Claudine de Montesse
- Anguished Declaration of Love: He gives one to Cecilia, but she turns him down.
- Break the Cutie: He's more of a handsome boy (in a woman's body) than a cutie, but he is broken nonetheless.
- Not Good with Rejection: After finding out that Sirene has left him for his older brother Andre, he commits suicide in a snowy night.
- Princely Young Man: Well, female-bodied man, but otherwise fits the trope. He's pretty much the incarnation of the Gentleman type.
- "Shut Up" Kiss: He gives one to Maura when she's grieving over her father's sudden death. His mom catches them and they have a huge fight, which leads to Claudine going to the doctor again.
- Snow Means Death: See below. It also snows when Rosemarie visits his grave.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: This happens when he first met Louis, who thinks he's a full-bodied boy.
- Uptown Guy: His first love was Maura, a cute little maid to his family's home.
- Transsexual: Female-to-male.
Madame de Montesse
- Arranged Marriage: With Auguste.
- Parents as People: She's a good person but is completely unprepared to handle Claudine's situation.
Auguste de Montesse
- Arranged Marriage: He and Madame de Montesse.
- Bi the Way: Is sleeping with both Cecilia and Louis.
- Parents as People: He seems to be an Open-Minded Parent, though he has his own issues... specially in regards to Cecilia and Louis.
- Parental Favoritism: Claudine is clearly his favorite child, since he's the most similar to Auguste himself.
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheated on Claudine's mom with Louis, and later with Cecilia. That bit EVERYONE in the ass later.
Andre, Thomas, and Edouard de Montesse
- Princely Young Man: They are each mostly of the Gentleman type, each in their own ways.
- Sibling Triangle: Both Claudine and Andre love Sirene. She chooses Andre. It ends... horribly.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: The three, but specially Andre.
- Intergenerational Friendship: He (in his 40's at least) and Claudine (who starts the story as a pre-teen boy, by the end is in his late teens)
- No Name Given: He's only referred to as the doctor.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Treats Claudine with respect and doesn't try to "fix" him.
- Break the Cutie: She witnesses all the disgraces that befalls Claudine, and can only give him limited support. And for worse, she gets half her face scarred in the fire that killed August and Cecilia.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Unlucky variant in regards to Claudine.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Pre-Character Development.
- Character Development: By the end of the manga, she's accepted that Claudine will never love her and claims to bear no hard feelings towards him, choosing to support him no matter what.
- Mega Twintails: When she was young, she has 'tails bigger than her head.
- The Mourning After: After Claudine's death, she never stopped loving and caring for him, and at the end she's seen visiting his grave in the snow.
- Scars Are Forever: Her scarred face "ruined her for marriage", so she sees herself as unfit for any suitor.
- Two-Faced: She has scars on half of her face in the fire that killed Auguste and Cecilia.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Had she not told Louis about Cecilia's affair with Auguste, things would've not gone worse for everyone involved as it did in the end. Including herself.
- Break the Cutie: Poor Maura! It's hard not to feel sorry for her, specially when she realizes that her first paycheck never arrived home and when her dad dies all of a sudden.
- Country Mouse: Her parents worked as retainers for the Montesse family, and she was even born in the main house (with little!Claudine holding newborn!Maura in his arms). Then they moved back to a nearby village, and Maura came to work to the main home...
- Meido: An adorable girl who works as a maid for the Montesse family.
- Hot Teacher: He worked as Rosemarie's tutor.
- Not Good with Rejection: He is found out by Rosemarie that his lover Auguste was sleeping with Cecilia. Then he went crazy.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Has white hair, and is one of the most vicious characters in the story.
- Yandere: He sets the house on fire that killed Claudine's father and his own sister. Why? because Cecilia had slept with his lover Auguste.
- Birds of a Feather: She and Claudine bonded over their love of books and poetry.
- Hot Librarian: She worked as the librarian of the local all-girls's school.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Do you remember that cute girl who a then-15-year-old Claudine saw through the window of a ballet academy? That's her.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Seems so. When Claudine explains that he's trans, she takes it in stride.
- Sibling Triangle: With Andre and Claudine. She chooses Andre, which led to Claudine to commit suicide.