Characters: A Cat in Paris
Voiced by: N/AA pet cat by day. A cat burglar by night.
- Cats Are Mean: Subverted. You think because he helps in thefts he's mean, but Dino is only antagonistic towards those he doesn't like.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He's a black cat and yes he's a thief, but Dino does love Zoe and Nico very much.
- Empathy Pet: To both Zoe and Nico.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: An interspecies example: With Nico, an adult human male.
- Papa Wolf: Do not harm a hair on Zoe's head.
- Platonic Life Partners: An interspecies example: With Zoe, a female human child.
- Red Is Heroic: He has red "stripes".
- Uncatty Resemblance: Dino is basically a cat version of Nico. Even their names are identical!
- Creepy Child: She keeps the dead lizards Dino brings for her.
- Damsel in Distress: Justified since she's only a child.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a few to keep her hair in place.
- In-Series Nickname: Referred to as "Princess" throughout the movie.
- Kid-Appeal Character
- Nice Girl: Best proven when she gives back the bracelet Dino gave to her when Jeanne explains that someone else might miss it.
- Platonic Life Partners: An interspecies example: With Dino, a male cat.
- Red-Headed Heroine
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: A mother/daughter example: The Girly Girl to Jeanne's Tomboy.
- Action Mom: Jeanne is proficient in martial arts, in what seems to be either Wing-Shun or Taichi. This is what Costa found out in the climax.
- Battle Couple: Implied with her cop husband before Costa murdered him.
- Broken Bird: Her husband's murder by Costa turned her into one. She gets better.
- Da Chief: The superintendent of the French police.
- Fair Cop: She's Da Chief and very attractive.
- Mama Bear: Unless you want to face an ultimate smack down, it's best that you leave Zoe alone.
- Platonic Life Partners: A cop example with Lucas.
- Red-Headed Heroine
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She refers to her late husband as a good cop. And after seeing Nico risking his life to protect Zoe, Jeanne starts to like him, and he does to her. By winter time, they're married.
- Strong Family Resemblance: If her hair was slightly more redder she be an adult version of Zoe.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: A mother/daughter example: The Tomboy to Zoe's Girly Girl.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Nico wears all black during his escapades as a thief, but is a Nice Guy mixed in with Gentleman Thief, adding a good heaping of Friend to All Children.
- Everyone Has Standards: He may be a thief, but he doesn't hesitate to try to save Zoe when she's in danger. On his thefts, he refuses to directly hurt anyone involved.
- Friend to All Children: Nico's scenes with Zoe qualifies him as one. Especially when he warns Jeanne to go after Claudine to make sure Zoe is safe.
- Gentleman Thief: Just look at his rescues of Zoe and the fact he never uses violence in his thefts. The only exception being Costa.
- Greed: A rare non-lethal example. He's a thief, but isn't anywhere as horrible as Costa.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: An interspecies example: With Nico, a male cat.
- Hidden Depths: Despite his career as a thief, he clearly has a sense of right and wrong. The biggest portrayal of this is how Nico selflessly helps out Zoe when Costa wants to use her as a hostage.
- Nice Guy: Look past his thieving crimes and you'll see a likable, heroic guy.
- Second Love: To Jeanne. The end of the movie shows that they are now married.
- Bald of Evil: More like "Half-Bald of Evil."
- Big Bad
- Cop Killer: He murdered Zoe's father and Jeanne's husband, a cop.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Costa genuinely seems to treasure his sweetheart, Claudine.
- Fat Bastard: A large and cruel man.
- Jerkass: He's not a pleasant man.
- Perpetual Frowner: Except for when it comes to the Colossus of Nairobi or Claudine.
- Unholy Matrimony: Costa is in a relationship with Claudine.
- Would Hurt a Child: Showed no hesitance over planning to do so to Zoe.
- Would Hit a Girl: Costa tried to strangle Jeanne.
- Evil Redhead: Claudine is really working for Costa.
- Maid: She was hired to take care of Zoe.
- Morality Pet: Costa genuinely seems to care about her the most.
- Nice Girl: The scene with Zoe and her dead lizards is the prime example. It was all an act.
- Unholy Matrimony: Claudine is in a relationship with Costa.
- Walking Spoiler: Anymore revealings than her name will give away the twist.