open/close all folders
Other Recurring Characters
Q-proBeginning in Lincle, the player is given an in-game avatar, otherwise known as a "Q-pro". In Lincle, it appears in Standard Mode during songs, fighting Random Encounters and bosses. In tricoro and SPADA, it only shows up in-song during select boss songs, but now on the results screen, each of the player rivals' Q-pros appears alongside him or her.Additionally, in tricoro onwards, the player's Q-pro is the protagonist of a series of event arcs.
- Batter Up: One of the weapon options is a nail bat.
- Cute and Psycho: One of the face options, "rapika2", gives the Q-pro a shadowy smile.
- High School A.U.: Step Up mode in tricoro puts your Q-pro in the role of a Japanese high school student.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Completing all three "years" of Step Up grants you some Q-pro parts as a reward.
- It's a Wonderful Failure:
- In Lincle, if the player fails the song on a Easy or Normal gauge, the Q-pro is knocked out of the screen.
- In tricoro, it does its crying animation when its corresponding player is bested by a rival, or if the player fails a Dani'nintei course.
- Japanese Honorifics: The Professor always addresses the Q-pro with "-kun", regardless of what gender it is.
- Late for School: One of the possible Q-pro accessories is a piece of toast in its mouth.
- Player Character
- Virtual Paper Doll: The player can dress the Q-pro in all kinds of different outfits, from original combinations to parts based on boss characters, to looking like a jubeat machine.
The Extra Stage bosses of beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD, based after The Four Gods.
The Cardinal Gate bosses in general provade examples of:
- Track: "CONTRACT"True identity: DJ YOSHITAKA
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Red/orange.
- Track: "Ganymede"True identity: wac
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Green.
- Track: "waxing and wanding"True identity: Ryu☆
- Track: "華蝶風雪" (Kachoufusetsu; lit. "The flower and butterfly snowstorm")True identity: Tatsh
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Purple.
- Track: "嘆きの樹" (Nageki no Ki; lit. "Tree of Lament")True identity: dj TAKA
Military Splash # 02
The second half of beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS's Military Splash Extra Stage system features boss characters for each of its songs.
The Military Splash #02 bosses provide examples of:
ICAROS (form: Eagle)
- Track: "ICARUS"True identity: kors k
- Giant Flyer: basically intended to be a mecha version of this.
L.I・O-N (form: Lion)
- Track: "four pieces of heaven"True identity: dj TAKA
SASORIN (form: Scorpion)
- Track: "STEEL NEEDLE"True identity: L.E.D.
- Scary Scorpions: Mechanical ones, anyway.
XIK-O6R (form: Kraken)
- Track: "Do it!! Do it!!"True identity: Ryu☆
MENDES (form: Humanoid)
- Track: "MENDES"True identity: DJ YOSHITAKA
A group of nine bosses in beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle, representing the Seven Deadly Sins.
The Lincle Kingdom bosses in general provide examples of:
- Boss Rush: The bosses come back in the BGA for "Devilz Staircase" in tricoro, where all of them except for Neulakyussra and Cuvele/Cuvelia put in a reappearance.
- Guide Dang It: The requirements for each boss, especially the Phase 2 bosses, can demand some serious guide-binging.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad
- Seven Deadly Sins
- Track: "The Sampling Paradise"True identity: kors k
- Art Evolution / Hotter and Sexier: In "Devilz Staircase", he looks very different, looking younger and a lot more handsome.
- Cast From Money: His attack animation (your miss animation) consists of him throwing money at you.
- Track: "Scharfrichter"True identity: Asaki
- Track: "In the Blackest Den"True identity: 96
- Track: "聖人の塔" (Seijin no Tou - lit. "Tower of Saints")True identity: PRASTIK DANCEFLOOR
- Continuing Is Painful: If you fail to defeat her (clear her track), you lose all of your feathers and have to unlock her again.
- Disc One Final Boss: She is fought after obtaining feathers from the previous three bosses, which can be earned by fulfilling particularly Nintendo Hard requirements.
- Track: "Todestrieb"True identity: TOMOSUKE
- Ambiguous Gender: Rche's gender is a matter of debate. It doesn't help that supplemental material censor out references to their gender. However, it's strongly believed that Rche is male, with the male symbol bellybutton tattoo being a strong hint.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Gratuitous German: Rche's profile / song info page has the sound production information written in German rather than Japanese.
- One-Winged Angel: Rche's attack consists of their head turning into a goat's head and then blasting the player.
- Zettai Ryouiki: A variation using short shorts.
- Track: "NNRT"True identity: Ryu* and Starving Trancer
- Dual Boss: "NNRT" is composed by two people. This is represented by Levaslater's left and right halves each having their own personalities.
- Stylistic Suck: His profile / song info page has the sound production information written as if he wrote it, and it looks very childish; it consists of him, among other things, proclaming to his mother that he wrote a new beatmania song.
- Track: "The Limbo"True identity: Tatsh
- One-Winged Angel: He transforms into Neulakyussra in "YAKSHA".
- Satan: Remove the A's and you get "STN".
- Track: "YAKSHA"True identity: L.E.D.
Cuvelia / Cuvele
- Track: "天空の夜明け" (Tenkuu no Yoake - lit. "Dawn of the Sky")True identity: dj TAKA
tricoro continues the tradition of unlock systems with Excuse Plots. This time, the player's Q-pro is involved in three different events: Legend Cross, Omega Attack, and Bokura no Uchuu Sensou ("Our War of the Worlds").
Legend Cross bosses provide examples of:
- Lost Forever: The event closed on December 5, 2012.
- No Name Given: So far, Konami has not named any of the Legend Cross bosses.
- Recurring Boss: Each boss was listed twice. You had to defeat it on one listing without using any chart-altering modifiers, and on the other listing with the Random modifier activatednote .
Lupika and Repika
- Track: "Proof of the existence"
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.