open/close all folders
Common to the four:
- Deadpan Snarker: They all have plenty of snarky moments, but Carlos' are less frequent.
- Four-Man Band:
- Four-Temperament Ensemble:
- Kendall: Phlegmatic
- Logan: Melancholic
- Carlos: Sanguine
- James: Choleric
- Lovable Jock: They were on the hockey team back in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Nice: The four of them, despite their quirks and fails, are genuinely Nice Guys, which sometimes clashes with the LA lifestyle.
- Mr. Fanservice: James being the most notable.
- Pretty Boy: Many girls in-universe have said aloud they are cute.
- Played by Kendall Schmidt
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Standard tradition is that every band has to have a bad boy. Kendall more or less got the job by default, mainly due to his relative sanity.
- Berserk Button: Insulting or belittling his friends. He's normally the calm and collected one, but in the pilot, when Gustavo told James he had no talent, Kendall went absolutely nuts and had to be dragged out by security.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Kendall can be your best friend or your worst nightmare.
- Cool Big Bro: To Katie. Unlike many brother-sister bickering in sitcoms, Kendall and Katie have the best on-screen sibling relationship and aid each other with their schemes. Katie often calls Kendall "Big Brother" with affection.
- Determinator: In Big Time Movie, he gets punched in the ribs by one of Atticus Moon's henchmen, and gets up as if it were nothing. Keep in mind, that particular henchmen a mallet made of silver for a hand.
- Disappeared Dad: Since Kendall and Katie set dates for their mom, it's assumed their father is either divorced or gone. Nobody talks about him.
- The Leader: He is pretty much the leader of Big Time Rush.
- Real Men Wear Pink: In "Big Time Secret", he has been sneaking with Camille without telling the other guys because he wanted to try a Figure Skating competition. He tried to hide it because they, as hockey players, would mock it without mercy.
- Rousing Speech: He is the one who cheers the group with his speeches about friendship, even when they are getting into crazy schemes. "Big Time Cameo" even lampshades this when the writers of the sitcom made Kendall's character in the script as "The Motivational-Speeches guy".
- Straight Man: Compared to his friends, Kendall usually is the one who keeps the cool and actively tries to solve the situations. It can either go well or fail miserably.
Hortense Logan Mitchell
- Played by Logan Henderson
- Adorkable: Occasional lab coat, check. Brain of the group, check. Almost always wears suit/necktie/t-shirt, check. Cute? DOUBLE CHECK.
- Attractive Bent-Gender/Wholesome Crossdresser: He got into a lecture held in an Only-Women college, and only got discovered because he blew his cover in front of a room full of Straw Feminists.
- Brainy Brunette: He is the smartest of the group, to the point all of his classmates were fighting to be partners with him in Green Time Rush.
- Butt-Monkey: When the guys are worried that Wayne Wayne will have someone kicked out of the band, James remarks that he thinks it'll be Logan... Whilst crouching right next to him. Later, Gustavo and Griffin remark that they thought Logan would be the one kicked out of the band, Griffin going so far as to use the intercom so that Logan would hear him.
- Logan was also sat on by Gustavo and ran over by a horde of fangirls. Boy can't catch a break.
- In "Big Time Break", Logan goes through a lot of trouble just to get a lecture from his favorite math celebrity teacher just to find out she's a crazy feminist and, latter, getting beaten up by a bunch of girls.
- In "Welcome Back Big Time", Logan does several weeks of school work in a day - not just his own, but the rest of the group's too. All James and Kendall do is something very minute so they could claim the work was their own, but Carlos just signs his name.
- Somehow their teacher doesn't put 2 and 2 together when Carlos' project includes a working laser.
- In "Big Time Moms," it is revealed that Logan's real name is Hortense, but James' mother makes him change it.
- In Big Time Movie Logan gets shot by tranquilizing dart guns... three times.
- In "Big Time Pranks", the guys hold a prank contest among all of the Palm Woods tenants and Logan is the first one to be disqualified. Funny thing is, nobody even pranks him, he actually pranks himself.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He can be this for Camille. In "Big Time Secrets", he started stalking Kendall and Camille because he thought they were secretly dating. He literally became Ax-Crazy and started chasing them with an ax-shaped guitar.
- The Ditherer: Lampshaded in "Big Time Songwriters."Carlos: Okay, then you pick the song. Which one is better, Logan? The "O Song," or the "Yeah Song"?Logan: You guys, I'd really rather not get into the middle of this, so um...Carlos: Big surprise. Logan doesn't want to make a decision!
- Embarrassing First Name: Logan's first name is Hortense. Thank goodness for James' mom.Kendall: Me, Carlos and Hortense are here to see James.Mrs. Diamond: I don't like the name Hortense. Call him Logan from now on.
- Not So Above It All: Even thought he is the smartest of the group and wants to shape himself into the responsible one, he is not free of being impulsive or clumsy as well.
- Played by Carlos Pena Jr.
- Agent Mulder: He believes in almost anything. He even bought bottles of Zom-be-gone to protect himself from a zombie apocalypse.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: In "Big Time Halloween", Gustavo's machine briefly turns him into a beauty queen.
- Big Eater: He is always seen with a corndog or getting very excited when food is mentioned.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He goes around with his helmet and throws himself into Shenanigans on daily basis. When he is trying to be the voice of reason, you know that the situation is out of control.
- One example is that his life dream is to be a superhero.
- For his Earth Day project, his idea (and James') was to have a cow in every house. Miss Collins immediately rejected their project.
- Companion Cube: His helmet.
- Hollywood Dateless: Even thought he is attractive, nice and is part of a very popular boyband, most of the episodes he is either looking for a girlfriend or trying to impress The Jennifers.
- Keet: He is the most hyper of the group. Gustavo has to change the break-up song into a happy one because Carlos was too cheerful to sing it.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: He's the shortest of the guys which is ironic because he's the oldest of the four at 22, but he's also the toughest.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Corndogs.
- Played by James Maslow
- Afraid of Needles: The only way he got over this was because his allergy bloated him in horrifying levels.
- Catch-Phrase: "She will be MINE!" whenever there's a pretty girl he's interested in (mostly directed at Lucy).
- The Ditz/Brainless Beauty: Downplayed. He falls pretty easy on scams (for example the fan who ended up kidnapping and locking him in a basement) and isn't very academically smart, as he only cares about his looks.
- Drama Queen: He tends to react like this a lot, like the time Lucy Frienzoned him the first time around, or when he started to apply Magazine-Tests on Kendall, reacting like they were in a relationship.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Lampshaded in "Big Time Christmas." In the animated music video with Snoop Dog, the band is depicted as squirrels, but James is the only one with eyelashes.
- Hidden Depths: In "Big Time Fans", James works out in front of pictures of his heroes: David Hasselhoff, Mahatma Gandhi, and Abraham Lincoln.
- I Just Want to Be Special: He is the most interested in becoming famous in the pilot.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Since he views Katie as his own sister as well, he gets very overprotective when she goes on a date with another guy.
- Narcissist: He tends to think only of himself.
- Papa Wolf: Towards Katie. He acts even more like a jealous big brother than Kendall himself.
Around The Palmwoods
- Played by Ciara Bravo
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Averted. She and Kendall actually have a good relationship with one another, as she does with the rest of the members of BTR.
- Beware the Cute Ones: Do not mess with this girl. When she gets in the mood or has been crossed, she could make Meagan Parker look like an angel by comparison.
- Big Brother Worship: Unlike many brother-sister bickering dynamics in sitcoms, Kendall and Katie have the best on-screen sibling relationship and aid each other with their schemes. Katie often calls Kendall "Big Brother" with affection.
- Disappeared Dad: Since Kendall and Katie set dates for their mom, it's assumed their father is either divorced or gone. Nobody talks about him
- Foil: To both Kendall and her mom. She is the only one in the family who adapts quickly to the competitive and business-focused Hollywood, while they keep their Minnesota lifestyle views. Still, they are very close as a family and can work their way out of any situation.
- Guile Heroine: She is equally as ambitious and manipulative as Bitters, or even Griffin, but her heart is in good place.
- Improbable Age: One episode has her put in charge of the label, which she is exceptional at.
- Leitmotif: A mockingly sweet melody. Also used with some other characters, however.
- Not So Above It All: Even thought she is unbelievably independent and smart, she still is a 13 year old kid and has moments of immaturity. This is shown whenever she has to learn that her mother still knows better than her in other aspects.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: She's highly aware of this and knows how to use them.
- Played by Katelyn Tarver
- Career Versus Man: When Jo is introduced, she tries to avoid relationships to focus on her acting career, but she ends up dating Kendall anyway. During their relationship, many episodes showcased how they succeded in keeping their relationship despite having very tight schedules. Jo eventually gets offered a 3-year gig in New Zeland and is torn between taking it or staying with Kendall, with him later encouraging her to follow her dreams. She returns earlier anyway and they rekindle their relationship.
- Cute Bruiser: Trained in Judo, flips Kendall over her shoulder several times without appearing strained.
- First Girl Wins: An entire episode is dedicated to Kendall choosing between her and Lucy. He chooses Jo.
- Girl Next Door: Introduced as/fantasized as such, but subverted by her career-oriented ambition and subsequent success making her less "accessible."
- Girlfriend in Canada: She claims she has a boyfriend named "Travis" back in North Carolina so Kendall won't flirt with her. Once Kendall realizes and starts to test her, she hires a guy to pretend to be "Travis", but it fails immediately.
- Hypocrite: Calls Kendall out for being jealous of her completely professional relationship with Jet yet 4 episodes prior she was jealous of Kendall helping Jordin Sparks Note
- Official Couple: With Kendall.
- Only Sane Woman: Between Camille's Large Ham moments and the boys being the crazy bunch, Jo is often relegated to be this.
- Put on a Bus: Breaks up with Kendall to pursue an acting gig in New Zealand.
- The Bus Came Back: Just in time to find Kendall and Lucy making out in the elevator.
- Romantic Interest: She is introduced to have the boys fight over who impresses her first. Then she becomes Kendall's girlfriend two episodes later.
- Those Two Girls: She and Camille become best friends and are often hanging out when their are not working or with their boyfriends.
- Played by Erin Sanders
- Beta Couple: With Logan.
- The Glomp: She has the habit of welcoming Logan with a Tackle-Hug. In "Big Time Returns", Logan's subplot has him trying to get Camille to tackle him and her trying to resist the temptation of doing it.
- Just Friends: She and James only kissed because they got too into character while practicing for a role, not because there was any attraction. They promptly feel horrified and guilty by this and try to find a way to tell Logan.
- Large Ham: In-Universe. She tends to exagerate on her dramatic scenes.
- Method Acting: In-Universe, which is also her main forte, but it's also why she keeps flunking her auditions (In one occasion she brought explosives for her witch character).
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: The Energetic Girl to Logan’s Savvy Guy.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Literally how her relationship with Logan works. She always slaps him (for auditions, but still) and in the drop of the hat they flip to Make-Out Kids.
- Straight Man: In later seasons, she becomes less hammy and more sensible and mature than Logan.
- Sure, Let's Go with That: She purposely sabotaged Logan's turn to flirt with Jo by smooching him for an audition.Kendall: One Tree Hill?Camille: Sure, Let's Go with That.
- Those Two Girls: She and Jo become best friends and are often hanging out when their are not working or with their boyfriends.
- Played by Denyse Tontz as Jennifer 1, Spencer Locke/Kelli Goss as Jennifer 2, Savannah Jayde as Jennifer 3
- Alpha Bitch: The three of them have ruled Palm Woods by being mean to the newbies to "mark territory".
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Played with. Jennifer 1 is Brunette, Jennifer 2 is Blonde, Jennifer 3 is African-American with black or auburn-ish hair, depending on how she has it done.
- The Fashionista: The three of them. Averted when Jennifer 1 is separated from the others, Carlos is told that the three of them help each other, reason why she was acting strange during their prom date.
- Girl Posse: So much that they can't keep balance if the group is incomplete. When Jennifer 2 was absent, they completed the trio by replacing her with Carlos.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Even thought Carlos is no geek (but very hyper instead), they consider him the "better option" compared to the other guys, given their ridiculous high standards.
- Hidden Depths: Even thought they are snobby and divas, they do have soft spots for Carlos, with blonde and brunette/Latina Jennifer dating him at some point or another.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: They can be completely mean and controlling, but they do have soft spots.
- Mama Bears: They warned Carlos about breaking Brunette Jennifer's heart and the subsiding consequences.
- One Steve Limit: Triple averted with them, and that's also why they are called "The Jennifers". Also with Kendall's mom.
- Put on a Bus:
- In "Big Time Fever", Jennifer 2 (Spencer Locke) was away. This becomes a plot point of the episode, making Carlos fill the void. It's never stated in later episodes if Jennifer 2 (Kelli Goss) is that same character or another blonde girl also named Jennifer.
- They are notably absent during most of Season 4 until the final chapter, except for Jennifer 1, who is replaced by a cardboard cutout carried by the other two. According to them, she had to stay longer on the movie they were filming overseas during the season.
- Romantic False Lead: Carlos has been trying to be the boyfriend of either of them for three seasons. Each one gets to date him at different points, but ultimately he chooses Alexa Vega, who he met that day.
- Token Trio: Jennifer 1 is implied to be latina, Jennifer 2 is blonde and Jennifer 3 is african-american.
- Played by David Cade
- Actor Shipping: Invoked. Jet tries to pull this with Jo so he can get even more publicity for New Town High.
- Attention Whore: Adores publicity, no matter what's the subject.
- Arc Villain: For Kendall and Jo's relationship, but the rivalry was in it's prime enough to make him...
- Big Bad: For season two.
- Brainless Beauty: You thought James was vain? Jett is Ten times worse. Instead of helping Kendall on their school project, he wasted resources, time and made himself a big cardboard box to pose as a Ken doll.
- The Ditz: He has absolutely no interest for anything outside of his appearance. In the Finale, he completely forgot the Tween Choice Awards date, missing also his nomination for "Perfect Hair".
- Evil Counterpart: To Kendall and James. While Kendall is smart, a loyal friend and loving boyfriend, Jett is completely egocentric, dumb, selfish (almost like James but without his good attributes) and only wants to hook-up with Jo for publicity.
- Jerk Jock: Acts like one.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: In Big Time Sneakers he actually worked with Jo's publicist to try to strong arm Kendall and Jo into breaking up, or else they will ruin Jo's job on New Town High.
- Romantic False Lead: To Jo.
- Sixth Ranger: In Enemy Mine sistuations
Lucille "Lucy" Stone
- Played by Malese Jow
- Asian and Nerdy: Her parents think that she is this as a classically trained concert violinist. In reality, she averts this trope.
- Be Careful With That Ax: She has a guitar with an ax blade on it. Logan steals it when he thinks Kendall and Camille are dating.
- Freaky Fashion, Mild Mind: Lucy has dyed red streaked hair and dresses like a stereotypical rocker chick, but is really quite friendly.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With James in season 4. At 5'3 Malese is the shortest of the adult female cast and at 6'1 James is the tallest of the male.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She left Palm Woods to allow Jo and Kendall to rekindle their relationship and didn't make drama for it.
- She did write a song about Kendall dumping her for Jo in "Big Time Swifted" and eventually moved back into the Palm Woods.
- Only Sane Man: In "Big Time Lies" she says that guys are all weird.
- The Rockstar: In a subversion, she's fairly level-headed.
- Romantic False Lead: She was starting a relationship with Kendall, until Jo came back unexpectedly.
- Ship Tease: After she returns, with James.
- Played by Challen Cates
- Almighty Mom: Even Katie knows there're things her mom does better than her.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The redhead to Brooke Diamond's blonde and Sylvia and Joanna's brunettes.
- Foil: To Katie. While she is a lovable mom who sometimes goes into My Beloved Smother, Katie is very independent and ambicious, which clashes with her way to do things in life.
- Good Parents: For a single mother watching 5 kids, 3 of whom aren't hers, she does a pretty amazing job. She's protective, supportive, and caring to all of them, and treats James, Carlos, and Logan as her own.
- Last-Name Basis: Aside from Kendall and Katie (they call her "Mom"), everyone else always refers to her as "Mrs. Knight" or "Mama Knight". Whether this is avoid confusion with The Jennifers is anyone's guess. Her first name was used once by James' mom.
- Mama Bear: She beat up another mom because she insulted Katie.
- Minnesota Nice: Tries to adapt to LA while still being nice, but doesn't always work.
- Parental Substitute: To James, Logan, and Carlos.
- Played by David Anthony Higgins
- Butt-Monkey: He is one of the most frequent victims of the boys' shenanigans in Palm Woods.
- The Chew Toy: As recurring Butt-Monkey, he is also pronte to receive all the physical suffering (Jenny once stabbed his hand with a pen).
- Evil Laugh: A Running Gag is that everything happens to him in the midle of his Evil Gloating Laugh.
- Fat Bastard: During his Jerkass moments.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Katie, since she seems to hang out more with grown-ups than with kids her age.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While he is greedy and unsympathetic to his clients, he also has his moments towards the boys or Katie.
- Momma's Boy: He adores his mom, reason why he tries to pretend he has a family, just so she won't get dissapointed on him.
- Played by Daran Norris
- Almighty Janitor: Played with. He is very capable and has many hidden depths, but his communication skills are average and he is not very smart.
- Ax-Crazy: Played with. He used an ax to cut a doughnut in half, which causes Mrs. Knight to think he is this.
- Companion Cube: With Plungie.
- Easy Amnesia: When Ms. Knight accidentally hits him with a pan, he starts believing he is the Fairy Godparent Cosmo.
- Face of a Thug: When moving into Palm Woods, Mrs. Knight thought he was an Ax-Crazy serial killer after seing him in very unlikely situations. It took her a while to realize he was the maintenance guy.Katie: My mom thinks you're an ax maniac.Budda Bob: That explains why she screams everytime she sees me.
- Hidden Depths: In Big Time Wedding Buddha Bob reveals that he's a great cook, mechanic, teller of make-believe stories and can re-tile a bathroom.
- Nice Guy: He is pretty nice and friendly to everyone, even Bitters.
- Played by Tara Strong
- Beware the Nice Ones: She doesn't care about producers, as Gustavo well knows.
- Cool Teacher: She is a very nice and charming teacher only if you behave in class.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She understands when Logan prefers to delay their project so he could tutor properly his partner and concedes them the extension.
- Stern Teacher: While she knows her students are also busy celebrities, she will put their education above everything, even over their careers.
- Played by Barnett O'Hara
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: In Season 3
- The Bus Came Back: Appeared in few episodes in the last two seasons.
- Played by Tucker Albrizzi
Rocque Records and associates
- Played by Stephen Kramer Glickman
- Bad Boss: He is constantly screaming at people. How bad of a boss? With only the mention of his name, Nicole Scherzinger threw a telephone at him for "creative differences".
- The Chew Toy: He gets beaten up, suffers from frequent rage induced high blood-pressure (courtesy of Kendall) and he once even got hit by Snoop Dog's limousine, getting away with few bruises and a lot of bandages
- Hates Everyone Equally: Lampshaded by Katie.Katie: Don't you need to be in love to write a love song? You're not wearing a ring and... Don't you hate every living thing?
- Hot-Blooded: His rage induced moments (mostly caused by Kendall) can cause an earthquake of 5.5
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He clearly grows to care about the guys and even Katie, eventually admitting that he loved them.
- Large Ham: And How! All of his lines are delivered with screams.
- Made of Iron: He got hit by a Snoop Dog's limousine in the Christmas episode and by a bus twice in "Big Time Scandal" and came out both with minor injuries and a lot of bandages.
- No Indoor Voice: He shouts whenever he is angry or annoyed... which makes it an everyday ocurrence.
- Pet the Dog/Kick the Dog: He literally calls the boys "Dogs" (or "Monkey-dogs"), and alternates between these two.
- He literally calls "Throw the Dog a Bone" when he lets the boys keep their remodeled crib.
- The emergency password to his secret vault is "My Dogs" with the hint being "Something You Love".
- Record Producer: From the Producer from Hell kind, but played for laughs. All his former artists grew to hate him due to his bad temper. Kelly points out that Big Time Rush is the first group Gustavo grew to like. Later he grows into Acrimony Producer after he and the boys get along better and Griffin becomes more antagonistic.
- Would Hit a Girl: With comedic purposes about his interactions with Kelly.
- Well, in that episode, Kelly was "Gustavo".
- Played by Tanya Chisholm
- Beleaguered Assistant: On Gustavo's worst moments.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She nice but can be very fierce if pushed. Then again it's the entertainment business, so she'd have to be.
- Mama Bear: Towards the boys. She once snapped when Gustavo decided to break Carlos' heart by hiring an actress just so he could sing properly a break-up song. Her response? She threatened to smash with a baseball bat each one of his trophies if Carlos got hurt in any way.
- Morality Pet: To Gustavo occasionally.
- Parental Substitute: She acts very maternal towards the boys and will protect them if they're threatened.
- Promotion to Opening Titles: Season two and beyond.
- Servile Snarker: She didn't need to be one to be Gustavo's assistant, but it sure helps!
- Straight Man: Mostly outruled when the boys and Gustavo enter crazy mode.
- Played by Matt Riedy
- Cloudcuckoolander: Mercedes once said her father loved Lolo, the chimp, more than her.
- And the chimp was the music inspector.
- Later Griffin demotes Lolo to Nuclear Missiles inspector.
- And the chimp was the music inspector.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Even played with in Big Time Halloween. His supernatural alter ego was basically himself, but with a red suit.
- Doting Parent: He spoiled Mercedes a lot.
- Heel–Face Revolving Door: And around and around and around he goes! One episode he can be the happy-cuckoolander boss, and the next episode he would want to close Roque Records unless they make more money for him.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: It comes and goes.
- Played by Stephen Keys
- The Big Guy: Of Gustavo's employees. He is "The guy who makes people do as Gustavo says". Carlos ocassionally enjoys the free rides on his shoulder.
- Gentle Giant: Despite being the big bodyguard in charge of dragging the boys to work, he is very insightful and well mannered, unlike Gustavo.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: They only refer to him as "Freight Train", which is very unlikely that it's his real name.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Outside from his intimidating appearance, admits he would be touched by the new song if he were a girl.
- Played by Carlie Casey
- Consummate Liar: She lied the boys about being the musical-hit advisor so she could date each of them. When she actually tells her dad the truth, Griffin's first reaction is to verify with the others.Griffin: Is all that true? Because she lies. A lot.
- Expy: Of Missy Meany. Justified as the same actress plays both characters.
- Freudian Excuse: She attributes her mean and spoiled attitude to Parental Neglect, as she even states her dad loves his chimp more than her.
- It's All About Me: The reason she did not pick James as her boyfriend was because she would never date a guy prettier than her. James pretty much was happy with that.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: After her outburst when Kendall tells her off, she returns to apologise and make mends by telling them how Griffin could pick them for the album release.
- Played by Phil LaMarr
- Animal Motifs: He tries to make the Hawk his signature style, even thought nobody likes the "Caw!!" schtick.
- Arch-Nemesis: To Gustavo.
- Big Bad: Of season one.
- Deal with the Devil: With James, Hawk is the devil of the deal in Big Time Concert.
- From Bad to Worse: In Big Time Superheroes.
- Large Ham: Even bigger than Gustavo.
- Played by Lorenzo Lamas
- Bad Liar: While trying to help Logan with his lie, he panics and makes the situation even worse by saying "It's serious".
- The Ditz: He is very absent minded on duty.
- The Mentor: He sees a lot of potential in Logan as a future doctor and tries to convince him to work full time on the career (which also meant that he would have less time for the band). After that, he still gets along well with Logan.
- Played by Sammy Jay Wren
- Born Unlucky: The boys know Jenny had this since kindergarten. James needed stitches in his arm for a papercut.
- British Rock Star: She becomes the new lead singer of Death Smash because of her destructive talent and potential as the new Face of the Band.
- The Bus Came Back/Ascended Extra: She started as a minor character who was rejected in the auditions of the pilot. She returns a season later in "Big Time Fans", as Carlos promised to help her in her singing career.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Everywhere she goes, something is going to break or someone is going to the hospital.
- Even after setting the building on fire four times, the guys find it impossible to reject her and stomp on her dream.
- Large Ham: Especially when she sings.
- Minnesota Nice: She is as cute and nice as she is lethal.
- The Smurfette Principle: When she joins Death Smash. The other two members are big badass rockers (who secretly hated their original leader for making them smash guitars and fake their accents).
- Played by Erik Estrada and Jill-Michele Melean
- Bumbling Dad: He takes his job very seriously, even to apply it on his son's daily tasks.
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: Although Officer Garcia is always missing a good-cop partner.
- Like Father, Like Son: Both of them are impulsive, reckless and carry their helmets everywhere.
- Papa Wolf: Back when Carlos was little, Officer Garcia lined up an interrogation session to find out who stole Carlos' lollipop, prompting the guilty kid to faint under the pressure.
- Played by Brian McGovern and Lisa Rina
- Almighty Mom/Evil Matriarch: To the point where the only time she didn't get what she planned was because the other three moms teamed against her.
- She even got the boys to enroll to ballet instead of hockey and got them to call Logan by that name rather than by his given name, Hortense (this one turned out to be for good).
- The Baroness: She's known as "Estee Lauder of the Midwest" for being a prominent makeup mogul.
- May–December Romance: James tells his father remarried to a 19 year old, and that's why his mother won't talk to him anymore.
- My Beloved Smother: Very much.
- Tsundere: His mother's reason to take James with her again is because she plans for him to take over the business, but in reality she just misses him a lot.
BeauLucy's ex-boyfriend from Georgia. Shortly before she moved to California, she broke up with him when she discovered he was cheating on her.
Simon LaneA rouge secret agent, who stole a anti gravity device from Atticus Moon, setting the events of the movie in motion. He is unconscious for most of the movie.
- Expy: Do I have to say it?
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Went rouge and was hunted like a criminal by the time the movie began.
Penny LaneA spy in training, and Simon's daughter. When her father goes rogue, she attempts to clear his name and runs into the boys along the way.
Atticus MoonOne of the richest men in England, who blames the worlds problems on international disagreements and thus wants to start a revolution.
- Arch-Enemy: To Simon Lane.
- Expy: Of Bond Villains, but lets face it he's no Dr. Evil.
- Karmic Death: Implied. If you give the logical circumstances, if the beetle releases him, he'd fall to his death; if not, he'd likely float out of the earth's atmosphere. Then again, The Movie is a homage of James Bond films and how many Bond villains do you know that live?
- Knight of Cerebus: Doesn't act like one but lets analyze - His evil plan would have resulted in countless deaths and/or injuries of people around the world, his henchmen appeared to have guns, and we don't know what he would've done to Katie after he abducted her. Also lets come to terms with the possibility that he and some of his henchmen where some of the first villains to die on this show.
- Add to it he's the first real threat the show has seen. Hawk may have been a nasty person, but he was just threatening a boy band. Moon? He threatened the entire world.
- Right-Hand Cat: Played for laughs as he always wants a cat in his hands at the right times and his henchmen apparently have a cat on hand at all times.
- Spoiled Brat: Acts like one at times
- Atticus Moon: I always get what I want.
- Villain with Good Publicity: At first.