The Alliance Of Sun and Shadow
Harry James Potter
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: He has a tendency to be overly-self sacrificing, which he grows out of as the story progresses.
- Dark is Not Evil
- Freak Out: After Sylarana dies and all his repressed emotions burst out, creating a magical storm.
- Hates Being Touched
- Humble Hero: Taken to dark extremes.
- He's so uncomfortable taking credit for anything that he's willing to use memory charms to make others believe they were the heroes; this is a consequence of his "training".
- Good Scars, Evil Scars : Has a lightning scar on the head for surviving the Killing Curse.
- Martyr Without a Cause - A particularly dark example. Harry has been so conditioned to devote and sacrifice himself for his brother that even after breaking free from the web he still repeatedly chooses to sacrifice himself for others, even when this possibly isn't the only option.
- More Than Mind Control: Lily drilled into him from toddlerhood that his only purpose was to protect his brother, in addition to actually, magically enforcing that conditioning..
- The Protagonist
- Stepford Smiler: In earlier books, where he is trained to repress every negative or subversive thought he has.
- Training from Hell : Absolutely taken seriously by the story.
- Avoiding the touch of loved ones
- Casting pain curses on himself to learn how resist pain
- Losing on purpose to his brother for 'be as ordinary as possible'
- The Unfavorite: An extreme example. Even aside from Lily's abuse of him in the name of making him a better servant to his brother, there are a lot of little moments where other adults, such as James, ignore or degrade Harry's achievements in favor of Connor. Many of them don't even seem aware that they're doing it.
- Wise Beyond Their Years