open/close all folders
Original Midnight Society
Takes place during Seasons 1-5
Gary (Seasons 1-5)
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Sam.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Responsible to Tucker's foolish.
- The Hero
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni to both Tucker and Frank.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Sensitive guy to Frank's manly man.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With his younger brother Tucker.
- Smart People Wear Glasses
Betty Ann (Seasons 1-5)
- Ambiguously Brown: Her ethnicity is never specified.
- Brainy Brunette
- Ironic Name: "Betty Ann" is a surprisingly cute name for a girl that's got such a flair for the macabre.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Her calmer demeanor makes her the blue oni to Kiki's boldness.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Her stories tended to have the darkest endings. She also owns a pet tarantula.
- The Smart Guy
Kiki (Seasons 1-5)
- The Big Guy
- Lad Ette
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Her outspokenness makes her the red oni to Betty Ann's more cheerful and mellow nature.
- Sassy Black Woman
Frank (Seasons 1-4)
- Ambiguously Brown: Ethnicity not specified either.
- The Lancer
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red Oni to Gary.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Manly Man to Gary and David being Sensitive Guys.
David (Seasons 1-2)
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Another sensitive guy to be compared to the very manly man Frank was.
- The Smart Guy
Kristen (Seasons 1-2)
Eric (Season 1)
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Disappeared after Season 1. He's only character whose departure was never addressed.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Though he usually sparred with Frank, he had a habit of antagonizing the others.
- Sixth Ranger
Tucker (Seasons 3-5)
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Foolish to Gary's responsible.
- The Friend Nobody Likes
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With his older brother Gary.
- Tagalong Kid
Samantha (Seasons 3-5)
Stig (Season 5)
New Midnight Society
Takes place during Seasons 6-7
Monsters and Ghosts
- Big Bad: Of the Tale of the Silver Sight story arc.
- The Chessmaster: Helps the current midnight society to find the Silver Sight device, so it can wrap them up in the same Deal with the Devil it did with the original Midnight society.
- Creepy Child: It's mostly seen in the form of a young child.
- Deal with the Devil: It is a demon who uses the Silver Sight device to grant wishes and collect souls.
- Hoist by His Own Petard/Karmic Death: It's MO was to use the Silver Sight decive to collect souls, try to guess what's used to destroy it.
- Knight of Cerebus: Not that the show was already dark, but it's a big threat because it's real and actually interacts with the Midnight Society.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: In-Universe, it's after the Midnight Society, however since the Midnight Society takes place in the "Real World." It might come after you.
- This Can Not Be: When it realizes that Gary is using the power of the Silver Sight against it.
- This Was His True Form: When it's being defeated it briefly transforms into something resembling a pale old man.
- Ascended Extra: According to Word Of God, Sardo was only supposed to be in one episode, but they liked the actor, so they kept bringing him back. He even continued to appear after Gary left.
- Ascended Extra: Like Sardo, Vink was only supposed to be in one episode, but they kept bringing him back due to the actor's performance.
- Monster Clown: He was only harassing the kid to get back his stolen clown nose, but he was still pretty scary.
- Butt-Dialing Mordor
- The Scourge of God: Punishing people who make prank phone calls. With eternal imprisonment in a dungeon.