open/close all folders
The New Hunters
ElpizoThe main character, and former Big Bad of Mega Man Zero 2. He was restored to Reploid form (having previously been a Cyber Elf) to help combat the Prometheaum. Although met with suspicion by many, especially Harpuia and Craft, he quickly gained favor through his actions against the Prometheaum, as well as his vital role in the reclamation of the Hunter Caravan.
- The Atoner: Obviously.
- Badass Long Coat
- Blessed with Suck: How he feels about his "Battle Mode", since it reminds him of what he used to be.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Hero
- Ship Tease: With Leviathan.
- Super Mode: He still has his battle armor, despite the fact that he only had it in MMZ 2 due to the Dark Elf's influence. It turns out that he can still use it due to a small portion of the Dark Elf's power remaining within him.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Harpuia.
Leviathan (Lev)The youngest of the Four Guardians that previously worked for Copy X, as well as the only female. Out of everyone, she is the most friendly and open towards Elpizo in the beginning. In fact, she may have some hidden feelings for him...
- Action Girl
- An Ice Person
- Big "NO!": When Staggroff dies.
- Blade on a Stick
- Deadpan Snarker: She has her moments.
- Genki Girl
- The Lancer / The Chick
- Ship Tease: With Elpizo.
- Team Mom
HarpuiaThe eldest of the Four Guardians. He was immensely distrustful of Elpizo at first, but has slowly (and begrudgingly) become more accepting of him. He is stern and by the book, but he has a good heart.
- The Atoner: He tries not to let it show, but his guilt over what he did under Copy X really eats at him.
- By-the-Book Cop
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- The Lancer / The Big Guy: Alternates between these roles.
- The Stoic
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Elpizo
FefnirThe second youngest of the Four Guardians. He loves a good fight, and as such has extensive knowledge on various war strategies.
- The Big Guy
- Blood Knight: Though considerably toned down compared to the games.
- Never Live It Down: His failure to protect the Hunter Caravan from being occupied is a constant source of mockery for him.
- Noodle Incident: Its never actually shown exactly how he lost the Caravan.
PhantomThe middle of the Four Guardians, rebuilt after his death in MMZ 1. After Mantisk's killing of his apprentice Tech Kraken, he has sworn to take vengeance against him, while at the same time becoming the guardian (no pun intended) of Kraken's human charges, Vent and Aile.
- Big "NO!": When Mantisk kills Kraken.
- It's Personal: Towards Mantisk.
- Revenge Before Reason: He was in danger of falling into this in the "zombie" arc, but Lev talked him to his senses.
Ciel DarlanThe leader of the New Hunters. She struggles to remain strong in the wake of Zero's disappearence as well as the Prometheum's attacks on the world. She is also Aloutte's surrogate mother.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: She is just as kind and compassionate as she is in the games, but here she is much more assertive and war-savvy, and even joins her men on the field once she gets her Power Armor.
- A Mother To Her Men
- Big Good
- Power Armor
- Retcon: Her age (changed from late teens to early-mid 20's), as well as the inclusion of a last name.
- Took a Level in Badass: especially after she gets her Power Armor.
Vent LaywrightThe elder of the two children of late Hunter scientist Abigail Laywright. After the Prometheum's attack on the Hunter Caravan, in which his mother was killed by Mantisk, he and his younger sister Aile were spirited away by a sympathetic Tech Kraken in an attempt to hide them from Mantisk, who sought their Biometals. Eventually, Mantisk cornered them and killed Mantisk, but they were saved by Phantom. They have since joined the Hunters as apprentices. Despite being the older sibling, Vent is moody and hotheaded, often not thinking before diving into the fray, much to Aile's exasperation. His driving goal is to become strong enough to protect Aile, as well as defeat Mantisk. He wields the Biometal Model X
- Big Brother Instinct
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Never My Fault: He is slightly distant towards the Hunters because he feels they are partly responsible for his mother's death for being unable to protect her.
Aile LaywrightThe younger daughter of Abigail Laywright. Like Vent, she is Hot-Blooded, but unlike her brother she manages to remain calm and rational, even when faced with the likes of Mantisk. She is warm and friendly, but is fiercely protective of her new adoptive family. She wields the Biometal Model ZX
- Action Girl
- Angst? What Angst?
- Punctuated Pounding: Gives one to Mantisk at the end of the zombie arc.
XThe now-legendary Maverick Hunter who once saved the world from the mad tyrant Sigma. His body was destroyed by Elpizo in MMZ 2, but, with his approval, Ciel created a new body for him so that he could once more fight to protect the lives of humans and Reploids alike.
- The Mentor: Serves as this to Elpizo, in a way.
- My Fist Forgives You: Towards Elpizo, complete with Groin Attack.
- The Smart Guy
Alouette DarlanA young Reploid girl that was orphaned, and subsequently adopted by Ciel, during the Arcadia Wars. In the aftermath of Weil's death, she has decided to take a more active role in the activities of the New Hunters, and is now the sub-commander, under her "Big Sis". Wherever she goes, her semi-sentient stuffed animal is close behind.
- Cheerful Child
- Friend to All Living Things
- Morality Pet: To Devilbat.
- She Is All Grown Up: When she dons her Prairie clothes. Lampshaded by Harpuia.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Wise Beyond Their Years
Abigail LaywrightThe mother of Vent and Aile, Abigail Laywright was a Hunter researcher and a close friend of Ciel. She was working on creating special stones imbued with the DNA of certain Reploids that allowed the bearer to attain the powers of the DNA donor. Tragically, these Biometals garnered the Prometheum's attention, and Mantisk was sent to attack the Hunter Caravan and obtain the Biometals. Abigail was killed by Mantisk, but not before helping her children escape with Tech Kraken and ensuring the Biometals were scattered around the world in places she hoped the Mavericks would never find them. Her death lays heavily on Ciel's mind.
PrometheusA mysterious Reploid that suddenly appeared one year after the destruction of Ragnarok. With an army of Mavericks, many of them resurrected from the Arcadia Wars, he seeks to conquer the world. He seems to fear Elpizo for some reason, and has made his destruction a top priority. His motivations for wanting to take control of the world is unknown, but they seem to involve the Biometals somehow...
- Alternate Character Interpretation: He. Is. Sane. Enough said.
- Big Bad: Currently
- The Chessmaster
- Even Evil Has Standards: Really disapproves of Mantisk's atrocities.
- Noble Demon
- Sinister Scythe: Duh.
Cubit Foxtar, "The Cunning Kitsune"The strongest of the Judge Generals, as well as the only female among them. She serves as Prometheus' right hand and personal adviser.
- The Dragon
- Even Evil Has Standards: Like Prometheus, really disapproves of Mantisk's atrocities.
- Noble Demon
- Pet the Dog: Putting a stop to Mantisk's rampage in the Caravan.
Deathtanz Mantisk, "The Dark Hunter"The second strongest of the Judge Generals. Ruthless, pitiless, and completely devoid of anything even resembling compassion, he enjoys toying with his prey and prolonging their agony before finally killing them. He is currently tasked with obtaining the Biometals, but is kept on a tight leash by Prometheus due to his depravity.
- Evil Gloating: He just loves rubbing his atrocities in his victims faces.
- Moral Event Horizon: Murdering Kraken and then mocking Phantom about it, mocking Vent and Aile over their mother's death (which he, again, was responsible for), and finally, installing a self destruct program into the brainwashed Mavericks, without Prometheus' approval, and then sending Lev to meet the brainwashed Staggroff and cure him, knowing full well he will die, just to make Lev suffer.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast
- Smug Snake
Devilbat Schiltz, "The Silent Watcher"One of the Judge Generals, and the chief of reconnaissance and espionage for the Prometheum. He was tasked with assassinating the newly restored Elpizo before he regained his full power, but was intercepted and subdued by Fefnir and Harpuia. He is now a prisoner of the Hunters. Devilbat is smug and arrogant, believing firmly in Prometheus' beliefs that humanity is weak and must be guided by Reploid masters, but lately, due to both the Hunters' surprisingly (to him) humane treatment of him, as well as the influence of Alouette, his outlook may soon change...
Pegasolta EkrailA Greater Maverick that served under Wiel in the Fourth Arcadia War, now rebuilt and serving as Mantisk's second. He is noble and polite, even to his enemies. His positive traits are in stark contrast to Mantisk's depravity, but he remains fiercely loyal to him regardless. The reason for this loyalty is currently unclear.
- Affably Evil
- Breaking Speech: Gives one to Harpuia during Mantisk's attack on the Caravan, arguing that they're Not So Different.
- Evil Counterpart: To Harpuia
- Friendly Enemy
- Lawful Evil
- Noble Demon
- Not So Different: Argues that he and Harpuia are this, pointing out that like him, Harpuia once served a tyrant despite his personal feelings.
- Worthy Opponent
OmegaThe infamous AI that was planted in Zero's original body by the even more infamous Doctor Wiel. Although he was destroyed at the end of the Third Arcadia War, he has somehow been rebuilt, and no one, not even himself, seems to know how. His revival has made him less insane and more rational, but he is still fairly sadistic. He currently works for the Prometheum as a hired mercenary.