open/close all folders
The titular "Boss" of the Special Criminal Countermeasures Unit.
- Catchphrase: "We have a case", with some variants.
- The Chessmaster: She always finds a way to outsmart the villains.
- Christmas Cake: Single, and 40 years old in the first season.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: She's quite a heavy drinker.
- The Mentor: To her subordinates.
- Only Sane Woman
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Even though her subordinates like to complain about her when given a chance.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Used to have one.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Nodate.
- Badass Beard
- Badass Moustache
- Catchphrase: "I'm awkward."
- Chick Magnet
- Covert Pervert: Revealed in the second season. When a sex club owner mentions swimsuits among other types of costumes used by his employees, Katagiri asks him whether school swimsuits are available.
- Does Not Like Guns: After a slip-up in the past. He finally gets over it.
- The Leader: The most capable of his group when Osawa is not around.
- Not So Stoic
- Shrinking Violet: He is extremely shy around women.
- Sweet Tooth: Enjoys cakes and parfaits.
- Troubled, but Cute: His major charm point.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Easily distracted by beautiful flowers and butterflies.
- Casanova Wannabe: Believes himself to be more charming than he actually is, and frequents cabaret clubs.
- The Klutz: His forgetting his bag and carrying only its strap around without noticing is a Running Gag.
- The Lancer
- May-December Romance: Attempts to invoke this by trying to flirt with Mami, then Rika.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Iwai.
- Big Eater
- Brilliant but Lazy
- Does Not Like Guns
- Hates Everyone Equally: Claims to be this.
- Meganekko: On occasions.
- Not a Morning Person/Heavy Sleeper: Frequently seen in the office with her head on a pillow.
- Put on a Bus: For most of Season 2.
- The Smart Girl
- Took a Level in Badass: Single-handedly disarms a bomber at the end of Season 2.
- Bishōnen: Despite being this, his appeal to the ladies is nowhere near Katagiri's level.
- Butt Monkey: Tends to get ridiculed by both his superiors and civilians, and get into trouble.
- Catchphrase: "Willing to do anything, the healthy Hanagata!" ("Yaruki genki, Hanagata!").
- The Chick
- The Ditz
- Genki Guy: "Yaruki genki" is technically his motto.
- The Heart
- The Klutz: Tends to mess up the crime scenes in the early episodes.
- Manchild: His superiors see him as this.
- Momma's Boy: He really loves his mother.
- Na´ve Newcomer: 23 years old, fresh out of the police academy. The top brass looks down on him due to his naive thoughts and childish ambitions like "joining the police force to protect his mother".
- Big Eater: Frequently seen eating something, especially onigiri.
- High Heel-Face Turn
- The Mole
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Her marksmanship is much better than it looks like.
- Phrase Catcher:Osawa: "You said something very important just now!"
- The Smart Girl
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Somehow her teammates don't notice her until she speaks up.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Onigiri.