Characters: Demon of Justice
open/close all folders
The Light Gods
- Orr All-Father: Often called ‘The Creator’ or ‘The Establisher’, Orr is considered the creator of the universe and the king and judge of gods. He is the father or creator of all but two of the Gods of Light and the most powerful of all the gods, whether of Light or Dark. His symbol is a blue starburst.
- Orfressa: According to Norfressan theology, Orfressa is not a god but the universe herself, created by Orr even before Kontifrio, and she is not truly ‘awake’. Or, rather, she is seldom aware of anything as ephemeral as mortals. On the very rare occasions when she does take notice of mortal affairs, terrible things tend to happen, and even Orr can restrain her wrath only with difficulty.
- She is actually a character in the fic.
- Kontifrio: ‘The Mother of Women’ is Orr’s wife and the goddess of home, family, and the harvest. According to Norfressan theology, Kontifrio was Orr’s second creation (after Orfressa, the rest of the universe), and she is the most nurturing of the gods and the mother of all Orr’s children except Orfressa herself. Her hatred for Shigu is implacable. Her symbol is a sheaf of wheat tied with a grape vine.
- Khalifrio Orfressa: ‘The Lady of the Lightning’ is Orr and Kontifrio’s first child and the goddess of elemental destruction. She is considered a Goddess of Light despite her penchant for destructiveness, but she has very little to do with mortals (and mortals are just as happy about it, thank you). Her symbol is a forked lightning bolt.
- Chesmirsa Orfressa: ‘The Singer of Light’ is the second child of Orr and Kontifrio. Chesmirsa is the goddess of bards, poetry, music and art. She is very fond of mortals and sometimes shows a mischievous sense of humor, but is usually strangely melancholy — which affects a lot of the music created by her bards. Her symbol is the harp.
- Korthrala Orfro: Called ‘Sea Spume’ and ‘Foam Beard’, Korthrala is the third child of Orr and Kontifrio. He is the god of the sea, love, hate, and passion — and also war, though he seems to forget that most of the time. He is a very powerful god, if not over-blessed with wisdom, and is very fond of mortals. His symbol is the net and trident.
- Chemalka Orfressa: ‘The Lady of the Storm’ is the fourth child of Orr and Kontifrio. She is the goddess of weather, good and bad, and has little to do with mortals. Her symbol is the sun seen through clouds.
- Torframos Orfro: Known as ‘Stone Beard’ and ‘Lord of Earthquakes’, Torframos is the sixth child of Orr and Kontifrio. He is the lord of the Earth, the keeper of the deep places and special patron of engineers and those who delve, and is especially revered by dwarves. His symbol is the miner’s pick.
- Norfram Orfro: The ‘Lord of Chance’ is Orr and Kontifrio’s seventh child and the god of fortune, good and bad. His symbol is the infinity sign. (Oddly enough, seven is THE unlucky number in Norfressa...)
- Semkirk Orfro: Known as ‘The Watcher’, Semkirk is the eighth child of Orr and Kontifrio. He is the god of wisdom and mental and physical discipline and, before the Fall of Kontovar, was the god of white wizardry. Since the Fall, he has become the special patron of the psionic magi, who conduct a merciless war against evil wizards. He is a particularly deadly enemy of Carnadosa, the goddess of black wizardry. His symbol is a golden scepter.
- Lillinara Orfressa: Known as ‘Friend of Women’ and ‘The Silver Lady’, Lillinara is Orr and Kontifrio’s ninth child, the goddess of the moon and women. She is one of the more complex deities and extremely focused. She is appealed to by young women and maidens in her persona as the Maid and by mature women and mothers in her persona as the Mother. As avenger, she manifests as the Crone, who also comforts the dying. She dislikes Hirahim Lightfoot intensely, but she hates Shigu (as the essential perversion of all womankind) with every fiber of her being. Her symbol is the moon.
- Tolomos Orfro: ‘The Torch Bearer’ is the tenth child of Orr and Kontifrio. He is the god of light and the sun and the patron of all those who work with heat. His symbol is a golden flame.
- Toragan Orfro: ‘The Huntsman’, also called ‘Woodhelm’, is the eleventh child of Orr and Kontifrio and the god of nature. Forests are especially sacred to him, and he has a reputation for punishing those who hunt needlessly or cruelly. His symbol is an oak tree.
- Silendros Orfressa: The twelfth and final child of Orr and Kontifrio, Silendros (called ‘Jewel of the Heavens’) is the goddess of stars and the night. She is greatly reverenced by jewel smiths, who see their art as an attempt to capture the beauty of her heavens in the work of their hands, but generally has little to do with mortals. Her symbol is a silver star.
- Hirahim Lightfoot: Known as ‘The Laughing God’ and ‘The Great Seducer’, Hirahim is something of a rogue element among the Gods of Light. He is the only one of them who is not related to Orr (no one seems certain where he came from, though he acknowledges Orr’s authority . . . as much as he does anyone’s) and he is the true prankster of the gods. He is the god of merchants, thieves, and dancers, but he is also known as the god of seductions, as he has a terrible weakness for attractive female mortals (or goddesses). His symbol is a silver flute.
- Sorbus Kontifra: Known as ‘Iron Bender’, Sorbus is the smith of the gods. He is also the product of history’s greatest seduction (that of Kontifrio by Hirahim—a ‘prank’ Kontifrio has never quite forgiven), yet he is the most stolid and dependable of all the gods, and Orr accepts him as his own son. His symbol is an anvil.
The Dark Gods
- Phrobus Orfro: Called ‘Father of Evil’ and ‘Lord of Deceit’, Phrobus is the fifth child of Orr and Kontifrio. (Oddly enough, he is often cited as the reason why _seven_ is considered unlucky... and nobody seems to notice the contradiction.) No one recalls his original name; ‘Phrobus’ (‘Truth Bender’) was given to him when he attempted to wrest rulership from Orr and was cast out of the Light Gods. Following that defeat, Phrobus turned openly to the dark and became the opening wedge by which evil first entered Orfressa. He is the most powerful of the gods of Light or Dark after Orr. His symbol is a flame-eyed skull.
- Shigu: Called ‘The Twisted One’, ‘Queen of Hell’, and ‘Mother of Madness’, Shigu is the wife of Phrobus. No one knows exactly where she came from, but most believe she was, in fact, a powerful demoness raised to godhood by Phrobus when he sought a mate to breed his own pantheon to oppose that of his father. Her power is deep but subtle, her cruelty and malice are bottomless, and her favored weapon is madness. She is even more hated, loathed, and feared by mortals than Phrobus, and her worship is punishable by death in all Norfressan realms. Her symbol is a flaming spider.
- Fiendark Phrofro: The firstborn child of Phrobus and Shigu, Fiendark is known as ‘Lord of the Furies’. He is cast very much in his father’s image (though, fortunately, he is considerably less powerful), and all evil creatures owe him allegiance as Phrobus’ deputy. Unlike Phrobus, who seeks always to pervert or conquer, however, Fiendark also delights in destruction for destruction’s sake. His symbols are a flaming sword or flame-shot cloud of smoke.
- Krashnark Phrofro: The second son of Phrobus and Shigu, Krashnark is something of a disappointment to his parents. The most powerful of Phrobus’ children, Krashnark (known as ‘Devil Master’) is the god of devils and ambitious war. He is ruthless, merciless, and cruel, but personally courageous and possessed of a strong, personal code of honor, which makes him the only Dark God the Light Gods actually respect. He is, unfortunately, loyal to his father, and his power and sense of honor have made him the ‘enforcer’ of the Dark Gods. His symbol is a flaming steward’s rod.
- Sharna Phrofro: Called ‘Demonspawn’ and ‘Lord of the Scorpion’, Sharna is Krashnark’s younger, identical twin (a fact which pleases neither of them). Sharna is the god of demons and the patron of assassins, the personification of cunning and deception. He is substantially less powerful than Krashnark and a total coward, and the demons who owe him allegiance hate and fear Krashnark’s more powerful devils almost as much as Sharna hates and fears his brother. His symbols are the giant scorpion (which serves as his mount) and a bleeding heart in a mailed fist.
- Krahana Phrofressa: ‘The Lady of the Damned’ is the fourth child of Phrobus and Shigu and, in most ways, the most loathsome of them all. She is noted for her hideous beauty and holds dominion over the undead — some of them, at least; she’s the weakest of the Dark Gods — and rules the hells in which the souls of those who have sold themselves to evil spend eternity. Her symbol is a splintered coffin.
- Carnadosa Phrofressa: ‘The Lady of Wizardry’ is the fifth child of Phrobus and Shigu. She has become the goddess of black wizardry, but she herself might be considered totally amoral rather than evil for evil’s sake. She enshrines the concept of power sought by any means and at any cost to others. Her symbol is a wizard’s wand.
- Heero Yui
- Pilot of Wing, sometimes referred to as the Perfect Solider, or 01.
- He has been trained from a young age to be a Gundam Pilot by a Mad Scientist in the L1 colony; his tonsils and appendix have been preemptively removed. Has trouble recognizing his emotions, but while he has appreciated Duo's presence for a long time, he thought of it as working well together and effectiveness on missions. But he's learning.
- Duo Maxwell
- Pilot of Deathscythe, sometimes referred to as 02, refers to himself as Shinigami.
- A practical joker, Duo comes from the L2 colony where plagues are common. He was taken into a catholic orphanage from which he claims his last name after it was burned down killing everyone else. But before that he ran with child gangs in the streets, he stole, he whored himself out so no one else had to, he runs, he hides, he never lies.
- Loves all his friends, but is in love with Heero and has been for a while.
- Trowa Barton
- Pilot of Heavyarms, sometimes referred to as 03, and more rarely as No-name/Nanashi
- Very quiet with a very controlled expression, ellipses say a thousand words,. He worked in a circus as a clown, acrobat, animal tamer, and knife thrower.
- Probably the best infiltrator/spy of the group.
- Plays the flute.
- Quatre Raberba Winner's lover.
- Assuming the likely conclusion that characterization between this story and Mel and Christy's other works remains consistant:
- Used to do mercenary work and so he speaks many languages, at least enough to ask for directions, haggle, and curse.
- Sweet nothings in his Arabic (Quatre's native tongue) would be limited to something like: "Hey bitch, let's root."
- Quatre Raberba Winner
- Pilot of Sandrock, sometimes referred to as 04.
- Only male heir to the Winner family, he has 29 older sister.
- Plays the Violin and Piano
- Has Empathy like powers
Mortal Forces of Evil
Champions and Order Members
Yithar and Friends
- Yithar: A Half Elf Purple Lord. Purple Lords put a strangle hold on trade, call rent taxes (and tax evasion is treason), and he himself was going to strike a young child across the face with a riding crop. Very Much Our Half Elves Are Better.
- Yithar has a cousin named Taihar, his ability to look down his nose at someone is inferior to Wufei's.
- Yithar has no friends