Characters: Death Battle
The hosts and combatants shown so far in Death BattleCONTAINS SPOILERS!
- Episodes 1 through 25
- Episodes 26 through 35
- Episodes 36 through 44
- Episodes 45+
- Misc. Characters
- One Minute Melee
open/close all folders
- Wizard: "It's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle."
Voiced by: Ben Singer
- Ax-Crazy: Wizard likes to give the impression that he's saner than Boomstick but, there are hints that he's far crazier and that his Straight Man persona is only skin deep. As well as his Blatant Lies about a Goomba volunteering to be dissected, his immediate reaction when Boomstick muses about the usefulness of a baby-launcher is to tell him that the idea is terrible because it would take nine months to reload.
- Artificial Limbs: Confirmed in Fulgore vs. Sektor, that arm of his is indeed cybernetic...and prone to glitches... such as "accidentally" punching Boomstick.
- Badass Labcoat: As revealed in the second Death Battle Q&A, he has a white mad science one.
- Bad Boss: He apparently doesn't even pay Jocelyn the Intern for her work and only provides food for her on occasion. He specifically gave her her own show as an alternative compensation.
- Berserk Button:
"If you were wearing a Parka, which is cold resistant, and you were shot by Samus' ice beam, you would be frozen solid."
- He clearly isn't fond of those who mistake the term "cold resistant" as "totally immune to being frozen solid".
- He's getting pretty sick of fictional metals that are better than titanium.
- Saying that a character can "see faster" greatly annoys him.
- Cannot Talk to Women: According to Boomstick, he gets shot down by them easily.
- Catch Phrase:
- "and it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle".
- Also: "Alright, the combatants are set. Let's end this debate once and for all!"
- Deadpan Snarker: He'll show his disdain for opponents and their skills with backhanded compliments or outright scorn. As of season 2, he's been showing his snarky side noticeably more often.
- Dreadful Musician: According to Boomstick, his singing is borderline lethal.
- Einstein Hair: Then again, what else would you expect from a Mad Scientist?
- Good with Numbers: He does the calculations of speed, strength, etc
- Irony: What kind of scientist calls himself, of all things, Wizard.
- Insufferable Genius: He claims to never make mistakes, and is more prone to insulting/prodding at the less intelligent fighters on their dumber moments than his co-host.
- Lack of Empathy: Often is incredulous at some fighter's backstory, especially if they do something that avoids gaining power.
- Mad Scientist: Albeit more stoic than most. He uses rats for genetic testing, dissected a "voluntary" Goomba to study its anatomy, and frequently states scientific real world facts on the combatants' tactics/weapons and how they can effectively kill a person.
- Mr. Exposition: He does most of the science stuff.
- Not So Above It All: He may seem like the Straight Man at first but, as the series progressed, it became clear that he's just as quirky and crazy as Boomstick.
- Not So Stoic: He gets very frustrated when he has to explain to Boomstick who That Man from Guilty Gear is.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Shoots down Boomstick's idea for a baby-launcher because of how impractical such a weapon would be.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Boomstick's red, being more calm and rational.
- Robot Dog: The Sol Badguy preview reveals that he has one for a best friend. Or rather, had, since Boomstick shoots it in frustration.
- The Smart Guy: He does the math stuff that goes over Boomstick's head.
- The Stoic: Normally, he shows far less emotion than Boomstick.
- Straight Man: He gives the impression that he's one but don't be fooled. He's every bit as insane as his buddy. He just hides it a bit better.
- In Wolverine vs Raiden, he tries to crack a joke about brain stems. It worked just as well as you'd expect.
- Vocal Evolution: By the third or fourth episode, his voice slowly became lower and more serious/intelligent-sounding. It will still rack your brain that Wiz looks like a Mad Scientist and sounds like a college student.
- Boomstick:"It's time for a Death Battle!"
Voiced by: Chad James
- The Alcoholic:
Boomstick: *when discussing Link's hookshot* "Man, that really would've helped to get that last beer all those times... probably still be married."Wizard: "Doubt it."
- It apparently led to his divorce...
- This gets followed up in Screwattack's top 10 futuristic weapons where Boomstick says he actually used the Gravity Gun to get beers from the couch.
Boomstick: *when discussing Batmans' Utility Belt* "That belt has pretty much everything, grappling hook, explosives, beer... maybe not that last one, but mine would".
- In the Batman vs. Spider-Man episode.
Boomstick: *when discussing the Sword of Omens Tractor Beam* "...Which is perfect for when you're on the couch! Swooooorrrd of Omeeeeens, give me snacks beyond snacks...and a beer!"Boomstick: *upon learning that Tony's greatest nemesis has been his struggle with alcoholism* *cracks open a cold one* "Did you say something?"
- In He-Man vs. Lion-O,
- All Men Are Perverts: If there's an attractive female on the show, you can bet your money he'll make a perverted comment at her expense. note
- He draws the line at making a density or hardening innuendo about Toph (referring to her ability to change the density of earth) when Wizard reminds him she's twelve. Taokaka is also spared Boomstick's perverted comments, even though her age is unconfirmed, many Blazblue characters call her a 'kitten' and so probably is also not an adult.
- Arch-Enemy: Pop-stars in general. He hates them even more than his "bloodsucking ex-wife". Considering how much he hates her, that says a lot.
- Artificial Limbs: He has some kind of robotic left leg, according to the gag reels, it houses explosives.
- As of Screwattack's top 10 Boomsticks list—which Boomstick hosted—it turns out that that's actually the Super Shotgun from Doom II.
- Badass Moustache: The second Death Battle Q&A reveals that he sports a redneck style one.
- Bad Boss: He also doesn't pay Jocelyn the Intern anything for her work, wasting the money on beer and shotgun shells.
- Big "NO!": After Charizard goes down. He also yells one after Darth Vader loses.
- Blood Knight: Nothing pleases him more than gratuitous murder and violence.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Boomstick surprisingly likes cute things including; kittens, Kirby and tanukis (though NOT Shukaku, that's a given).
- Catch Phrase:
- Cloudcuckoolander: He's prone to going on tangents during the post battle analysis and thought a baby launcher would be a good invention.
- Cluster F-Bomb: His reaction to Gaara's defeat at Toph's hands.
- Cuteness Proximity: He coos at the kittens and the tanuki.
- Deadpan Snarker: Occasionally. He tends to be more over-the-top than Wiz.
- Deep South: His accent and love of guns are the most noticeable of such traits. Chad (Boomstick's voice actor) outright classifies Boomstick as a redneck.
- Ditzy Genius: See Hidden Depths and Dumbass Has a Point below, Boomstick is actually more clever than he sounds at times, and can keep up with Wiz.
- Dumbass Has a Point: Occasionally says something insightful and intelligent in the middle of his ramblings. This is highlighted to a point in Yoshi vs Riptor, where he goes into great detail with Riptor being a velociraptor.
- Eagleland: Type 2. Loud, boisterous, idiotic (most of the time), and a lover of guns and beer.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: During Gaara's analysis, when talking about how the love of Gaara's mother made him stronger, Boomstick admits he misses his own mother, and defends her and her cooking when Wiz makes a snide comment about the latter.
- Extreme Omnivore: Apparently, he wants to eat a Pokémon.Boomstick: What?! They look delicious!
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: He certainly has no objections to how Rogue ended the fight between her and Wonder Woman.
- Half-Human Hybrid: The Ivy vs. Orchid video has him imply that his father was a zombie pirate. Then Screwattack's Top 10 Boomsticks list—which Boomstick hosted—reveals that Boomstick had 13 stepfathers by the age of 4. The zombie pirate in question could've been one of his many stepfathers.
- Hidden Depths: Wiz comments in the Goku Vs. Superman fight that Boomstick's remark involving Superman's disguise was surprisingly profound. He's also surprised that Boomstick knew so much about dinosaurs when he discussed velociraptors. He also has a doctorate in poultry science as shown in the Vader vs Doom battle, specializing in frying.
- Hot-Blooded: In contrast to the strait-laced Wiz he is bombastic.
- I Call Him "Mr. Happy": Decides to name his penis "Righteous Indignation", after Bucky O' Hare's ship.
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad: Boomstick was raised by a zombie pirate, though whether he hated him is debatable, he just says this:Boomstick: "Zombie pirates don't make good fathers. Believe me, I know."
- In Love with Your Carnage: He practically orgasms when he hears that the BFG-9000 isn't Doomguy's most powerful weapon.
- Kick the Dog: After Wiz drives him insane with That Man, Boomstick takes it out on Wiz's pet robotic dog. It only happens in the preview. In the actual episode, he looks up That Man on the internet and calms down.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover:
"Shut up! Kittens are adorable!"
- While the "kindhearted" part is debatable, he absolutely adores kittens.
- On the other hand, he owns a "laser-guided kitten cannon" and declared cats inferior to dogs (sans the Tigerzord).
- Large Ham: Louder, more passionate and generally a bigger presence than Wiz.
- Lethal Chef: According to Wiz, Boomstick's mom is this.
- Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places: According to the "Top 10 Boomsticks" video, Boomstick's mom went through 13 ex-husbands. He wasn't even five years old before she settled on hubby number 14.
- Mundane Utility: Often makes a comment about how a fighter's equipment can be used to be lazy.
- Obsessed with Food: Implied, besides his love for booze, Boomstick mentions food a lot like how he's still mad at Wiz about not getting churro.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Realizes that he does one in He-Man vs Lion-O:"Aww, we missed the cute kitty stage!" *Beat* "SHUT UP, kittens are adorable!"
- Pungeon Master: Spouts off at least one pun in every episode with the Toph vs Garra match going to town, usually at the very end. Doesn't mean he'll like what he says though.
- Real Men Wear Pink: According to Yoshi vs. Riptor, he owns a pink car (with flame decals) which Riptor slams into, destroying it.Boomstick: Nooo, my car!
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Wizard's blue being louder and excitable.
- Southern-Fried Genius: Who would believe this shotgun-totting, swearing redneck actually has a college degree in poultry science?
- Super Strength: If he isn't just bragging as always, Boomstick seems to be stronger than your average denizen of the Deep South.Boomstick: (on Lion-O's Claw Shield) …with which, in his first outing, he effortlessly punched down a tree. Hey, that's just like how I catch squirrels for supper!
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Whenever Boomstick obviously favors one character over their opponent, that character would always end up losing. He was understandably enthusiastic when Guts vs Nightmare finally had one of his favorite characters win, with him talking over Wiz during the post-match analysis so he could gush some more about the winner.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Squirrels. According to the 2014 SDC Death Battle panel, his favorite breakfast food is "Nana's Southern Fried Squirrel." He also mentions that Lion-O punching down trees is like "How I catch squirrels for supper!"
- Understatement: His only response to Shao Khan absorbing M. Bison's soul is "That can't be good".
- Vocal Evolution: By the third or fourth episode, his voice started getting louder and took on a more pronounced Southern accent.
- The Watson: He tends to be the one to ask the questions about Wizard's scientific facts so that they can be more easily explained to the audience. According to many 'Behind The Scenes' videos, Boomstick tries to contradict Wiz's researching and claims with questions normal people would ask about the combatants.
Voiced by: Lisa Foiles
Jocelyn: "Well, since I'm not getting anything else, I thought I might as well achieve some kind of internet notoriety!"
- Ascended Extra: Jocelyn was a minor ScrewAttack personality. Now she's a host of her own show.
- Butt Monkey: Comes with interning under Wiz and Boomstick. It even happens off camera. In the past, she got blown up for trying to steal Studdering Craig's hat.
- Deus ex Machina: Discussed in the "Cancer Killed Captain America's Shield??" episode. Cap's shield was destroyed only to be put back together by a villain named Klaw.
- Heartbreak and Ice Cream: She said she once gorged on comfort food after one of her boyfriends left her.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: She's the one who actually does the research.
- Idiot Ball: Discussed in the episode "Boba Fett is an IDIOT!!" when she explains the many times Boba Fett fell into the Sarlacc. In her words: "See, being clever doesn't disqualify you from being an idiot. It's possible to be both."
- The Intern: Is introduced as such.
- Only Sane Woman: Her bosses are (when in character) a mad scientist and a redneck; it would be difficult not to be the sane one of the group.
- Otaku Surrogate: Says that Japan is best place ever for having Nintendo, anime and sushi.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Kinda. She gets her own spinoff show, but it's only really a way to not actually pay her. In addition to that, in later Death Battle episodes, her bosses sometimes advertise her show at the end of their episode.