Characters: Corrector Yui
This page lists the characters of Corrector Yui
and their associated tropes.
open/close all folders
The Human Correctors
A middle school student who assumes the online identity of "Corrector Yui". She is pretty clumsy, but a dreamer and as long as the story goes, she not only gets the trust of her teammates, but grows on taking the responsibility of maintaining order in ComNet. She takes the Magical Girl
role by pure accident, when IR thinks she is an "expert on computers" (which she isn't).
- Ascended Fangirl
- Brown Eyes: She has a trustworthy character, and compared to her friends (both virtual and human) who are more specialized in computers than her, she is the most down-to-earth from them. Yui also can make huge Puppy-Dog Eyes when she is in trouble.
- Childhood Friends: Yui has been friends with Takashi during all their lives, making a more deep connection with him (which is why Haruna, sometimes, is jealous about their close friendship), even if it's just to be bickering each other.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: She can easily be distracted by the cuteness when she is supposed to be fighting a virus... which sometimes is very unhelpful for her or her teammates.
- Daddy's Girl: Her dad still sees her as a child and is very overprotective to her. Heck, he even does his best to spoil her, taking advantage of his web developer's job.
- Genius Ditz: She is naive with computers' knowledge, but she has a very good singing voice and is a great artist. Heck, she even related at first instance that Ai Shinozaki is Corrector Ai, even if it was for a single dialogue she told her as both (but then, no one believed her because anyone could be anyone on the Internet).
- Genki Girl
- Hair Antennae: Her distinctive hairstyle has one that denotes her ditzy personality.
- Heroic BSOD: She suffers three through the first season, all of them related to her role as a Magical Girl.
- The Heroine
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: She pulls this to both a manipulated Corrector Haruna and a controlled Shun, because she didn't want to do any harm to them. They work.
- Jumped at the Call
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The light to Ai's dark.
- Male Gaze: A fourteen year old with a young adult woman figure. The Transformation Sequence puts a lot of emphasis on her hips, her breasts and her butt.
- Otaku Surrogate: She aspires to be a manga artist and a voice actress... and she is also a Magical Girl.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Takashi. She has been friends with him ever since they were children.
- Precocious Crush: Yui met Shun when she was four years old, and since then, she had a crush on him.
- Screw Destiny: She wasn't the Chosen One at first. It was all a mistake that IR made along the way when they first met. However, at the time she reunited all the software programs, she eventually wasn’t just leading them but she also ended up befriending them, and didn’t want to let them down when Haruna assumed the leadership.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Once Shun is in America, she starts falling in love with other cute guys she meets.
- The Unchosen One: Professor Inukai had Haruna in mind to be the human corrector that would lead the correctors, but Grosser intercepted IR to make Yui the one... imagine her surprise when Inukai informs her that she wasn't supposed to be their leader...
Voiced by: Yuko Kagata (JP), Mayra Arellano (LA)
Yui's best friend from middle school. She is a mild mannered girl who is believed to be a computer-knowledgeable genius. She was also Professor Inukai's first choice to be the Correctors' leader but IR confused her with Yui, thanks to Grosser
She later assumes the Corrector Haruna online identity at full, when Yui's life is in danger.
- The Ace: Haruna is very smart, and very acknowledgeable on computers. For this reason alone, Inukai wanted her to be the original leader of the Correctors. And it shows as well, when she assumes her role as Corrector Haruna to rescue Yui, as she manages to use the four Element Suits perfectly at the first try.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her element suit is the only one of the three that includes a midriff section.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Please don't push her buttons too much, especially when it regards to her friends' lives.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Grosser manipulates her as part of his plan in the first season.
- Dark Magical Girl: When controlled by Grosser.
- Evil Costume Switch: Her Element Suit has an angelic motif and a light colors scheme (turquoise, white, and pink). Her other Element Suit (when being controlled by Grosser), while it resembles similar pieces of her original suit, it is made sexier, and has Opera Gloves and Thigh-High Boots, with a color scheme which consists mostly of black and red.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: The convenient motif of her element suit is that it resembles an angel, but when she gets brainwashed by Grosser, it resembles a devil.
- Green-Eyed Monster: While she is a gentle girl with everybody, she also envies Yui’s bright and friendlier personality, when she partly feels as a loner. This makes it easier for Grosser to manipulate her, especially in the manga.
- Idiot Hair: Her hairstyle has a cowlick, and though she is a little naive, Haruna is actually very smart.
- Invisible Parents: While they appear off-screen, it is implied her parents are workaholics and that they are barely at home. However, they do appear if only for a few panels of the manga, worried about her when she falls into a coma, thanks to Grosser.
- Missed the Call: Professor Inukai's first choice to be corrector, that went to Yui instead.
- Mission Control: She assumes her full role as Corrector, when Yui falls victim from a Boggles’ infection.
- Nice Hat: Her Element suit’s cap resembles an angel's halo.
- Paint It Black: When Haruna gets fully brainswashed, her suit instantly gets corrupted as well, becoming more or less a sexier version of the Angel Element Suit, resembling a devil, instead.
- Shrinking Violet: She slowly gets better, especially after she starts opening much better with help of Yui.
- Silk Hiding Steel
- Submissive Badass
- Team Mom: Haruna is supportive and has a maternal instinct for her friends, and preferred to be on the sidelines when she turned down her leader role as a human corrector. However, this change once she decides to help Yui in the battlefield.
A mysterious girl who becomes a Corrector in season two. She becomes the temporal neighbor of Yui, living with her aunt (Shun’s mother), once Shun goes to America to keep studying Medicine.
She is the daughter of computer scientists Shintaro and Asuza Shinozaki, and becomes a corrector only because she needs to find a little girl who is the retainer of the Boggles’ virus (who is also her father’s creation) and it’s the only clue to search for her comatose mother’s lost conscience.
- Aloof Ally: Ai is more capable of handling a virus alone since the very start compared to Yui and Haruna.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She is tall, beautiful, dark-haired and aloof.
- Anti-Hero: She doesn’t consider herself as an ally to Yui, and the other correctors also think the same, especially since she is working on her own and doesn't want to be associated with them. At least, her position changes as time keeps progressing.
- Beauty Mark: Has a little mole very close to her mouth.
- Broken Bird: Where do we even start? She was a sweet kid, but once her dad died when she was young, she started losing her cheerful attitude, becoming more of a loner. And then her mom fell into an accident concerning ComNet with a colleague of hers. Also, Ai seems to be too perfect at everything, that the other girls at her school think she is someone who only thinks highly of herself.
- Dark Magical Girl: She takes the role of corrector, firstly and mostly only for her own ambitions of helping her comatose mom, whose conscience has been lost online for so long, that from one moment or another, she could be declared clinically dead if she never regains it. And considering her only alive relative is her aunt (whose son is studying overseas)... well...
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Mostly thanks to Yui, who helps her not only to improve her personality but also to regain her cheerful attitude.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The dark to Yui's light.
- Loner-Turned-Friend: At the end, Yui becomes her first friend and she starts opening to the rest of the correctors.
- One-Way Visor: She is first seen using a visor that suggests her mysterious nature. However, this visor actually helps her to identify and localize easier a virus nucleus, similar to Rescue and Freeze's attribute.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Her Love Element Suit is based in the outfit of a maid.
- Purple Eyes: Her eyes tie her as an important character for the plot of the second season. And she is very, very important for the plot of the series as well. Her father was one of the few scientists tied to the creation of ComNet, for starters.
- The Snark Knight: Sometimes. Especially when Yui or the Correctors are around.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: The young Ai we see in flashbacks was a really sweet Cheerful Child.
He is the corrector software #1, also known as "The Regulator". His element motif is Wind. He was found by Yui in a Science Fiction MMORPG net disguised as a Space Pirate called Shadowcat.
Voiced by: Takashi Matsuyama (JP), Bardo Miranda (LA)
(as War Wolf) Takashi Matsuyama (JP), Miguel Ángel Ghigliazza (LA)
Corrector Software #2, The Synchronizer. He has the power of Fire. He is the last software to be found since he was under the identity of War Wolf, one of Grosser's Fearsome Four, after an incident that saved the Professor's life but got him injured and infected with a virus. Under the identity of War Wolf, he is a skilled combat fighter, and retains his snarky side towards his companions and the correctors, especially Yui. Synchro eventually returns to his War Wolf identity thanks to the infection of the Boggles virus at the start of season 2, and is only released at the end.
Corrector Software #3, The Predictor. She has the Wind elemental power in her. When the Professor dispersed the correctors for their own sake, she took the role of a popular fortune teller, whose site was later corrupted by Grosser.
Corrector Software #4, The System Maintainer. His element motif is Water. He becomes the mysterious protector of the Nature Net after the Professor dispersed the eight Software Programs.
- Adorably Precocious Child
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Disguised in Drag: In the manga, he was disguised as a girl who is taking care of the Nature Net just to trick Grosser and his minions.
- Green Thumb: He is the protector and controller of Nature, since Ecology is also the motif of his name.
- Making a Splash: Especially having the Water Elemental Power.
- Mouthy Kid
- Refusal of the Call: It took Yui quite the effort to recruit him, since he has a loyalty to his Disappeared Dad, Professor Inukai, but then he starts to like her, when she proves to be mature. This is again shown when Haruna was re-recruiting the correctors, but now it was thanks to the loyalty he had to both the professor AND Yui.
- The Resenter: Mostly towards Synchro... especially for burning the forest he protects when he was War Wolf.
- In fact, this is something that was played very seriously in the Okamoto manga, since it's the trigger of tension between him and Synchro that Haruna, already manipulated by Grosser, uses to try to disperse the already-reunited team.
- Undying Loyalty: To Inukai.
Corrector Software #5, The Repairer. Her Elemental power is related to Water. During the dispersal of the correctors, she was hidden in the Medical Net, seeking the Professor on her own.
Voiced by: Kazuhiko Nishimatsu (JP), Armando Rendiz (LA)
Corrector Software #6, The Archiver. His motif is Fire, something very ironic
since he does not approve of violence. He was, alongside Follow, on a remote island hidden in the Marine Adventure Net.
Voiced by: Shinobu Satouchi (JP), Enrique Mederos (LA)
Corrector Software #7, The Compiler. His elemental power is Earth. He was, alongside Peace, on a remote island hidden in the Marine Adventure Net.
Voiced by: Tomohiro Nishimura (JP), Luis Daniel Ramírez (LA)
Corrector Software #8, The Installer. He has the Earth elemental power. He was the one who Professor Inukai sends to look for the human corrector who will reunite the Software Programs and stop Grosser.
Voiced by: Mugihito
(JP), Miguel Ángel Ghigliazza (LA)
Leader of the Corruptors. And also the main system who controls the whole ComNet.
The only female Corrupted Software on Grosser's Fearsome Four team. She has the ability to freeze anything.
The most knowledgeable of Grosser's henchmen despite his bulk size and his strength. Most of his tactics including manipulating the environment to do his bidding (though most of it didn't do so well). In the second season, he becomes the library administrator.
Voiced by: Kazuhiro Nakayama (JP), Martín Soto (LA)
The most intelligent of Grosser's henchmen. He is armed with primarily a light saber and computer viruses. His computer viruses can be used to corrupt other programs and make them do his bidding. In the second season, he works as a virus computer researcher.
Yui's Classmates and Teachers
Yui's childhood friend and Haruna's love interest. He is a boy who likes sports.
One of Yui's best friends from High School. She is an ecologist at heart.
Voiced by: Yuka Nagayoshi (JP), Isabel Martiñón (LA)
One of Yui's best friends from High School. She is someone who likes to know and visit novelty and popular sites with her friends.
One of Takashi's best friends, he is also a computer geek and fan of MMORPGs and Science Fiction.
Voiced by: Yoshirou Matsumoto (JP), Jose Gilberto Vilchis
(LA, 1st season), Enzo Fortuny (LA, 2nd season)
One of Takashi's best friends.
- Spell My Name with an "S": In the Latinamerican dub, Hideto's name is never accurate, sometimes he is called Bento or Beto...
- Those Two Guys: He is often displaced alongside Ichitaro in preference to Takashi.
Yui's Titular Teacher, who has a childish personality that is problematic for her own students.
Professor Mototsugu Inukai
The creator of the Eight Software Programs and Grosser, and father of all ComNet. He attempts to stop Grosser by sending Correctors, but he is left comatose after Grosser finally caught him.
- Big Good
- Interrupted Suicide: In the first season he tried to stop Grosser via commiting an Heroic Suicide, but Synchro saved him.
- Memory Gambit: As a last effort, he prefers to sacrifice his memory, until the 8 Software Programs are reunited again.
- The Professor
- Quest for Identity: After being saved by Synchro and sacrificing his own memory, he starts in the middle of nowhere not knowing who he is, but he has the hunch of being someone important and that he is searching for some people. And so he begins his search....
Voiced by: Hiroshi Isobe (JP), Yamil Atala (LA)
An engineering/medical student who lives alongside Yui's house. He is Yui's love interest and Ai's cousin.
- Distressed Dude: In the end of season one, he was abducted by Grosser, as bait to lure Yui and the other Correctors to battle him in his lair.
- Oblivious to Love
- Put on a Bus: In the second season it's mentioned that he went to America to keep studying Medicine.
Yui's father and a computer programmer. He is the designer of Fantasy Net and Marine Adventure Net.
Yui's kind and sweet mother.
Ai's mother and widow of Shintaro Shinozaki. At the beginning of season two, she's comatose, thanks to an accident that severed the connection between her mind and body. She is one of the group of scientists that were behind the creation of ComNet, and had vital info about it...
- Barrier Maiden: She is trapped inside ComNet by Ryo Kurokawa, and at the end of the series, Ai must rescue her.
- Creator Couple: She and Shintarou, sorta. It's a plot point since being his partner alongside his wife, she learned some info about Kurokawa...
- Convenient Coma
- She Knows Too Much: Azusa realized Kurokawa's intentions, attepted to confront him in the Com-Net, and was told this. Then the accident happened.
Ai's deceased dad. His death is the reason of why Ai is the way she is in the present. He is also one of the scientists behind ComNet's creation alongside Mototsugu Inukai and Ryo Kurokawa
- Almost Dead Guy: He created Ai-chan as a message container for his daughter when she was a kid, before dying.
- Disappeared Dad: He died when Ai was a child, 10 years ago.
A little but rebellious whale who has the most melodious voice in all the Marine Adventure Net's ocean.
Missing Little Girl/Ai-chan
Voiced by: Makoto Tsumura (JP), Alondra Hidalgo (LA)
A little girl who is always seen with a teddy bear when the Boggles virus is around. She is the creation of Shintaro Shinozaki, as a fairytale character made for her daughter, Ai, and was created as a messenger for her. However, Ryo Kurokawa experimented with her and she became the host of the virus. Her bear is the one who recruits Ai Shinozaki as a corrector.
A man who is working in the fairytale simulation, as a performer for a "Sun, Wind and Traveler" story drama, as the traveler. He asks Freeze to search for the "missing little girl", claiming he wanted to return her home, with one condition; that she shouldn't talk about it with anyone. He promised a large sum of reward money for Freeze, stopping her from asking too much about the job.
Voiced by: Shinpachi Tsuji (JP), Homero Villareal (LA)
He is one of the scientists that was originally behind the creation of ComNet, however he left at earlier stages of this because his ideas clashed with Inukai's and Shinozaki's. He was also a good friend of Azusa but at the end she confronted him, knowing what he was doing (creating the Boggles virus). He then caused the accident that left Azusa in a coma, unleashing the events of the second series