Characters: Avengers Undercover
open/close all folders
HazmatA bitter, sarcastic girl who once lamented being trapped in a suit to avoid poisoning everyone within range. The events of Murderworld cured her of her uncontrollable power, but has cost her the life of her boyfriend, Mettle and left her a changed woman.Please see the Avengers Arena character sheet for that series' specific tropes about Hazmat, and also the Avengers Academy character sheet for the series she started out in.
- Broken Bird: She's still deeply affected by Murderworld, and she nearly blasts a group of kids in the mall for bringing it up.
- Heartbroken Badass: She still grieves for Mettle, but is still very formidable in combat, and now with her powers under control she's even more dangerous.
- Heroic BSOD: The moment she met Arcade again she just blanked out. When she comes out of it she kills him.
- In the Hood: Now that she's out the radioactive suit, she's gained a hoodie as part of her attire.
- The Leader: Assumes this position on issue #5 when she proposes infiltrating the Masters of Evil, issue #8 solidifies this by having her call Hank Pym and starting to round up the Murderworld suvivors
- Moral Dilemma: In issue #8 she notices that the villian lifestyle is easier to handle than the uptight superhero code, but she still has a solid belief on remaining on the good side.
- Power Incontinence: Averted. She gained control of her powers, but it cost her just about everything else in her life.
- Revenge: She kills Arcade in the exact manner he killed Mettle.
- Only, Arcade isn't dead. He's a prisoner alongside Cammi as revealed in #7.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In issue #8, he's being mind-controlled by Hellstrom and forced to attack Aiden
- Demonic Possession/Puppeteer Parasite: During his two years in the Klimtor dimension, he was possessed by a parasitic monster called a Glaratrox.
- Mind-Control Eyes: When he's being controlled by Hellstrom, his eyes light up
- Straight Gay: Cullen is gay and not the least bit stereotypical, with his hunting skills.
- Token Evil Teammate: Cullen went off the deep end after the events of Arena and appears to have given into the dark side in him. He originally invaded Bagalia to get Arcade but joined up because he liked it there.Also, as of issue #6, he's the only one who doesn't know that the rest of the group is not joining the Masters of Evil for real.
- An Ax To Grind: He seems to have gained a new Ax according to the source material.
- Exact Words: When Hazmat tells him to "take the oportunity" as soon as he sees it, he kisses her by surprise
- Evil Is Cool: In-Universe, he admits that he's starting to feel this way about Bagalia, and he's clearly disturbed by it.
- Heartbroken Badass: After Nara died, he went into a Berserker Rage around Murderworld and still carries the grief into Undercover.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Charges into a villain filled bar with no plan whatsoever despite knowing there's over a hundred people inside.
- Only One Name: His last name is never mentioned in the story. According to Dennis Hopeless, his full name is "Aiden Gillespie".
- Shapeshifter Mode Lock: He's seemingly stuck in warrior mode forever.
- Break the Cutie: Her backstory alone did a number on her, but Murderworld only made it worse.
- Face-Heel Turn: She betrays Hazmat and the others.
- I Just Shot Marvin in the Face: Shoots Chase when trying to break up a fight between him and Excavator.
- Love Makes You Evil: She turns on Hazmat and the rest because of Excavator.
- Unskilled, but Strong: She has no real combat experience, but her technology weapons make her a boon on combat.
- Uptight Loves Wild: Why she likes Excavator.
- Badass Normal: She has no powers or cybernetics or magic. Just skill.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: Attempts this at the end of issue 5#, Constrictor says otherwise.
- Token Good Teammate: She's the only one not interested in joining in with the villains and tends to try and point them towards the right direction.
- Afraid of Their Own Strength: Alex has stated that despite her Witch Arm being a more powerful conduit for her magic, she's afraid of using it because her powers are so much stronger.
- Black Magician Girl: She a witch who's fairly proficient with combat spells.
- Despair Event Horizon: Seems to have hit it by issue 7 after Chase is critically injured and seemingly left in a coma.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Seems to have aquired this after Muderworld. Which is expected since irritability and outbursts of anger are common symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress disorder, one of the main topics of the book.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Chase claims that she never really came "back" from her time in Murder World, even missing Molly's birthday.
- Next Tier Power-Up: She was actually killed during the events of Arena, but was resurrected by the Staff of One and became even more powerful with black magic and with a new arm. She hesitates to use it unless she gets angry.
- Working with the Ex: Now that Alex is back, they have this relationship with him teaching her battle strategy. It's... a miracle she hasn't killed him again.
- Delinquent Hair: The first chapter shows him sporting a mohawk to go with the bad boy image.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Described as such by Deathlocket
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: He stopped Deathlocket from shooting Captain America in the head and tries to tell her to think for herself. She shoots him instead while he's fighting with Excavator.
- The Stool Pigeon: Out of everyone else who made a pact to keep quiet, he's the only one to go on an interview because he points out it was meaningless as Arcade dropped the videos online.
ArcadeA very wealthy psychopath, who enjoyed building Deadly Games (called "Murderworlds") for the X-Men. He was something of a joke villain until trapped 16 young Marvel superheroes in his own personal hellhole and hand them kill one another. He has now joined the Masters of Evil in Bagalia.Please see the Avengers Arena character sheet for that series' specific tropes about Arcade.
- Karma Houdini: For everything he did in Arena, he managed to not only win, but he got away unscathed. Until Issue #3.
- Killed Off for Real: Hazmat kills him for killing Mettle.
- Except Arcade is revealed to be held prisoner alongside Cammi in #7.
- Now What?: He feels hollow after Murderworld because he can't find a way to top it.
Baron Helmut ZemoThe leader of the Masters of Evil.
- Appeal to Inherent Nature: How he appeals to the suvivors of Muderworld to join him after SHIELD arrests them for Arcade's murder
- The Chessmaster
- Cool Mask
- Even Evil Has Standards: Not impressed at all with Arcade and his "Murderworld"
- Keeping the Enemy Close: Done quite literally in issue #7, as both Cammi and Arcade's prision cells are right next to his living room
- Nazi Nobleman
Daimon HellstromThe son of Satan and one of Zemo's lieutenants
- Black Magic: His specialty
- The Corrupter: Like Zemo's other lieutenants, he's instructed to get the Avengers Arena survivors to join the Masters of Evil.
- Evil Mentor: Teaches Cullen and Nico to control their magic.
Madame MasqueOne of Zemo's lieutenants. See her entry on the Iron Man characters page for more.
- The Corrupter: Like Zemo's other lieutenants, she's instructed to get the Avengers Arena survivors to join the Masters of Evil. However, she puts much less effort into it.
- Dark Action Girl: A Badass Normal assassin.
ConstrictorOne of Zemo's lieutenants.
- Whip It Good: Uses it to capture Cammi when she tries to leave Bagaria.