Nathaniel Joseph ClawThe Hero
of this story, he's a pirate known and feared basically everywhere on Seven Seas. After being captured by Le Rauxe and sent to La Roca prison, he finds a note from Edward Tobin, a now-dead prisoner who resided in Claw's cell before him. Tobin's note tells the story about Amulet of Nine Lives which, aside from giving afromentioned nine lives, blesses its wielder with great powers. Intrigued, Claw decides to waltz out of the prison and obtain the Amulet.
- Art Shift: Cutscene!Claw looks somewhat different from Game!Claw or Cover!Claw.
- Badass Adorable: Captain Claw is a cat and looks kinda cute in his uniform and with kitten look on his face. But he's one tough badass of a pirate who will hunt all the mooks and bosses down!
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: He may ask player to bring him something from the kitchen from time to time should the player forget to pause the game.
- Deadpan Snarker: He has smartass comments direted at the situation, his enemies or even you.
- Distracted by My Own Sexy: One of his remarks is "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the handsomest cat of all..."
- Idle Animation: If you don't move him, Captain Claw will start saying things like, "Hello, I'm not getting any younger!" - "I'm growing impatient!" - "At least bring me something back from the kitchen." - "I'm waiting!" Mostly in a very snide tone.
- Super Drowning Skills: Considering he's a pirate and therefore, someone who should be able to swim... Oh well, Gameplay and Story Segregation.
Tropes applying to bosses in general:
- No Sell: Unless specified otherwise, all bosses are immune to pistol, dynamite and magic claw, leaving you only with Sword to fight them.
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: You can try... but you'll just waste your precious goods you collected.
Apparently a Frenchman dog working for Spaniards. He managed to capture Claw and send him to La Roca. The first boss the player will face. Quite disappointingly, he's only a Warmup Boss
. Likely by pure accident, he holds the first gem for the Amulet.
- French Jerk: If his name is any indication.
- Sissy Villain: His voice is soft, his movements are decidedly limp and he wears violet clothes with frills.
- Softspoken Sadist: Both in the cut scenes and when Claw enters his room, his voice is low volume-wise and soft in the evil way.
She's a cat who used to serve under Claw, but got kicked out because of her recklessness and sloth. Currently resides in Thieves' forest and is the second boss. As you have probably guessed, she also has one gem.
Magistrate of El Puerto Del Lobo and the owner of third gem which makes him the third boss. He's a wolf.
- Anti-Villain: He just happens to stand in Claw's way and doesn't seem hostile (like Aquatis) nor is he somehow related to him.
- Hand Blast: Six of them, creating a barrage that's really hard to avoid. Even after nerf, it can still chip away up to 30 hp.
- Noble Wolf: A rare example of the antagaonistic variety. He's a villain but he has no personal grduge against the heroes.
Red Tail's second-in-command. Full of himself. Owns a fourth gem and is the fourth boss.
Joseph Marrow"An old friend"
of Claw, the leader of pirates from Pirates' Cove, the fifth boss and the owner of the fifth gem.
- Acrofatic: Dodges attacks like crazy and is noticeably rounder than other bosses.
- Loyal Animal Companion: He owns a parrot who fights for him tooth and nail.
- Marathon Boss: It takes time to defeat him because first you have to fight his attacking parrot, plus the parrot can transport him to save him from Claw's fighting.
- Sword and Gun: He attacks Claw with a sword, a powerful gun and he sends his parrot at him. His combo is quite deadly.
A king of undersea caves, a giant, fat... octopus thing. Immune to everything you have
which forces you to look for an alternative solution to fight him. The sixth boss and an owner of the sixth gem.
Claw's greatest enemy though sadly we do not know that much about him. The penultimate boss and an owner of two gems. Unlike other bosses before him, gets out of fight alive (or at least in one piece).
- Advancing Wall of Doom: Inverted. While the wall in question does exist in the Boss Room, you will be the one who'll end up advancing on it.
- Blow You Away: If you hear "Western Wind, come forth!", you can consider yourself screwed.
- Boss Arena Idiocy: Inverted. If anything, his Boss Room is designed so it can enhance his attacks and there's no power-up for you to pick up.
- Boss Banter: Compared to other bosses, he talks surprisingly much. He's also the only boss to grunt when hit.
- Damage-Sponge Boss: The only way to beat Red Tail is to hit him until he stops moving. The fact that he'll only allow two hits at the time considerably lengthens the fight.
- Hand Cannon: Owns one and uses it from time to time.
The Final Boss
and a guardian of the Amulet. How does he know Claw is anyone's guess. Noted as notoriously hard among the fanbase.
- Kill It with Fire: Not the man himself (although he's surrounded by a fire shield), but the traps in his Boss Room are basically made of this trope.
- Kill It with Ice: He is surrounded by an ice shield once you get rid of the fire shield. And then the circle repeats.
- Puzzle Boss: During the first phase, you need certain weapon power-up to damage him.
Edward TobinPosthumous Character
, but the one who sets the whole plot into motion. It is his note about the Amulet that is found by Claw in La Roca.