Characters / Cerberus Daily News Deceased
- Artificial Limbs: This, alongside Electronic Eyes and all the other wonderful cyborg tropes, are a point of interest for him.
- Large Ham: Not only does he prone to ranting as loudly as possible, he follows so many villain tropes he might as well get a union card for Bond Villains R Us.
- Mad Scientist
- Magnificent Bastard: He proves himself worthy of the title, after laying low for several months to draw Aphin into a sense of security, hire him for a job, and then ambush him when he least expected it.
- Sadistic Choice: As Aphin raised a gun to him, Algar made him choose: his revenge for the lives of his old crew...or the lives of his new one?
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Algar's plan.
Kema'Holkin nar Herring
Cowardly, suttering quarian with a turian fetish. He spends most of his pilgrimage (and days) working in a hospital, despite his crippling fear of germs.
- The Chick
- Covert Pervert: Secretly owns many magazines, calendars, and pin ups of turians.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Tortured for two-three days, and his body was ripped apart and fed to Vorcha and Varren.
- Fish out of Water: First visited Omega (and spent a total of two days there before getting the hell out of there), now lives in Tayseri, which is almost as bad.
- Justified Trope: Has a very low immune system, even by quarian standards. It's a good reason why he's so afraid of germs.
- Kill the Cutie
- The Medic: Very experienced with medicine and occasional surgery.
- Neutral Good: Really only follows the law because he's terrified of it., and can not stand when someone does anything illegal in his apartment.
- Non-Action Guy
- Noseless Face: A Vorcha bit it off.
- Odd Friendship: A violent, boisterous krogan with No Indoor Voice is best friends with a meek, overly worrisome quarian. Think about that for a second. Could also be considered a case of Sensitive Guy and Manly Man.
- The Pollyanna: A surprisingly bittersweet version of this. Takes any shit he has to go through with a smile, but will often remark on it in a grimly cynical sort of way.
- Porky Pig Pronunciation: When he stutters to much on a word, he chooses a different one.
- Precision F-Strike: The worst swear you'll usually hear from him is "damn", and the occasional "bosh'tet". But when exceptionally angry, serious, or otherwise grumpy, expect a few naughty, naughty words.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Rare, and mostly happens when someone begins insulting a person that he cares about. Also has caused him to scold a krogan at least three times. Funny enough, it works.
- Speech Impediment: Stutters. A lot.
- Terrified of Germs: Defines his way of ife, what he does, and how he does it.
- Transparent Closet: Occasionally tries to hide his sexuality, even though blind people could see that his helmet's on backwards.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Wears a hood. A particular hood that normally only female quarians should wear.
- The Woobie
- Workaholic: Is in love with his job, and spends at least twelve hours working daily. Rarely takes vacations.
A monotone, robotlike batarian whose 'past' is a mystery to literally all around him. Making a good living out of the Omega's problems by creating an entire business focusing on mercs and them doing the dirty work for anyone who contacts him. Owns a Vorcha named Tenpenny.
A volus horror writer of great renown. Also, one of the loudest and bombastic of all the CDN posters.
Caldus Discori (Discord )
A maniacal, egotistical and completely amoral turian pirate lord and slaver. Managed to enrage almost the entire CDN forum by posting a list of slaves for sale. Many of those so enraged were mercenaries, and banded together to kill him.
- As Long as There is Evil:
Discord "Y-You think thissss'll change... anything? Y-ouuu thin' other people won' replace m-muh-muh-me? N-nothing... ever... changes... in the Terminussss."
Kyr "Coldly: And when somebody replaces you, we'll step up and eliminate them. With pride: This group of mercenaries just showed you that even in the Terminus, there will be individuals ready to protect the weak and uphold justice."
- Cluster F-Bomb: Dies right after dropping multiple F bombs.
- Deadpan Snarker:
Discord "Such a comedy genius. At least you apes have mastered one thing, besides dying like animals."
- Evil Brit: Despite being a turian, he speaks with distinctly upper-class English diction.
- ExtranetCounterattack: This culminates in his death.
- Fantastic Racism: Refers to humans as 'apes'
- Jerkass: Arrogant, racist, cruel and malicious.
- Kick the Dog: His schtick
- Large Ham: Introduced himself as The Caldus Discori. It got worse.
- Wicked Cultured
Everyone's favorite dumbass.
- Butt-Monkey: Although it's arguable he deserves it.
- Chaotic Stupid
- Karmic Death: After announcing his return to the boards (quickly met by a choir of disgust), he announced he was going to Omega. Upon arrival, he lasted less than five minutes.
- Never Live It Down: Winter's "feelings" towards his sister Aragem have caused him to gain his reputation for many posters.
- Too Stupid To Die: Until he went to Omega.
- Wild Card
Macul Atum (Hemlock)
An angry volus chemist, hired by Turnonav to reverse-engineer LIGHT in order to manufacture and sell it on Omega
. NOT a people person. KIA in the finale of WHO GOES THERE?
Elara T'Meyra (Biotic-Smurf)
Elara T'Meyra is an asari merc/secruity consultant. Centuries before she was an Eclipse sister, and before that a commando along with her sister and mother who lead the unit they were in. After they had a bit of a falling out she and Aayla joined the Eclipse sisterhood to distance themselves from their mother's influence. Her time in Eclipse was not pleasant, and she left sometime after. Upon meeting Daia T'Nara she began to mellow out a bit and nowadays is a good friend of hers. Killed in action in "Who Goes There 2" at the hands of Maladact Tarn's men.
Clint van Wallach (Gunslinger)
A human Bounty Hunter
stationed on Omega, this man had a penchant for a soft voice and a damn
quick draw. KIA in the Noveria chapter of Who Goes There, Part II.
A krogan Battlemaster, skilled in biotics. He owns many bars and has been present at quite a few major events in galactic history. For example, he was on Omega when Aria took over, Rannoch during the Geth uprisings, Elysium during the Blitz, Eden Prime during the attack, and the Citadel when Saren attacked it. He was a member of the Crimson Chains before he struck out on his own. KIA as of WHO GOES THERE 2
The leader of an extensive biotic cult that disguises itself as a charity organization, Koren is a charasmatic man with a mysterious agenda. Whatever it is though, the rest of the galaxy may very well burn for it.Evil Cannot Comprehend Good
: He didn't anticipate that breaking the clavicle of Kate Parker's mentor would be enough of a stimuli for her to break loose of the control implant he attached to her skull.
- Hero Killer: His violent slaying of Sortakani Orren might be considered a sign of this, and he almost manages to overpower the team sent to defeat him, which included an elcor and an asari Matriarch. Thankfully, Evil Cannot Comprehend Good.
- Invasion of the Baby Snatchers: Likely set the record for most CDN members abducted in a single setting.
- Kick the Dog: Every time he's around, people get kicked, one way or another.
- Kick Them While They Are Down: He's that much of a jerk to people he's captured
- Smug Snake: His supreme confidence was unwavering, until the final battle...
- This Cannot Be!: Sums up his final thoughts as he was defeated once and for all.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Played with. While he often appears to rather evil from the get go with most he meets, including people who work for him that haven't been indoctrinated, his charity has given him a glowing reputation amongst the rest of the galaxy. Which was why he created the charity in the first place.
Aniko "Anna" Tarkov (Anatar)
A Hungarian runaway, Anna had been wandering the Terminus after an incident that left her with a criminal record and a bounty on her head from the Blue Suns when Thel'Adean approached her with a job offering. She accepted, and now works with AEGIS. Killed by Thanatos during the Fall of Omega
- Action Girl: She cut her teeth fighting Geth during the Eden Prime attack, an accomplishment that earned her Gorik's respect upon hearing about it.
- Battle Couple: She and Thel recently hooked up, and have been inseparable since she joined up with AEGIS.
- Deadpan Snarker: Played with; she and Thel exchange playful banter every so often, yet she breaks out the venom with people she dislikes.
- Relationship Upgrade: One thing led to another with her and Thel...
- The Runaway: She's run from Earth and C-Space, leaving the Terminus systems as a last resort for her.
A female batarian mercenary and member of AEGIS. She escaped the Hegemony after being labelled a political dissident and came to Omega, where she decided to try and 'make a difference'. Killed by Cerberus during the Fall of Omega
- Action Girl
- Berserk Button: Don't mention the Hegemony's secret police around her.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's cute and sweet and also a master of explosives and demolitions
- Break the Cutie: What the Hegemony did to her during her time in the internment camp.
- Cute Bruiser: Kevla is short and pretty, but also excels in hand-to-hand combat.
- Genki Girl: Kevla has a tenancy for glomping people she likes and is a near-constant ball of sunshine.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Died while blowing up a Cerberus ATLAS mech in order for the other AEGIS members and refugees to flee during the Fall of Omega
- Plucky Girl: Won't let her past or the darkness of Omega get her down.
- Stepford Smiler: Type A. Deep down Kevla is very, very unhappy.
Turian Janitor on Omega, and dedicated porn collector. A rather amusing presence on the board. Killed by Adjuntants during the Fall of Omega
- Call It Karma: He is often retaliated against. Been hacked, defenestrated, and shot at multiple times. Of course, even then, he considers it...
- The Extranet is for Porn: And is very proud of his collection.
- The Gadfly: Claims to be a troll, but he's really closer to this.
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky: Some of the pieces in his collection are this.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Was mortally wounded by Adjuntants while protecting a young human boy
- I Regret and Apologize for Nothing!: He's always heard saying this, even right up until the very end.
- Sick and Wrong: But most of them are like this. People often say this about him after he shows them something from his collection and doesn't bother to explain himself. Actually, they often say that even after he does.
- Why Did it Have to be Fluffy?: has a phobia of earth's hairy animals (humans excluded). So when threads showcasing such animals pop up, he always reacts with horror. Interestingly, only one person ever tried counter-trolling him with that and it worked (though it was all in good humor).
- Worth It: even when said assailant comes to his hospital room to apologize.
Anthony "Anton" Dietrich (Dietrich)
A paranoid, argumentative information broker
with a sizeable network composed of duct rats
, political aides and several other disaffected members of society. He has a pronounced hatred of politicians and businessmen, as well as a not-so-pronounced dislike of other species and biotics, and will stop at nothing to achieve that which he seeks. Killed during the Reaper invasion of Earth
- All Germans Are Nazis: Defied slightly – he looks like a stereotypical Nazi, certainly, but is of Iranian origin.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: What else would you expect from an information broker?
- Defiant to the End: Even after being shot, maimed, blinded by his own biotics and possessed by an eldritch fungal being, he still demands a Reaper's attention.
- Electronic Eyes: They glow red in the dark.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Take a look at his avatar and guess.
- Kansas City Shuffle: His MO depends on keeping everyone off-balance and influencing the movement of information.
- Manipulative Bastard: Plays everyone against each other.
- Morality Pet: His bodyguard, Dan Morrison.
- No Sense of Humor: Has yet to crack a smile to date.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Refers to aliens by their species, unless it’s for business. And swears. A LOT.
- Properly Paranoid: He never sticks in one place, and is almost fetishistic in his need for top-level encryption. Given that each and every one of his contingency plans failed on the day of the Arrival, perhaps he had a point.
- Sinister Surveillance: Are you talking on the Boards? Then you’re being watched.
- Villainous Valor: Despite being crippled by eezo-based brain tumors throughout his body, he managed to fight the entire way to his escape shuttles using little more than an omnitool, his pistol, and his similarly-armed IT Security Chief. Too bad things went pear-shaped in the end.
Camille Winston Colter (All_Systems_Green)
A corporate agent from Terra Nova. Has worked for several corporations, including the asari Ibanni Inc., Triton & West Dynamics, and CDN's own Trask Interstellar. Killed when the Reapers hit Terra Nova.
A narcissistic, obnoxious, womanizing fighter ace with a lot of skills and not a whole lot of modesty. Dies burning up in the atmosphere when fighting Reapers.
Desta T'Res (Night Wind)
An asari assassin and mercenary who only goes after evil targets. She stays in business by living in the Terminus systems, and being less caring who her clients are. Died in mysterious circumstances
- Alien Arts Are Appreciated: Desta is a fan of both human and krogan cinema.
- Anti-Hero: Somewhere between Type III and IV.
- Asexuality: Unusually for an asari, Desta has never shown any sexual interest in anyone, due to lingering issues from being raped a long time ago.
- Bag of Spilling: Justified when her ship was stolen during the Siege of Omega, depriving her of all her physical possessions save what she had on her person at the time. Fortunately, she still has a sizable bank account.
- Bus Crash: There is no information on where or how she died.
- Chaotic Good: Desta considers the law an obstacle, and only targets slavers and murderers.
- Combat Pragmatist: Desta is very creative in battle, and will never get into a fair fight if she can avoid it. This part of why she's still alive.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She never did explain why she left the Republics.
- Defiled Forever: Claims this as a result of being raped nearly 200 years ago.
- Electronic Eyes: Her left eye is cybernetic. The only enhancement it provides is recording video.
- Evil vs. Evil: A variant. Desta herself isn't evil. However, her employers often are, and her victims always are.
- Eye Scream: Lost an eye in the Down With Discord storyline. Obtained a cybernetic replacement.
- Heroic Second Wind: Desta's armor can give her an artificial version - it will pump her up with adrenaline so she can keep fighting, even if she's lost an eye.
- Hitman with a Heart: Desta only kills people she thinks deserved it. She's also pretty up front about this fact.
- The Mario: Shades of this. While Desta's primary skills are in firearms and biotics, she's also picked up basic hacking and demolition skills.
- Mind over Matter: A capable biotic.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: No specific cases, but in general, Desta rarely considers the wider effect of her actions. She likely has several of these in her history, though she may not be aware of it.
- Opt Out: She left Eclipse after the incessant nature of gang warfare got to her. That, and she probably makes more money as a freelance assassin.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Desta's methods are generally indistinguishable from those of other assassins - she just limits her targets.
- Private Military Contractor: Also works as a freelance mercenary. Spent some time in Eclipse.
- Professional Killer: Definitely falls into the "assassin" category. Desta's had 200 years to work her way up the totem pole.
- Protectorate: Has one for Flower, even though Flower is terrified of her (well, asari in general). When she died, she left Flower her bank account.
- Really 700 Years Old: Like most asari. Desta's pushing 250. In the "Getting To Know You" threads, she often brings up incidents that occurred decades ago.
- Vigilante Woman: A variant. Desta inhabits the Terminus Systems, where law and order don't really exist. Also, her victims are generally career criminals.
Shane Ryder (StormRyder67)
Shane Ryder grew up in the slums of Camden, New Jersey. He escaped a life in the gangs by joining the Alliance at 18. Forced out of the military by politics, he is a former N5 turned mercenary, he thoroughly enjoys his job but every now and then as he racks up his hospital bills he feels like taking a break. Killed helping to bring down a destroyer class Reaper
- Artificial Limbs: Left arm as a result of being shot down while piloting a gunship.
- Badass Normal
- Bawdy Song: Enjoys reciting dirty limericks... probably a little too much.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Bio-Augmentation: Genetic enhancements are mandatory for Alliance marines, those in special operations especially.
- Blood Knight: He's a mercenary and former commando who kills people while singing to the heavy metal blaring through his earpiece, and only takes a break from his job when he gets shot one too many times, need I say more?
- The Butcher: Fought at Torfan
- Chaotic Good: Usually could care less about the law, but genuinely cares about other people.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Wherever, and whenever possible.
- Combat Pragmatist: If it means winning he'll do it, backstabbing, meat shields, groin shots, Hey Catch and especially kick them while they are down.
- Deadpan Snarker: He likes being sarcastic and obnoxious, it's a talent.
- Fantastic Racism: His view on vorcha are that they are one step above vermin and often not even that.
- Friendly Sniper: He's generally friendly, he's a sniper, 'nuff said.
- Good Is Not Nice: Ryder has no problem at all with doing horrific things to accomplish certain goals. If it means uncovering a slaving ring, then he will burn, kill, and torture his way there, and he will go home afterwards and sleep quite soundly.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Thel'Adean since joining AEGIS.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Yeah he kills people for a living, yeah he's done horrible things, yeah he's a cynical sarcastic prick, but if you happen to be his friend there's almost nothing he won't do for you.
- Knife Nut: Once killed a krogan with a utility knife, after he recovered from that adventure took to carrying a eight inch combat knife everywhere.
- Landmark Sale: Once 'sold' the Golden Gate Bridge and the Statue of Liberty to a particularly gullible poster here
- Large Ham: Thoroughly enjoyed mocking Discori
- The Napoleon: He's short he knows and he sure as hell doesn't like it unless it helps him steal something.
- Nice Guy: Sorta usually goes out of his way not to be offensive, on the other hand he'll do some pretty nasty shit if you piss him off
- Screw the Money, I Have Rules!!: Many would consider his definition of morality to be a little loose, but he's got rules and he follows them to the letter.
- Torture Technician: Favors psychological torture but definitely not averse to getting his hands dirty.
- Trickster Archetype: Hates authority and everything to do with it will often go out of his way to flaunt his contempt for authority