Characters: Acchi Kocchi
A list of characters that appear in Acchi Kocchi.
Voiced by: Rumi OokuboThe lead female of the series who harbors a crush on Io Otonashi.
- Academic Athlete
- The Ace: At the top of her class, insanely strong, and extremely skilled at video games.
- Action Girl
- A-Cup Angst: Don't make fun of her modest bust size. Sakaki and Mayoi both learned this the hard way.
- Adorkable: Her attempts at getting Io's attention.
- Animal Motif: If you had no idea, cats.
- Badass Adorable/Cute Bruiser
- Cannot Spit It Out: While her affections for Io can be seen from a mile away, she still has trouble confessing to him properly.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Heavily emphasized in the manga.
- The Comically Serious: She keeps a completely straight face at all times, even during the most bizarre situations.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: Rumi Ookubo, her voice actress, does the the ending song as well as the opening with the main cast.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: Tsumiki can occasionally display a rather poor grasp on her superhuman strength (compared to the other characters).
- Everyone Can See It: Everyone except Io, apparently.
- Expressive Ears: The cat ears she manifests twitch according to her mood.
- Expy: Of Konota of Lucky Star, in character design if nothing else.
- High-Pressure Blood: Despite trying to have a Sugar and Ice Personality, she frequently erupts with nosebleeds.
- Idiot Hair: A huge, expressive one that curls.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: She is tiny, but, as Mayoi can testify, she is insanely strong.
- The Quiet One: She rarely talks from her side, and usually only utters snide remarks. Her friends usually have an easy time guessing what she's thinking, though.
- Rapunzel Hair: Due to her height, Tsumiki's hair practically sweeps the floor.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Io.
- Sprouting Ears: A pair of cat ears pop up on her head quite frequently.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: The Straight Man to Mayoi's Wise Guy.
- Super Strength: Inexplicably, Tsumiki can lift a boulder of a snowball and hurl it with easy.
- Token Mini-Moe: While Hime is nearly as adorable, Tsumiki is by far the shortest character in the series.
- Tranquil Fury: Her face rarely shows the rage she feels.
- Tsundere: Flat-out stated as one. She actually manages to be both types at the same time.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Multicolored Hair: Tsumiki's hair seems to be composed of two shades of blue.
Voiced by: Nobuhiko OkamotoThe leading male of the series. Is unaware of Tsumiki's feelings toward him.
- Academic Athlete
- The Ace: About on equal footing as Tsumiki. He's pretty much good at everything he touches.
- Blind Without Them: Io cannot see without his glasses very well and needs to be close to others to make them out.
- Berserk Button: In the manga, when Sakaki says something stupid (normally perverted things). All-around hates mosquitoes.
- Chaste Hero: In a series where cute things are happening left and right, Io just blushing is considered an oddity.
- Chekhov's Skill: His pen twirling schtick later allows him to deflect snowballs.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: The reason for his Chaste Hero status.
- Friend to All Living Things: But not mosquitoes.
- The Heart: To his confusion, everyone in the group looks up to and loves him.
- Heavy Sleeper: Io once slept through Tsumiki fondling his head rather loudly.
- House Husband: The man can cook, which is often in an Engaging Conversation. He can also sew.
- Idiot Hair
- Improbable Aiming Skills: He uses sticks to catch fish in the first cabin episode, thinking it's impossible. Cue the fishes floating dead in the water. He also took out mosquitoes with a toothpick.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Part of his Parody Sue shtick, Io is spotlessly clean.
- Like Brother and Sister/Platonic Life Partners: How Io views Miiko.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Which is very unsuprising, since everyone knows Tsumiki's in love with him, and he never notices at all. Especially when people are being subtle about it
- Megane: Combine that with Stoic Spectacles.
- Nerds Are Sexy
- Not So Above It All: Io will frequently get caught up in whatever competition Sakaki starts, assuming they aren't on the same side.
- Oblivious to Love: More emphasized in Chapter 4 when he doesn't know what Miiko is talking about when she specifically says being an "Ally to a maiden in love". But finally seems to have caught on, during the end of Episode 11.
- Parody Sue: Io's particular character trait is being irresistible to girls (and clueless about it) and incredibly competent in everything the cast has to do (except technology which is Mayoi's field) but it's usually (and effectively) Played for Laughs against Sakaki failing miserably.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Sakaki's red.
- Sexy Santa Suit: The ladies sure didn't mind Io in a Santa suit during Episode 10.
- Spirited Competitor: Io loves a good challenge.
- The Stoic: He's this in the anime, full-blown.
- Supreme Chef
- Touch of Death: Despite Sakaki's Iron Butt Monkey status, Io can disable him with a light tap. However, this may be due to Minor Injury Overreaction by the former.
- Unwanted Harem: Since he's completely Oblivious to Love in this regard, he wouldn't notice. And Tsumiki goes Clingy Jealous Girl mode when girls are thinking about him, touching him, or considering going out with him.
Voiced by: Hitomi NabatameThe Mad Scientist of the group.
- Action Girl: But not to Tsumiki's level.
- Amusing Injuries: Mayoi gets a lot of abuse, not that she doesn't deserve it.
- The Chew Toy: Full throttle.
- Berserk Button: Don't mention her weight.
- Birds of a Feather: She is suggested to get along well with Sakaki because of their similarly mischievous natures.
- Blinding Bangs
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Has a field of technology, even making a snowball cannon and maker.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Mayoi seems to prioritize having fun over anything logical or practical. This often gets her in trouble with Tsumiki.
- Crazy-Prepared: She tends to have some kind of invention for every occasion, most of them end up being completely useless.
- The Gadfly: Most of what comes out of her mouth is deliberately trying to provoke a reaction out of someone, usually Tsumiki.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She's very good with machinery and even constructs a few gizmos.
- Genki Girl: She's always upbeat and positive, in stark contrast to Tsumiki.
- Hidden Buxom
- Iron Butt Monkey: Mayoi had a frisbee thrown at her neck and manages to recover. As well as her face at the receiving end of a wall.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: She's always wearing one.
- Large Ham
- Lethal Chef
- Mad Scientist
- Perpetual Smiler
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Tsumiki and Io.
- Spirited Competitor
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: The Wise Guy to Tsumiki's Straight Man.
- Verbal Tic: Despite the strength of Tsumiki's cat traits, in the anime Mayoi is the one who meows in every other sentence.
Voiced by: Shintaro AsanumaIo's best friend. In stark contrast to Io, Sakaki is upbeat and can be rather perverted.
- Always Second Best: Sakaki's dynamic with Io. He's the only character who actively tries to one-up the resident Parody Stu and they're actually shown to be evenly matched whenever Sakaki isn't getting horribly maimed.
- Amusing Injuries: At least once per scene.
- The Chew Toy: Painful things kind of just happen to him all the time.
- Best Served Cold: In Episode 12, Sakaki finally gets his revenge on Mayoi for the frog chocolate incident.
- Birds of a Feather: He is suggested to along well with Mayoi because of their similarly mischievous natures.
- Bromantic Foil: To Io.
- Brown Bag Mask: Episode 10.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: His thought process is rather strange.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Not at the same level as Io, but it's there in the manga.
- Hot-Blooded: He screams wildly even when he's playing video games.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Sakaki can take a considerable amount of punishment and be fine the next scene (or page).
- Metaphorgotten: Prone to making nonsensical metaphors/analogies.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Io's blue.
- Spirited Competitor: Loves competing against Io, and actually puts up a good fight most of the time.
Voiced by: Kaori FukuharaOne of the female leads of the group. And the only one who isn't an Action Girl.
- Audience Surrogate: Hime's behavior is meant to be identical to the series' target audience's: sheer adoration of everything cute, but perhaps with a little less blood.
- Berserk Button: Don't ever tease her about her weight.
- Chekhov's Gunman: One of their games in the manga involves a doll held by her team. Naturally, she gets captured by Sakaki and Mayoi's team. But, she's the reason why Io's team wins in Chapter 41.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Hime kind of falls down a lot, doesn't she?
- Cuteness Overload: Frequently suffers nosebleeds when she witnesses something adorable.
- The Ditz: It's so bad that she outright admits and accepts it.
- The Everyman: If you disregard the fact that she has more erythrocyte reserves than a blood bank, Hime is the closest thing this show has to a normal person.
- Forgetful Jones: She is capable of remembering that it will rain, but will forget to bring an umbrella every time.
- Graceful in Their Element: A disaster on land. A natural on ice rinks.
- Hair Decorations: What appears to be bows.
- High-Pressure Blood: Has erupted more Nosebleeds than Tsumiki, and that's saying something.
- She actually gets a nosebleed so powerful that it propels her like a jet while she's ice skating.
- The Load: Acknowledges her role as this depending on games the group plays. She ends up being a valuable player in Mayoi and Sakaki's "Capture the Doll" game.
- Nice Girl: She's the only one who is always concerned by all the slapstick Sakaki and Mayoi get.
- Purity Personified: Hime does not have a mean bone in her body, and is the most innocent of the friends.
- Running Gag: Passing out from blood loss.
- Weight Woe: Rather insecure about her weight.
Voiced by: Hiromi KonnoOne of the few friends the group interacts within the story
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Quite blatantly air-headed. She seriously thought squirting onion juice into someone's eyes wouldn't hurt them.
- Genki Girl: Usually her default mode.
- Made of Iron: She effectively plows through a wooden trap made by Mayoi.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
- Multicolored Hair: It's composed of two shades of green.
- Those Two Girls: With Saki.
Voiced by: Natsumi Takamori
- Alliterative Name
- Anime Hair: A portion of her hair forms vaguely cat ear-like shapes.
- The Gadfly: Enjoys teasing her friends for fun, especially Kyouya.
- Those Two Girls: With Kana.
Voiced by: Tsubasa Yonaga
- Butt Monkey: Tends to be bullied by Saki.
- Phrase Catcher: Some variation of "You're creepy" from Saki.
- Satellite Character: To Saki. Most of his tropes tend to revolve around her.
- Ship Tease: It's suggested Kyouya has a crush on Saki, though he adamantly denies it.
- Tsundere: A very mild Type B. He's usually a swell guy until anything involving Saki is involved.
Voiced by: Junko Iwao
- Christmas Cake: Still looking for a boyfriend.
- Multicolored Hair: Silver with shades of purple.
Voiced by: Yuko MinaguchiSakaki's older sister who owns a cake store, the Hatch Potch.
- Cool Big Sis
- Eyes Always Shut
- Like Brother and Sister/Platonic Life Partners: How Io views her
- Shipper on Deck: Her line towards Tsumiki calling herself an "ally to a maiden in love" suggests this.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: A textbook example.