Characters: Dango Daikazoku
is a forum roleplay based upon the series CLANNAD
, and this is its character page. Any canon character on the site from Clannad retains most of their tropes, so see its character page here
for their tropes that aren’t relevant to the forum. Original characters and their face claims can be found here.
open/close all folders
This is Kojiro in any thread involving Kyou...not, he is not related to Kichiro in anyway
Otomo Kojiro, often shortened to Koji is an original character, made and played by Nickapous. He's coined as a really nice guy that goes out of his way to help people. On the flip side, he was, something of a delinquent, beating up bullies because of his kickboxing skills. Though he's very easily flustered when it comes to a certain purple-haired Tsundere
- All Love Is Unrequited: Koji loves Kyou. She loves Tomoya. Tomoya is just friends with her at the moment in the RP.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: Argueably, the stress of his father's job drove him into a deep depression, and he thought his family would be better off without a horrible father.
- Disappeared Dad: See above. Koji's father walked out one day with no explaination as to why. He then moved house, and never bothered to contact his family.
- Dogged Nice Guy: See above. Type 1.
- First Name Basis: INSISTS that everyone and anyone drop all suffixes and refer to him as Koji.
- I Want My Belovedto Be Happy: Understands it's okay if Kyou eventually choses Tomoya over him. Still doesn't stop him from worrying like hell about it.
- Love Confession: Gets caught trying to stuff a love poem into Kyou's locker. Hillarity ensues.
- Megaton Punch: Is a very skilled kickboxer. Perhaps not to the level of Tomoyo, but he's tough cookie.
- He's actually ganged up on by a bunch of thugs he once dealt with.
- Until Tomoyo saves him with her mere presence.
- Moral Dilemma: After having his fortune told by Ryou, he faces an internal choice, Tomoyo or Kyou?
- Nice Guy: Incredibly honest, almost to a fault. Buys Tomoya a reasonably-priced lunch, and helps out Nagisa.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Aside from his boxing aptitude, Koji is as normal as anyone else. He has no remarkable talents, or any freakish traits.
- Parental Abandonment: He takes his father's departure surprisingly well, but doesn't like to talk about it. At all.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: To a point. He's pretty lithe and has decent grades. But he's not explicitly good, or bad looking.
- Save Our Club: Offers to join the Drama Club after meeting Nagisa, and feeling like he could help her out.
- Ship Tease: Koji and Kyou.
- Shout-Out: Gym closet spell. Except it's Koji and Kyou that get stuck in this time.
- Stalker with a Crush: Stalks Tomoya in one instance to try and find out what makes Kyou attracted to him. Is caught red-handed by Tomoyo. Ends up buying him lunch and spilling the beans. Tomoya gives him a little... Pep talk.
- The Generic Guy: He's tough, but not to the same level as Tomoyo or Kyou. His grades are adequate, but his book smarts aren't to the level of Kotomi's.
- Think Nothing of It: Koji will help people without any thought of a reward for doing so. Why? Because his parents brought him up to be kind and helpful to others.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Until his senior year, Koji earned a reputation for beating up school bullies to the point where they'd be too scared to bully anyone again. He stopped after he was threatened with expulsion from Hikarisaka.
Face Claim: Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED)
The hero and ladies' man wannabe
A second-year transfer student from Nagoya. Due to his parents business overseas, he moved to Hikarizaka to live with his uncle and his eight-year-old cousin. Used to be very Hot-Blooded
during his childhood, but an accident has made him mellow down, even though his fire of passion is not entirely extinguished. He is proficient in Aikido, harbors a strong hatred against bullies and desires to be a hero of justice, hence idolizes Tomoyo. However, despite his willingness to make new friends, he is extremely shy around women, and has to cope with it by acting "chivalrous" around them. Akira also has a crush on Kotomi, and tends to admire her from afar.
I float like a cloud in the wind.
Mizukami Ayumu is a second-year student in Hikarizaka High, and was acquainted with Nagisa through a mutual friend when he was a first year and 'Furukawa-senpai' had yet to repeat a year. He has subsequently nursed a crush on his senior.
He's a pretty laidback character, taking life at his own pace, his own way. He is a bit indecisive, and has a few self-esteem issues. He is introverted, but warms up quickly once you get to know him.
- Author Avatar
- But Not Too Foreign: Ayumu is half-Japanese.
- Cannot Spit It Out: He has yet to confess his feelings.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: A mild version, of which a part is his being Mr. Imagination, and looking for 'interesting things'. Still enough to make Tomoya consider him weird, though.
- The Ditherer: He is very indecisive, and he cycles through almost all of the reasons stated in this trope's main page.
- First Name Basis: Nagisa calls him by his first name, while he still can't gather up the courage to return the favor.
- Happy Rain: Ayumu considers almost every rainshower as this.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Ayumu can be rather critical and doubtful of himself. It can also be the reason why he has yet to get an idea that a certain somebody might like him, although it may be more intentional...
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: It can be said that Ayumu's actions are guided by this. Also his reason for joining the drama club.
- Love Triangle: Currently Type 5. Ayumu likes Nagisa... but it seems a certain pink-haired girl likes him.
- Meaningful Name: The player originally meant his surname to mean Water God (a reference to his love of rain), but his lack of knowledge regarding Japanese might mean the name means something else. His first name is meaningful, too, and doubles as a Shout-Out, as seen below.
- Missing Mom: His mother is dead, although Ayumu doesn't make that much of a big deal about it. He does remember her fondly.
- Most Writers Are Writers: It hasn't come up that much recently, although right now it might be the reason for his Lampshade Hanging of his encounters with Iryna...
- Nice Guy: Played straight, and has been The Confidant for some people. You do have to get to know him first.
- The Philosopher: Mostly only to himself. Most of his contemplations feature many questions.
- Shout-Out: To a few Ayumus out there that the player likes, most specially Osaka...
- Sugar and Ice Personality: a.k.a. Kuudere. Ayumu's personality is this flavor of The Stoic.
- Walking the Earth: A very, very mild version. Along with rain, Ayumu likes wandering around. You might find him in places where he has really no reason to be there other than he passed by.
Face Claim: Kagamine Len (Vocaloid)
Don't let the cute face deceive you.
Aizawa Shouko is the younger cousin of Otomo Kojiro. Played by Nickapous, she is an original character. With a loud mouth, and a reputation for aggression, she compensates for her small stature with a big attitude. She's credited with being a mini-Kyou, though her weapon of choice is more verbal than literal.
- A-Cup Angst
- Badass Adorable: Shou is rather petite young girl. She also doesn't take anything from anyone, except perhaps the boys she likes.
- Big Sister Instinct: In a manner of speaking. Shou acts like a big sister to her older cousins Jun and Koji. However, she learnt everything she knows about cooking and cleaning from the former.
- Curtains Match the Window: Played with. The rest of her family have dark blue eyes making her something of an anomaly.
- Hair Decorations: Her hair's tied up in a ponytail with a bright red scrunchie.
- Genki Girl
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Shou can be very manipulative and cruel to get her way. She even goes out of her way to chew up Tomoyo for being friends with her cousin, as Tomoyo's less than spotless track record could bode ill for Koji.
- Little Miss Snarker: A lot with Jun, and even more patronizing to Karu.
- Weapon of Choice: Usually words, though she has threatened to chuck an ice-skate at someone BLADE FIRST.
- Yuri Fan: Implied considering how she reacts to being told by Tomoya that Kyou is bisexual.
Little Miss (snobby) America
A foreign exchange student from the United States of America. Daughter of wealthy businessman Nathan Vanderbilt, Avery is exceptionally spoiled, stuck-up, selfish, judgmental, harsh and downright obnoxious. She seems to make enemies with everyone and as a result, she's often a slave to Karma. Her only "friend" is another foreign exchange student from France: Ashyanna. This is also notably pathetic when you take Ashyanna's passivity into account as it's the sole reason she even puts up with Avery while anyone else would either confront or avoid her. Avery sees Ashyanna more-so as a pet or "minion" per say, rather than an actual friend.
Avery serves as an unofficial antagonist in the RP. She's also almost borderline Japanophobic with a Japanophilic father. Hilarity Ensues
In spite of all her flaws, Avery has a (currently) hidden sympathetic side due to her insecurities and feeling incredibly lost, lonely and unwanted in Japan. Despite the fact that if she tried being nicer, she would make friends, Avery has instead built up a superiority complex that makes her feel better but at the same time pushes everyone else away.
- All Women Are Prudes: Played With. While not every female character in the series is, Avery herself seems to be uncomfortable with anything remotely intimate.
- Alpha Bitch: Played Straight.
- American Accents: A strange mixture between the “Prep” and “Valley Girl” accents. Mostly the former.
- Attention Whore: In that Avery tries to garner attention by bragging about her wealth, looks and clothing (when not in school).
- Beneath the Mask: In truth, beneath Avery’s nasty behavior is a girl who is incredibly insecure, sensitive and bordering on some type of mental breakdown.
- Big Fancy House: The Vanderbilt family owns and lives in a home somewhat styled to a mini-mansion. Complete with fountains, shrubbery, a pool in the backyard and a tennis court beside it. The house itself is westernized which starkly contrasts with the other more traditional Japanese homes in the town.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: She’s bratty and the daughter of a rich man. I think you know where I’m going with this folks…
- Catholic School Girls Rule: Avery's "main" casual/everyday outfit is a play on this. Complete with a buttoned, white short-sleeved tee, matching white type C Zettai Ryouiki, a red skirt and a matching red tie. To top it all off, black 3" heeled mary janes.
- Dog Stereotype: Avery owns a crème-colored Pomeranian named “Buttercrème “, who is spoiled and seems to be aggressive. Sound like anybody?
- Driven by Envy: It’s arguable that the reason Avery acts the way she does is because she is jealous of the grace and honor that surrounds Japanese culture.
- Dumb Blonde: Subverted. While Avery is blonde, attractive and wealthy (the common traits of a Dumb Blonde) she is actually quite intelligent, when she actually applies herself.
- Entitled Bastard: Avery doesn’t want to go out of her way to help another, but she fully expects people to help her when she's in need. (That's implying she actually lets people know she needs help at all.)
- Girl Posse: Played With. It’s very likely that Avery wants one of these, but along with her friend-minion Ashyanna, they can somewhat function as this… even if Ashyanna is naïve and only wants to make Avery happy.
- Hates Being Touched: While it’s unknown what caused this (whether it be Avery believing she’s too good for intimacy, or perhaps she’s simply inexperienced in being affectionate), Avery just doesn’t like having people touch her, especially when it’s spontaneous.
- Hidden Depths: Like Beneath the Mask, Avery supposedly acts the way she does out of jealousy and her own insecurities. It’s also revealed later on that her mother and father divorced when she was little, resulting in her father dating a young, beautiful and proper Japanese woman.
- Icy Blue Eyes
- Idle Rich: Despite being old enough for a part-time job, she makes no attempt to do anything all that productive or make a (positive) name for herself and she instead chooses to live off of her father’s money and her family’s fame.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Played depressingly straight. Avery is insecure on the inside, so she hides this by exploiting her judgmental, stuck-up side. One could say this is a backfire from her mother encouraging her to be perfect but then reality comes into play…
- It's All About Me: Quite self-centered.
- Jerkass: Self-explanatory.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Poor, poor Avery. (Or not.) Whenever she acts out and judges others for her own benefit (which she does a lot), she seems to be zapped by the laser of justice that is Karma. It can be her peers retaliating against her or perhaps a simple accident after she makes a complete bitch of herself.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Played rather straight. Her only friend is Ashyanna, who in truth is more like a minion/puppet that Avery uses for her own benefits. Or perhaps she controls and intimidates her as she's afraid Ashyanna will leave. Beyond that, most of the school either hates and/or fears her. Her father often spends his time with Kyoko, his lover, away from home but only because Avery herself dislikes Kyoko.
- Loners Are Freaks: Somewhat justified in Avery’s case. While most stereotypical attractive, wealthy and fashionable teenagers in school are popular, Avery is not. It could be due to the fact she’s a foreigner who more-often-than-not pushes others away due to her behavior. Thus, despite her delusions that she IS popular, Avery is quite isolated and disliked.
- Neat Freak: Can’t stand even a little stain on any of her clothes. Prone to have a heroic BSOD if any of her valuables are ruined by “ick”.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Avery does quite a bit of these.
- No Sympathy: Avery often has a hard time showing sympathy to those in physical, emotional or even mental pain. However, there can be exceptions, depending on the situation.
- Ojou: A mixture between type B and C (Ice Queen and Royal Brat, respectively).
- Parental Neglect: Somewhat Downplayed. While her parents didn’t always neglect her per-say, their parenting was rather shoddy as they chose to spoil her and inflate her ego while resulted in her behavior in current time. They still often took trips and left her alone to be taken care of by apathetic servants.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Quite a bit of her character is based on the stereotypical view that Americans tend to be obnoxious, ignorant and spoiled. It doesn’t make this trope less valid when you remember the character herself is American, now in a different country.
- Rich Bitch: Quite self-explanatory. Tends to really show when she brags about her wealth and belittles others for whatever reason she sees fit.
- Royal Brat
- Smug Snake: Played Straight. Avery seems to dislike just about everyone else, and even acts callously towards her “friend” Ashyanna.
- Spoiled Brat
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Doubly Subverted. Due to the Vanderbilt's money, one would think Avery could get whatever she wanted. She forces her father to try and bribe the school counsel to allow her to wear whatever she wishes while in school, only for them to not be swayed by offers of money. However, afterwards, Avery still gets her way sometimes based on the sole fact she's from a wealthy family.
- The Fashionista: One of Avery’s hobbies is clothes and their appeal, to the point where she will (not surprisingly) call others out if she deems their fashion sense is horrid (in Avery's opinion).
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Downplayed. Tomboy to Ashyanna’s Girly-Girl, despite the fact Avery herself could easily be considered a Girly-Girl. This trope applies because in comparison to Ashyanna (who is sweet-natured, shy, and submissive; loves cute frou-frouish things) Avery (who is aggressive and dominant) could be considered one.
- Tsundere: Avery herself has a hard time conveying her emotions and (obviously) chooses to rather expose her harsh, bitchy side even if it’s to someone she cares about. Type A, without a doubt.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type B in her school uniform and type C in her casual (the one with the red tie & skirt) outfit.
Fuukami Ivanova Iryna
Face Claim: Kanzaki H. Aria (Hidan no Aria)
The petite rival
A half-Russian second-year who is Shouko's long-time bitter rival. Iryna is even smaller in stature than Shouko and prides herself with her "natural" loli charm and her family's wealth. She decided to take up ice-skating in order to achieve what her mother, a former Russian professional skater who was forced to retire prematurely due to an injury, couldn't. Despite having her own talent in ice-skating, Iryna still has not bested Shouko even once in any competitions, resulting in their rivalry. She also harbors a crush on a second-year boy named Ayumu ever since her entrance ceremony.
- Big Fancy House: Not far from Kotomi's.
- But Not Too Foreign: Her mother is Russian while her father is a bona-fide Japanese.
- Crash-Into Hello: With her crush, Ayumu.
- Cry Cute
- Curtains Match the Window
- Cute Little Fangs
- Determinator: She will never give up on trying to surpass Shouko in figure skating, and follow the footsteps of her mother.
- Expy: Of Rie Kugimiya's tsundere characters, but not without some modifications.
- Fiery Redhead
- Girlish Pigtails
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Has a huge collection of cat plushies in her room.
- Hair Decorations: Her horn-like hair ornaments.
- Lady and Knight: Despite trying to make Ayumu her sidekick/slave initially, she's started to view him as her loyal "knight".
- Lonely Rich Kid
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Despite making no effort to hide her wealth and her fondness of using other boys as she sees fit, she does not want to use her wealth to influence other people.
- Love at First Sight: Harbors an interest in Ayumu when she first saw him during the entrance ceremony. Not that she's willing to admit it.
- The Napoleon: She secretly wants to grow a bit taller, and dislikes being called "small", "shorty", or anything of the sort.
- Nonindicative Name: "Iryna" means "peace", which contrasts her combative personality.
- Nouveau Riche
- Petite Pride: Unlike Shouko, Iryna does not care much about her bust size, and is rather proud of her lolita charms.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Unfortunately for Iryna, many others see her as this.
- Shana Clone
- Trademark Favorite Food and Drink: Meat buns and Earl Grey tea.
- Tsundere: Especially tsun towards Shouko, but much more dere towards Ayumu.
- Unknown Rival: To Shouko.
- When You Coming Home, Dad?: Her father has difficulties trying to be with his family.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade S.