open/close all folders
Other Recurring Characters
Beginning in Lincle
, the player is given an in-game avatar, otherwise known as a "Q-pro". In Lincle
, it appears in Standard Mode during songs, fighting Random Encounters
and bosses. In tricoro
, it only shows up in-song during Lincle
boss songs, but now on the results screen
, each of the player rivals' Q-pros appears alongside him or her.
Additionally, in tricoro
, the player's Q-pro is the protagonist of a series of event arcs set in Tricoro City.
- It's a Wonderful Failure:
- In Lincle, if the player fails the song on a Easy or Normal gauge, the Q-pro is knocked out of the screen.
- In tricoro, it does its crying animation when its corresponding player is bested by a rival, or if the player fails a Dani'nintei course.
- Japanese Honorifics: The Professor always addresses the Q-pro with "-kun", regardless of what gender it is.
- Late for School: One of the possible Q-pro accessories is a piece of toast in its mouth.
- Virtual Paper Doll: The player can dress the Q-pro in all kinds of different outfits, from original combinations to parts based on boss characters, to looking like a jubeat machine.
The Extra Stage bosses of beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD
, based after The Four Gods
The Cardinal Gate bosses in general provade examples of:
True identity: DJ YOSHITAKA
True identity: wac
Track: "waxing and wanding"
True identity: Ryu☆
Track: "華蝶風雪" (Kachoufusetsu; lit. "The flower and butterfly snowstorm")
True identity: Tatsh
Track: "嘆きの樹" (Nageki no Ki; lit. "Tree of Lament")
True identity: dj TAKA
Military Splash # 02
The second half of beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS's Military Splash Extra Stage system features boss characters for each of its songs.
A group of nine bosses in beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle
, representing the Seven Deadly Sins
The Lincle Kingdom bosses in general provide examples of:
- Boss Rush: The bosses come back in the BGA for "Devilz Staircase" in tricoro, where all of them except for Neulakyussra and Cuvele/Cuvelia put in a reappearance.
- Guide Dang It: The requirements for each boss, especially the Phase 2 bosses, can demand some serious guide-binging.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad
- Seven Deadly Sins
Lincle Kingdom was split into two phases, with Phase 2 unlocking some time after Phase 1.
Track: "The Sampling Paradise"
True identity: kors k
. He takes the form of a middle-aged businessman.
True identity: Asaki
. She takes the form of a succubus in a bikini.
Track: "In the Blackest Den"
True identity: 96
. It takes the form of three gears spinning together.
Track: "聖人の塔" (Seijin no Tou - lit. "Tower of Saints")
True identity: PRASTIK DANCEFLOOR
. She takes the form of a mech with a scythe, and is the final boss of Lincle Kingdom Phase 1
- Continuing Is Painful: If you fail to defeat her (clear her track), you lose all of your feathers and have to unlock her again.
- Disc One Final Boss: She is fought after obtaining feathers from the previous three bosses, which can be earned by fulfilling particularly Nintendo Hard requirements.
True identity: TOMOSUKE
. Rche takes the form of a feminine-looking
True identity: Ryu* and Starving Trancer
. Levaslater takes the form of a dragon mech
- Dual Boss: "NNRT" is composed by two people. This is represented by Levaslater's left and right halves each having their own personalities.
- Stylistic Suck: His profile / song info page has the sound production information written as if he wrote it, and it looks very childish; it consists of him, among other things, proclaming to his mother that he wrote a new beatmania song.
Track: "The Limbo"
True identity: Tatsh
. He takes the form of a demon with red and black armor.
True identity: L.E.D.
Doesn't represnt one of the Seven Deadly Sins; instead he represents Apocalypse
. He is the true form of STN.
He is a massive demon infused with the power of all seven of the Deadly Sins. Like with Beridzebeth, he must be unlocked by obtaining bosses from the prior Phase 2 bosses.
Cuvelia / Cuvele
Track: "天空の夜明け" (Tenkuu no Yoake - lit. "Dawn of the Sky")
True identity: dj TAKA
The Final Boss
of the Lincle Kingdom extra stage system, representing Rebirth
. Cuvelia is an angelic goddess-like being who resides within the mech Cuvele.
- The Cameo: The head of Cuvele looks exactly like the head of the robot dog DJ from SIRIUS.
- Final Boss
continues the tradition of unlock systems with Excuse Plots
. This time, the player's Q-pro is involved in three different events: Legend Cross, Omega Attack, and Bokura no Uchuu Sensou ("Our War of the Worlds").
Legend Cross bosses provide examples of:
- Lost Forever: The event closed on December 5, 2012.
- No Name Given: So far, Konami has not named any of the Legend Cross bosses.
- Recurring Boss: Each boss was listed twice. You had to defeat it on one listing without using any chart-altering modifiers, and on the other listing with the Random modifier activatednote .
Lupika and Repika
Track: "Proof of the existence"
The Final Bosses of Omega Attack
. You encounter them in Omega Attack's final unlockable song, "Proof of the existence", as well as in a cutscene after unlocking the song's Another chart.