Characters: Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
This page is for characters originating from Atelier Totori. For characters from Atelier Rorona see its own page.
Totooria Helmold (Totori)
Voiced by: Cassandra Lee (English)Protagonist of the game. She is Rorona's first and only student in alchemy. She's weak and not very smart but alchemy has given her more confidence in herself. Decides to become an adventurer in order to find her mother.
- Brutally Honest
- Childhood Friends: with Gino
- Curtains Match the Window
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Not nearly as bad as her Teacher, but her friends and sister often mention how clumsy she is.
- Cuteness Proximity: Towards the Chims.
- Giant Waist Ribbon
- Girly Run
- Gray Eyes
- Nice Girl
- Nice Hat: As with all Atelier Series heroines.
- She Is All Grown Up: She's 19 in Atelier Meruru.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Back when she was very young, after hearing Guid saying her mother died, she cried for a week, until she lost all her memories of what presumably happened to her mother, even her father's original job as a shipwright.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Gains a Grade B in Atelier Meruru.
GinoTotori's childhood friend. He wishes to become the world's greatest adventurer and drags Totori along with him. Tends to be hyper and very loud.
- Always Save the Girl: Feels this way regarding Totori. Which is why losing to her wounds him deeply, though it brings them closer in the end.
- Bishōnen: It really shows once he's grown up.
- Childhood Friends: with Totori
- Crossdressing Voices: In the Japanese dub. Even as an adult.
- Expy: Blond hair? Green Eyes? Keet? Not afraid to speak his mind? Good-looking? Hello Oz.
- Green Eyes
- He Is All Grown Up: He's 20 in Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland.
- Heroes Prefer Swords
- Innocently Insensitive: All the time. He doesn't seem to have any concept that people don't like being called old or weak or other derogatory terms (unless he does).
- Older and Wiser: He's a lot more level-headed and less impulsive in Atelier Meruru.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Wears a pink shirt in Atelier Meruru.
- Ship Tease: Gets loads with Totori in his ending and character events.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Mimi in the third game.
- Platonic Life Partners: After Totori left to teach Meruru, he became Mimi's adventuring partner.
Melvia (Mel)Ceci's childhood friend and adventurer mentor to Totori. Despite her looks, she is abnormally strong and powerful
- Action Girl: She's an adventurer.
- An Axe to Grind: Uses an axe roughly her size.
- Barefisted Monk: Though her special attack has her throwing her axe away to whale on her enemies barehanded.
- Boobs of Steel: In brute physical strength only, she is possibly the strongest person in the country. She's also the bustiest.
- Childhood Friends: With Ceci and Peter
- Cool Big Sis: To Totori and Gino, they even call her Mel-oneechan in the Japanese dub.
- Crutch Character: In the beginning of the game she has the most HP and takes very little damage from the enemies surrounding Alayan. Without her, Totori and Gino wouldn't be able to handle a good deal of exploration first.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: She doesn't look all that muscular, but she can life a dinosaur with ease.
- Skinship Grope: Does this to virtually every female she meets.
- Stripperific: It's telling that during one of her specials her very tiny skirt reveals she's wearing black panties.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Ceci's girly girl.
Mimi Houllier von SchwarzlangAn aristocrat who wishes to become a famous adventurer to bring pride to her family name. She's prideful, snooty, and tends to be quite selfish, but she has a good heart.
- Action Girl
- Foil: To Cordelia. Both of them are tsundere aristocrats, yet while Mimi views the title as something important that warrants immediate respect, Cordelia thinks nothing much of it. Mimi knows in her heart that the title actually means nothing— after all it can be bought. But when she was bullied as a child, her mother told her that if it got her down, to just remind herself that she's an aristocrat. She clung to the title fiercely because if she accepted the reality of its worthlessness, then what her mother said would be meaningless.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Lady of War: She obviously wants to be one and has the aesthetic down in combat. She's still a bit too immature to really pull it off, though.
- She Is All Grown Up: She's 20 in Atelier Meruru.
- Tsundere: While she is a natural tsundere, it tends to be even worse when it comes to Totori.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Gino in the third game.
- Platonic Life Partners: After Totori left to teach Meruru, she became Gino's adventuring partner.
MarcA scientist living in Arland.
- Friend to All Children: To the point where he's saddened that not all children seem to be fond of him and his robots.
- Mad Scientist: While not particularly dangerous, he certainly fits the 'mad' part.
- Rocket Punch: His main attack
Cecilia Helmold (Ceci)
Voiced by: Cristina Valenzuela (English)Totori's elder sister. Since their mother disappeared, she's taken charge of the household. She was initially opposed to Totori becoming an adventurer, but she eventually relented, though she still doesn't approve much.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Cool Big Sis:: She tries and succeeds most of the time.
- Childhood Friends: With Melvia and Peter.
- Cuteness Proximity: She becomes this when she sees Chim and Piana.
- Dude Magnet: One of the reasons Gerhard hires her is because guys come to the store just to be around her.
- Hair Decorations
- Improbable Weapon User: In her DLC, she uses a feather duster as her Weapon of Choice.
- Never Gets Drunk: She single-handedly drank almost all the beer Gerhard had in his tavern, and other than having a flushed face, still acts the same, and still wants more. Gerhard is not amused as its his treat.
- Promotion to Parent: Even though their father is still alive, Ceci is pretty much like a mother to Totori. It doesn't help that their father is mostly useless.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Melvia's Tomboy.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She cooks, cleans, and has a normally sweet demeanor.
Guid HelmoldTotori and Ceci's father. He tends to be very quiet and calm, to the point people tend to not notice him when he's in a room. Spends most of his time fishing.
- Absurdly Youthful Father: Looks quite young for a father of two teenage girls.
- Good Parents
- He's Back: After Totori declares that his ship will never sink, which sparks his memories of Gisela's firm declaration that his ship will never sink, his gaze becomes sharper and he becomes much more expressive.
Gisela HelmoldA famous adventurer and mother of Ceci and Totori. She disappeared years ago during an adventure and everyone has assumed the worst about her except for Totori, who goes looking for her.
- Action Mom: She fought back a devil that an entire nation worked to get sealed twice.
- Badass: She never lost a fight, and even in her last two fights ended in draws, where she gave just as much as she took.
- [[Broke Your Arm Punching Cthulhu: She manages to fight both the Flaushtraut and the devil to "a draw"; the former leaving her boatless and stranded, the second on her deathbed.]]
- Dead All Along: Finishing the game properly requires you to find her grave... however
- Doting Parent
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Everyone has pointed out she's rather brash, insults others, and causes problems everywhere she goes, but no one has any doubt that she was the best adventurer of the time.
Filly DeeA receptionist at the adventurers guild. She gives out quests to Totori when Totori is in Arland. Incredibly shy, she was forced to become a receptionist when her older sister Esty (from Atelier Rorona) suddenly quit.
- Ambiguously Gay: The ambiguous part is pretty much thrown out the window if she wins the beauty contest.
- Ambiguously Bi: In the third game, she mentions that she hopes to be swept off her feet by a handsome prince someday.
- Hair Decorations
- Proper Tights With Skirt
- Shrinking Violet
- Yuri Fan
PeterThe carriage driver in Alanya.
- All Love Is Unrequited: His crush on Ceci.
- Butt Monkey
- Cannot Spit It Out: His feelings for Ceci.
- Childhood Friends: With Ceci and Melvia.
- Lazy Bum
GerhardThe owner of the local tavern and an old friend of Guid's.
PianaA young girl residing in the frozen Frontier Village. She moves in with Totori after she stows away on her boat.
- Cheerful Child
- The Cutie
- Hair of Gold
- Happily Adopted: Gets adopted by the Helmold family by the end of the game.
- Token Mini-Moe