Characters / Blood In The Water
Konar Champion Josh
The main antagonist of the story, Josh is a psychopathic fourteen year old who fought tooth and nail to get the position of Champion so he could tear Konar down. It's revealed over time that he isn't as evil as depicted...sort of.
Tropes that apply to Josh
- Badass Adorable: He's FOURTEEN.
- Badass Boast:
: I implore you, turn back now. Many have tried to take victory, and many have failed. I do not relinquish my title easily.
Josh: We shall see.
- But there's a better one later:
Josh: You would do well to remember who you are dealing with! I have conquered gods
, tamed beasts
, and brought the world to its knees! And you still have the gall to stand up to me? I actually kind of like that, though. You're tough. But not as tough as me.
- Came Back Wrong: Definitely.
- The Cameo: He also appeared in two other fanfics. The first, Dance Of Destiny, he only had four Pokemon, and hadn't obtained all of his Gym Badges yet. He was seen challenging Volkner in Sunyshore City. In the second fanfic, Let The Flames Begin, which apparently takes place some time after Dance Of Destiny, he appeared in the Shinnoh League Tournament, but not as a Contestant. He was standing next to Cynthia and Charles Goodshow. Then he later appeared with Dawn, May, Lucas, and Norman as they climbed Mount Coronet after Brendan. Josh stayed behind to fend off the Team Plasma Grunts. He wasn't seen since.
- The Dreaded: There's a reason Giovanni panicked and nearly ran away when he heard that Josh was behind the whole event of Konar.
- Fallen Hero
- Famous Ancestor: His ancestor, Lady Grenville, was the Queen of Konar several hundred years, and an accomplished user of the Water type.
- White Hair, Black Heart: His hair turned white after coming back from the dead.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
- Villain with Good Publicity: The publicity is lost at the beginning of the fic when he begins to wage war, but before that he was well-known and would often be challenged by other Trainers seeking to make a name for himself.
Elite Four Member Franz
The toughest of the Elite Four, Franz is a master of Psychic Pokemon, who despises Josh and has his own agenda concerning the Elite Four.
Tropes that apply to Franz
Elite Four Member Qira
The resident Dark-type master, Qira mostly spends her time being bored with weak, petty challengers.
Her team contains Zoroark, Drapion, Spiritomb, Houndoom, and Hydreigon.
Tropes that apply to Qira
Elite Four Member Daniel
The Ice-type master, Daniel has a barely emotional personality like the type he employs in battle. He's not downright evil, unlike his insane girlfriend, but he still tags along with the other Elite Four and Josh anyways.
His roster consists of Cryogonal, Abomasnow, Mammoswine, Glaceon, and Froslass.
Tropes that apply to Daniel
Elite Four Member Aubree
The most violent and eccentric of the Elite Four, Aubree enjoys planning evil, murderous deeds almost as much as Franz...and probably more.
Her roster consists of Luxray, Electrivire, Raichu, Galvantula, and Magnezone.
Tropes that apply to Aubree