Characters: Aoi Sekai No Chuushin de-Segua Kingdom
These are the characters who are the centre of attention in Aoi Sekai no Chūshin de
. They represent the real life company known as "Sega" and only own 10 % of the Consume land. They are the main protagonists of the story, and as their kingdom battles with the "Ninteldo" Empire, they all obtain greater strength and meet new allies.
The main group of protagonists in the series. The Team
initially consists of Gear and Nel but Opal, Ramses, and Tejirov join the team after they all join the same unit.
They are all apart of the "Specialized Unit" but for now, Gear, Nel, Opal, and Tejirov call themselves the Segua Warriors.Back to the main character index
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Between Opal and Gear. It's downplayed because they aren't on bad terms, but they do argue quite often.
- Big Brother Mentor: Tejirov to Gear.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Gear and Opal are usually the Boke, while Nel and Tejirov are played as the Tsukkomi.
- Childhood Friends: Gear and Nel.
- Covert Pervert: Opal and Tejirov are by far the most perverted out of the groups. It's downplayed a bit since Tejirov does not hide his perversity, while Opal tries to hide it but usually ends up acting as if she wants it.
- Dark and Troubled Past: All of their back stories are quite tragic and sad:
- Gear and Nel watched as their best friend Til was killed before their eyes.
- Opal watched as her older brother was killed because of his relentless attitude.
- Tejirov was forced to absorb his best friend when he was critically injured and on the brink of death.
- Determinator: No matter how difficult the task is, they never submit defeat unless it is completely hopeless. It takes a near death experience for Gear to realize that if he dies, then he'll let down the very people he is trying protect.
- Heroes Fight Barehanded: Gear, in his case he prefers to use his hands and legs. It fits his fighting style perfectly.
- Heroic BSOD:
- Gear and Nel have one in the prologue, when Til dies.
- Gear has another when he is forced to absorb his dying father in order to make his death meaningful.
- Opal and Nel both have one when they think that Gear is dead. Thankfully, he survived.
- Honor Before Reason: After their assault on Mecha Tower succeeds, they all abandon the original plan and fight their respective counterparts because they owed them a rematch.
- Power-Up: At the beginning of the story, the only one in the group who starts of immensely strong is Tejirov, but thanks the ability of the "Killers", Gear, Opal, and Nel all achieve unmeasurable strength and become Consume's greatest warriors.
- Student and Master Team: Tejirov is considered the Master to all of the other members, as he has to train all three of them to control their abilities.
- Team Mom: Ramses acts this way towards Gear, Nel, and Opal.
- Three Plus Two: Gear, Nel, and Opal are the three, while Ramses and Tejirov are the two.
- Took a Level in Badass: Words cannot express how powerful each of them becomes as the story goes on, but the best mention has to go to Gear who started off as only a Lightning Bruiser, but became the Worlds Strongest Man....in only a year!
- Two Girls to a Team: Well discounting Ramses, who only joins the party on a few occasions, Opal and Nel are evened out with Gear and Tejirov in a 2:2 ratio.
- Vitriolic Best Buds:
open/close all folders
Gear is the main protagonist of the Aoi Sekai no Chūshin de series. He is based off of Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog and he is a resident of the Segua Kingdom.
Prior to the beginning of the series, Gear had apparently decided to stay out of the war between Segua and Ninteldo and had gone to live in the mountains with his best friend, Til , and younger sister, Nel .One day, after Ninteldo troops attacked Gear and Nel, and killed Til
, Gear swore he would take down Ninteldo and went with his sister to join the Segua army.
Gear is strong-willed, as evidenced by his will to join the army and defeat the Ninteldo Empire. He is also a forgiving and kindhearted. Gear does not entirely share the personality of his counterpart Sonic the Hedgehog; Sonic is more impatient and second guesses himself less than Gear. However, they both share a friendly personality. Gear likes to run at his top speed when fighting opponents and is proud of his unmatched agility.
He is the son of General Alex
- I Meant to Do That: Whenever he fails at doing something cool he'll try to play it off and say he did it on purpose.
- Kind Hearted Simple Ton: He may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's awfully nice.
- Knuckle Cracking: What he does before each battle or before he's about to pound someone.
- Lightning Bruiser:
- Never Grew Up: Slightly averted. When he started out he was quite the Man Child, but as he came across more and more dangerous situations, he evolved past his childness and grew into a mature leader.
- Nice Guy: One of the nicest guys in the series.
- Nitro Boost: When he figures out that he can use his power of Acton to apply it to his legs to give him a temporary boost in speed to break the sound barrier.
- No Sense of Personal Space: One of the main causes of Opal's blushes.
- Mr. Fanservice: He's usually shirtless in his fights which exposes his incredibly well toned physique.
- Running Gag:
- Whenever Opal tries to make a joke or a pun, he'll disown her by saying "That wasn't funny".
- Every time he is about to go sprinting off to attack the enemy, Tejirov trips him over to actually explain the plan first.
- He likes to nod off during the middle of briefings.
- Ship Tease: The entire Segua Kingdom along with Tejirov and Nel ship him together with Opal. Even though they refuse to have any feelings for one another, you can easily tell that they are more than just friends.
- Shonen Hair
- Super Drowning Skills: Yea, just don't let him near any source of water.
- Super Mode: When all of his action abilities are attributed to his entire body, he can enter Super Mode where he becomes faster than the speed of light. Needless to say, no one can fuck with him in this state.
- Super Speed: In Freaking Spades
- Time Skip: There is a two year time skip right before his Training from Hell with Tofai
- Took A Level In Bad Ass:
- Training from Hell: The training he endured with Tofai for two years definitely counts as this, as Tofai even stated before they began that there was a high possibility that he could die.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: An Expy from his game counterpart, as he cannot stand water and sinks like a rock if he ever falls in.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Sonic and Gear share this.
Nel is one of the protagonist of the Aoi Sekai no Chūshin de series. She is based off of Nei from Phantasy Star II.
Nel is timid and shy to most, but when she starts getting into a conversation, she opens up quite a bit. She doesn't talk very much and she has phobias for just about everything. She does love to read and write, though, and is very smart and intelligent.
Nel appears quite shy and has long purple hair. She wears sweet and cute clothing that reflects her personality.
Originally, Nel did not have any known powers and was more of a cheer leader for Gear; but when Tejirof was training Gear and Opal, he revealed that she was a "Killer" with the power to hear and see things better than others. This is power was known as "Online", it is a reference to multiplayer games and the ability to connect with people far away. A fourth wall joke is made by Tejirof, where he says that it will be useful in the future. A reference to how games now focus alot on multiplayer now. She has a claw she wears on her right hand, which is a reference to Nei's weapon in Phantasy Star 2.
- Action Girl: Not quite at first, but ever since her training with Tejirov, she vows to fight along side her brother.
- Badass BookWorm: She's quite intelligent and opts herself to learn more about her "Online" ability.
- Brutal Honesty: After Gear came back from his raid on Vazer's castle, she stated that she now knew the reason why Til did not respect him.
- Damsel out of Distress: When she and Opal get captured by the Kong brothers, she is able to escape and find a way to not only steal some great information about them, but take out quite alot of soldiers by tricking them.
- Expy: She is supposed to represent Nei from Phantasy Star II. Also, her ability "Online" is supposed to reference Multi-player Online, where she can "connect" with people far away.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: She is usually never the target of Tejirov's perversity, although there are times where even she cannot escape the fan service.
- Fragile Flower
- Little Sister Heroine: Being the adopted young sister of the main protagonist, she is naturally this.
- Shipper on Deck: She actively ships Gear and Opal but she thinks that they're just good friends.
- Ship Tease: She gets quite a few with Masa.
- Shrinking Violet: She is quiet shy, timid, and sensitive.
- The Cutie: Just look at her.
- The Smart Girl: Apart from Tejirov and Ramses, she is the smartest person in the Segua Army.
- Took A Level In Bad Ass: Oh my lawd, when she learns how to utilize her Online ability along with her weapon, she becomes quite a deadly opponent to face.
- Troubled, but Cute: She's always worrying about her older brother and how he's always getting himself into danger, and Tejirov claims that's one of her best charms.
- Wolverine Claws: Her weapon of choice.
Voiced by: Izumi Kitta
Opal is one of the protagonists of the Aoi Sekai no Chūshin de series. She is based off of Opa-Opa from Fantasy Zone.
Opal has a dark-purple hair color and purple eyes to match. Unlike Gear and Nel, her hair color does not match the character she represents in Fantasy Zone. She has a circulet on that has small wings that stick out above her ears. She wears a necklace made of what looks like bells, but it has not been proven that they are. She wears a tan single shoulder top and loin cloth and under that black underwear and bra. Opal wears sandals that wrap around up to her calfs. She carries her trademark bow and arrows around at all times
Despite Gear personifiying Sonic the Hedgehog, Opal is defintely more recognized as the one with the attitude. When she does not like someone, she is blunt about it. Opal has a sense of humor that is not as appreciated as she would like. Everytime she makes a joke she asks "was that funny?", in which Gear would respond with "not really...". More than her attitude, Opal is very overconfident. She has a tendancy to underestimate her opponents, causing her to be easily caught off guard.
She has unbelievable accuracy, with a bow and arrow. She is also a Killer, who has the ability to shoot energy out of her finger tips.
- Absolute Cleavage: Downplayed, since she only got that specific outfit when her's was torn apart by Gear when he tackled her. Regardless just look at it!◊
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: After her loss at the hands of Gear, she expects him to do this◊ , and some of that.◊ Subverted, seeing as when he only asks that they fight alongside one another, she isn't too dissapointed. Whether or not she actually wanted it is still debatable.
- The Archer: Her main source of attack. It helps that her Killer ability revolves around Ranged attacks. She could give Green Arrow a run for his money.
- Arrogant Archer Girl: She has quite an ego on her, as she believes her abilities far surpass that of everyone else's. It takes quite a number of losses for her to realize that she isn't as strong as she thinks she is and that she needs to get even better.
- Amazonian Beauty: She comes from a village of amazon woman who specialize in archery, and each and every one of them are fine as well.
- Attention Whore: She gets quite annoyed whenever the attention is not on herself.
- Badass: No Doubt about it
- Bare Your Midriff: A standard for a women who comes from an amazon tribe.
- Breast Expansion: Her breasts start off with D's, but by the final chapter she has full blown F's. Tejirov approves.
- Can't Take Criticism: She has quite an ego so she doesn't take kindly to people who point out her flaws.
- Character Development: Her development compared to the rest of the cast is quite something else. She first began to hate all men due to her father's actions. After meeting up with Gear and Tejirov, her opinion of them has drastically changed and she opts herself to be more open and kind.
- Clothing Damage: Happens quite early on with her fight with Gear.
- Covert Pervert: Even though she claims to not be this, when Gear defeated her and told her that he could do anything with her, the way she was squeezing her thighs together and posing seductively suggests otherwise.
- Defeat Means Friendship: How she became friends with Gear.
- Dark and Troubled Past: It is revealed that her father used to be apart of the Segua Kingdom until he began to betray them and hurt members of his own party (including his own daughter and wife).
- Does Not Like Men: Quite at first, but she softens up to most of them, especially Gear.
- Energy Bow: She learns this ability after she absorbs her best friend.
- Emotionally Tongue Tied: She doesn't like to apologize or admit that she is wrong.
- Erotic Eating: Tejirov suggests that she do this when she was eating her popsicle.
- Expy: She is supposed to represent Opa Opa from the Fantasy Zone. Even though their resemblance is quite off, there are a few references that show their connection.
- The most obvious being the wings at the back of her head and the fact that her main way of attacking is "shooting".
- Female Gaze: She has quite a few whenever she is near Gear.
- Forgetful Jones: Quite forgetful.
- Gainaxing: Much to her embarrassment whenver Tejirov sees it.
- Hand Blast: Her Killer ability known as "Shooting" allows her to transform nature energy into parts of her body and fire them in a condensed beam.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: GAZE UPON IT! ◊
- Improbable Aiming Skills: She was able to shoot off Gear's handcuffs...when he was falling from the sky....when she was 50 metres away!.
- Loincloth: Part of her Amazon Look.
- Luminescent Blush: Happens quite frequently after she became friends with Gear. Just Look◊
- The Ditz: When all you do is practice your aiming skills....you become quite dumb.
- Murderous Thighs: When she was captured along with Nel, she uses this on one of the guards that was protecting her cell.
- Mouthy Kid: Mouthiest out of the group.
- Ms. Fanservice: Words cannot express how much service this girl gives. LOOK◊
- Pun: Has one quite early on. "If me and Gear work together! And if the Gears Mesh...."
- Running Gag:
- She'll tell a lame joke and then say "Was that not funny?", usually disowned by Gear who says "No it wasn't"
- She's Got Legs
- Ship Tease: The minute her and Gear became friends, the ship was rolling!
- Shower Scene: Quite a few.
- Sore Loser: Hates losing as much as her hate for her father.
- StripperRiffic: Her outfit.
- Took A Level In Bad Ass: Being one of the protagonists of the story, this was naturally bound to happen.
Tejirof is one of the protagonist of the Aoi Sekai no Chūshin de series. He is based off of Tetris.
Tejirof wears a green robe (perhaps silk) that has a yellow highlight line going down the fold. Underneath this is simple, skintight black clothing. His right ear is pierced with an earring resembling a 3D version of one of the L-shaped blocks from Tetris. found on his right side is a dagger with a hilt shaped like another L-block, this one being flat and made of some kind of wood. He is also often seen with a small monkey, which later takes a liking to Nel, monkeys being a prominent theme in Sega Tetris releases like Dekaris.
Tejirof comes over as a kind of arrogant guy who makes perverted jokes and statements, but appears to be a nicer guy after all. Despite his arrogant statements, he can read someone like a book and knows far more than he lets on, or bothers to say. He has shown attraction to Ramses, most likely as a way to try and salvage whatever relationship the two had had in the past, but these also could be pure perverted.
It is revealed that Tejirof was Ramses's instructor at Puzzle Magic Academy. Due to his constant perverted statements towards her, it is safe to assume they have a history in bed together (from at least Nel's and Opal's point of view).During the start the show, Tegirof is called in by Ramses as a mercenary, who's original purpose is unknown, and becomes Gear's trainer. Being the most knowledgeable of the Special Force Team, He eventually continues on to become trainers of Opal and even Nil. He is the mentor and stability of the team.
- The Ace: Top of his class in Puzzle Magician's Academy, Extremely good looking, and is holder of the strongest man in the Seguan Army. Yup, they should nick name him "Tejirov the Ace".
- Bishōnen: If Nel and Opal immediately blushing in his first appearance isn't enough, then this picture might convince you. ◊
- Barrier Warrior: One of his more prominent abilities, creating cube shaped barriers that can repel almost any attack. Not even Gear's top speed is able to penetrate it, as evidenced here◊
- Big Brother Mentor: He acts this way towards Gear.
- Black Mage: The true extent of his abilities are never fully explored but he can use a variety of different "mage" spells.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: Completely Averted. He acts especially perverted towards one of the few woman who can resist his charms.
- Catch Phrase: "You just have to stick it in"
- Chick Magnet: Even more so then the main protagonist!
- Chivalrous Pervert: Even though he is quite dirty minded and shameless, he would never do something against a woman's heart.
- Con Man: As a mercenary moving from town to town, he naturally had to do a few "dirty" things to survive.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Hands one out to the Gear....three times!'
- Dark and Troubled Past: We learn that during his childhood, he was supposedly considered an outcast because of his reluctance to get along with other kids.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: His references towards Tetris in how he has to plug in holes to "fill" the gap.
- Dirty Old Monk:
- Double Entendre:
- Elemental Powers:
- Establishing Character Moment: This◊
- Expy: He is supposed to be the anime embodiment of Tetris. There are quite a number of hints:
- First being, his usual perverted remarks referencing the main objective of Tetris, in how he has to "stick" it in the holes.
- Another being, that his earring is in the form of a block of cubes, commonly seen in the game.
- One of the most subtly things, is that whenever he is exhausted and is close to death, he will start speeding up his words and will become much faster. This is a reference to the game in how when the player is close to losing, the music will begin to speed up.
- Handsome Lech
- I'm a Man, I Can't Help It: One of his motto's.
- Loveable Rogue: Even though he's a pervert and a lech, he is quite respected and loved by everyone. It made it even worse for Gear who treated him like a brother when he defected.
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Mr. Fanservice: He is quite fit and toned himself.
- Sexy Priest: He's not really a priest, he sure does dress like one.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Gear and Opal quite hard. He even gives Gear advice on how to have sex with her. His reaction was priceless.
- Simple Staff: Even though he is famous throughout the Consume world, his weapon of choice is quite bland. This does not stop it from delivering some curbstomps.
- Stepford Smiler: Usually has a smile on his face, that covers his dark and troubled past that he is ashamed of.
- Thanks for the Mammary: Less than ten seconds into his debut appearance. Look◊
- The Casanova: He flirts with everything that moves.
- The Charmer
- The Smart Guy: The most intelligent member in the entire Segua Kingdom.
Voiced by: Yukiko Monden
Ramses is a supporting character that appears in the Aoi Sekai no Chūshin de series. She is based off of Columns.
Ramses has long, pink hair that goes down to her shoulders. She wears a headband, necklace, and other accessories that are covered in jewels to represent the columns from Columns. She wears a purple turtle-neck shirt and shoulder guards. She has a sword that she carries on her belt, yet to be seen using it. She is one of the only characters whose eyes aren't the same as her outfit or hair.
She has a very fortified personality. She does not have any real noticeable quirks as of now. Ramses is actually quite tolerant, even with Tejirov's perverted mind.
Ramses has no known powers now, but she has attended Puzzle Magic Academy like Tejirov. She will most likely use Puzzle Magic like Tejirov as well.
- A Mother to Her Men
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: Oh god, this woman takes a complete 180 degree turn in personality if liquor so much as drips into her mouth.
- Expy: She is supposed to be a representation of the Columns game that was made in contrast to Nintendo publishing Tetris, which is quite a coincidence seeing as how she seems to be on good terms with Tejirov, who represents Tetris.
- Lust Object: For Tejirov
- Mama Bear: Definitely counts as this towards her subordinates.
- My Beloved Smother: She acts this way towards Gear and Nel, but especially Gear due to the fact that she made a promise with Gear's parents that she would take care of him if they did not return.
- Running Gag: Her breasts are groped by Tejirov, followed by her trying to ignore him but is unable to because he wont remove his hand.
- Ship Tease: While she does have a crush on Ryu, she has quit a few moments with Kiriya.
- The Stoic: She tries to be this whenever there are briefings....unfortunately, Tejirov likes to completely disrupt her concentration with his perversity.
- Team Mom: She may be the lieutenant of the Segua Kingdom, but she is definitely 100 % protective towards her followers.
- Younger than She Looks: She looks like she's at least sixteen. Guess again...