Characters: A World Beyond
open/close all folders
Peter AltierAn extremely messed up street child.
- Convulsive Seizures: Both played straight and averted. Peter has one, and then later has a non-convulsive absence seizure.
- Creepy Child: Peter likes to carry around a vile of cyanide and has a voice in his head.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Vomity.
- Gayngst: Within fifteen minutes of discovering he's Gay over Gabriel, Peter contemplates suicide, assumes the fetal position, asks for forgiveness from God, and is berated for being gay by the voice in the back of his head... in Latin.
- Hot for Preacher: Peter is having some... interesting feelings about Gabriel.
- Street Urchin: Peter's been living on the streets for years trying to steal money and pay his way back home.
- Talking to Themself
- The Runaway
- You Are What You Hate: Peter is gay. He is also highly homophobic.
Vernon CartwrightA "retired" police detective who talks a lot more than he should.
- Badass Boasts: He talks a lot more than he acts. Very rarely do they actually count as Bad Ass though.
- Badass Grandpa: He's 65 and is still capable of restraining an angry gangster.
- Character Filibuster
- Chessmaster: He fancies himself one, at least.
- Donut Mess with a Cop: Averted.
- Genre Savvy
- Motor Mouth: His defining characteristic is babbling.
- Sherlock Scan: He can figure out what is going and what is going to happen next based solely on the little he knows and what he expects.
- Retired Badass: Subverted. He is officially retired, but he still does his old job of policing with the Jasper Police Department. Not that it matters..
Earl MasonA bitter, booze swilling mechanic.
- The Alcoholic: Rarely seen without some form of alcohol in his hand.
- Bald of Awesome
- Green Eyes
- Hammerspace: His jumpsuit.
- Informed Judaism: Is apparently Jewish, but shows little, to no evidence of it.
- Wrench Whack: His favored method of threatening people who annoy him.
Damien SewardSelf-proclaimed King of All Owls, school teacher, and hard drinker.
- Black Comedy Rape: Constantly.
- Chivalrous Pervert: The ultimate subversion.
- Name's the Same: As Damien Seward.
- Refuge in Audacity: Anything he says.
Gabriel ThomasAn ex-military Episcopal priest with some serious issues.
- Bad Ass: He tends to be one of the most useful people in a firefight.
- Dark Shepherd: He kills a lot of people, and turns a blind eye to torture, when he feels that such things are the lesser of two evils.
- Enemy Within: Gabriel struggles with Unstoppable Rage
- Healing Hands: He can do this.
HaileyA teenage girl with both an attitude and a vampire problem.
DocA Sri Lankan psychiatrist.
ChristianFor all intents and purposes, an asshole.
FrederickA young man with a missing arm.
CatrinA German woman, the manliest man in the group.
Mr. GA god-like being with untold powers who loves messing with mortals.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Fucks around with the main cast all the time and is never serious. This is also the same guy hated and feared by the whole supernatural world, seems to have wiped out Mika and also nearly killed Earl for spitting on his suit.
- The Chessmaster: By default.
- Magnificent Bastard
- Hidden Agenda Villain: Why the fuck is he doing all that he does?
- For the Evulz: Does everything for his shitty, railroading story.
- Reality Warper: Turned the ground to blood in his first appearance.
SachinThe leader of the Anvari.
The AnvariA tribe of pot-smoking vampires who attempt to maintain peace.
The Amara HavanaA tribe of immoral blood-sucking vampires.
The CalacasA hive mind of zombie-like vampires.
Mr. SMr. G's substitute teacher.
- Temporary Substitute for Mr. G