Characters: Buffy The Vampire Slayer Comic
The other pages are:
open/close all folders
A Japanese Slayer activated by Willow's spell, Satsu joined the Slayer organization and quickly became one of Buffy's best and most relible fighters. Satsu then fell in love with her, and they slept together twice before Satsu took over the Toyko base of operations after Buffy told her that while what they had done was nice, it wouldn't go any further.
- Action Girl
- A Day in the Limelight: "Swell".
- Ass Kicking Equals Authority: Promoted to head of the Tokyo squad because of how great a fighter and leader she is.
- Blond Brunette Redhead: Rowena, her, and Leah.
- Can't Believe I Said That: While fighting the Japanese Vampire army, The Dragon Raidon is about to kill Buffy and drink from her, saying that he bets she tastes sweet. Satsu stakes him from behind, saying he has no idea, and then remarks she can't believe she said that out loud.
- Chekhov's Lip Gloss: How Buffy realized it was Satsu whose kiss had woken her from a mystical coma. See: True Love's Kiss below.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Demonic Possession: When a vampy cat crawls down her throat and takes control of her body. Kennedy is kind enough to kick her in the gut, and cause her to vomit it up. Satsu then gives the cute little evil thing a good swording.
- Did Not Get the Girl
- Incompatible Orientation: With Buffy. Or so Buffy claims...
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies: One of the reasons Buffy gives Satsu for why they cannot be together.
- Kick the Dog: After her kiss wakes Buffy from a true love spell, she opens a dialogue about how being a Slayer in general; and being in love with her especially, is dangerous. By kicking Satsu into a building.
- The Lancer: Buffy often puts her in command when she isn't around, and takes her with her on important missions.
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Love Hurts
- Meaningful Name: When written a certain way in Japanese, her name means "slay" or "kill".
- Noodle Incident: She somehow wound up stealing a Korean submarine from a group of vampires.
- Oh Crap: When she jumps to catch the scythe, succeeds, and then realizes she is about to fall down to the street from the top of a Tokyo skyscraper. Fortunately, Buffy and Willow are there to help.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Briefly, after seeing Buffy and Angel, who had just been revealed as Twilight, having sex. She came back when demons started pouring through dimensional rifts.
- Super Strength
- Tears of Joy: When she was activated as a Slayer.
- True Love's Kiss: Used to wake Buffy after she was put in a mystical coma.
- Weapon of Choice: A katana.
Another new slayer activated by Willow's spell, she and Xander devloped a mutual attraction to each other. They were going to begin dating, but Renee was brutally killed by a vampire during a battle in Tokyo
A Scottish Slayer in Buffy's Slayer squad, often seen hanging out with Rowena.
"Wiccans to ta rear! Slayers... fuck 'em up."
A German Slayer in Buffy's squad, often seen hanging out with Leah.
A British Slayer who joins a group of other Slayers being mentored by Faith in London. She lost her entire squad during the Twilight crisis, and will stop at nothing to find and kill those responsible.
- Action Girl
- Ax-Crazy: Due to her Berserker tendencies. She's put several normal humans in the hospital.
- The Berserker: She charges around during battle with no plan, and when she goes too long without a fight, she will seek one out, even if it with humans. She realizes itís a problem, and wonders what is wrong with her. It gets bad enough that she starts attacking her own allies when they attempt to stop her from beating up humans.
- British Accents
- But Not Too Foreign: A native of Britain with Indian heritage.
- Gotta Kill Them All: Her goal is to hunt down and kill Pearl, Nash, and Angel for their part in killing her squad.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: It is very easy to set her off.
- Leeroy Jenkins
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Daphne's blue.
- Revenge Before Reason: Hell, yes.
- Sole Survivor: Her squad was wiped out by two of Twilight's minions.
- Survivor Guilt
- Super Strength
- Was It Really Worth It?: She spends most of the first season's run singlemindedly obsessed with getting revenge on Angel, Pearl, and Nash for their slaughter of her Slayer squad, of which she was the Sole Survivor thanks to Willow's intervention. In the final issue, after being nearly burned to death by Nash and killing him in turn with Faith's help, Faith tries to comfort Nadira by assuring her she had finally gotten her revenge, but Nadira has realized that it was never worth it in the first place and tells Faith as such.
Another British Slayer being mentored by Faith, she is more easygoing than Nadira.
One of Buffy's roommates in San Francisco, she is revealed to be a Slayer after saving Billy from a pack of zompires. She claims that she is part of a group of concerned Slayers loyal to Buffy and was assigned to secretly help keep Buffy's life in order and protect her from threats.
A young detective on the San Francisco Police force who is partners with Detective Cheung. Dowling and Cheung's cases led them to investigate Buffy. Dowling learns about vampire-fighting from Spike to handle the city's zompire problem, and is placed in charge of a police task force to deal with them.
- Badass Normal
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Buffy and Spike from Severin by shooting him.
- The Commissioner Gordon
- Drowning My Sorrows: After Cheung gets killed.
- Fair Cop
- Heroic BSOD: Has one after Cheung gets killed, and it gets worse when she turns into a zompire and slaughters dozens of people, including several other cops. He manages to put her down, but most of the other cops in his department have a hard time dealing with the fact he staked his own partner, causing him to try and resign and take up vigilante vampire hunting.
- Nice Guy: Because of how he was with Buffy Spike of all people sees what a good person he is and encourages he pursue her, before accepting Dowling's advice to be with Buffy when she needs him. After being abandoned and forgotten about Buffy tries to make amends, but he holds no ill will towards her and when she breaks off the relationship he calmly accepts it, happy to still be friends.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He advocates giving Buffy a chance to help them and believing her while Cheung shoots down the idea.
A detective on the San Francisco Police force who is partnered with the younger Detective Dowling. Their investigations into mysterious bodies led them to Buffy.
Oz's wife and a fellow werewolf, they met when he went to Tibet to learn how to control his transformations, and they had a child together. She helped teach the Slayer army to channel their magic into the earth to hide from Twilight.
Billy premiered in Billy The Vampire Slayer Part 1
. Billy is openly gay and is constantly being bullied for this. He lives with his Bourgeois Bohemian
grandmother after having been kicked out by his parents after coming out. His crush, "Cute" Devon saves him from a zompire and teaches him how to kill them, convincing Billy that he can be the next Slayer.
A older archmage who is highly knowledgeable about both magic and hundreds of different demons. Angel and Faith turn to him for information on their current cases in London.
Lavinia and Sophronia "Sophie" Fairweather
Giles's great aunts, the sisters of his paternal grandmother Edna (who appeared as a girl in the Tales of the Vampires
comic). While Edna became a Watcher, Lavinia and Sophie used their knowledge of magic for shallow purposes like staying eternally young and beautiful. They are currently staying in Giles's estate with Faith and Angel. Lavinia (the brunette) is encouraging Angel to do whatever he has to do to resurrect Giles, and Sophie (the blonde) is pushing Faith to stop Angel if he goes too far.
- Deal with the Devil: They made several to preserve their appearance.
- Hot Witch
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: They are kind of selfish, horrible people, but they really do care about Giles and want to save him.
- Manipulative Bitch: Self-professed.
- Older than They Look
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Edna. Lavinia and Sophie have notable magical talent, but only use it for flighty pursuits, whereas their sister joined an organization dedicated to protecting humanity from the forces of darkness. They complain that Giles thought Edna was "so morally superior, just because she got wrinkly and died".
- Also, Lavinia and Sophie are pushing Angel and Faith from opposite directions, but this is actually part of a shared plan to get Rupert back if it's possible and prevent a disaster from happening if it turns out that it's not.
- Vain Sorceress
- What Could Have Been: Lavinia and Sophie were originally intended to appear in the BBC's cancelled Buffy spinoff Ripper, played by Anthony Head's daughters Daisy and Emily.
A mysterious demon with the upper body of a white-haired, green-skinned woman and lower body of a giant snake, who guides Willow during her continued magical training.
A ancient demon who was imprisoned in a mystical prison by evil forces. After the Seed of Wonder was destroyed, he was released and began searching for Buffy to thank her for freeing him and fight alongside her.
Cordelia the Dragon
A dragon who appears as part of Wolfram & Hart's demonic army in the series finale.
- The Dragon: For Wolfram & Hart, literally and figuratively.
- Familiar: For Angel in After the Fall.
- Good All Along: After the Fall reveals he's a heroic dragon who was simply misled into serving Wolfram & Hart just as Angel was. He quickly becomes Angel's familiar.
- Heel-Face Turn: In After the Fall.
- Last Episode New Character: Introduced at the end of the final television episode, but becomes a regular in After the Fall.
A Splenden Beast, who resembles a large, floating Siamese fighting fish (Betta splendens
) with telepathic powers.
- Canon Immigrant: He originally appeared in some non-canon Spike comics before appearing in After the Fall.
- Reasoning With Cthulhu: He stops Illyria from destroying all creation... by feeding her happy thoughts.
- Flying Seafood Special: He looks like a large fish "swimming" in the air.
- Telepathy: He can only communicate this way as his fishy mouth isn't built for speech.