Characters / Air Force Blues
Capt. Ken "Barbie" Dahl
Every fighter pilot stereotype rolled into a dumb as all hell package, convinced that he is not only God's gift to the Air Force, but to the entire Earth. Complicating things is his position in the 69th Pre-Emptive Nuclear Intercept Squadron.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite having sitcom-quality judgment in the rest of his life, evidence suggests Barbie really is a good pilot.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Though he doesn't know it...
- Miles Gloriosus: Subverted. He is obnoxiously full of himself, but the very few times we ever see him do any dogfighting, he turns out to be exactly as good as he thinks he is. Of course, those times were both on secret missions, so he can't actually use that to give himself credibility.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: You just don't see it very often.
Staff Sgt. Justin Coffman
of Dahl, he is everything the good captain isn't, including thoughtful, considerate, and not hyperinflated.
1st Lt. Lana "Leia" Willows
One of a very few female officers seen so far, "Leia" is the newest member to the squadron,as well as the most naive. And no, her callsign isn't a reference
. (Those of you who don't get it, try dragging out the syllables) And yes, the princess does have daddy issues. Not what you'd expect.
- The Ditz
- Hidden Depths: As time wore on after her introduction and she got more character development her initial impression of being The Ditz faded away quite a bit.
Lt. Col. Mike "Deadlock" Roland
The level-headed commander of the 809th and the 69th PNIS, Roland has the responsibilities of two high priority missions squarely on his shoulders.