderer of said arc.