- Season 1
- Season 2:
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Misc. Characters
open/close all folders
"It's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle."
Voiced by: Ben SingerOne of the two Co-hosts of Death Battle, Wizard acts like the front man of the duo. An intelligent, stoic individual, Wiz is usually the one to calculate the strength, speed and experience of the combatants for the show. That being said, the earlier episodes of Death Battle makes it clear he is just as crazy, or crazier, than Boomstick, like having dissected a "voluntary" Goomba, talking about the impracticality of baby launchers, in all the wrong ways and in minor cases, having a couple of pet peeves.
- Affably Evil: For all his unethical experimentation, he actually seems like a friendly guy to be around.
- Artificial Limbs: Confirmed in Fulgore vs. Sektor, that arm of his is indeed cybernetic...and prone to glitches... such as "accidentally" punching Boomstick.
- Ax-Crazy: Wizard likes to give the impression that he's saner than Boomstick but, there are hints that he's far crazier and that his Straight Man persona is only skin deep. As well as his Blatant Lies about a Goomba volunteering to be dissected, his immediate reaction when Boomstick muses about the usefulness of a baby-launcher is to tell him that the idea is terrible because it would take nine months to reload.
- Badass Labcoat: As revealed in the second Death Battle Q&A, he has a white mad science one.
- Bad Boss: He apparently doesn't even pay Jocelyn the Intern for her work and only provides food for her on occasion. He specifically gave her her own show as an alternative compensation. Also, Joclelyn's "office" that he gave her is just a broom closet.
- Berserk Button:
"If you were wearing a Parka, which is cold resistant, and you were shot by Samus' ice beam, you would be frozen solid."
- He clearly isn't fond of those who mistake the term "cold resistant" as "totally immune to being frozen solid".
- He's getting pretty sick of stupidly named fictional metals that are straight upgrades to titanium note . Though after seeing the almost ubiquotus presence of such metals, at the time of "Mega Man Vs. Astro Boy" he just snarks at how Ceratanium is obviously better than titanium.
- Saying that a character can "see faster" greatly annoys him.
- He apparently gets irritated when people quote notorious lines from the Star Wars prequel trilogy.
- By far, the one thing that annoys Wiz the most are abilities that cannot be explained in a scientific manner. For instance, Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Sense is so nonsensical, he simply refuses to believe in it, because of the sole fact that it can't be explained scientifically. Or at all.
- A somewhat more minor one is the Highly Visible Ninja trope, often questioning it when it applies to one (or both) of an episode's combatants.
- Cannot Talk to Women: According to Boomstick, he gets shot down by them easily.
- "And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle".
- Also: "Alright, the combatants are set. Let's end this debate once and for all!"
- Characterization Marches On: Starting in Season 3, Wiz's Mad Scientist traits were given more focus over his Straight Man persona.
- Cyborg: If his picture above doesn't tell you, Wiz confirms that he is indeed a cyborg in his Top 10 Cyborgs list.
- Deadpan Snarker: He'll show his disdain for opponents and their skills with backhanded compliments or outright scorn. As of season 2, he's been showing his snarky side noticeably more often.
- Divergent Character Evolution: He was significantly less "nerdy" in the first few episodes. After a while, his superego tendencies were played up more, to make the contrast with Boomstick more apparent.
- Dreadful Musician: According to Boomstick, his singing is borderline lethal.
- Einstein Hair: Then again, what else would you expect from a Mad Scientist?
- Everyone Has Standards:
- Good with Numbers: He does the calculations of speed, strength, etc
- How Unscientific!: Pinkie Pie's "Pinkie Sense" drives him up the wall (much like it did Twilight) because it has no rhyme, reason or scientific explanation.
- Instant Soprano: Happens to him during the Glacius intro video after Boomstick hits him in the nuts.
- Insufferable Genius: He claims to never make mistakes, and is more prone to insulting/prodding at the less intelligent fighters on their dumber moments than his co-host.
- Irony: What kind of scientist calls himself, of all things, Wizard.
- Lack of Empathy: Often is incredulous at some fighter's backstory, especially if they do something that avoids gaining power.
- Lean and Mean: He's svelte of build and doesn't have much of in the way of scientific ethics.
- Mad Scientist: Albeit more stoic than most. He uses rats for genetic testing, dissected a "voluntary" Goomba to study its anatomy, and frequently states scientific real world facts on the combatants' tactics/weapons and how they can effectively kill a person.
- Mask of Sanity: Wiz might seem to be the "sane one" between him and Boomstick, but there are strong hints that he's even crazier.
- Mr. Exposition: He does most of the science stuff.
- Naked People Are Funny: During Venom's preview, Wiz revealed that he actually made a symbiote to act as his clothing, complete with weakness to sonic vibrations. Boomstick proceeded to yell at the top of his lungs and immediately regretted it.
- Noodle Incident: While discussing Android 18's misnaming, he implies that he once suffered a case of revenge-induced madness.
- Not So Above It All: He may seem like the Straight Man at first but, as the series progressed, it became clear that he's just as quirky and crazy as Boomstick.
- Not So Stoic: He gets very frustrated when he has to explain to Boomstick who That Man from Guilty Gear is.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Shoots down Boomstick's idea for a baby-launcher because of how impractical such a weapon would be.
- Precision F-Strike: Whereas Boomstick drops f-bombs with reckless abandon, Wiz presents himself as more refined. When he curses, it's noticeable. He dropped his first f-bomb after 59 episodes when Boomstick quoted Anakin Skywalker's infamous "I don't like sand" line."Don't you fucking dare!"
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Boomstick's red, being more calm and rational.
- To hammer home the point, he wears blue armor with white trim in the Red vs Blue special episode.
- Robot Dog: The Sol Badguy preview reveals that he has one for a best friend. Or rather, had, since Boomstick shoots it in frustration.
- Schedule Fanatic: In Solid Snake vs. Sam Fisher, Boomstick reveals that Wiz wouldn't let him stop to buy a churro while they were on a trip together because it "wasn't in the schedule".
- The Smart Guy: He does the math stuff that goes over Boomstick's head.
- The Stoic: Normally, he shows far less emotion than Boomstick.
- Straight Man: He gives the impression that he's one but don't be fooled. He's every bit as insane as his buddy. He just hides it a bit better.
- In Wolverine vs Raiden, he tries to crack a joke about brain stems. It worked just as well as you'd expect.
- Vocal Evolution: By the third or fourth episode, his voice slowly became lower and more serious/intelligent-sounding. It'll still rack your brain that Wiz looks like a mad scientist and sounds like a college student.
- White Hair, Black Heart: His hair is white, and he once killed a Goomba so he could study its anatomy.
"It's time for a Death Battle!"
Voiced by: Chad JamesThe other Co-host of Death Battle, Boomstick is the wise cracker of the duo. A trigger happy alcoholic, Boomstick tends to focus on his forte for the show, which is the weapons, armor and other useful equipment of the combatants. That being said, Boomstick is far smarter than he let's on, being knowledgeable on dinosaurs, making a surprisingly profound statement on Superman's disguise efforts and having a degree in poultry science, among his wealth of knowledge on weaponry.
- A God I Am: In Hercule Satan VS Dan Hibiki.Boomstick: Hey, if I could lie that well, I'd make everybody think I'm king of the world too, or even... God. Muhahahaha!
- The Alcoholic:
Boomstick: (when discussing Link's hookshot) Man, that really would've helped to get that last beer all those times... probably still be married.Wiz: Doubt it.
- It apparently led to his divorce...
- This gets followed up in Screwattack's top 10 futuristic weapons where Boomstick says he actually used the Gravity Gun to get beers from the couch.
Boomstick: (when discussing Batmans' Utility Belt) That belt has pretty much everything, grappling hook, explosives, beer... maybe not that last one, but mine would.
- In Batman vs. Spider-Man:
Boomstick: (when discussing the Sword of Omens' Tractor Beam) ...Which is perfect for when you're on the couch! Swooooorrrd of Omeeeeens, give me snacks beyond snacks...and a beer!
- In He-Man vs. Lion-O:
Boomstick: (upon learning that Tony's greatest nemesis has been his struggle with alcoholism; cracks open a cold one) Did you say something?
- In Iron Man vs. Lex Luthor:
- All Men Are Perverts: If there's an attractive female on the show, you can bet your money he'll make a perverted comment at her expense. note
- He draws the line at making a density or hardening innuendo about Toph (referring to her ability to change the density of earth) when Wizard reminds him she's twelve (though Boomstick seems slightly disappointed in his resignation when told such). Taokaka is also spared Boomstick's perverted comments, even though her age is unconfirmed, many Blazblue characters call her a 'kitten' and so probably is also not an adult. This might be the reason why, despite her clearly developed body, seventeen-year-old Yang is spared as well, unlike the constant, albeit misleading, innuendo Tifa is given throughout her own rundown.
- Amazon Chaser: Spends a good deal of Yang's analysis admiring her Ember Celica, and when Tifa loses, he laments how he lost another potential wife. He also calls Erza "damn near perfect" and decides that Lara Croft will be his next ex-wife.
- Ambiguously Human: Possibly. It's implied that his father may have been a zombie, although it's never stated whether this was his biological father or one of his many step-fathers. Even if the former is true, what it makes him if it is is unknown. With Red vs. Blue hinting that he is the son of Sarge, this claim is still up in the air.
- Arch-Enemy: Pop-stars in general. He hates them even more than his "bloodsucking ex-wife". Considering how much he hates her, that's saying a lot.
- Artificial Limbs: He has some kind of robotic left leg, according to the gag reels, it houses explosives. As of Screwattack's top 10 Boomstick's list—which Boomstick hosted—it turns out that it is the Super Shotgun from Doom II.
- Awesome, yet Impractical: He patented the baby cannon. He thinks its awesome and so does Wiz. There's just the problem of reloading.
- Badass Moustache: The second Death Battle Q&A reveals that he sports a redneck style one.
- Bad Boss: He also doesn't pay Jocelyn the Intern anything for her work, wasting the money on beer and shotgun shells.
- Big "NO!": After Charizard goes down. He also yells one after Darth Vader loses.
- Bond One-Liner: Usually says one after they explain why the winner of a Death Battle won.Batman vs Spiderman: And all the Waynes' money and the Commissioner's men, couldn't put Batman together again.
- Blood Knight: Nothing pleases him more than gratuitous murder and violence.''That seemed a bit overkill... I liked it.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Boomstick surprisingly likes cute things including; kittens, Kirby and tanukis (though NOT Shukaku, that's a given).
- Cloudcuckoolander: He's prone to going on tangents during the post battle analysis and thought a baby launcher would be a good invention.
- Cluster F-Bomb: His reaction to Gaara's defeat at Toph's hands.
- Cuteness Proximity: He coos at the kittens and the tanuki.
- Deadpan Snarker: He usually saves the "deadpan" for whoever lost the battle. Otherwise, he tends to be more over-the-top than Wiz.
- Death by Origin Story: Reportedly, his grandpappy met his end by way of vengeful chickens.
- Deep South: His accent and love of guns are the most noticeable of such traits. Chad (Boomstick's voice actor) outright classifies Boomstick as a redneck.
- Disappeared Dad: Implied to be one to Evil Craig. It's also implied that he's the victim of one: Sarge's.Boomstick: Hey, nice shotgun! I like the cut of your jib!
Sarge: Hehehe. Well, whaddaya know? Someone who has an eye for the finer things in life!
Boomstick: Hoho, you better believe it!
Sarge: Y'know, you remind me of someone. Almost like the son that I… never wanted…
Boomstick: Well, that's funny. I was about to say you're like the Pappy I never had. When I was a kid, he ran out on us to join the Army and never came back.
Sarge: Huh. Well… how about that? Time to move along, I guess. Nothing to see here. Do-do-do Do-di-do Do-do.
[Sarge backs away slowly. Everyone looks at Boomstick.]
Boomstick: What a nice guy.
- Ditzy Genius: See Hidden Depths and Dumbass Has a Point below, Boomstick is actually more clever than he sounds at times, and can keep up with Wiz.
- Drunk Driver: According to Wiz, he once drove a dune buggy drunk. It ended up in a lake.
- Dumbass Has a Point: Occasionally says something insightful and intelligent in the middle of his ramblings.
- This is highlighted to a point in Yoshi vs. Riptor, where he goes into great detail about Riptor being a velociraptor.
- He also points how, despite their friendship, Red still treats Charizard like a slave because he always puts him in his Pokeball if he ever is done battling with him, just like all Pokemon Trainers.
- Eagleland: Type 2. Loud, boisterous, idiotic (most of the time), and a lover of guns and beer.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas:
- During Gaara's analysis, when talking about how the love of Gaara's mother made him stronger, Boomstick admits he misses his own mother, and defends her and her cooking when Wiz makes a snide comment about the latter.
- He also thinks fondly of his grandmother, as shown from the live pre-show for Yang vs Tifa.
- Everyone Has Standards: Boomstick may be a raging alcoholic, but he draws the line at driving under the influence.
- Extreme Omnivore: Apparently, he wants to eat a Pokémon.Boomstick: What?! They look delicious!
- Generation Xerox: His Gun Nut, Bad Boss, Ditzy Genius, Cloudcuckoolander, Large Ham, Deep South, Blood Knight, Bond One-Liner, Kick the Dog, and Hot-Blooded characteristics comes from his implied father, Sarge of Red Vs. Blue, or at least, that version of him.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: He certainly has no objections to how Rogue ended the fight between her and Wonder Woman.
- Gun Nut: To an surprising degree, even with his Eagleland status. He'll enjoy guns that can trash talk for him, Prioritizes Abnormal Ammo to normal ammo, and if it causes more destruction, fun for him. Some of his favorites are Shotgun 1340, The Boneduster Shotgun, The R.Y.N.O (namely the Mark 5 variant), and the Nano Rifle.
- Half-Human Hybrid: The Ivy vs. Orchid video has him imply that his father was a zombie pirate. Then Screwattack's Top 10 Boomsticks list—which Boomstick hosted—reveals that Boomstick had 13 stepfathers by the age of 4. The zombie pirate in question could've been one of his many stepfathers.
- Hidden Depths: He's more intelligent than his "redneck" persona would have you assume.
- Wiz comments in the Goku Vs. Superman fight that Boomstick's remark involving Superman's disguise was surprisingly profound. He's also surprised that Boomstick knew so much about dinosaurs when he discussed velociraptors. Most noticeable is him having an massive amount of understanding on weapons, and even Power Armor - to the point of him stating the difference between Robots and Power Armor and having him label the tanooki suit as "power armor".
- He has a doctorate in poultry science as shown in the Darth Vader vs Doctor Doom battle, specializing in frying.
- He was also able to say Tchaikovsky's name correctly, a fact that pleasantly surprised Wiz. He's also a fan of the 1812 Overture because it incorporated his favorite musical instrument - a cannon.
- His Name Really Is "Barkeep": The Balrog vs. TJ Combo episode reveals that Boomstick is not his nickname.
- Hot-Blooded: In contrast to the strait-laced Wiz, Boomstick's as bombastic as they come.
- I Call Him "Mr. Happy": Decides to name his penis "Righteous Indignation", after Bucky O' Hare's ship.
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad: Boomstick was apparently raised by a zombie pirate, though whether he hated him is debatable, he just says this:Boomstick: Zombie pirates don't make good fathers. Believe me, I know.
- In Love with Your Carnage: He practically orgasms when he hears that the BFG-9000 isn't Doomguy's most powerful weapon.
- Kick the Dog: After Wiz drives him insane with That Man, Boomstick takes it out on Wiz's pet robotic dog. It only happens in the preview. In the actual episode, he looks up That Man on the internet and calms down.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover:
Shut up! Kittens are adorable!
- While the "kindhearted" part is debatable, he absolutely adores kittens.
- On the other hand, he owns a "laser-guided kitten cannon" and declared cats inferior to dogs (sans the Tigerzord).
- Large Ham: Louder, more passionate and generally a bigger presence than the more reserved Wiz.
- Lethal Chef: According to Wiz, Boomstick's mom is this. He disagrees, or is at least willing to defend her cooking as better than this.
- Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places: According to the "Top 10 Boomsticks" video, Boomstick's mom went through 13 ex-husbands. He wasn't even five years old before she settled on hubby number 14.
- Luke, You Are My Father: He doesn't realize it, but he may be the abandoned son of Sarge. Suddenly a lot of his behavior makes sense. although, whether or not this applies specifically to that version of Boomstick, or if it's even canon at all, is yet to be confirmed.
- Mundane Utility: Often makes a comment about how a fighter's equipment can be used to be lazy.
- Naked First Impression: He apparently forgot his pants when he and Wiz were first acquainted.
- Obsessed with Food: Implied, besides his love for booze, Boomstick mentions food a lot like how he's still mad at Wiz about not getting churro.
- Out-of-Character Moment:
Aww, we missed the cute kitty stage! (Beat) SHUT UP, kittens are adorable!
- Realizes that he does one in He-Man vs Lion-O:
- In Yang vs Tifa, not once does he make an perverted comment on either character. Wiz clearly expects him to but he was actually talking about something else. note
- In Zoro vs Erza, he never makes any real perverted comments towards Erza and instead calls her "damn near perfect", with only a quip about how the Seduction Armor would be useful by making it hard for a man to fight "with an erection".
- Pet the Dog: Considering how usually callous he and Wiz are when talking about anything tragic that happens to their opponents, when Wiz casually mentions Aerith's death, Boomstick politely tells him not to bring it up while shedding a tear.
- Pungeon Master: Spouts off at least one pun in every episode with the Toph vs Garra match going to town, usually at the very end. Doesn't mean he'll like what he says though.
- Real Men Wear Pink: According to Yoshi vs. Riptor, he owns a pink car (with flame decals) which Riptor slams into, wrecking it.Boomstick: No, my car!
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Wizard's blue, being louder and more excitable.
- Like Wiz, he's color-coded with Crimson armor with White Trims in the Red vs Blue Special Episode.
- Southern-Fried Genius: Who would believe this shotgun-totting, swearing redneck actually has a college degree in poultry science?
- Super Strength: If he isn't just bragging as always, Boomstick seems to be stronger than your average denizen of the Deep South.Boomstick: (on Lion-O's Claw Shield) …with which, in his first outing, he effortlessly punched down a tree. Hey, that's just like how I catch squirrels for supper!
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Whenever Boomstick obviously favors one character over their opponent, that character would always end up losing. He was understandably enthusiastic when Guts vs Nightmare finally had one of his favorite characters win, with him talking over Wiz during the post-match analysis so he could gush some more about the winner.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Squirrels. According to the 2014 SDC Death Battle panel, his favorite breakfast food is "Nana's Southern Fried Squirrel." He also mentions that Lion-O punching down trees is like "How I catch squirrels for supper!"
- Understatement: His only response to Shao Khan absorbing M. Bison's soul is "That can't be good".
- Vocal Evolution: By the third or fourth episode, his voice started getting louder and took on a more pronounced Southern accent.
- The Watson: He tends to be the one to ask the questions about Wizard's scientific facts so that they can be more easily explained to the audience. According to many 'Behind The Scenes' videos, Boomstick tries to contradict Wiz's researching and claims with questions normal people would ask about the combatants.
- Who's on First?: While going over Sol Badguy, Wiz brings up That Man. Hilarity Ensues when Boomstick asks which one.
"Well, since I'm not getting anything else, I thought I might as well achieve some kind of internet notoriety!"
Voiced by: Lisa FoilesOriginally a poorly paid intern and the person responsible for doing most of the more obscure information on combatants, Jocelyn was given her own show by the two hosts of Death Battle as an alternative to actually paying her. Her show, The Desk of Death, focuses on facts that have been discovered, but don't contribute in any way to the combatants' strengths and weaknesses in the main show, but are surprising or interesting or, more often than not, just plain weird enough to be an episode's topic.
- Ascended Extra: Jocelyn was a minor ScrewAttack personality. Now she's a host of her own show.
- Author Avatar: She appears in some episodes as a red-haired Konata Izumi with glasses.
- Butt-Monkey: Comes with interning under Wiz and Boomstick. It even happens off camera. In the past, she got blown up for trying to steal Stuttering Craig's hat.
- Deus ex Machina: Discussed in the "Cancer Killed Captain America's Shield??" episode. Cap's shield was destroyed, only to be put back together by a villain named Klaw.
- Heartbreak and Ice Cream: She said she once gorged on comfort food after one of her boyfriends left her.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: She's the one who actually does the research.
- Idiot Ball: Discussed in the episode "Boba Fett is an IDIOT!!" when she explains the many times Fett fell into the Sarlacc. In her words: "See, being clever doesn't disqualify you from being an idiot. It's possible to be both."
- The Intern: She's introduced as an intern for Wiz and Boomstick, and a rather underpaid one, at that.
- Only Sane Woman: Her bosses are (when in character) a mad scientist and a quirky redneck; it would be difficult for her to not be the sanest member of such a group.
- Otaku Surrogate: Says that Japan is best place ever for having Nintendo, anime and sushi.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Kinda. She gets her own spinoff show, but it's only really a way to not actually pay her. In addition to that, in later Death Battle episodes, her bosses sometimes advertise her show at the end of their episode.