Characters / Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
This page is for characters originating from Atelier Totori
. For characters from Atelier Rorona see its own page
Totooria Helmold (Totori)
Protagonist of the game. She is Rorona's first and only student in alchemy. She's weak and not very smart but alchemy has given her more confidence in herself. Decides to become an adventurer in order to find her mother.
- Big "WHAT?!": Because she didn't know that Pamela was already dead since the beginning at the time, this was her shocked reaction when Rorona nonchalantly suggested that they use Pamela as the human sacrifice needed to access an area in a later part of the game. Hilariously enough, she reacts with this again when Pamela agrees to it, and again when Pamela reveals her ghostly form to her.
- Brutally Honest
- Childhood Friends: with Gino
- Curtains Match the Window
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Not nearly as bad as her Teacher, but her friends and sister often mention how clumsy she is. She'll also randomly trip while running around town every so often.
- Cuteness Proximity: Towards the Chims.
- Giant Waist Ribbon
- Girly Run
- Gray Eyes
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Not to bad self-esteem levels, but she turns down compliments directed towards her whenever she hears of them. It's something she inherited from Rorona.
- Hero Worship: Towards Rorona who she sees as amazing.
- The Mentor: Like how Rorona was one to her, she becomes Meruru's personal alchemy teacher in Atelier Meruru.
- Nice Girl: It wouldn't be a stretch to say that she's the nicest girl in the game.
- Nice Hat: As with all Atelier Series heroines.
- She Is All Grown Up: She's 19 in Atelier Meruru.
- Simple Staff: Like Rorona, this is her main weapon of choice. Interestingly, the staff she uses was given to her by Rorona.
- Sins of Her Mother: Once Cordelia finds out that she is Gisela's daughter, she is very tempted to take out all of her frustration at Gisela on Totori. Sterk also warns her not to casually tell people of her lineage (along with the fact that she's also Rorona's student) for that same reason.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Back when she was very young, after hearing Guid saying her mother died, she cried for a week, until she lost all her memories of what presumably happened to her mother, even her father's original job as a shipwright.
- True Blue Femininity: Her default outfit in Atelier Meruru.
- "Well Done, Daughter!" Girl: A teacher-student example with Rorona, who she admires and whose approval she seeks. This comes to a head when Piana proves to be a better alchemy student than Totori ever was under Rorona's tutelage.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Gains a Grade B in Atelier Meruru. Also gains a Grade A in the outfit she wears in Mimi's ending.
Totori's childhood friend. He wishes to become the world's greatest adventurer and drags Totori along with him. Tends to be hyper and very loud.
Ceci's childhood friend and adventurer mentor to Totori. Despite her looks, she is abnormally strong and powerful
- Action Girl: She's an adventurer.
- An Axe to Grind: Uses an axe roughly her size.
- Barefisted Monk: Though her special attack has her throwing her axe away to whale on her enemies barehanded.
- Boobs of Steel: In brute physical strength only, she is possibly the strongest person in the country. She's also the bustiest.
- Childhood Friends: With Ceci and Peter
- Cool Big Sis: To Totori and Gino, they even call her Mel-oneechan in the Japanese dub.
- Crutch Character: In the beginning of the game she has the most HP and takes very little damage from the enemies surrounding Alayan. Without her, Totori and Gino wouldn't be able to handle a good deal of exploration first.
- Miss Fanservice: Along with Pamela, she's the only one gleefully showing herself off during the beauty contest.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: She doesn't look all that muscular, but she can life a dinosaur with ease.
- Skinship Grope: Does this to virtually every female she meets.
- Stripperific: It's telling that during one of her specials her very tiny skirt reveals she's wearing black panties.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Ceci's girly girl.
Mimi Houllier von Schwarzlang
An aristocrat who wishes to become a famous adventurer to bring pride to her family name. She's prideful, snooty, and tends to be quite selfish, but she has a good heart.
A scientist living in Arland.
Cecilia Helmold (Ceci)
Totori's elder sister. Since their mother disappeared, she's taken charge of the household. She was initially opposed to Totori becoming an adventurer, but she eventually relented, though she still doesn't approve much.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Combination Attack: If Totori uses an attack item, Ceci can join in to double its effectiveness.
- Cool Big Sis: She tries and succeeds most of the time.
- Childhood Friends: With Melvia and Peter.
- Crutch Character: Averted. Since she can't actually be recruited until near the end of the game, she starts of at Level 50 when first unlocked. Once she is, she can be recruited at any time on any other file, where she starts back at Level 1.
- Cuteness Proximity: She becomes this when she sees Chim and Piana.
- Dude Magnet: One of the reasons Gerhard hires her is because guys come to the store just to be around her.
- Hair Decorations
- Improbable Weapon User: In her DLC, she uses a feather duster as her Weapon of Choice.
- Never Gets Drunk: She single-handedly drank almost all the beer Gerhard had in his tavern, and other than having a flushed face, still acts the same, and still wants more. Gerhard is not amused as its his treat.
- Promotion to Parent: Even though their father is still alive, Ceci is pretty much like a mother to Totori. It doesn't help that their father is mostly useless.
- Promoted to Playable: As Downloadable Content in the original game and programmed into the game in Plus, but can't actually be recruited until Melvia's ending flag is triggered on any file.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Melvia's Tomboy.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She cooks, cleans, and has a normally sweet demeanor.
Totori and Ceci's father. He tends to be very quiet and calm, to the point people tend to not notice him when he's in a room. Spends most of his time fishing.
- Good Parents
- He's Back: After Totori declares that his ship will never sink, which sparks his memories of Gisela's firm declaration that his ship will never sink, his gaze becomes sharper and he becomes much more expressive. When he gets to actually pilot the ship in Mel's ending, he's like a little kid.
- Older Than He Looks: Looks quite young for a father of two teenage girls.
A famous adventurer and mother of Ceci and Totori. She disappeared years ago during an adventure and everyone has assumed the worst about her except for Totori, who goes looking for her.
- Action Mom: She fought back a devil that an entire nation worked to get sealed twice.
- Broke Your Arm Punching Out Cthulhu: She manages to fight both the Flaushtraut and the devil to "a draw"; the former leaving her boatless and stranded, the second on her deathbed. And, in the first case, she was only defeated because her ship sank. Had that not happened, she very likely would have won.
- Dead All Along: Finishing the game properly requires you to find her grave... however
- Determinator: Singlehandedly taking on two of the game's major bosses, still on her feet after starving and drifting for two weeks, and recovering from near-death in 8 years when she was told it would take 50.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Everyone has pointed out she's rather brash, insults others, and causes problems everywhere she goes, but no one has any doubt that she was the best adventurer of the time.
- Hoist By Her Own Petard: The only reason the Flaushtraut sunk her ship was because it attacked the part she had secretly helped build, giving it a massive weak point.]]
- Never Found the Body: The true end reveals that she's still alive due to a "glasses lady" saving her shortly after she was put out to sea.
A receptionist at the adventurers guild. She gives out quests to Totori when Totori is in Arland. Incredibly shy, she was forced to become a receptionist when her older sister Esty (from Atelier Rorona
) suddenly quit.
Voiced by: Hidehiro Kikuchi (JP), Johnny Yong Bosch (EN)
The carriage driver in Alanya.
The owner of the local tavern and an old friend of Guid's.
Piana A young girl residing in the frozen Frontier Village. She moves in with Totori after she stows away on her boat.