Characters: Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
Character sheet for Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky.Note: As this is a sequel to Atelier Ayesha The Alchemistof Dusk, there are unmarked spoilers for characters from that game who appear in Atelier Escha & Logy
open/close all folders
Voiced by: Rie Murakawa (Japanese), Lindsay Torrance (English)The main female protagonist and a 15-year-old home-taught old-school alchemist by way of her since-deceased mother. While her family owns one of the well known orchards, she decides to join the R&D Division so she can use her alchemy to help others. Prior to the start of the game, she did various errands around town to help other people.
- Big Eater: Eats a whole apple cake by herself meant for 3 people, much to her embarrassment.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: If what Clone says about her when she worked at the orchard is any indication.
- Dramatic Stutter: When put under the slightest bit of pressure — such as being introduced to someone new — Escha will stutter her way through the encounter. Most noticeable in the game's prologue.
- Hair Decorations: Not only does she get the Atelier heroine hat, but she also gets cute hair decs.
- Expressive Accessory: Her tail
- Girlish Pigtails
- Improbable Weapon User: A picture book made by alchemy, which is her strongest weapon.
- Item Caddy: As the more "conventional" alchemist, Escha relies on the bombs and tools she brews up in her cauldron. She does have her own offensive/defensive abilities though, so she's not helpless should her items run out.
- Nice Hat: You really can't be an Atelier heroine without one.
- Pirate Girl: Her alternate outfit.
- Plucky Girl: As with many girls in the Atelier series, Escha has no concept of "giving up". Although she might be given pause for thought when the idea of raiding a dragon's nest is brought up.
- Simple Staff: Unlike previous alchemists, however, she has her own special skills — which means she can do more with her staff than simply thumping enemies over the head.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: With Logy.
- Ship Tease: With Logy, Even moreso in the Vita port and Anime.
- Summon Magic: The full potential of her Double Draw, with her book.
- Sweet Tooth: Escha has a craving for sweets when she's out on assignment, but cooking them is a pain. Her way around it? Synthesize sweet things and have the Homunculus, who can recreate anything already created, resupply her.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Called a tomboy by Clone, but at least she knows how to make sweets.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Apples
- Zettai Ryouiki: Of Grade A.
Logix "Logy" Ficsario
- Badass Normal
- The Blacksmith: His alchemy skills is specialize on making weapons and armours.
- Break the Haughty: The great airship explosion accident had changed him from a man who never listen to others to a humble ambitionless man.
- Cool Sword: He reassembled it as a hobby.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Although he's been alive for less than two decades, Logy has learned the pitfalls of arrogance the hard way. His refusal to take advice and listen to criticism lead to a major accident, which badly injures one of his staunchest supporters.
- Deadpan Snarker: Often makes sarcastic remarks about people whenever they do something stupid or cringe-worthy.
- Fingerless Gloves
- Glowing Eyes: When he uses his skills, or Double Draw.
- Item Caddy: Logy can't make the stuff in the basket — he's restricted to creating weapons and armour. However, he can equip the things Escha makes, including his own exclusive weaponry.
- It's All My Fault: He keeps blaming the great airship explosion accident on himself.
- My Greatest Failure: See his Dark and Troubled Past.
- My Greatest Second Chance: After getting convinced by Escha to redeem himself by finishing the dreadnought, he decides to retake his dream of finishing a working airship. With the R&D division help he succeeds.
- Neat Freak: Wants things clean and tidy very often.
- Reassigned to Antarctica: His apparent current situation. The truth is slightly more complicated than that.
- Rule of Cool: His battle pose and his attacks somehow looked flashier and more extraordinary than the rest of the party members, like jumping from the sky to protect his party members with Support Guard.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: With Escha.
- Super OCD: The way he wants everything in order and clean, to his imbue skills. Even Escha wonders if he has OCD.
Voiced by: Mariko Honda (Japanese), Mela Lee (English)Escha and Logy's junior who was assigned to the Development Department from Central City.
- Book Dumb: Played for Drama, She always do her best to become a doctor but begin a slow learner herself cause her to breakdown. Fortunately Escha and Logy is there for her.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Managed to be even more clumsy than Escha.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Hospital Cutie
- Improbable Weapon User: A medical bag, when she attacks she throws syringes.
- Nice Hat
- Pettanko: She try to ask for an advice for how to get biggerNote . Begin petite one herself resulting the older characters to misunderstanding the question. Hilarity Ensues.
- Precocious Crush: Imply to have a small crush on Logy. Confirm in her ending. if you played his side.
- Secretly Wealthy
- The Medic
- Token Mini-Moe: Of the original playable cast.
- Big Brother Mentor: To Escha
- Drop the Hammer
- Genki Guy
- Mr. Fixit: Very much so. He's a part of the Maintenance Department.
- The Pollyanna
- Scary Shiny Glasses: If his Finishing Attack kills the enemy it ends with this.
- Theme Music Power-Up: Notice to be the only one with a vocal music if he manage finish the battle with his Finishing Attack.
Voiced by: Yasunori Masutani (Japanese), Ben Pronksy (English)An enigmatic treasure hunter with a bit of a cowboy motif going on.
- Badass Baritone
- BFG: In his Finishing Move.
- Butt Monkey
- Demoted to Extra: In Anime.
- Determinator: No one stands in the way of his precious treasure.
- Leader Wannabe: Logy's first impression on him. And he's right.
- Lovable Rogue
- Nice Hat: A cowboy hat.
- The Scrooge: Never likes spending too much on himself, even food.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Threia, who he thinks is only interested in her work and research.
- Treasure Hunter
- Walking the Earth: He has been wandering the Dusk long before he joins Escha and Logy.
Voiced by: Chiharu Kitaoka (Japanese), Danielle McRae (English)An intrepid adventurer and freelance researcher currently under Croseit R&D's employ. Despite lack of actual experience with alchemy, her years of studying it made her one of the discipline's foremost brains. She is Keithgriff Hazeldine's niece.
- Adventurer Archaeologist
- Brilliant but Lazy: She can read the ancient language and Escha mentions that she could be an amazing alchemist if she wanted to, but Threia's not interested.
- Coat Cape
- Genius Slob: Her office is repeatedly stated to be extremely messy, to the point where assistants have gotten trapped beneath the massive load of paperwork inside. She is also one of the smartest people in the game.
- Improbable Weapon User: An earring with alchemy powers.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: With Reyfer, who she thinks only cares about the monetary value of the artifacts they find, rather than its historical value.
- Walking the Earth
- Workaholic: Rarely sleeps, spends almost all her time on work, and claims that everyone who lives normally are not efficient with their time, much to the surprise and shock of Logy.
- Artificial Human
- Big Eater: Wins an eating contest without breaking a sweat.
- Expy: Possibly to Aurica from Ar tonelico. Artifical human, weakest from her "sisters", body build and hair. Also, her name is one of Aurica's songs. Sadly she doesn't have Aurica's cooking ability.
- Glowing Eyes: In her special.
- Hair Decorations
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery
- Lady of War: And nothing has changed in four years.
- Sword Drag
- Zettai Ryouiki
Wilbell voll Erslied
- Ascended Extra: In Anime adaption giving her much more role and screen time contrast to her appearance in actual game.
- Blatant Lies: She's totally not a witch.
- Brilliant but Lazy
- Cute Witch
- Downloadable Content: She is playable as DLC.
- Fiery Redhead: Her hair's actually pink, but her personality is closer to this.
- Nice Hat: A classical witch hat, which stays on even in the hot springs.
- She Is All Grown Up
- Nice Hat
- Promoted to Playable: In the Vita port version of the game.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt
- Walking Spoiler: Quite literally. She was DEAD in the previous game!
Voiced by: Chihiro Uno (Japanese)A 12-year-old peddler who claims to be selling rare and interesting things, but seems to be lacking in market-smarts. She occasionally tries to dupe Escha into buying things. Otherwise she serves as your ingredients supplier.
- Downloadable Content: She is playable as DLC.
- Fallen-on-Hard-Times Job: Her parents used to own a shop. When it had to close down Katla tried to carry on her family business long after her parents gave up on it.
- She plays this up in a rather funny skit early on, however.
- Nice Hat
- Plucky Girl: Refuses to give up hope on reviving the family shop as her parents did.
- Token Mini-Moe: Of the DLC characters.
Micie Sun Mussemburg
Voiced by: Tomo Muranaka (Japanese), Erica Mendez (English)A young elite working working for the Audit Bureau in Central City who came to inspect the Branch Office's affairs.
- Adorably Precocious Child
- Can't Spit It Out: To Katla.
- Coat Cape
- Downloadable Content: He is playable as DLC.
- Improbable Age: He's only 14, but he's already working a rather demanding job as central audit bureau inspector.
- Something About a Rose: Has a habit of swinging around a rose whenever he's quoting his mentor.
Voiced by: Daisuke Matsubara (Japanese), Ray Chase (English)The man in charge of Colseit Branch's logistics. The duo can requests items from Central through him and depending on the reputation of the Branch, they may fulfill it.
- Jerk Ass: As he's a bureaucrat, he has to make sure all the paper's are in working order. Which leads him to make smarmy remarks to people who don't fill out papers correctly.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He treats the Homunculi very well.
- Perpetual Frowner
- The Resenter: In a scene where he's quite unhappy when the Homonculus decided to choose Lucile's stories over his sweets.
- The Stoic: His emotions are fairly hard to read.
- Sweet Tooth: He makes his own sweets, often eats them in cutscenes and pays you in sweets.
Marion Quinnanother investigation in a remote area.
- Christmas Cake: Starts to get worried about still being single despite her age. Looks like she ignored her mentor's complain.
- Every Girl Is Cuter with Hair Decs: It's the same one from Linca's ending in the previous game!
- Quest Giver: Her role in the game.
Voiced by: Tsuyoshi KoyamaProprietor of the Dragon's Fist Tavern in Colseit. He used to be an investigator but retired and opened up a tavern. He sells food and related ingredients as well.
- Ambiguously Bi: The first thing he says to Logy is an observation about how attractive he is.
- Badass Beard
- The Bartender
- Carpet of Virility
- Retired Badass
- Supreme Chef: His food was a great hit with the customers, though he didn't like the fact that the majority of the customers are male.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Colland.
Voiced by: Kento Fujinuma (Japanese)Chief of Colseit Branch and Solle's father.
- The Casanova: Commented by Duke to be one in their younger years, frequently bringing in women into their campsite and running around naked.
- Large And In Charge
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- Right Behind Me: Extremely prone to this.
- Standard '50s Father: Very much so; both to Solle and his men. The entire R&D Division is afraid of him.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Duke.
Voiced by: Mitsuaki Madono (Japanese), Ray Chase (English)A mam of many self-proclaimed titles, who is also a treasure hunter working with Reyfer
- High-Class Glass
- Intrepid Merchant
- Small Name, Big Ego: He kept his personality since the last game.
Voiced by: Hibiku Yamamura (Japanese)An Automaton who was friends with Escha's mother before she passed away and is Escha's surrogate mother. Unlike other Automatons, she studied human expression and emotion in order to interact with them better.
- Brutal Honesty: She didn't bat an eye when she tells Escha shortly after starting her job that since she isn't around to "help", the work at the orchard improved.
- In the anime, when Escha and Logy ask her about the windmill, she flat out asks Escha if she was fired.
- Chekhov's Gunman: She had past connections to the final boss
- Could Say It But: She basically could have majorly contributed the mystery of the Unexplored Ruins, but chose not to because she though it was futile.
- Creepy Monotone: The only characteristic of Automatons that Clone didn't fix.
- It's Pronounced Tro-PAY: An accent on the e would've helped. Her name is pronounced like Cloné
- Living Relic
- Really 700 Years Old: She's over 900 years old.
Faul MalierEscha's father.
Voiced by: Kana Akutsu (Japanese)A mysterious girl who was found in some ancient ruins. Her existence is a complete mystery to everyone.
Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu (Japanese)One of Linca's older sisters.