Captain Gorō Hoshino/Oh Red | Actor: Masaru Shishido
- Cool Sword: Star Riser
- I Know Karate: His fighting style.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: He managed to link with the Out of Control Red Puncher Robot, and is a Captain while his subordinates are all First Lieutenants.
- The Leader: Of the team in rank and personality.
- Meaningful Name: In Japanese, Go means Five and Hoshi means Star.
- Rookie Red Ranger: Inverted; he had his powers before the series even began.
- Signature Move: Hiken Choriki Risernote
- Standardized Leader: Takes his role as commander against Baranoia seriously.
Lieutenant Shouhei Yokkaichi/Oh Green | Actor: Kunio Masaoka
- An Axe to Grind: Square Crushers
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Trained in Boxing.
- The Big Guy: Thanks to his background in boxing and heavy-to-wield Swuare Crushers.
- The Lancer: Is second in command of the team and can at times be more impulsive.
- Meaningful Name: Yokkaichi means rectangle.
- Signature Move: Denko Choriki Crushernote
- Team Dad: The oldest and most rational of the team.
Lieutenant Yuji Mita/Oh Blue | Actor: Masashi Gōda
- Bladed Dual Tonfas: Delta Tonfas
- Friend to All Children: The team in general shares this trait, but he in particular stands out for his more kiddish qualities.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Is the most prone to bumbling and gets along with kids.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Went into one after the death of Bara Revenger.
- Signature Move: Inazuma Choriki Tonfanote
Lieutenant Juri Nijou/Oh Yellow | Actress: Ayumi Asō
- Fake Defector: Pulled this on the team to get an antidote for a monster's poison, but her plan backfires.
- Fighting with Chucks: Twin Baton
- Kick Chick: Uses lots of kicks in her fighting style.
- Meaningful Name: Contains the Japanese word for "two" in her surname.
- Signature Move: Sakuretsu Choriki Batonnote
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Momo's Girly Girl.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She likes cute things and gets into traps because of it.
Lieutenant Momo Maruo/Oh Pink | Actress: Tamao Satō
- Alliterative Name: Momo Maruo
- Born in the Wrong Century: Or at least decade, she's very nostalgic for older cities and styles of clothing.
- Force and Finesse: Uses Tai Chi as her fighting style as opposed to the more offensive fighting style of Juri.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Circle Defender
- Meaningful Name: Momo Maruo means Pink Circle in Japanese.
- Shield Bash: Circle Defenser
- Signature Move: Shippu Choriki Denfensernote
- The Smart Girl
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Juri's Tomboy.
Riki/King Ranger | Actor: Shōji Yamaguchinote
- Bling-Bling-BANG!: King Pyramider
- Bling of War: His armor and entire arsenal.
- Carry a Big Stick: King Stick
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Now that he's awakened in the present.
- Older Than They Look: Despite his young age, he is six-million years old (albeit most of them in suspended animation) and quite mature.
- Really Six Million Years Old
- Signature Move: King Victory Flash
- Sixth Ranger: First appears in Episode 26.
- Tagalong Kid: Averted in spite of his age.
Chief Naoyuki Miura | Actor: Hiroshi Miyauchi
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He's the leader of the United Air Force and can kick major ass if he needs to.
- Da Chief/Mentor Archetype: Is the direct supervisor of the team.
- Rated M for Manly: The fact that he's portrayed by Hiroshi Miyauchi helps a lot.
Dorin | Actress: Lisa Wada
- Disney Death: Was killed at the hands of Multiwa. She gets better in the finale.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Also like Riki, she's a girl from the past living in the present day.
- Friend to All Living Things: Wild animals will rally themselves in her defense of their own accord
- Living MacGuffin: Contains the source of the Choriki powers.
- Older Than They Look: Like Riki, chronologically she's older than her biological age by millions of years.
- Really Six Million Years Old
- Tagalong Kid: Averted alongside with Riki.
- Morality Pet: To Riki.
Paku | Voice Actor: Etsuko Kozakura
- Cool Pet: Is a bipedal lizard.
- Flat Character/Satellite Character: He only serves as Dorin's pet and nothing more.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Inverted, he's a friendly lizard.
Gunmajin | Voice Actor: Akira Kamiya
- Benevolent Genie
- Cool Sword: Majin Saber
- Elemental Powers:
- Seventh Ranger: He's classified as a "Bangai Hero".
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He's terrified of the Youkai in the Ole Vs. Kakuranger movie.
Emperor Bacchus Wrath | Voice Actor: Toru Ohira
- Big Bad: For the first half.
- Disc-One Final Boss: He may have been defeated by the Ohrangers, but all there is left at this point is Buldont.
- The Emperor: Of Baranoia.
- Losing Your Head: After being defeated by Ohranger, his head was all that remained and was hurled deep into space and ended up on a distant planet.
- Meaningful Name: A combination of Bacchus (Roman god of wine) and Dachshund (a breed of dogs).
Empress Hysteria | Voice Actress: Minori Matsushima
- Alas, Poor Villain: It's not hard to feel sympathy for her after she commits suicide just after becoming a grandmother.
- Character Development: From heartless person to a kind-hearted grandmother by the end before she died.
- Driven to Suicide: Subverted. She chose to die as a "thank you" that the Ohrangers spared her grandson.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Her character arc in a nutshell.
- The High Queen: For Baranoia.
- Meaningful Name: Combination of "hysteria" and "terrier".
Prince Buldont | Voice Actor: Tomokazu Seki
- Came Back Strong: After his body is destroyed in a duel with Bomber the Great, leaving only his dismembered head, he is revived into a more powerful form as Kaiser Buldont after Bacchus Wrath transferred his energy to him.
- Dragon Ascendant: After the passing of his father.
- Evil Prince: Has no problem with torturing humans.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Despite being evil, he's pretty cute as Prince Buldont... then his father died.
- Kissing Cousins: Subverted with Maltihua.
- Knight of Cerebus: The series got a lot darker after his upgrade.
- Meaningful Name: Combination of "bulldog" and "Pluton".
- Overlord Jr.: Spends just as much time bossing others around as his parents.
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: Upgrades himself upon his father being defeated by the Ohrangers.
- Took a Level in Badass When the upgrade is complete.
- True Final Boss: Along with Maltihua, he's the last threat that the Ohrangers encounter.
- Walking Spoiler: His particular Character Development caused a lot of changes for the show's tone.
- Warrior Prince: After his upgrade is complete
Princess Multiwa | Voice Actress: Miho Yamada
- Badass Princess: Fights alongside the rest of Baranoia.
- Kissing Cousins: Subverted with Buldont.
- Meaningful Name: Combination of "maltese" and "chihuahua".
- Robot Girl: Is this crossed with a Love Goddess and Cupid's Arrow visual motif.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Is surrounded by countless machines and guns, yet uses a bow that converts to a sword in combat.
- True Final Boss: Alongside Kaiser Buldont.
Bomber the Great | Voice Actor: Nobuyuki Hiyama
- Defeat Equals Explosion: A rare aversion, since his body still had one more function to perform.
- Shaped Like Itself: He's a bomb and considers himself great.
- The Starscream: Plans to take control of Baranoia for himself.
Butlers Acha and Kocha | Voice Actors: Kaneta Kimotsuki (Acha) and Shinobu Adachi (Kocha)
- Battle Butler: Will occasionally fight in battles.
- Heel–Face Turn: Do it for the sake of Buldont Jr.
- Make My Monster Grow: Acha throws Kocha onto a monster to help the latter grow to massive proportions.
- That Bad Guy And Girl: They're always together.
Prince Buldont Jr.
- Children Are Innocent: The motivation for keeping him alive; he has the potential to be god despite being born from evil parents.
- Dead Guy Junior: Subverted. He was named before his parents' demise.
- Happily Adopted: Ends up on being raised by Gunmajin, Acha and Kocha.