Voiced by: Ron Howard
"Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together. It's Arrested Development."The Lemony Narrator of the show, who helps the series keep up its fast-paced plot.
- Actor Allusion: There are plenty throughout the series, especially noticable in Season 4 now that Ron Howard himself is an actual, canonical character in the universe.
- Celebrity Paradox: Bizarrely, despite that the narrator makes constant references to Howard’s career and more-or-less subtly portrays Howard in a positive light throughout Season 4, he still refers to the Ron Howard appearing in the actual show in third person.
- Deadpan Snarker
- End-of-Series Awareness
- Lemony Narrator: As the series goes on, he gets closer to being this, especially when commenting on the Show Within a Show's own narrator.
- No Fourth Wall
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Less and less as the series goes on, and he gets more and more moments that betray his initial characterisation as the impartial bystander.Narrator: ... It was weird.
- Self-Deprecation: Ron Howard takes a pretty good beating in season 4, though this paradoxically makes him one of the more reasonable and well-adjusted characters in the series, probably on purpose.