- Nintendo's tendency to remove blood from its games was referenced in Melee's End episode 5:
Mario: What do you want, Ganondorf?
Ganondorf: I have come for your blood.
Marth: Oh, not my blood!
Fox: You don't even know what blood is.
Mario: Guys, this is a Nintendo game. Don't worry.
Ganondorf: I've coughed up plenty of blood in my day. Nintendo can't save you now!
Fox: Your blood is green.
- The first half of Red vs. Blue's second season was criticized for a noticeable absence of vulgarity. Rooster Teeth tried toning down the language after receiving messages from people who wanted the videos to be appropriate to watch at work. When the removal of language was met with an even worse reaction, the cast and crew decided to abandon the idea. The hilariously over-the-top profanity of Caboose's "mental image" of Church served as the point where the show's dialog returned to form.
- Parodied in Arfenhouse Teh Movie Too, where one character says "ow" while the subtitle shows "FUCK!!!" struck out before it.
- Also parodied in The Angry Video Game Nerd's review of Action 52, where they show a clip of the "TV Version" of the review:
- Lampshaded in Paw Dugan's Top 9 Composers video, where Paw is Trapped In Game Land. In the Wolfenstein 3D portion, he comes upon Bowdlerized versions of the Hitler portraits and comments that something's missing. After a quick Fade Out and Fade In, we see a crudely painted toothbrush mustache applied to the painting as Paw comments "Much better!"
- Forumer (a free internet forum provider) decided to update their TOS to become more child and general audiences friendly. They also decided to run a program that changed all sorts of words on every single Forumer forum to "work safe" alternatives. The change was based around cooking - for example, 'fuck' became 'bake'. But some of them were just bizarre. 'Little' was auto-changed to 'cilantro', 'video' was changed to 'recipe', 'girl' was changed to 'steak'...
- Psycomedia uses Freud as a substitute profanity, to highlight that All Psychology Is Freudian is not true.
- Encyclopedia Dramatica is oh too overly fond of doing this in the case of many of their articles, and even some of the members of the EDF forum members do this.
- Chris Marek aka Magnum - his username is a Poor Man's Bastardisation of the classic car brand, the ice cream treat, and the gun of the same name as well as the show Magnum Pi.
- Google's doodle on December 20 in honour of the 200th anniversary of the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales. The woodsman pulls Red and Granny out of the wolf and sends it to jail.
- This gets parodied mercilessly in the "radio edit" of the Yogscast Christmas song "Carrot For a Cock". The song is renamed "Carrot For a Nose", with the word "cock" being badly replaced by Simon Lane singing "nose" over it, even if the offending word is sung by Sparkles*, who has a different voice and is a better singer. None of the rhymes of the song change to match the censorship, no other bad words such as "dong" or "bellend" are removed, and the rest of the lyrics are exactly the same, meaning that Simon was aiming for the snowman's face and missed, hitting his waist, yet he somehow has a nose anyway.
- Viner Thomas Sanders isn't squeaky clean, but he does clean up the harsher language in several of his Vines, either self-censoring the word or substituting something lighter, sometimes for comedic effect.
Well, I'm off to lunch, yes I'm in luck // I'm gonna stuff my face and not give a...darn. Eugh...