open/close all folders
Tom MajorsThe main protagonist. He is subsequently shocked and overwhelmed by his first transport to Chaotic. Tom is a bold risk taker and will help anyone who asks, he goes far to help the Creatures of Perim. Tom is honest, truthful and trustworthy and cares deeply for his friends.
- Audience Surrogate: Sometimes things had to explained to him, as well as the audience.
- Badass Normal:
- Despite being an average teenaged human, Tom is able to use bravery and his wits to help creatures. As for specific examples:
- His ability to use a scanner has helped him reach creatures to warn them of danger, such as "Eye of the Maelstrom".
- His tenacity allowed him to trick both Chaor and Von Bloot into taking the wrong cull stone from him, giving him the time needed to get the real one (containing all of Maxxor's captured strength) to Maxxor.
- Butt Monkey: Especially in season 1.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: See Friend to All Living Things below.
- Friend to All Living Things: He'll help any creature or player in need despite the risks to himself.
- Guile Hero: Not at first, but he's learned to outsmart creatures and fellow Chaotic players using cunning and trickery when brute force simply wont cut it.
- I Gave My Word
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Nice Guy: Tom's heroic, friendly, and cheerful.
- True Companions: With Kaz, Sarah and Peyton.
- What Might Have Been: Early sketches depicted Tom being younger and wearing goggles.
Kaz KalinkasMainly an Underworld player, he tends to be more cautious and less adventurous, unless rare scans are involved. Kaz's favorite creature and trademark card is Chaor.
- Anime Hair
- Ascended Fanboy: Loves to talk about how cool going to Chaotic is, perhaps too much.
- Bash Brothers: With Tom.
- Butt Monkey
- Deadpan Snarker: When he's not running and screaming in terror from a creature.
- The Lancer / The Smart Guy
- Nerd Glasses
- Morality Pet: Could be considered this to Chaor.
Sarah LaurenceMainly a Danian player, Sarah ALWAYS speaks her mind. A fearless and shrewd Chaotic player. Tom, Kaz and Peyton usually have to drag her out of danger.
- Action Girl
- Cool Big Sis: To Tom, sort of.
- The Chick
- Dumb Blonde: Averted, as she's actually quite smart.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Little Miss Snarker: Though not very little.
- Sarcastic Devotee: Even when she's trying to be supportive, she throws insults.
- The Smart Guy: To an extent.
- The Smurfette Principle: Only girl among the four.
- Could be considered Fridge Brilliance when you consider the fact she's a Danian Player and the Danians are lead by the only female in the entire hive.
Peyton TouheyMainly a Mipedian Player,- he's a charismatic and eccentric Chaotic player. His unorthodox style of battle and the way he expresses himself tend to be comedic in nature. He often tests unusual theories and strategies in battle, which, shockingly, work more often than not. While most Players think that one tribe is best, Peyton knows how to "look past the personalities and find the powers", though he perfers to use his Mipedian's.
- The Big Guy
- Big Eater: Often gorges himself on burgers, pizza, hotdogs, just about everything.
- Ditzy Genius: He's a master at the game, but ditzy about everything else.
- Dork Knight
- Idiot Hero: Technically he's not dumb, just kinda weird.
- Large Ham: Quite possibly the hammiest character in the show.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: At least, we think he is.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: When he's in Drome battles he's one of the best players in the series, he's almost never had an on screen loss. Ironically one of the few times he does lose is when he versus Lu2 in "An East Win" although he did lose most of his creatures on purpose, Lu2 did win the last match legitimately.
KlayKlay functions as one of the main antagonists of the series. He met Krystella shortly after the series began, and they've almost always been seen together since. The duo's favorite activity, besides battling in Chaotic, is sabotaging other players. Klay is snobbish, and rude. Klay is seen to prefer using Lord Van Bloot.
- Consummate Liar
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
- Informed Ability: He's said to be a great Chaotic player, but we never actually see him win any matches.
- It's All About Me: Klay seems to live under the assumption that all of Chaotic revolves around him.
- Large Ham: His laugh is very over the top, and sounds ridiculous.
- Smug Smiler: Both he and Krystella are good at this, but he's the champ.
KrystellaKrystella is a crafty prankster who functions as one of the main antagonists. Krystella is conceited and patronizing. Krystella is seen to have prefer Underworlders.
- An Ice Person: Her attitude, surprise surprise.
- Creepy Twins: Played somewhat straight with Krystella; she has a twin sister, but only Krystella herself is creepy.
- Hartman Hips: A trait she shares with her sister.
- Little Miss Snarker
- Polar Opposite Twins: Krystella and Jysella.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
MaxxorThe ruler of the Overworld tribe, known in the card game as an Overworld Hero. He is known for his courage. He is the archenemy of Chaor. He is friends with Tom due to Tom's love of Overworlders and the particular way in which the human idolizes him, going so far as to trust him with some missions.
- Big Damn Heroes:
- Often referred too as the "hero of the Overworld", Maxxor would often appear at just the right moment to save someone. Specific examples include:
- Saving Tom from Chaor in "Maze of Menace" after his strength is restored due to breaking the Callstone.
- Rescuing Chaor from Aa’une in "Legions of Aa'une", with help from Iparu.
- Big Good: How many in the Overworld view him.
- Character Development: Maxxor was very short-temperd when he first met Tom, but he grows to trust him, and by extension all chaotic players over time.
- Inter Generational Friendship: With Tom after he Took a Level in Kindness.
- Not So Above It All: When he noticed the other tribe representatives getting worked up during the Perithon, he shrugged, and joined in the cheering.
- Papa Wolf: Don't mess with "anyone" he cares about, or you may not live to regret it.
- Sadistic Choice: During the series finale Maxxor was forced into choosing to destroy Tangath's sword, or allow the invincible Vitog to run wild in Perim and destroy everything in his path. In the end Maxxor caves in and destroys the sword. Tangath is able to defeat Vitog, but must return to the Spirit Lands.
- Straight Man: Especially while paired with Tom.
- Took a Level in Kindness
NajarinA wise Muge, He is hinted to be more than 1000 years old. He is one of the wisest creatures in the Overworld tribe, he is a kind of creature and doesn't like chaotic players to scan him unless they'd earned his trust.
- Badass Grandpa
- Badass Beard: Wonder how long it's been since he shaved.
- Cynical Mentor: To Tom, though he's just a little snarkish really.
- The Mentor
- Psychic Powers: Magic based.
- Older Than They Look: Looks about in his 80s right? Try 1000's.
- These Are Things Man Was Not Meant to Know: The multitude of secrets he knows is the reason he averts all attempts Chaotic players make to scan him, as he tells Tom.
Tangath TobornTangath Toborn is both a cunning Strategist and a mighty Warrior from a place called the Spirit Lands who joined the Overworlders.
- BFS: His personal blade, which isn't very big, but still really cool.
- Blood Brothers: With Maxxor.
- But Now I Must Go
- Death Is Cheap: Sorta, it's complicated.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Not nearly as hot-headed as Maxxor and Intress.
- Swords Are Just Better
IntressIntress is Maxxor's most trusted adviser, his second-in-command.
- Action Girl
- Determinator: Forced herself to get up after Van-Bloot attacked Maxxor, despite still being half-under the effects of a Sleep Sting (which is the Perim equivalent of being drugged.)
- Cool Big Sis: To Zalic and Aivenna.
- Fiery Redhead: She's got a real short fuse, when it comes to protecting those she cares about.
- Red-Headed Hero
ChaorThe ruler of the Underworld tribe. Chaor is determined to conquer all of Perim, but none moreso than the Overworld. He dreams of conquering Kiru City and defeating his enemy Maxxor, but he only wishes to do so to protect the Underworld. He has an unusual friendship with Kaz. He'll often tell Kaz that friends are a weakness, though he'll still protect the human from danger.
- Anti-Hero: Sort of a cross between Type II and Type III.
- Authority Equals Ass Kicking: The reason he rules the Underworld, and not Von Bloot.
- Beast Man: Chaor walks upright like a man and has the same basic shape as a man but he looks like a combination of other traits, for instance lizard like traits not that dissimilar to a Mipedian.
- Changed My Mind, Kid
- Heroic Willpower: Chaor seems to have a unique ability to resist and suppress any M'arillian Mind Control used on him.
- Horned Humanoid
- Hot-Blooded: Half his dialogue consists of him yelling at someone about something that's pissing him off.
- Inter Generational Friendship: With Kaz.
- Jabba Table Manners: Seen in "Lord of Treachary". Chaor and Von Bloot sit at a table, while Von Bloot acts during "negotiations" Wicked Cultured, Chaor stuffs himself, ...very charming.
- Odd Friendship: Again with Kaz.
TakinomTakinom is one of the Underworld’s best female fighters. She is second only to Chaor in her fierce, fanatic dedication to the protection of the Underworld.
- Action Girl
- The Dragon: Along with Agitos, Chaor's most faithful and competent subordinate.
- Undying Loyalty: To Chaor.
- Winged Humanoid
H'earringA gremlin-like Underworlder who assists Kaz on scan-quests. His most notable features are his big ears and his taste for gross and disgusting food, like Dractyl's old dead scales.
- Badass Adorable: In a gremlin-goblin sorta way; tiny but fierce.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Due to the size and shape of his feet, shoes just wouldn't work for him.
- Big Eater
- Deadpan Snarker
- Does Not Like Shoes: Justified. See Barefoot Cartoon Animal above.
- Extreme Omnivore: The dude eats Dractyl's "scales".
- Little Green Gremlin
Lord Von BlootVon Bloot Chaor's second-in-command, an Underworlder with plans to overthrow Chaor and become ruler. He makes his home in Gothos Tower.
- Big Bad Wannabe: He only every ruled the Underworld while under the Mind Control of the M'arrillians.
- Dirty Coward
- The Starscream: It goes without saying.
Prince MudeenuMudeenu is a Mipedian Royal and Captain of the Guard. His cousin is Crown Prince Iflar.
- Large and In Charge: Very big compared to most slim Mipedians.
- Royal Blood
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: He's a great warrior on the battlefield.
TiaaneA Mipedian Muge who has studied Mugic with Najarin and is respected throughout the Overworld.
- Badass Cape: Tiaane makes it look gooood.
- Badass Pacifist: Drops the pacifist part when he sees somebody in trouble.
- Big Damn Hero
WammaA lazy Danian Mandiblor that assists Sarah in navigating the inner workings of Mount Pillar.
- Cowardly Lion
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Says he's just a lazy coward, but watch him in action.
- The Drag-Along: Wamma hates work and getting into dangerous situations. Though he's still a valuable ally that has too much of a conscience to just stand idly by while Sarah and her friends are in a jam.