Characters: Avalon: Web of Magic
Applies to multiple characters
- Familiar: All the bonded.
- Magical Girl
- Mons: The magical creatures.
- Power Crystal: All of the mages have one, and the missing Power Crystals are what's causing the magical flood from Avalon itself.
Emily Fletcher the HealerEmily is the kind-hearted healer who is close to animals. Her mother is a veterinarian and she grew up with animals her entire life. She usually acts as the mediator whenever Adriane and Kara get into one of their squabbles. She's the only one with no bonded animal even though she is meant to bond with all animals. There's a flip side to her compassion.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Emily was cured of it about halfway through the first book.
- Aura Vision: Emily can see magical auras.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Drunk on the Dark Side: A constant risk after she becomes the Dark Mage.
- Empathic Healer: To a minor degree, Emily. She feels the pain, but she doesn't exactly take on the wounds.
- Only if she succeeds. If an ailment is too much, she could end up affected as well.
- Face-Heel Turn: Defied. She doesn't go all the way thanks to Ozzie.
- Friend to All Living Things
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Healing is far from the top of the list in combat effectiveness. But then it lets you control minds, drain the life out of magical creatures, and manipulate the very essence of magic.
- Speaks Fluent Animal
Indi, Emily's Paladin
- Animate Inanimate Object: Is a Power Crystal called Heart of Avalon.
- Shape Shifter
- Transporters And Teleporters
- Unicorn: Shape Shifter Default Form
Ozymandias "Ozzie"The Heart of the team. He's actually an elf who got turned into a ferret when he lands on Earth. He motivates the other whenever they hit a low point. He's their anchor and indispensable in the running of the Pet Palace.
- Animorphism: He wasn't particularly pleased about having to be turned into a ferret in order to be sent to Earth.
- Disney Death: Gets killed in ferret form in Dark Mage
- The Heart: Team motivational speaker whose powers are essentially to be a loud shrimp and be incorruptible to Dark magic.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness
- Mentor Mascot: Not much on the mentor part though.
- Team Pet
- Weasel Mascot: Ozzie.
Phelonius, Ozzie's Paladin
Adriane Charday the WarriorAdriane is a Native American/French girl and the team fighter. Her parents are artists who often travel, so she didn't have a stable home until recently and fancies herself an independent who didn't need friends. She now lives with her grandmother at the Ravenswood Preserve. She's the first to acquire her jewel and the most adept at controlling it.
- Failure Knight: When she fails Stormbringer
- Full-Contact Magic
- Little Miss Snarker: Adriane.
- Loners Are Freaks
- Magical Native American: Literally.
- Magical Girl Warrior: Although this can apply to the other mages, Adriane is the most prominent.
- Nature Hero: Her element is Earth and her paladin is the embodiment of the forest she calls home.
- Not Good with People
- Super Smoke
- Too Many Belts: Wears belts in places that don't need them, unless they're chains
Stormbringer, Adriane's Bonded and Paladin
- Noble Wolf: The 'wise protector of nature' variety.
- Disney Death: Vaporized in Trial of Fire.
- Genius Loci
- Super Smoke
Dreamer, Adriane's Bonded
Kara Davies the Blazing StarThe beautiful daughter of the mayor and a prominent lawyer, Kara grew up a spoiled brat. In school, she's a social butterfly and a standard Alpha Bitch. She's the last to get her jewel and had the most difficulty in learning control. Her power is not meant to be used for herself, but to enhance others' powers. She's also part-fairy.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Kara.
- Character Development: Changed the most of the three and fulfills that part of the prophecy.
- Dreadful Musician
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: She can still be bitchy, but she has good intentions at heart after her Character Development.
- Princesses Prefer Pink
- Shape Shifter: Has the power for a short time.
- Stylish Protection Gear: Has designer hiking boots.
- Super Empowering: the primary role of the blazing star.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: She can afford any clothes she wants, but the Fairy Closet lets her have whatever clothes she can imagine.
Lyra, Kara's Bonded
Dragonfliesnote , Kara's Bonded
- Empathy Pet
- Transporters And Teleporters: They also make a great interdimensional communication network.
Starfire, Kara's Paladin
- Demoted to Extra: Had a big role in Cry of the Wolf and it seemed he would be important from then-on, but he hasn't done or shown up much since then. He may play a bigger part in Shadow Warrior, but this has yet to be seen.
- It's Personal because You Killed My Father: Before Adriane met him, he was bent on killing the manticore that killed his parents.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Raised by Wolves: Literally.
- Revenge Before Reason: Recklessly dragging the mistwolves into hunting the manticore.
- Sixth Ranger
Drake, Zach's Bonded
Lorren/The Forest Prince
- Domino Mask
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- The Unreveal: It then goes to The Reveal
- Upper-Class Twit: In the surface anyway.
- Ascended Extra: Sort of. Tasha becomes more prominent in the republished version.
- Hot Scientist: Tasha isn't much older than the mages either.
Dark Sorceress Miranda of first Three MagesPrimary antagonist of the series. She wants to open Avalon and gain its power.
- Big Bad
- The Chessmaster
- Evil Makeover
- Hellish Pupils
- Kara, I Am Your Great-Aunt: Pulls this on Kara.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Overshadowed by Awesome: What leads her to The Dark Side.
- Redemption Rejection: All her former friends are brought together, including the bonded that she killed. They ask her to come back, making her hesitate, but then shoots them down.
Spider Witch Silvan of first Three Mages
- Dark Is Not Evil: Invoked by him.
- Interrogation by Vandalism: Gets his spiffy equipment trashed by the mages three.
- Magic Versus Science: The arcane arts are still magic, but the methods are much more scientific than the mage approach.
- The Rat