open/close all folders
Real name: Greer Grant-Nelson
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: Cat.
- Arch-Enemy: The Hood after he and his gang gave her a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown because another villain asked him to do so in exchange for his advice. Tigra gets her revenge when, at the end of Dark Reign, she corners him and talks at length about how she wants to kill him... and then doesn't. Instead she simply brings in his wife so she'll know who he is and what he's done and never let him near her or his daughter again.
- Badass Normal: When she was The Cat.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Tigra's fairly nice and even a little flirtatious normally. Keep in mind that this is a woman that had a conversation with X-23 about the best way to eviscerate a person.
- Cat Girl: The Cat was once a costumed heroine who used a powered costume, but a ritual was performed on her, transforming her into the werecat Tigra. There's a tug-of-war between her human and feline instincts and which has the upper hand tends to depend on the writer. One day she's able to fly interstellar spacecraft, the next she's chasing and eating mice and unable to speak (except in cat noises.)
- Cats Hate Water: Tigra used to be deathly afraid of water, though she seems to have at least somewhat gotten over it.
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Femme Fatalons: Tigra's fangs and claws are extremely sharp and tough
- Half-Human Hybrid: She is a human woman turned half-tiger thanks to magic. And then she... went and got knocked up by a Skrull pretending to be Henry Pym. Which would make her child half-Skrull, one-quarter human and one-quarter magic tiger. The disguise was so good that the Skrull imposter only gave Hank Pym's DNA, so the child is three-quarters human, one-quarter magic tiger.
- Healing Factor: If Tigra is injured, she is capable of regenerating damaged tissue faster than an ordinary human. She can heal injuries as severe as broken bones within a matter of days. She is unable to regenerate missing limbs, organs, or brain cells.
- Hollywood Dateless: In Avenger's Academy, Tigra of all people laments her dating impaired status during the series ("Single mom who sheds"). She could probably easily get dates—just not long term commitment.
- Hot Teacher: After joining Avenger's Academy, Tigra's definitely this. Lampshaded several times by the students, but especially when she meets Emma Frost in issue #22.Emma Frost: By the way, darling, I love your outfit. Don't let anyone tell you it's inappropriate for a teacher.
- Legacy Character: Patsy Walker follow her The Cat legacy.
- Most Common Superpower: Made especially obvious by her usual attire.
- Ms. Fanservice: Tigra is a twofer, being a Cat Girl who walks around wearing naught but a bikini. Later books have tried to justify this with Tigra saying wearing anything else over a full coat of fur would result in heatstroke, and the bikini is pretty much for modesty's sake.
- My Instincts Are Showing: Tigra originally struggled to control her cat-like urges and desires. After her "Human" and "Cat" souls were fused, it ceased to be an issue.
- Stripperiffic: She runs around in a bikini!. Counts as Fridge Brilliance when you consider the West Coast Manor is in California, and its probably hot enough for her already, as she's covered in fur 24/7. She even lampshades this in recent issues where the students and the Runaways meet up.
- Super Senses: Tigra's senses are about ten times as keen as an average human's, and about five times that of an average cat's. She also has a rarely used sixth sense that allows her to sense the emotions of others on a basic level.
- Super Reflexes: Tigra has incredible reflexes. She was able to dodge Ragnarok's hammer after it was thrown at her, and showed incredible flexibility while training White Tiger and again when slipping out of restraints that would've easily held a normal person.
- Super Speed: While not a speedster by any means, Tigra can move pretty fast if she wants to.
- Super Strength: Though it's not usually played up, Tigra's officially as physically powerful as Spider-Man.
- Super Toughness: Tigra's physiology makes her much tougher than an ordinary person. Her body is able to withstand great impact forces and blunt trauma that would severely injure or kill a normal human, though she is far from invulnerable.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Tigra possesses a mystical talisman that allows her to change her appearance from feline to human at will. She rarely uses it and only appears in her human form when circumstances require it. She regards her feline body as her natural form.
Real name: Jennifer Walters
- See the She-Hulk page
Captain Marvel / Photon / Pulsar / Spectrum
Real name: Monica Rambeau
- See the Monica Rambeau page
Real name: Eros
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Thanos (Cain).
- Combo Platter Powers
- Extreme Omnisexual: In the first issue of the 2016 Thanos series, Starfox is shown in an orgy with aliens from various species and genders. When the Champion of the Universe enters the room, Starfox's first impulse is to invite him to come get in on the action.
- Flying Brick
- Healing Factor: While it is not as advanced as other members of his species, Eros still has this. If he is injured, his physiology enables him to recover much faster and more extensively than a human being is capable of. Injuries such as lacerations or bullet wounds can fully mend within a matter of hours. This ability can be augmented dramatically if Starfox properly trains himself.
- Immortality Begins at 20: Starfox, like all Eternals, is essentially immortal. The cosmic energy housed in his body has been developed for the purpose of halting his natural aging process. Although well over 1,000 years old, he is still physically young by Eternal statndards.
- Power Perversion Potential: He has the power to control the emotions of others. In one She-Hulk arc, a suit was brought against him by some, including She-Hulk herself, who may have been forced into sex with him thanks to his powers. (The man's real name is Eros, after all).
- Super Strength: Eros can lift around 15 tons.
- Super Toughness: He's not bulletproof, but he's still pretty tough.
Real name: Barbara "Bobbi" Morse
- See the Mockingbird page
Iron Man II / War Machine / Iron Patriot
Real name: James "Rhodey" Rhodes
- See the War Machine page
Namor the Sub-Mariner
Namor the Sub-Mariner (Namor McKenzie)
Real name: Namor Mc Kenzie
- See the Sub-Mariner page
The Thing (Benjamin J. "Ben" Grimm)
Real name: Benjamin "Ben" Grimm
Real name: Anthony Druid
- Acceptable Targets: He has been referred to as "The Worst Avenger" many times in-universe and remains a frequent target for mockery when discussing the people the Avengers allow into their ranks.
- Alliterative Name: Doctor Druid.
- Brainwashed and Crazy:
- His Avengers membership was tainted when he was mind controlled by supervillainess the Terminatrix (at the time impersonating the space pirate Nebula) into manipulating the team on her behalf. While in this state, he even assumed chairmanship of the team for a very short period. When "Nebula" was cast into Limbo, Druid followed, as he was still under her thrall. He eventually regained control of his own mind and returned to Earth.
- As leader of the Secret Defenders, he was once again victimized by a villain's mind control, this time by the demon Slorioth.
- Enlightenment Superpowers
- Face–Heel Turn: In the 2016 Squadron Supreme series. One always thought he was a self important asshole, but this combined with his reputation as the worst Avenger, and the general disrespect his former teammates had for him after his death lead to him taking over Weirdworld as a cruel tyrant.
- Jerk Ass
- Kryptonite Factor: Druidic magic is affected by iron.
- Mind over Matter: Druid was capable of levitating himself or other objects.
- Not Quite Dead: Killed by Hellstorm some time ago, in 2016 Squadron Supreme series it revealed that despite being dead, his soul took on a corporal form when it encountered Weirdworld, and that as long as he remained in the magical realm, he was essentially alive.
- Occult Detective
- Telepathy: He possesses some degree of telepathy.
- Warrior Therapist
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: After abandoned his superhero identity, he became more of a real, traditional druid, a fact reflected by his taking on the simple name of "Druid", and the new nature of his nature powers, but he let his feelings of rage and power lust take him over and went insane before to be killed by Hellstorm.
Real name: Marc Spector
- See the Moon Knight page
Real name: Bonita Juárez
- Amicable Exes: With Hank Pym, her former West Coast Avenger's teammate.
- Braids, Beads and Buckskins: Averted with her initial costume, a yellow unitard with red boots and gloves, and Firebird-themed shoulder pads and tiara. Played straight with her later second uniform (see above).
- Taken to near-ridiculous extremes during her short tenure on Omega Flight, with her costume being made up almost entirely of buckskin-tassels and a giant fur-cape.
- Heritage Disconnect: In her early appearances, from her Native American roots. Later stories would have her rediscover her Native American heritage.
- Magical Native American: Downplayed somewhat, as her Catholic upbringing is more often brought up in reference to her heritage.
- Out of Focus: For much of The '90s, despite being a recurring member of the team. Kurt Busiek rectified this in his run.
- Playing with Fire
- Raised Catholic
- Spicy Latina
- Twofer Token Minority: Hispanic and Native American.
Real name: Dennis Dunphy
- Alliterative Name: His real name as well as Demolition Dunphy.
- Bear: Dennis was eventually revealed to be gay during Nick Spencer's run.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": D actually.
- Drugs Are Bad: They gave him his powers, but messed him up bad.
- Hollywood Heart Attack
- Psycho Serum: But not by choice after the first time.
- Something Person
- Super Strength
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity
Real name: Unknown
Team(s) served on:The Avengers
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Complete Immortality: As an Eternal, he can't die of old age and has complete control over his body's molecules unless knocked out. He can be injured or weakened, though.
- Eye Beams: He can fire cosmic energy through his eyes.
- Flying Brick
- Hand Blast: He can also fire destructive blasts from his hands.
- Human Subspecies: A member of the Eternals.
- I Have Many Names: Also known as Samson, Hero, Beowulf, Dragon-Slayer, and Hercules, to name a few.
- Mistaken Identity: In ancient times he was mistaken for Hercules and a few other "mythic" strongmen. Which created a mild Continuity Snarl, because The Incredible Hercules is already a character in Marvel canon. Herc's own series took care to Retcon and explain Gilgamesh's claim to have been Hercules.
- Really 700 Years Old
Real name: Susan Storm-Richards
Real name: John Walker
- See Captain America characters page
Human Torch (Jim Hammond)
Real name: Jim Hammond