open/close all folders
Tropes Associated with the Margarita Empire
- Leitmotif: Terrifying Margarita Empire, a Dark Reprise for Coming of the Hair Hunters. It is this for the Big 4, the Czar and his aides as a whole.
Tsuru Tsurulina IV/Lord Smoothie IV/Czar Baldy-Bald IV
- Ambiguously Human: Has Pointy Ears and sharp teeth, The Hollywood Cyborg reveal only makes it more complex.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Subverted when push comes to shove, he's quick to run away when he's cornered.
- Bad Ass Normal: Heavily implied, you gotta respect a guy who's probably as strong as any other human for being able to command over several warriors much stronger than you.
- Justified: despite being part machine, he immediately rides away once his brother takes over.
- Bald of Evil
- Batman Gambit: Hopes that the newly awakened Former Margarita Empire would defeat Bobobo for him, but it does not work at all. He later holds a tournament hoping that the enemies will kill each other off, but it forces him to vacate his throne when his Eviler Than Thou brother takes over.
- Big Bad: till Hydrate forces him out of power.
- Facial Markings: On his forehead, he has a symbol.
- Godzilla Threshold: Several, reactivating the Wiggin Block, relying on Giga, reawakening the previous generation of Hair Hunters and finally holding the Emperor Playoffs; the latter epically backfires on him.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: His own need to protect his throne is what led to the playoffs in which he loses his title to his brother.
- Hollywood Cyborg: Turns out to be one, but has none of the fighting power of the Third.
- Informed Ability: Soften makes Giga's power being equal to the 4th which is rendered mute when Hydrate forces him out of power
- Manipulative Bastard: He relies on coercing others to do his work for him and ultimately planned to have them kill each other in order to get the throne. It backfires when Hydrate takes the authority away from him.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: He reliance on others to his work for him ultimately cost him his right to the throne.
- Orcus on His Throne: It's no exaggeration that all of his elite forces plus the previous generation of Hair Hunters were defeated before he actually decided to take matters into his own hands, the method which decided to do so, backfires on him epically.
- Pointy Ears: Has them along with sharp teeth.
- Puppet King: Bibibi's statement outright state this, which makes since in hindsight.
- The Reveal: Downplayed, he is actually a Hollywood Cyborg, but his immediate retreat from power reveals he's not that strong.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Once Hydrate takes over, he ungracefully deserts his title to escape with his life.
- Smug Snake: His default fallback is that someone to kill his enemies for him, and become angry when they lose. Considering he relied on Dengakuman as his first option didn't help his case.
- The Unfought: Despite being the Big Bad of the series for several arcs, he flees his empire once Hydrate takes over.
- The Dragon
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones
- Fluffy the Terrible: Would you expect a demonic looking dinosaur thing be named Mako-chan?
- The Unfought
- Team Pet
- The Dragon: constantly seen with the emperor and gives the rules about a tournament to decide the next emperor.
Gigasupposedly ruling over the prison state of Cyber City with an iron Fist of Objet D' Art to turn any criminal into a grotesque clay doll to his collection
- Anime Hair: Has purple hair of strands with clips at the end
- As Super Giga, has two long pigtails
- Arc Villain: Of Cyber City
- Break the Haughty: Bobobo delivers a big one to him
- Body Horror: He contorts the target of his art creation with two demonic shadows that squeeze the target till he/she is a clay doll
- Dimension Lord: As Super Giga, he can create dimension to No Sell any attack that isn't art
- The Dragon: To the 4th
- Gratuitous French: His Objet D'Art is very French sounding, considering their association with art, it's done on purpose
- Living Doll Collector: Does this to Fist users
- Mind Reading: Giga creates a formula chart to calculate the enemy's thoughts.
- Mad Artist: His Super Fist, which allows for the creation of pieces of art that he uses to attack.
- One-Winged Angel: Turns into Super Giga, with grotesque armor and long pigtails
- Smug Super: You thought Halekulani was smug, then he's absolutely humble compared to Giga's ego. To a point that he actually pretends that one attack was a Super Fist, only to reveal it wasn't
- Sonic Stunner: Giga Sound, which summons giant speakers to immobilize the enemy.
- The Worf Effect: Loses to Bobobo, Crimson, Hiragi and GURA
Four Heavenly Kings of the Margarita Empire
Gunkan/Captain BattleshipDespite his power, he wanted to overthrow the empire and become its new leader. He kidnaps Beauty to force Bobobo to fight him, Bobobo wins and reveals that he only wanted to be acknowledged. After that he is flat out ignored for the rest of the story.
- Affably Evil: He's the least evil of the Big 4, and he's an oddball like the rest of the main cast.
- A Father to His Men: He's much nicer to his minions than the other three, especially Kitty Poo and Halekulani
- Benevolent Boss: Implied to have a more stable relationship with his minions than the rest of the four.
- Aloof Older Brother: We didn't even known he had a sibling working for the Hair Kingdom until he revealed himself.
- Arc Villain: Arguably the Disc One Final Boss of the first half of the series ending the complete reliance on gags, and beginning its Genre Shift to Shōnen leading into the OVER arc
- Beard Of Evi: For some reason (other than being able to see his mouth more clearly), his beard is white while his pompadour is black.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Despite being almost completely nonsensical as Bobobo, he's just as badass.
- Big Bad: Of the Pomemade Ring Arc.
- Bigger Bad: Of the C-Block and A-Block Arcs.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite being a wacko, he's just as effective a Nose hair user as Bobobo, if only he didn't try to use it for his own gain.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Like Bobobo, and is the last major Big Bad with this intentional trait.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He may be as big of a fool as Bobobo, but he's also one of the four leaders of the Hair Hunt Troop.
- Evil Counterpart: To Bobobo.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Didn't earn the title as a master of the Fist of the Nose Hair because he doesn't have Royal Blood to the Hair Kingdom.
- Multiple-Choice Past: To go with his Bad Liar tendencies, he goes from saying he met Bobobo in a street brawl to being robots before finally admitting his Freudian Excuse
- Obfuscating Stupidity: When confronted with the fact he's one of the Big 4, he pretends to be an octopus so therefore he's not guilty of his crimes
- Prehensile Hair: Like Bobobo, he can use nosehair to attack his enemies. Even his ducktail at one point
- The Resenter: Despite being being much harder working than Bo-bobo, he wasn't chosen to inherit the dojo because he wasn't descended from the Hair Kingdom. Or they were giant HumongousMechas and Bo-bobo got more prestige by having a better pilot. Either way, never forgave Bo-bobo for not giving him any credit.
- Rival Turned Evil: To Bobobo
- The Star Scream: To the Margarita Empire, he even outright states it when he was interrogated.
- Subverted: really wanted Bobobo to acknowledge him as a warrior.
Purupu/KittypooRemind you of anyone? He finds Bobobo while terrorizing a village and proceeds to say how strong he is and how weak Gunkan was. Then, he gets beaten in one move by Don Patch of all people
- Expy: Of Freeza. Both normally travel in flying pods, have one effeminate (although in Purupu's case, it's a woman) and one Gonk (in this case, a box of cigarettes/chocolates) henchmen accompanying them, are sadistic and are beaten easily by a character who later gains a Super Mode.
- Hellish Pupils: Comes out when he's ready to kill
- Informed Ability: He and his henchman were supposedly stronger than Gunkan but all three were curb stomped by Don Patch of all people, which is further supported by Hatenko and Gasser's indications.
- Minor Major Character: He's one of theBigBad's top Quirky Mini Boss Squad, but is defeated even easier than most of the named Mooks that had been faced so far.
- Small Name, Big Ego: If his swift defeat by Don Patch is an indication, then his claim of being Gunkan's superior is extremely exaggerated.
- Smug Snake: He talks a good game, but seriously lacks the power, his other teammates had. Doubles as Small Name, Big Ego.
Torpedo Girl: Hiromi Nishikawa (JP), Melodee Spevack (EN), Mabel López (Spain)The third member of the Big 4, he commands an army of NINJA and being the most extremely dedicated to cutting hair. He punishes Battleship and Kittypoo for their failures by cutting off their hair. Then challenges Bobobo to fight him, with the latter eventually getting the better of him. That is until he transforms into a torpedo....girl?!! He/She proceeds to beat the crap of him until he defeats him/her with an ultimate technique. He attempts a hostage situation with Suzu, only to be curb stomped by Bobobo again. He returns as Torpedo Girl to help the main cast, until she becomes Over again against the Third, only a short time later to remain as Torpedo Girl until the end of the series.
- Arc Villain
- Arch-Enemy: Jelly Jiggler is this.
- Ax-Crazy: The craziest, but not as crazy as BattleShip.
- Big Scissors: His main weapon, he uses it as a sword or just cutting people's hair
- Blood Knight: He wants to fight Bobobo because he is strong and takes a liking to him after he's beaten by him.
- Berserk Button: His six orbs act as this whenever he gets annoyed, especially with Jelly Jiggler.
- The Brute: Among all of the Big 4, he is the first to resort to fighting rather than wait patiently like his cohorts to explain himself.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: When he gets annoyed, he gets extremely angry, when all orbs light up he...
- One-Winged Angel: transforms into a female torpedo with lipstick, long fair legs with red heel toed shoes, eyelashes and a ridiculously feminine personality, even the main characters are just disappointed by this.
- Knight of Cerebus: He's played up as a legitimately serious villain with few quirks compared to the previous two Kings who were both quite goofy. Even his weapon, a giant pair of scissors, is comparatively tame in comparison to most fighting styles and also incredibly dangerous given the series' focus on hair. Then he transforms into torpedo girl.
- Only Sane Man: He's quite annoyed by Bobobo's actions, but he never has any of the outrageous outbursts that the rest of the straight men do. Despite becoming incredibly goofy himself when transformed into Torpedo Girl, her power actually comes from calling out others on their stupidity.
- Shear Menace
- Sixth Ranger: As Torpedo Girl, complete with a Heel–Face Turn.
- Token Evil Teammate: When he returns to being Over, he only helps Bobobo with the intention of killing him sooner or later after they kill the big villain at the time.
- Something Person: As Torpedo Girl.
- White Hair, Black Heart
- You Have Failed Me: Punishes Kitty Poo and Battleship for losing to Bobobo.
Halekulanibeaten a little more easily than Over. He eventually helps Bobobo against the Shadow Empire, never to appear again afterwards until the end of the series.
- Anime Hair: Spiky Shonen Hair of green
- Anti-Hero: After his Heel–Face Turn, he decides to fight the Reverse Empire with the Rebels, but is mostly motivated by anger at nearly being used. During the fight against Crimson, after suffering repeated attacks from both sides, he regains his Blank White Eyes and starts throwing money at everyone, though this does aide in defeating Crimson by allowing the creation of Kintenbo.
- Arc Villain
- Armor Is Useless: During the course of their fight, his armor has done nothing to protect him from Bobobo's attacks
- Zigzagged in the fight against Crimson. After regaining his Blank White Eyes, he transforms his armor into a large amount of money that attacks everyone with. While it is useless as armor, it makes a powerful weapon.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Green ones.
- Blank White Eyes: During his Villainous Breakdown, and it's creepy
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Ultimately, what his nearly one-sided fight with Bobobo amounted to. Not helped by the fact he gets hit twice immediately into the fight.
- Expy: Of Broly, even the fact he turns white eyed when driven mad
- Freudian Excuse: Implied to have one, but Bobobo immediately hits him before he get even started
- Greed: His motivation for anything
- Kick the Dog: He blows up attractions whenever they don't make a profit, even with people inside!
- Madness Mantra: Money during his Villainous Breakdown
- Noodle Incident: Whatever made him left the Empire in the first place
- Pet the Dog: He saved Beauty from an enemy when he's on his way to the Empire Playoffs, only to tell her to let Bobobo know he's coming.
- Heel–Face Turn: What saving Beauty leads to.
- Put on a Bus: After the defeat of the Reverse Empire, he returns to Hallelujah land, serving virtually no role in the remainder of the original series or Shinsetsu. He does receive a cameo at Jelly Jiggler's Margarita reunion party at the end though.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: His Fist of Gorgeousness revolves around this, and the fact that he's rich also. In fact, all he cares about is money, in fact he begins a Madness Mantra about money.
- Super Mode: By gathering all of his wealth's power into his being, he can become much stronger than before...it didn't really help against Bobobo at all
- Talk to the Fist: He's interrupted during his explanation of his Super Fist
- Tragic Villain: It's implied that he has a sad backstory, and he would have told it...if Bobobo had not attacked him before he could get more than one sentence out.
- Bonus manga material reveals he used to live as a street rat, having to steal to survive. His past led to his developing his obsession with money and his Fist of Gorgousness.
- Villainous Breakdown: He starts out acting calm and composed, but when Bobobo hits him too many times... he LOSES IT, starting a Madness Mantra about money.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: Green is the color of dollars.
- You Have Failed Me: Has a Mook turn into a coin for this.
Tropes Associated With The Hair Hunt
Voiced by: Masaya Onosaka (JP)
- Minor Major Character: He's the head commander of the commanders, supposedly stronger than Jiggler, but never appears after the first chapter/episode.
- Momma's Boy: He still lives with his mother, much to his lower officers' surprise
- The Un Fought: Bobobo never fights or meets him, going instead straight for the Big 4 after Jelly Jiggler's defeat
KatsuVoiced By: Richard Cansino (EN), Luis Vicente Ivars (Spain)
- Almighty Janitor: Despite only being the Vice-Leader of A Block, he is incredibly powerful. During the Emperor Playoffs, he was worthy of holding a gold medal. To put it in perspective, Giga, who was said to be as strong as Tsuru Tsurulina IV and served as the Wake-Up Call Boss, only had a Silver Medal. Doesn't stop him from suffering a Curb-Stomp Battle against Jelly Jiggler though.
- Bald of Awesome: Practically, the only bald one that is badass other than the 4th.
- Bald of Evil: He is a hair hunter after all, one with an obsession with trophies.
- Curb-Stomp Battle : Surprisingly from Jiggler, who was merely a joke at this point.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Katsu has a large admiration for accessories, leading to him removing Gasser's collar. With the collar removed, Gasser enters his baby mentality, multiplying his power ten fold. The increased amount of gas proves too much for the Playback-Vac, leading to his defeat.
- No Sell: His power, Playback-Vac, serves as this to any Fist User. It absorbs any Fist Technique by having smiley faces appear all over his body. Whatever they eat is called "Delicious". Even Gasser's farts! It does have a limit though....
- The Dragon: To Jiggler before he became apart of the main cast.
- The Star Scream: Has no problem trying to kill his boss in the Playoffs.