The characters of the BZPRPG
III are listed here.
open/close all folders
The Wanderer's Company
The Group As a Whole
- The Unchosen One: It is revealed that he is not one of the Chosen Six when they obtain Lewa's Stone, despite all the work he did in helping find them, and is replaced by Korero.
- Determinator: Played completely straight. Never gives up, never backs down, even when choosing between retreat or likely death.
Sulov Exile / Sulov Koskium
- All-Loving Hero: He loves everybody. Hiemalis, considering what he's done, included.
- Artificial Limb/Blade Below the Shoulder: Wears a shovel blade in place of his left hand.
- Bad Dreams: Has them a lot due both to internal conflict and, later, his Greatest Failure.
- Classical Anti-Hero
- The Dead Have Names: Invoked when he remembers the names of all deceased he knows and prays for them.
- Dishing Out Dirt: As a toa, he has extreme control over Earth.
- The Exile: Exiled from his village for breaking protocol.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Inverted. He's good, but his voice is bass.
- The Fettered: Draws resolve from his responsibility to everyone around him.
- Genius Bruiser: Extremely intelligent as well as physically powerful.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Sulov is good irregardless of losses in standing or loved ones.
- Lightning Bruiser: Played straight as a toa, as he is now fit enough to match untrained Po-Toa in strength, with armor design increasing his durability and speed.
- The Last DJ: Deconstructed. Sulov's determined to continue doing good in the Ussalry, which infuriates his superiors because of his poverty and the fact that he cannot be bought to become their servant or leave. So they just wait until they catch a defiance of rules by Koskium and use it as an excuse to banish him.
- Military Maverick: Also a deconstruction. The one time he breaks military protocol, he is harshly punished and forced to exit his own village.
- The Reliable One: The company trusts him to watch their collective backs because he is always looking out for them.
- Nerves of Steel
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished:
- Self-Made Man: He is the way he is because he worked to obtain all he has, whether it's weaponry, skill, or friendship.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: His most typical usage of his element is to create blades built of ceramic and earth instead of wood and metal.
- The Quiet One: Speaks two to three times a day at maximum.
- Walking Armory: His current arsenal includes two rahkstaffs, a saperka, a shovelhand, an HK45-counterpart, a knife, and a pickaxe.
Hau and Co.
The Group in its Entirety
A young toa of Lightning and martial artist seeking to find his own place on Mata Nui.
- Elemental Punch: A favorite move.
- Heroic Safe Mode: Faced with external attack, Hau turns from grinning jokester to a frighteningly detached combat machine.
- Hooks and Crooks: His Weapon of Choice (apart from martial artistry) is a hook and chain-though this usage is not that of an Improvised Weapon.
- Shock and Awe
- Skilled, but Naive: Hau's both a literally and figuratively lightning speedster Kung-Fu Kid who nearly kills people with his punches to the stomach on a near-daily basis-and yet he barely looked to see if any other beings were around before training (resulting in he and Kriigata nearly killing each other), ran into a fight at high speed based on none other than its sounds (resulting in him over-exerting himself and nearly fainting), and is highly inexperienced in pretty much everything except survival and fighting (resulting in him being pretty awkward for all his bravado).
- Stepford Smiler: Played with. He wears a signature Grin of Audacity and occasionally a Cheshire Cat Grin almost all the time as a type B, but the mask has dropped several times and the feelings behind it are occasionally genuine.
- Super Speed
Ussalry 7th Squadron
Former member. For more information, see The Wanderer's Company.
- The Obi-Wan: To Nova before founding and running CRANE Academy.
Rannin is a former mercenary, who, after meeting Bruntoa and heading to Ko-Wahi, ended up tagging along with the other Toa to the School, and became the janitor/caretaker. His most well-known traits are his metallic limbs, which are there due to an accident having crushed his real limbs a long time ago.
Former Aggressors and the Crew of the Fowadi
The Group as a Whole
"Hello there, all of you are now members of the new task force known as the Aggressors. Any questions?"
"Once I'm done with you, in about, ten minutes, tops. I will head back to my hut and go to sleep again. If there are any more interruptions, I will ignore them."
A Lieutenant in the Po-Koro Guard, Naona was the founder of the now disbanded Aggressors. The Toa of Stone is considered to be especially fearsome by those who work under her, and spends much of her time trying to complete all the administrative work that piles up onto her desk.
Jaliax the Fourth
Crew of the Infernavika
The Group in its Entirety
"It appears I did not fully understand your point o' view, other than it bein' four feet lower than mine."
"As I was saying, my name is Gunner. I'm a Toa of Air, I used to own the most profitable inn in Po-Koro, and am proficient in sword fighting, drink mixing, deal making and witty banter."
One of the first members to join the crew, Yasurek is an ex guard from Ko-koro. After leaving his job due to conflicts with the law, he ended up becoming a pirate. Suffers from self-esteem issues due to having trouble succeeding at anything.
- Blade on a Stick: His weapon of choice. Carries quite a few of them.
- Deadpan Snarker: As one of the sane members of the crew, it's only natural that he is also this.
- Insistent Terminology: Always refers to Lohkar as "Captain Lohkar Sir" as a remnant of his old military discipline.
- Javelin Thrower: Uses his spears in this way to block off the hatch to the below decks of the Infernavika.
- Odd Friendship: With Lasinia. They have plans to take over the world together some day.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Would be this, if he could actually succeed at things.
- Rousing Speech: To Lohkar, after the latter learns of Xa-koro's destruction.
- Walking Armory: Carries about 30 spears of various shapes and sizes on him, almost all in one large sheathe on his back. How that's physically possible is never brought up.
"Yay [Insert random subject here]!"
The Captain Aki Rua Doomslayer The First
Aki Rua the First
is a Toa of Oil PMC
currently servicing the Infernavika
. After drifting onto Mata Nui, he enlisted for a job in the crew and has been servicing it ever since as Plucky Comic Relief
(though he's trying to be taken a bit more seriously now). He is also one of its most Badass
- An Axe to Grind
- Extra Ore Dinary
- Flight, Strength, Heart: Perkahn is a very skilled fighter, has, of course, his powers over iron and the super speed that his mask grants him, has been noted to be a pretty fine tactician and has some basic knowledge of herbalism... and he can make a bottle of mead like no other on the island.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Perkahn, on his own, is one of the nicest characters in the BZPRPG, but legally, he's an exile and a criminal.
- Honor Before Reason: Subverted and played straight, depending on the situation. Perkahn does indeed generally have a tendency to go for doing the morally right thing, but that doesn't stop him from threatening Nikarra with torture and subsequently kidnapping her to lure out Dorian.
- I Just Want To Be Free: Perkahn has a tendency to break into monologues, especially mental ones, where he hopes to free himself from the lasting effects of the unfortunate circumstances that led him into exile.
- I Won't Say I'm Guilty
- Super Speed
- Token Good Teammate
Island Liberation Front
The Group as a Whole
Dark C Investigations
The Group in its Entirety
Jaliax the Seventh
" He didn't have any evidence that said the guy was guilty, he just looked suspicious. Not like he was some hideous old geezer, quite the opposite. He was almost too stunning. Like it was false."
- Affably Evil
- All Love Is Unrequited: Nikarra ditched him, Kynaera abandoned him after manipulating him into having his mind completely shattered, and he and Naara are the longest possible distance necessary for an LDR.
- Ambiguously Bi
- Anti-Hero: Swings between Types III and V depending on circumstance.
- Anti-Villain: Yeah. I know. It's complicated.
- Artificial Limbs: After Brykon's defeat at the hands of Dorian, the former decides to make an example out of him by destroying parts of his fingers. To compensate, Dorian created iron substitutes.
- An Arm and a Leg: Type 3, see above.
- Ax-Crazy: Heavily, heavily, heavily implied.
- Back from the Dead: He gets stabbed in the heart by Tillian and drags himself out of hell in a newer, far sexier body.
- Bastard Boyfriend: To Nikarra. Definitely. Want proof?
- Used her mainly for sexual purposes, probably raping her a few times
- Manipulated her emotions to fuel his Mark and give himself more time to live
- Regularly abused emotionally, encouraging an almost fanatical dependence on him before ditching her several times to do his own thing
- Still somehow forced her to do whatever he wanted and practically did all her thinking for her. In one particularly chilling scene, Nikarra peacefully asked Dorian when he was going to kill her. His answer? "Soon, if you keep on being such a good girl." Then they had sex. Yeah.
- Being Good Sucks
- Berserk Button: When someone tries to seduce HIM instead of the other way around, it's on.
- Black Sheep: Of Bad Company, and arguably the Mark Bearers.
- Blue and Orange Morality
- Bullying a Dragon: Besides Hiemalis, the only person to stand up to the ubersexy Heuani and live.
- Character Development: Because of Brykon, but don't point it out, or you'll get kicked in the freaking teeth.
- Clothes Make the Legend
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dissonant Serenity: Proceeds to get the living hell beat out of him by Krayzikk after a Mark Bearer kills his girl and just laughs it off while getting high off his own supply of Rage.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Has shown on several instances to be far more powerful than Brykon could even dream of, but remains a loyal second-in-command anyway.
- Easily Forgiven
- Emotion Eater: Specifically Rage.
- Enigmatic Minion
- Fight Magnet
- Fingore: Phalanges of three fingers - THREE - off by Brykon as punishment.
- Fool for Love
- Fully-Embraced Fiend
- Handsome Devil
- Heel-Face Revolving Door
- I Am a Monster
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: By Tillian.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: To Kynaera.
- Joker Immunity
- Icy Blue Eyes
- Karma Houdini: Hasn't really suffered any permanent consequences for...anything. Ever.
- Kick the Dog: Too many times to count.
- Kick Them While They Are Down: By Tillian after Dorian is almost completely bifurcated by Angelus
- Ladykiller in Love: With Naara and - to an extent - Kynaera.
- Large Ham
- Laser-Guided Karma: Averted, mainly because whenever he does get comeuppance for something it's almost impossible not to feel bad for him.
- Love Makes You Evil: Kynaera, Nikarra
- Love Redeems: Naara
- Make an Example of Them: Brykon does this by taking Dorian's mask, crushing it, and then chopping off three of Dorian's fingers at the intermediate phalanges so Dorian could no longer be considered a threat.
- Worth noting, however, that Brykon is being manipulated here: Mark Bearers can't actually use Kanohi anyway, and Dorian proceeded to generate an Anakin Skywalker-esque set of prosthetics that resulted in no loss of fighting prowess.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Murder Is the Best Solution
- Neck Snap: Dorian's favorite technique.
- Nobody Touches the Hair: When Brykon rips Dorian's jacket in their duel, Dorian's Mark activates and he proceeds to beat him within an inch of his life. Later became his mantra towards his golden scarf, which he picked up for an alias and has rarely taken off since.
- No Sense of Personal Space
- Pretty Boy
- Psychotic Manchild
- Red Baron: "Dor-Dor," "Dorable," "Doorhinge," "Doregano," and "Captain Cheekbones" are all pet names assigned by Grokk that have stuck in the hearts and minds of Bad Company's targets: Dorian's official title is the "Dapper Duelist" for his skill in gunplay.
- Red Oni: To Kynaera's Blue; oddly enough, he's also a rare case in which he's a Red Oni to Grokk's Red Oni, much to the chagrin of the rest of Bad Company.
- Secret Handshake: With Grokk.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Smug Smiler
- Start of Darkness: Kynaera treating him like crap for his self-sacrificial and pure tendencies.
- Suddenly Shouting
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- The Casanova
- The Dragon: Of Utu's group; later takes on the same role in Bad Company.
- The Stoner: Rolled up joints to calm his nerves throughout his tenure in Bad Company, and went on a monstrous hallucinogenic trip just before he hit bottom after the destruction of the Kumu Islets.
- Token Evil Teammate
- Troubled, but Cute
- Unexplained Recovery: Averted.
- Wicked Cultured
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
- Villainous Breakdown: When he thought that he'd killed the girlfriend he actually CARES about.
- Villainous Cheekbones
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Type 2, with Grokk. For example: upon noticing Dorian's irritation at another Mark Bearer, Grokk threatened to make his head look like "melting playdoh in the hot sun if he didn't stop messing with his boy." Other than that, and a few internal admissions by Dorian that he does enjoy Grokk's company, you'd be sure they hated each other by the insults they sling.
The Magic Boat Crew
Soli's Sword Forge and Stronin's Assortment of Acquaintances
The Toa Daedra are a group of Makuta-serving Toa based around the Seven Deadly Sins: Pride, Wrath, Greed, Gluttony, Lust, Sloth, and Envy, with each member representing a sin. Originally started by Ketan, or "Greed," each sin now has a representative Toa amongst the Daedra.
The Group As a Whole
- Blow You Away
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Ketan giving in to his his greed at the wrong moment and jumping at the nomination to Ga-Koro's leadership without consulting the other Daedra played a large part in the collapse of their masquerade.
Kynaera / "Pride"
Venedico / "Envy"
Decaia / "Sloth"
- An Axe to Grind: His primary weapons are a pair of tomahawks.
- Black Cloak
- Broken Bird
- Clark Kenting: By making use of better posture, a more energetic voice, and more emotional expression, Decaia can become virtually unrecognizable to those around him—particularly after seeing his typically stoic self.
- Creepy Monotone
- Death Seeker: Decaia gives off this vibe in combat, never using his full power or really attempting to beat his opponents.
- Informed Attribute: Meta example. Contrary to numerous players' beliefs, Decaia is not a traditional, lazy example of a Sloth-based character; his character more accurately depicts the original, despair-based definition of the sin, with hardly a hint of the usual attributes of laziness that are normally associated with the sin. Even so, he is still constantly referred to as any variation of "the slow/lazy one." What makes this even more egregious is that he tends to be one of the most active of the Daedra.
- Lazy Bum: Averted, surprisingly enough.
- Making a Splash
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: Seems to be one of the few—along with Nokth and Wrath—who is unimpressed by Anthyn's looks.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Raehn's attitude toward him.
- Pet the Dog: Heals the gaping wound in Embok's mouth after Lust tears his tongue out.
- Properly Paranoid: Being well aware of his past actions in Ga-Koro, which resulted in his banishment, Decaia is extremely concerned about keeping his identity hidden while in the village of water. He even makes a point of warning Greed about this when the Toa of Air begins drawing attention to the Daedra under the charade of them being a new and legitimate group of heroes.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives one to Wrath in Ga-Koro.
- The Rival: He and Wrath are quickly becoming this to one another...
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Against Ga-Koro after Wrath sells out the Daedra.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: His initial reaction to the above.
- Significant Anagram: "Decaia" is an anagram of "Acedia," the Latin name for the Sin of Sloth.
- Later uses the name Caidae, another anagram of Acedia, as part of his Arete disguise.
- The Stoic
- Tragic Keepsake: His Dark Bloom, a blue rose that blossomed on his lover's grave years back. It's implied to have some sort of emotional sinkhole power.
- Verbal Tic: Two. Decaia has a... tendency to... pause... a lot while speaking... Well, no matter...
- Wham Line: "Oh, shut up."
Anthyn / "Lust"
Embok / Gluttony