Smash Japan contains examples of:
- Accentuate the Negative - Usually. Out of the three posts where he's mentioned another work, one of which was an outright rant, he's had a 2:1 bad-review-to-good-review ratio, although admittedly he picked easy targets for the bad ones.
- Caustic Critic - When Sean doesn't like something, he writes full essays on its suckage.
- He Panned It, Now He Sucks - Sean fully expects this to occur with his Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray R review.
- Schedule Slip - Due to reviewer's block and H 1 N 1, Sean has had trouble updating lately.
- Subbing versus Dubbing - Sean explicitly doesn't take a side in this Flame War, in spite of loathing the Ponyo dub.