Page-bottom layout change on the way. Details here.
Causes no change to editing/formatting of articles. This is just FYI.
Blog: Yo, Is This Racist?
Anonymous asked: yo, i keep finding my caucasian roommate's hair on all my stuff. do you think she might be trying to like pollinate me?
Yo Is This Racist: YO THAT IS NOT HOW HUMAN REPRODUCTION WORKS DOGG
and podcast of sorts where a dude (Andrew Ti) answers questions about whether or not something is racist. It's much funnier and more entertaining than it sounds,
especially since the questions very often end up surreal and nonsensical, with Andrew playing the straight man.
This work provides examples of:
- Artistic License - Biology: The page quote.
- All Crimes Are Equal: Probably a part of Andrew's Alter Ego Acting (see below).
- Alter Ego Acting: Andrew does more serious blogs for various sites in which he is actually a normal, insightful person rather than a dour, Totally Radical rapper who advocates calling your parents 'racist pieces of shit' at family gatherings and funerals.
- Belief Makes You Stupid: Expressed here with extreme subtlety and taste.
- Black and White Morality: All racism is equally reprehensible and exceptions are not, not, not to be made for family members, racist grandmas and people who seem 'like kind, intelligent people' apart from their racism (as kind, intelligent people are not racist). When calling people out on their racism you are encouraged to use the strongest words available, since if you are in an environment where you are able to say racist things then you are able to say bad words. However, after calling people out on their racism, you should say 'peace', and never, ever use physical violence against non-physical racism.
- Disco Dan & Two Decades Behind: Andrew's character has an over-the-top Nineties rapper-type personality. He uses a Motorola pager (which apparently has autocorrect and can post to tumblr), sends people his raps on cassette, speaks in 90s slang, considers Space Jam the finest film of all time, and asks people to "AskJeeves" the answers to questions that are easily looked up online.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: The very early responses are much longer, more fair-minded, and considerably less paranoid than the later ones.
- Edutainment: It helps teach people just how pervasive racism is and what kind of thoughts are racist, but is a fun read for a lot of other reasons.
- Everything Is Racist: Increasingly, as the blog goes on, and as the Alter Ego Acting becomes clearer (this being a shining example).
CRAFTS PROJECT: Make your very own home version of Yo, Is This Racist?
- 1 index card
- 1 pen, pencil, marker, crayon, anything
Write the word “YES” on the index card.
Ask the card whether something is racist or not.
Your answer will be written on the card! 99% Effective!
- Fail O'Suckyname: Andrew's stage name is apparently DJ Rappy Fresh.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Human Popsicle: Andrew has also implied at one point that the reason for his dated approach to pop culture is because he was frozen in the 90s and thawed out in the future to spread the message about racism.
- I'm a Humanitarian:
Anonymous asked: Yo its my 18th birthday today. I'm gonna eat some racists instead of cake you feel me
Yo Is This Racist: Ok wait, hold up, wait
- Incredibly Lame Pun: "Is E=MC 2 racist?" "Yo, I don’t know, I guess that shit is all relative, you feel me?"
- Poe's Law: ...maybe he's not Alter Ego Acting. But who can tell?
- Religion Is Wrong: And you are either a racist or an idiot if you have anything at all to do with it. There is apparently no middle ground here.
- Self-Deprecation: "I'm beginning to question your ability to determine the difference between wack and dope." "BEGINNING, LOL"
- "I hate you." "Yo, not only is that shit not racist, it's downright rational."
- Spin-Off: Yo Should I Dump This Asshole?
- Totally Radical: Andrew.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist