Characters: Brain Trust
open/close all folders
The Clock/The Archive
Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese), Joey Hood (English)Originally appears as someone from Babylon City who is working for Makubex for reasons of his own. Has a thing for Himiko, and knows things that the rest of the cast does not. Fights with shards of mirrors.
- Affably Evil: While Akabane is genuine in his own way, Kagami is ambiguous in his evilness
- He flirts with Himiko during the Tag game after the Kiryuudo incident. It's harsher in hindsight considering he intends to sacrifice her to revive the Voodoo King, though he did seem sad that she rejected him
- A God I Am: Basically declares that he is the embodiment of the Limitless Fortress in the final arc.
- Big Bad: Competes with the Voodoo King for this title in the final story arc.
- Bishōnen: Ban notes this guy could be the head of a host club.
- Dragon with an Agenda: To Makubex
- Hidden Agenda Villain: It's a secret up to the second to last major arc Where he reveals Himiko is the necessary key to get back to Babylon City.
- Killed Off for Real: By Akabane
- Improbable Weapon User: He fights with mirror fragments.
- Master of Illusion: Not to the degree of MakubeX, but one of his favorite tricks is using a cloud of microscopic glass shards to create holograms of himself.
- Meaningful Name: Kagami, of course, means mirror, which is an obvious reference to his powers and fighting style. However, it becomes even more meaningful in the final arc, where it's revealed that Kagami is a physicist who helped to create the entire GetBackers universe to begin with. And the theory he developed that led to the creation of that universe was called The Magic Mirror Effect.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Gets one from Ban, but since he sacrificed Himiko, he really deserved it
- Shadow Archetype: He's this to Akabane; it's been specifically noted that he was put in white to contrast against Akabane's black. Played with in the fact that while their appearances are different, their personalities are very similar also inverted in that the "dark one" kills the "light one."
A manga-only character, she's Ginji's "mother". It's... complicated.She's head of the team which created the dimension where the Limitless Fortress exists.
- A God Am I: An interesting take on the trope. When the dimension containing Mugenjou began growing on its own, beyond the control of her team, she had plans to "format" the dimension like a hard drive. Thanks to Ginji, she put away those plans.
- Cloning Blues: Averted. When her son died, although it is possible to create a clone to replace him, she knew that the clone would never be a true son to her. Hence, she created an Alternate Universe version of him, who we know as Ginji.
- Ill Girl: Has poor eyesight.
Another manga-only character. The bunny girl. A scientist of some sort, with a connection to the Brain Trust. Probably has the best idea as to what the hell is going on, and has apparently told Akabane parts of it. Also known as "the Professor".Her real name is (massive spoiler) Makube.