%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
Characters in the ''Death Wish'' films:
An architect and UsefulNotes/KoreanWar veteran from New York who started killing criminals after his wife and daughter were attacked inside his own apartment. He started his vigilante career by killing small-time bad guys (muggers, rapists etc.), moved to street gangs and by the end of the series takes on heavily armed mafiosos.
->[-Played by: Creator/CharlesBronson-]
* AntiHero: When you are a vigilante who murders bad guys, this kinda comes with the territory.
* BadassMustache: The trademark Bronson 'stache.
* BerserkButton: While Paul kills all crooks equally, he gives far worse punishments to rapists, muggers and drug addicts, all of whom were responsible for his greatest tragedies.
* BewareTheNiceOnes: Who'd thought that some nebbish architect guy would end up taking down several criminal organizations?
* CartwrightCurse: No woman is safe from harm around Paul, least of all his family. Except for Geri, who left him due to his violent lifestyle.
* CoolGuns: Kersey's WeaponOfChoice in the third movie is the .475 Wildey Survivor.
* CrusadingWidower: The entire thing began when he lost his wife to scumbags, and it just gets worse when his daughter joins her in the second movie.
* TheGunslinger: A handgun is his weapon of choice.
* InSeriesNickname: Mr. Vigilante, the New York Vigilante in the first film.
* PartTimeHero: Does architect work when not shooting criminals.
%%* UnwittingPawn: In the fourth film.
* VigilanteMan: The iconic urban vigilante, who set the standard for vigilante flicks to come.
The leader of the unnamed street gang in the third movie.
->[-Played by: Gavan O'Herlihy-]
* AxCrazy: After he meets Paul in the cell, he tells him that he'll kill an old lady, just for the hell of it.
* BigBad: Of ''Film/DeathWish3''.
* BulletProofVest: Was the only one smart enough to bring one of these to the final battle against Kersey, and it helps him shrug off a full round from both Kersey and the police chief. [[ThereIsNoKillLikeOverkill Not enough to save him from the mini-bazooka Kersey had on hand, however]].
* FacialMarkings: Just like his cronies, the mark of his gang is on his forehead.
* GangBangers: Leads a group of particularly vile ones that are terrorizing New York.
The person who hires Paul Kersey in the fourth film to take down the major drug rings in Los Angeles. He is actually an ambitious drug dealer under the identity of an absentee news magazine mogul, who seeks to take over the local drug businesses by tricking Paul to do the dirty work for him.
->[-Played by: John P. Ryan-]
* BigBad: Of ''Film/DeathWish4TheCrackdown''.
* BadassMustache: It's even better than Kersey's, and he's one of the most dangerous opponents Kersey's gone up against.
* TheChessmaster: This guy uses Kersey and his vigilante tendencies to eliminate his rivals in the drug trade. [[DidntThinkThisThrough Unfortunately, he made the mistake of painting a target on his own head after trying to kill Kersey and kidnapping one of his love interests]].
* DiabolicalMastermind: He's one of the only villains in the ''Death Wish'' series who manages to run rings around Kersey (and even use him to completely destroy all of the local drug competition), and probably comes the closest to killing him of any other antagonist aside from the previous film's Manny Franker.
* EasyImpersonation: He impersonates the real Nathan White (who's off on vacation in Europe for most of the film) and just has his henchmen and himself wear fancy suits, speak and act formally, and use White's mansion. It completely fools Kersey, but then again, the ruse only needed to last until the rest of the drug business was dead and "White" could [[YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness try and off Kersey]].
* NoNameGiven: His real name is not revealed.
* YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness: Tries to kill Kersey off by trapping him in a car with a bomb after he finishes off the last of the drug trade (and by extension the last of ''his'' competition). Unfortunately for him, it fails and he pays with his life.
A mobster in the fifth movie, who brings Paul Kersey back into the vigilante game by killing his new wife-to-be.
->[-Played by: Michael Parks-]
* BigBad: Of ''Film/DeathWishVTheFaceOfDeath''.
* TheDon: He made his way through Irish gangs to be a boss of his own outfit.
* PoliticallyIncorrectVillain: His mocking (and later [[ColdBloodedTorture torture]]) of Big Al for being fat and Reg for being black certainly qualifies.
* SinisterShades: Prefers to wear Music/EltonJohn-inspired shades in his public appearances.
* SmugSnake: A slimy, Irish mobster, he always manges to escape prosecution [[spoiler: because he has a [[TheMole mole]] in the D.A's office]] but once Kersey gets his sights on him, he acts like its' a minor annoyance. Even when his [[TheDragon dragon]] Chicki warns him not to underestimate Kersey, O'Shea is far too confident in his plans. Sadly, his overconfidence proved to be his undoing, as he wasn't savvy enough to realize he was a villain in a ''Death Wish'' movie and therefore, doomed.