The Residents of Discount Zoo.
Prozac Bear(Color: Teal, Insignia: green/yellow capsule): The de facto leader of the bunch. Relentlessly cheerful... until his meds run out.
- Beware the Nice Ones - Don't let him get off his meds.
- Hulking Out
- Jekyll & Hyde
- The Pollyanna: Though, as a result of Evil's actions, he's starting to slip into Knight in Sour Armor.
- Sanity Slippage
- Team Mom
- Unstoppable Rage
Evil Bear(Light gray, red inverted pentagram): Jerk Ass. Tends to smash things when upset.
- Child Hater
- Cute Little Fangs - The only bear who seems to have fangs rather than more standard cartoon teeth.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Distressed Dude - Oddly, he gets tied up and kidnapped about as often as any princess worth her salt.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sets a voodoo doll of himself on fire to save the zoo from his even-more-evil clone.
- Obviously Evil - Horns, fangs, red eyes, damn near an Evil Albino...
- Only Sane Man- The only one who expressed suspicion about Crack's new behavior, warning Prozac that things don't always turn out so great. Prozac dismisses him. If only he listened...
- Psychopathic Manchild
- Slasher Smile
Gay Bear(Yellow, purple rhinoceros): Fashionista, Homemaker, Fabulous. Not THAT kind of gay bear.
- Camp Gay
- Large Ham - When attempting to elicit sympathy from Lech and Prozac after an injury.
- Not to mention his wrestling debut as The Magnificent Flaming Ho.
- The Fashionista
- Transparent Closet
- Volleying Insults - Most of his conversations with Lech devolve into this.
- Unlimited Wardrobe / Limited Wardrobe - He has an impressive array of outfits... but he mostly seems to collect them, favoring a baby blue bowtie.
Lech Bear(Blue, panties): Bully, pervert, Gay's hated rival?
- A Man Is Not a Virgin - Tries hard to put up a ladies' man front. Word of God says he's all talk.
- Jerk Jock
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold - Lech taking the rap for the monkey, who is himself taking the rap for Evil and Nerd, knowing that bodily mutilation is on the line.
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- The Precious, Precious Car - Has a brief love affair with a zookeeper's Cool Car. Then crashes it into a wall.
- Villain Teamup - Forms Team Lecherous Evil with Evil Bear to get a bunch of children boozed up as a prank. They're also volleyball partners.
- Volleying Insults - With Gay
Gimp Bear(Brown with gimp mask, handcuffs): Silent, kindly medic with an implied kinky side; the most compassionate of the bears.
- Bondage Is Bad - Subverted - Gimp is one of the sweeter characters.
- Fridge Brilliance - That dawning realization that comes when you consider exactly -why- Gimp is trained in first aid...
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky - Occasionally shown or implied to partake in his uhm, hobbies, offscreen.
- The Medic
- Nice Guy
- The Voiceless - Almost always has his mouth zipped up.
Nerd Bear(Grey with glasses, hot dog): The wimpy fanboy of all things nerdly. A total weenie.
- Butt Monkey - They all get a taste, but Nerd ends up on the receiving end of slapstick most often.
- Cosplay Otaku Guy
- Nerd Glasses
- Revenge of the Nerd - Both to Evil and poor Steve, though he didn't mean for his revenge against the polar bears to get as messy as it did.
Death Bear(Dark grey, skull): Dark, broody, and mysterious. The least social, Death rarely appears except to fix the major screwups of his fellows.
- Badass - Can KO Evil in one hit.
- A Day in the Limelight
- Dark Is Not Evil - Despite his attitude and theme, he's actually a pretty decent guy.
- Out of Focus
- The Quiet One
- Team Dad - When Prozac's brand of discipline fails, the big guns come out.
- Touch of Death
Crack Bear(Green, syringe): Permanently in withdrawl, tweaked and stressed out.
- Ax-Crazy- When not hindered by his fears, Crack is rather terrifying.
- Cerebus Retcon - His constant nervous breakdowns are not Played for Laughs in Cracking The Surface when he goes into a trance and rips apart a goose in front of the zoo goers. And in Undiscovered Country, it's revealed that this is because he has come to associate the geese with the death of his mother and siblings.
- Cower Power
- Dark and Troubled Past - And how. Turns out, when he was a tiny cub, he thought he and his siblings were ready to head out on their own. Then a crocodile ate his brother and sister right in front of him. Then if that wasn't bad enough, shortly after, his mom had to leave to find food. But because she was in a hurry to get back to him, she fell prey to a hunter, leaving Crack all alone. Is it any wonder why the poor guy is such a nervous wreck?
- Face–Heel Turn: Has made this in Change Of Heart.
- Flat Character - He's constantly freaking out. That's all we know so far.
- It's All My Fault - Blames himself for the deaths of his siblings and mother.
- Nervous Wreck
- The Sociopath-Without his fears inhibiting him, Crack is easily the most sadistic bear of the bunch.
- Start of Darkness- The owl mentally healing himself of his phobias was the start of a horrific breakdown, resulting in Crack turning against the other bears. Seeing his family die as a very young child may have played a hand in it as well.
Tanked Bear(Red, mug of beer): Alcholic in a near-permanent state of intoxication. Good thing he's a cuddly drunk. The most outwardly affectionate of them all.
- Bear Hug - Pun aside, Tanked hands these out like candy.
- Beer Gasm
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Cuddle Bug
- The Alcoholic
- The Voiceless - It's unclear whether he -can't- talk or is simply too sloshed at all times.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot - Pick a strip. Any strip.
- Waterfall Puke
Vanity(Panda, blue star): Former superstar of the zoo. extremely vain and conceited.
Cara(Purple, tampon): Extremely moody.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The Light to her sister's Dark.
- Mood-Swinger: And how! Best exemplified here and here.
- Nice Girl: Seems to be a real sweetheart if one discounts the moodiness.