Characters: Buffy The Vampire Slayer Comic
The other pages are:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Characters
- The Scooby Gangnote
- Big Badsnote
- Sunnydale Residents
- Demons and Monsters
- Watchers and Slayers
- The Twilight Group
- Other Characters
- Dark Horse Comic Characters
open/close all folders
A Japanese Slayer activated by Willow's spell, Satsu joined the Slayer organization and quickly became one of Buffy's best and most reliable fighters. Satsu then fell in love with her, and they slept together twice before Satsu took over the Toyko base of operations after Buffy told her that while what they had done was nice, it wouldn't go any further.
- Action Girl
- A Day in the Limelight: "Swell".
- Ass Kicking Equals Authority: Promoted to head of the Tokyo squad because of how great a fighter and leader she is.
- Blond Brunette Redhead: Rowena, her, and Leah.
- Can't Believe I Said That: While fighting the Japanese Vampire army, The Dragon Raidon is about to kill Buffy and drink from her, saying that he bets she tastes sweet. Satsu stakes him from behind, saying he has no idea, and then remarks she can't believe she said that out loud.
- Chekhov's Lip Gloss: How Buffy realized it was Satsu whose kiss had woken her from a mystical coma. See: True Love's Kiss below.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Demonic Possession: When a vampy cat crawls down her throat and takes control of her body. Kennedy is kind enough to kick her in the gut, and cause her to vomit it up. Satsu then gives the cute little evil thing a good swording.
- Did Not Get the Girl
- Incompatible Orientation: With Buffy. Or so Buffy claims...
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies: One of the reasons Buffy gives Satsu for why they cannot be together.
- Kick the Dog: After her kiss wakes Buffy from a true love spell, she opens a dialogue about how being a Slayer in general; and being in love with her especially, is dangerous. By kicking Satsu into a building.
- The Lancer: Buffy often puts her in command when she isn't around, and takes her with her on important missions.
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Love Hurts
- Meaningful Name: When written a certain way in Japanese, her name means "slay" or "kill".
- Noodle Incident: She somehow wound up stealing a Korean submarine from a group of vampires.
- Oh Crap!: When she jumps to catch the scythe, succeeds, and then realizes she is about to fall down to the street from the top of a Tokyo skyscraper. Fortunately, Buffy and Willow are there to help.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Briefly, after seeing Buffy and Angel, who had just been revealed as Twilight, having sex. She came back when demons started pouring through dimensional rifts.
- Smells Sexy: Among a list of reasons why Buffy says she's flattered by her interest, is that she smells nice.
- Super Strength
- Tears of Joy: When she was activated as a Slayer.
- True Love's Kiss: Used to wake Buffy after she was put in a mystical coma.
- Weapon of Choice: A katana.
Another new slayer activated by Willow's spell, she and Xander developed a mutual attraction to each other. They were going to begin dating, but Renee was brutally killed by a vampire during a battle in Tokyo.
- Action Girl
- Anyone Can Die
- Badass: She stood up to freaking Dracula like she was going to slay him.
- The Bait: Served as it willingly to lure a vampire into a trap.
- Black and Nerdy: Learns about comics in order to better relate to Xander.
- Catholic School Girls Rule: While posing as bait.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Deliberately Distressed Damsel: Does this to a Tokyo vampire to capture him.
- Dropped A Bridge on Her
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice
- Killed Off for Real
- Mission Control: She often served at this post at Slayer HQ.
- My Greatest Failure: Views hers as not noticing a horde of zombies approaching the Slayer castle while on watch, which led to several Slayers being killed.
- Super Strength
- Temporary Love Interest: For Xander.
A Scottish Slayer in Buffy's Slayer squad, often seen hanging out with Rowena.
"Wiccans to ta rear! Slayers... fuck 'em up."A German Slayer in Buffy's squad, often seen hanging out with Leah.
- Action Girl
- Big Damn Heroes: Shows up with her squad to save Xander, Dawn and their demon allies from a reptile demon ghost army.
- Blond Brunette Redhead: Her, Satsu and Leah.
- Funetik Aksent
- Heroic BSOD: Nearly suffers one after the missile attack on the castle, but Xander pulls her back from it.
- The Lancer: Whenever Satsu isn't availible, Buffy puts Rowena in charge.
- Nice Hat: Rowena is never, ever seen without a blue or red baseball cap on backwards.
- Oh Crap!: When the Mecha Dawn arrives in Tokyo.
- Recurring Extra
- Super Strength
- Those Two Girls: With Leah.
A British Slayer who joins a group of other Slayers being mentored by Faith in London. She lost her entire squad during the Twilight crisis, and will stop at nothing to find and kill those responsible.
- Action Girl
- Ax-Crazy: Due to her Berserker tendencies. She's put several normal humans in the hospital.
- The Berserker: She charges around during battle with no plan, and when she goes too long without a fight, she will seek one out, even if it with humans. She realizes itís a problem, and wonders what is wrong with her. It gets bad enough that she starts attacking her own allies when they attempt to stop her from beating up humans.
- British Accents
- But Not Too Foreign: A native of Britain with Indian heritage.
- Gotta Kill Them All: Her goal is to hunt down and kill Pearl, Nash, and Angel for their part in killing her squad.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: It is very easy to set her off.
- Leeroy Jenkins
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Daphne's blue.
- Revenge Before Reason: Hell, yes.
- Sole Survivor: Her squad was wiped out by two of Twilight's minions.
- Survivor Guilt
- Super Strength
- Was It Really Worth It?: She spends most of the first season's run singlemindedly obsessed with getting revenge on Angel, Pearl, and Nash for their slaughter of her Slayer squad, of which she was the Sole Survivor thanks to Willow's intervention. In the final issue, after being nearly burned to death by Nash and killing him in turn with Faith's help, Faith tries to comfort Nadira by assuring her she had finally gotten her revenge, but Nadira has realized that it was never worth it in the first place and tells Faith as such.
Another British Slayer being mentored by Faith, she is more easygoing than Nadira.
One of Buffy's roommates in San Francisco, she is revealed to be a Slayer after saving Billy from a pack of zompires. She claims that she is part of a group of concerned Slayers loyal to Buffy and was assigned to secretly help keep Buffy's life in order and protect her from threats.
- Action Girl
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Although most of her bodyguarding comes in areas that Buffy doesn't have much experience in, like paying bills, buying food, etc.
- Big Damn Heroes: Comes out of nowhere to rescue Billy from the zompires.
- Hidden Depths: Initally just one of Buffy's roommates, she was in the background for most of Season 9 before The Reveal about her being a Slayer.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Willow engenders this reaction from her.
- Super Strength
A young detective on the San Francisco Police force who is partners with Detective Cheung. Dowling and Cheung's cases led them to investigate Buffy. Dowling learns about vampire-fighting from Spike to handle the city's zompire problem, and is placed in charge of a police task force to deal with them.
- Badass Normal
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Buffy and Spike from Severin by shooting him.
- The Commissioner Gordon
- Drowning My Sorrows: After Cheung gets killed.
- Fair Cop
- Heroic BSOD: Has one after Cheung gets killed, and it gets worse when she turns into a zompire and slaughters dozens of people, including several other cops. He manages to put her down, but most of the other cops in his department have a hard time dealing with the fact he staked his own partner, causing him to try and resign and take up vigilante vampire hunting.
- Nice Guy: Because of how he was with Buffy Spike of all people sees what a good person he is and encourages he pursue her, before accepting Dowling's advice to be with Buffy when she needs him. After being abandoned and forgotten about Buffy tries to make amends, but he holds no ill will towards her and when she breaks off the relationship he calmly accepts it, happy to still be friends.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He advocates giving Buffy a chance to help them and believing her while Cheung shoots down the idea.
A detective on the San Francisco Police force who is partnered with the younger Detective Dowling. Their investigations into mysterious bodies led them to Buffy.
Oz's wife and a fellow werewolf, they met when he went to Tibet to learn how to control his transformations, and they had a child together. She helped teach the Slayer army to channel their magic into the earth to hide from Twilight.
- Action Mom: She wards off a massive werewolf using a knife while carrying a baby.
- Badass: Doesn't think twice about doing what she must to protect herself and her family. Even if it includes tearing out people's throats with her teeth.
- Berserk Button: Do not try to to harm Oz.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She will offer you a place to stay, instructions on how to deal with your inner demon and a seemingly never-ending amount of butter tea. But she also won't hesitate to speak her mind or even physically defend herself if you threaten her.
- Comic Book Fantasy Casting: She was drawn to resemble actress Dichen Lachman, who played a character in Joss Whedon's Dollhouse.
- Deadpan Snarker: One trait she definitely shares with her husband. When Willow talks about giving up magic, Bay helpfully reminds her that "not teleporting submarines is a good first step".
- Happily Married: Oz and Bay's relationship seems to be a happy, healthy one, which is rather rare in the Buffyverse, where adversity and/or death are kind of the norm when it comes to dating.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means "joyful mother" in Mongolian and Tibetan.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: She doesn't transform during the full moon, a trait she teaches to other werewolves, but still can if she really wants to. However, in direct to other werewolves who do transform, she notes the full moon is when she and Oz are at their weakest.
- Technical Pacifist: She chides Willow and the others from bringing war to her peaceful home, but will use violence to defend herself and her loves ones.
Billy premiered in Billy The Vampire Slayer Part 1. Billy is openly gay and is constantly being bullied for this. He lives with his Bourgeois Bohemian grandmother after having been kicked out by his parents after coming out. His crush, "Cute" Devon saves him from a zompire and teaches him how to kill them, convincing Billy that he can be the next Slayer.
- Big Damn Kiss
- Cool Loser/ Hollywood Nerd
- Hippie Grandma
- Non-Action Guy: Billy started out like this.
- Raised by Grandparents: After coming out to his parents, he was kicked out of his home and now lives with his grandmother.
- Relationship Upgrade: With Devon.
- Rescue Romance: With Devon.
- Straight Gay
- °Three Amigos!: With Devon and Katie.
A older archmage who is highly knowledgeable about both magic and hundreds of different demons. Angel and Faith turn to him for information on their current cases in London.
- The Archmage: Formerly.
- Badass Bookworm: A powerful British archmage who apparently fought in a magical war and was awesome enough in it to impress Angel...
- Retired Badass: ...who now simply collects strange and nearly extinct magical creatures in order to protect them.
- Big Fancy House
- British Accents
- Brought Down to Normal: Like so many other magic users after the end of magic.
- Cool Old Guy
- Collector of the Strange: Since the End of Magic, Alasdair has been collecting endangered species of magical creatures in order to keep them safe, including several pixies whom he refers to as his friends, and what appears to be a small dragon.
- Depower: Due to the destruction of the Seed of Wonder.
- Magic Librarian
- Mr. Exposition
- Quintessential British Gentleman
- The Smart Guy: For Angel and Faith.
- Specs of Awesome
Lavinia and Sophronia "Sophie" Fairweather
Giles's great aunts, the sisters of his paternal grandmother Edna (who appeared as a girl in the Tales of the Vampires comic). While Edna became a Watcher, Lavinia and Sophie used their knowledge of magic for shallow purposes like staying eternally young and beautiful. They are currently staying in Giles's estate with Faith and Angel. Lavinia (the brunette) is encouraging Angel to do whatever he has to do to resurrect Giles, and Sophie (the blonde) is pushing Faith to stop Angel if he goes too far.
- Deal with the Devil: They made several to preserve their appearance.
- Hot Witch
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: They are kind of selfish, horrible people, but they really do care about Giles and want to save him.
- Manipulative Bitch: Self-professed.
- Older Than They Look
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Edna. Lavinia and Sophie have notable magical talent, but only use it for flighty pursuits, whereas their sister joined an organization dedicated to protecting humanity from the forces of darkness. They complain that Giles thought Edna was "so morally superior, just because she got wrinkly and died".
- Also, Lavinia and Sophie are pushing Angel and Faith from opposite directions, but this is actually part of a shared plan to get Rupert back if it's possible and prevent a disaster from happening if it turns out that it's not.
- Vain Sorceress
- What Could Have Been: Lavinia and Sophie were originally intended to appear in the BBC's cancelled Buffy spinoff Ripper, played by Anthony Head's daughters Daisy and Emily.
A mysterious demon with the upper body of a white-haired, green-skinned woman and lower body of a giant snake, who guides Willow during her continued magical training.
- Ambiguously Evil: While she is never seen doing anything evil, Aluywn did train crazy vampire witch Kumiko in addition to Willow.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Maybe.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Buffy remarks on her attractiveness more than once.
- I Have Many Names: Or at least two. "Saga Vasuki" appears to be more formal than "Aluwyn".
- Meaningful Name: Vasuki is the king of the Nagas in Hindu Mythology.
- Mentor Ship: With Willow.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Self-Proclaimed Liar
- Snakes Are Sexy: Willow and Buffy think so.
- Snake People
- Trickster Mentor
A ancient demon who was imprisoned in a mystical prison by evil forces. After the Seed of Wonder was destroyed, he was released and began searching for Buffy to thank her for freeing him and fight alongside her.
- Blue and Orange Morality: He turns on Buffy to kill someone for the Senior Partners after they promise to name the being responsible for his imprisonment, informing her that revenge is needed to restore his honor, and supersedes his debt to her.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: But he isn't evil... maybe.
- Pointy Ears
- Proud Warrior Race Guy
- Revenge Before Reason
- Sealed Good in a Can
- You No Take Candle
Cordelia the Dragon
A dragon who appears as part of Wolfram & Hart's demonic army in the series finale.
- The Dragon: For Wolfram & Hart, literally and figuratively.
- Familiar: For Angel in After the Fall.
- Good All Along: After the Fall reveals he's a heroic dragon who was simply misled into serving Wolfram & Hart just as Angel was. He quickly becomes Angel's familiar.
- Heel-Face Turn: In After the Fall.
- Last Episode New Character: Introduced at the end of the final television episode, but becomes a regular in After the Fall.
A Splenden Beast, who resembles a large, floating Siamese fighting fish (Betta splendens) with telepathic powers.
- Canon Immigrant: He originally appeared in some non-canon Spike comics before appearing in After the Fall.
- Reasoning With Cthulhu: He stops Illyria from destroying all creation... by feeding her happy thoughts.
- Flying Seafood Special: He looks like a large fish "swimming" in the air.
- Telepathy: He can only communicate this way as his fishy mouth isn't built for speech.