Avatar: The Last Airbender
- In one of Avatar: The Abridged Series "Ships.avi" the ruthless revolutionary Amon has this to say about taking over the city.
- In Empty, Kivan finally confronts the ogre who tortured and murdered his lover, triumphantly announces that he will die for killing her, and is appalled to find that the guy has no idea what he's talking about.
- In Wizard Runemaster, when Fleur tells Harry she wants to thank him for "killing the bastard who enslaved her", Harry blithely tells her that doesn't narrow things down any. He killed a lot during the war against the Burning Legion.
- In Heir to the Empire , an amusing inversion is used, when Setsuna looks into Ranma's past:
- Setsuna: THAT SON OF A BITCH! He did that to you?
Ranma: Which 'that' are you referring to? God knows I can't keep track.
- Blood That Flows: When Lina met Dilgear, she said that he tried to kill her. Dilgear didn't recognize her, but he admitted maybe he did at some point.
- The Bridge: In the spin-off The Bridge: Sound of Thunder, the evil Mirror Universe Godzilla Junior doesn't bother to remember his victims. Titanosaurus seemed to leave an impression, but he cannot recall her name.
- As an ironic inversion of canon, in Cycles Upon Cycles, what the Citadel refers to as the "Koprulu Contact War", the Koprulu sector call the "Backyard Skirmish".
- Cassie Cage invokes this trope in Mortal Kombat Vs Marvel Universe after she kills Kano:
Cassie: You know, when we look back on this years from now, we're gonna remember this moment quite differently.Sonya: How so?Cassie: Given your beef with Kano, me killing him will be the most important day of your life.Sonya: And what will it be for you?Cassie: Given what I go through both as a mutant and under your command on a daily basis...for me, it was Tuesday.
- In the Justice Society of America fanfic "Black Sunset", a serial killer is targeting retired supervillains, and the villains descend en mass on the JSA Brownstone demanding protection. One of them snarls that Hawkman wouldn't be sorry to see him dead, and is taken aback when Hawkman clearly has no idea who he is. They fought once, forty years previously.
- In Welcome To The Family Light takes a placement test at Wammy's House and scores number one; much to the distress of Mello and Near. Light, who is used to always getting perfect scores, doesn't see what the big deal is. Also Lampshaded when Light recalls killing Beyond Birthday:
Light tried to remember what Beyond Birthday looked like—sure he had known Beyond Birthday's name and face in order to kill him but that was a while ago, it might have been on a Tuesday, but in any case he'd killed quite a few other people since then.
- In the Troll Fic Genesis Dumbledore lets his students get gang-raped on a regular basis.
- In If Them's the Rules, after getting stabbed and threatened by Grindlewald Harry blithely goes about his day, putting it out of his mind.
- In Season of Change Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor is attacked while Alya Cassiopeia Black (formerly Harry Potter) and a new friend are eating there.
She knew Margret hadn't taken almost being murdered well, but to Alya it was just another day in Diagon Alley.
- In A Muggle Technicality Fenrir Greyback encounters an unjustly-imprisoned Muggle werewolf during an Azkaban break-in staged by Voldemort.
Fenrir: I bite anyone. The younger the better though. Don't remember biting an ugly bleeder like you though.
Muggle: I was much younger...only seven...it would have been 1970.
Fenrir: Really? They all sort of blur a bit. I'll take your word for it.
- In North Wind, Loki ends up delivering one of these. Given that Thor had just accused the God of Mischief of lying, he kind of walked into it.
Thor: [accusatorily] You are a vile liar!
Loki: [still reading his book] You will have to be more exacting than that.
- A heroic example in TSA The Amazing Spider Man.
Spider-Man: "The Destruction of the Milky Way Galaxy... our Galaxy."Johnny: "Huh... must be Thursday."Spider-Man: "I never said I was afraid Agent Hill, nervous yeah. I mean here we are again, going up against impossible odds with a plan that may or may not work, oh and not to mention our planet, excuse me Our Galaxy is hanging in the balance."Ben: "Definitely Thursday."
- In Square One, A Cerberus scientist who had stolen research and had been on the run for years looking over his shoulder thinking they were after him finds out they forgot about him years ago until they finally needed the research back.
Miranda: "Poor little man. To you, the day you scraped up the guts to plant a knife in my back was the bravest and proudest day of your life. But to me? It was Tuesday. I didn't give a damn where you went, and I wouldn't now if you didn't have something I wanted."
- In the Halo crossover When There Was A Tomorrow and its sequel Guilty Sparks, Shepard and his crew are worryingly blase about the number of people who seem to feel that Shepard is an affront to the gods, which at the conclusion of the second story include The Covenant, the vast majority of the Batarian species, the Blood Pack, the Reapers, multiple mercenary bands, Cerberus, Guilty Spark and his legions of sentinels, and Colonel Ackerson of the Office of Naval Intelligence. They also feel this way about suicide missions, with Legion stating that a mission with only a fifty-three percent chance of success is "Significantly higher" than the missions they usually undertake.
- Played with in Mass Effect: End of Days. A Batarian rebel is intending to have his revenge against a Hegemony officer who killed the woman he loved, remarking the officer may not remember her, but will remember him. However, the officer actually remembers... which makes him almost shit himself once he realizes the former slave is just outside the door.
- Pony POV Series:
Prince Blueblood: You look rather familiar, we've met, haven't we?Sparkler: Uh... yeah... we had a date... It ended with me chewing you out.Prince Blueblood: Unfortunately... that doesn't narrow it down as much as I wish it did...
- Discord reacts this way to recounting his multiple counts of genocide.
- Nightmare Paradox has been pulling her "Groundhog Day" Loop revenge plan on Dark World!Discord for so long she's forgotten when she started, and reveals she doesn't bother remembering the names of anyone but her main pawns, especially the innocent bystanders who get killed, as shown when she doesn't remember who Poison Apple (Apple Pie's identical twin sister) is, asking if she's her coltfriend when asked how many times she's let her die.
- While recounting her origin story to The Interviewers, Queen Chrysalis doesn't bother to remember the names of any character she interacted with unless they were really important to her. Out of her original village, she only cared enough to remember her childhood friend Maua; even her parents only get called Mother and Father.
- The sadistic mass murdering Mad Doctor Professor Kabuto also has this mentality, viewing his victims as little more than lab rats. Given he refuses to refer to any creature who he has no respect for by their species with a number, it's little surprise.
- Ditzy Doo's "Butterflies" story has a more humorous example with this exchange between Sparkler and Prince Blueblood (who's since undergone Character Development in his own story).
- In Twillight Sparkle's awesome adventure, ADMIRAL Awesome had managed to completely forget about having killed Enemy Boss Leader's family and friends by the time we learn about it.
- In The Conversion Bureau: The Other Side of the Spectrum, it takes a while for TCB!Pinkie Pie to remember ponifying Viktor Kraber's wife and children, stating that she had converted (or, as she sees it, "saved") so many people that she'd lost count.
- In Fallout: Equestria, Littlepip comes across a memory orb (a recording of past events) where she witnesses Rainbow Dash being approached by a group of pegasi. When one asks if she remembers him, she remarks she's busy and thus only has time to remember important ponies- and promptly gets humbled when he angrily asks if she remembers his younger brother, a casualty in a recent battle.
- In Harmony Theory, Melody Drop wants revenge on Max Cash for murdering her master, destroying her hometown, and using her loyalty to her master to Mind Rape her. While he vaguely remembers the act, he doesn't remember her.
- Referenced in the fanfic Naruto: Consequences once Naruto and Hinata find out that Konoha has been destroyed and that the Fire Daimyo committed suicide.
Naruto: For Fire Country, the destruction of the Leaf and the suicide of their leader will probably be the most important day of their lives.Hinata: Really? So what was it for the both of us?Naruto: For us...It was Tuesday.
- Brought up when Naruto saves Kayo in The Pride. She mentions that he rescued her once before, only for Naruto to ask her to be more specific because "When [he] was a genin, it seemed a week didn't go by without [him] rescuing someone or other."
- Also referenced in Naruto: Wrath of the Emperor
Naruto: "You tried, remember?" "And what was the end result? Oh, that's right. Sixteen ANBU dead. Three maimed Jounin. One Sannin missing an arm. And Kakashi Hatake dead. And that was me and Hinata without trying. I am not the same gaki you once knew, Tsunade. You and all of Konoha should do well to remember that. The Akatsuki found out the hard way. You should be thanking me, Senju for eliminating the Akatsuki. Wiping them out was probably the most important event in the history of the Elemental Countries."Onoki:"And what was it for you?"Naruto: *shrugs shoulders* "Tuesday."
- Referenced in two separate scenes in Kitsune no Ken: Fist of the Fox, both times concerning Gaara.
Yahiko: For me, the day of my suffering was the most intense day of my life...but for you and your peers, Gaara, it was probably just another day to kill, right?
- In Chapter 132, during Yahiko's pre-recorded "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Gaara after luring him and his family into a trap, he declares that while he could explain his motive for leading Akatsuki and hunting the Kyuushingai, he won't bother to "bore" Gaara with the story since he's certain that Gaara, having taken part in the 365 days' violence with the other Terrors, likely wouldn't remember Yahiko's specific situation.
Hinata: Everything you’ve done since you started this campaign of yours...for the victims you’ve left behind, every act you’ve committed against them was a significant event in their lives.Gaara: For them, perhaps it was. But for me...it was just another day on the go.
- The trope is later discussed between Gaara and Hinata during their encounter in Chapter 189. Gaara doesn't deny that, for his past victims, each act of atrocity he's pulled would have made a major impact on each specific victim...but he doesn't see it as anything more than him doing his thing as usual.
- A Crown Of Stars: When the main cast confronted Jinnai, Misato showed that she remembered him too well from a prior meeting. Jinnai did not:
Misato: "Well, well, well, if it isn't Katsuhiko Jinnai. I remember you, mister Junior Vice-President of Isshinshima Heavy Industries. You've oozed your way up in the world since we met, I see."
Jinnai: "Who the Hell are you?"
Misato: "You tried to sell us an overpriced second-rate knock-off of the Positron Canon we were developing ourselves. Then you grabbed my ass and tried to ask me out for drinks. I might have almost broken your wrist. I know I gave you one Hell of a black eye."
Jinnai: "Wait, Captain Katsuragi?!"
- A rare heroic version in Ashes of the Past: Ash tells Riolu that the day they first met and rescued him from Hunter J was a slow week by their standards.
- A Boy, a Girl and a Dog: The Leithian Script: In the spin-off chapter Betrayals, Renunciations Sauron tries to tempt Beren in the dungeons of Tol-In-Gaurhoth. Beren retorts that he still remembers what happened to one of his companions that trusted Sauron... but Sauron has completely forgotten that happening:
—Yield to me, and serve me, and undo some small measure of the harm you have worked to my King, and in return I shall give you news of one you have long wondered for: Emeldir, who journeyed far, and never guesses the fate of her only child——Even as you kept your promise to Gorlim, he thinks, and braces for the gloating and cruel mockery his slip must surely call forth, but the name is meaningless to his captor, and the answer but a dismissive — Who?
- There is a heroic version in the The Kirita Chronicles. Prior to the Death Game the genderbent version of Kirito, Kirita, met the genderbent version of Asuna, Akio, twice in the real world before Sword Art Online. First she complimented him and the second time she saved him from bullies. While Akio remembers their encounters as they had a huge impact on him, Kirita doesn't until Akio tells her at the end of Chapter 9.
- Attelus Kaltos of Secret War has a subversion of this when a local Hammer confronts him for killing his brother. He doesn't remember it at all, after killing so many in the many months past. But is still genuinely sorry for the loss. For a short time at least.
- This Trope is Zigzagged in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Thousand Year Door Redux. During his duel against Leopold in Twilight Town, Stan attacks his ace monster Grandsoil the Elemental Lord, making it an And This Is For... attack for Philip (one of Leopold's former victims, the husband of the barmaid at the inn). Leopold doesn't even remember him. (And at this point, after all he has done, Stan really didn't expect him too.) In a much later chapter, however, Leopold searches through some records and looks the name up. When he finds it - and realizes the frivolous nature of offense he had taken the man in for, then he remembers Philip, leading to a Heel Realization for Leopold (coinciding with those of his siblings).
- Dragon Ball Z Abridged's Frieza has gotten so bored of people coming at him with righteous fury that he's turned the trope into a game, keeping a running total of how many times he's heard certain lines.