open/close all folders
Pretty Cure and Allies
Numasawa Tessalia (Cure Frosch)
"Green Frog of the Moon, Cure Frosch!"
- The Cheerleader: Averted; she is actually a very nice person and quite intelligent.
- Jumped at the Call: Like Nozomi, she did so before she even knew there was a call to jump at.
- Meaningful Name: "Numasawa" / "swamp", "Tessalia" / Japanese romanization of the name of the Greek town Thessaly; "Frosch" is German for "frog".
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Power Trio: She's the Ego.
- Scars Are Forever: She has a large burn scar on her lower back; see Why Did It Have to Be Snakes? below for how she got it.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She has pyrophobia because of an incident that killed her older brother Tetsuo when a studio of a children's TV show they were watching the live filming of caught on fire, mirroring this real life incident concerning the Brazillian children's TV show Xuxa Park. Because of her fear, Tessalia is absent from the Fire Festival every year, until Izayoi convinces her to join the festivities for once.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: As Cure Frosch.
Yukiyama Izayoi (Cure Pingu)
"Purple Penguin of the Glaciers, Cure Pingu!"
- Book Dumb
- Catch Phrase: "Wo meishi!"
- Dating Catwoman: With Rheo, eventually.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: She's the penguin guardian.
- Expy: She's basically what Odd Della Robbia and Hanon Houshou's lovechild would look like.
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails: As Cure Pingu.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: She peppers her speech with Chinese phrases.
- The Idiot from Osaka: Actually, Okinawa, but still counts.
- Meaningful Name: "Yukiyama" / "Snowy mountain", "Izayoi" / "sixteen-day-old moon"; "Pingu" probably came from the Swiss stop-motion series.
- Power Trio: She's the Id.
- Purple Eyes: Badass? Maybe not.
Kinezumi Hisato (Cure Esquirol)
"Orange Squirrel of the Trees, Cure Esquirol!"He may be the squirrel guardian, but he's probably the sanest and most badass of the trio.
- Fiery Redhead: As Cure Esquirol; not as "fiery" as much as "freakin' awesome".
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: As Cure Esquirol.
- Meaningful Name: "Kinezumi" / "tree mouse" (a way of saying "squirrel" in Japanese), "Hisato" / "one with a long life"; "Esquirol" is Catalan for "squirrel".
- Nonuniform Uniform: Being male, he wears pants in Cure form unlike his teammates.
- The One Guy
- Power Trio: He's the Superego.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: He's the straight man to Tsutomu's wise guy.
Stromboli's Marionette Show
- Christmas Cake: An evil one at that rate. Hmmmm....
- Making a Splash: She makes Monsters of the Week from things usually found underwater.
- Petting Zoo People: She sprouts a fish tail when in villain form.
- Feather Fingers: Literally; her fingers are actual blue-bellied parrot feathers.
- Genki Girl: Even if she's a little... old for this sort of thing.
- Perky Female Minion
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Tanineko Leonard (Rheo)
- Bare Your Midriff: Nice belly you've got there, Rheo.
- Cat Boy: Well, ocelots are wildcats, so...
- Cute Little Fangs: Fittingly, since he is part ocelot.
- Dating Catwoman: With Izayoi, eventually.
- Meaningful Name: "Tanineko" / "valley cat", "Leonard" / "lion strength"; "Rheo" is a male version of "Rhea", meaning "Earth" or "flowing".
- Minion with an F in Evil
- Petting Zoo People: He grows ocelot ears and tail when in villain form.
- Shrinking Violet
- The Woobie
- Alpha Bitch
- The Cheerleader: She becomes an honorary member of the cheerleading squad following her Heel–Face Turn in episode 17.
- Heel–Face Turn: She gets one in episode 17 when she can't bring herself to rip Tessalia's dress during the Cinderella play. Seeing how she changed, Tessalia makes her an honorary member of the cheerleading squad.
- Missed the Call: Subverted; she could have been a permanent fourth member of the team sooner had the blue Anima Feather not been destroyed on Pluft and Poof's way to Earth. However, in the three years since the fight against Stromboli, the Gaians developed two new Henshin Devices specifically for her and the fifth member to use.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Does this on a regular basis.
- Nonuniform Uniform: Her uniform includes light blue biking shorts under the skirt and cowboy boots.
- Rich Bitch
- You Gotta Have Indigo Hair
- Anti-Villain: Type II, under Kizuna.
- Creepy Crossdresser: At first, though she only counts because she's part of Kizuna's Girl Posse. She becomes a Wholesome Crossdresser sometime toward the end of the first season.
- Fiery Redhead
- Girl Posse: To Kizuna, with Mizuri.
- Heel–Face Turn: Sometime before the talent show episode, she and Mizuri gather the courage to stop kissing up to Kizuna, only befriending her again after the events of episode 17.
- Non-Uniform Uniform: Wears the male uniform as her school uniform.
- Shout-Out: Her outfit during the talent show looks like a more masculine-looking version of Cure Black's Max Heart outfit incorporating a short tunic to cater to her fashion preferences, with the addition of bright red tights under the shorts for added comfort.
- Tights Under Shorts: Part of her Cure Firebird outfit for the talent show.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Mizuri's girly girl.
- Anti-Villain: Type II, under Kizuna.
- Hair Decorations: Her daisy hairclip.
- Girl Posse: To Kizuna, with Hitori.
- Gray Eyes
- Heel–Face Turn: Sometime before the talent show episode, she and Hitori gather the courage to stop kissing up to Kizuna, only befriending her again after the events of episode 17.
- Shout-Out: Her outfit during the talent show is a frillier version of Cure Romance's normal—read: non-Super—outfit, only with boots instead of toe shoes.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Hitori's tomboy.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Part of her Cure Lamantin outfit for the talent show.
- Black Best Friend
- But Not Too Foreign
- Green Eyes
- Multicolored Dreadlocks: Black with pink tips.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Averted; he's African-Japanese rather than African-American.
- Real Men Wear Pink
- Sassy Black Boy
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: He's the wise guy to Hisato's straight man.
- Where Da White Women At?: His crush on Kanon.
- Blind Without 'Em
- Catch Phrase: "Odokenai!" note
- Celeb Crush: Will have one on a currently-unknown celebrity in an upcoming episode.
- Meganekko: True, she is bespectacled, but is much more of a worryworth than any traditional example.
- Product Placement: When out of school, Kanon replaces her normal glasses with thick-framed Ray-Ban brand ones, for the sake of looking more stylish.
- Student Council President