Ever look back on your life and have regrets? I did. And instead of bettering myself I decided to just bitch about it on a blog.Overhyped (styled as 0verhyped) is a confessional blog by Jaded X. Gamer, a jaded former member of the gaming community who spent a year writing about his misadventures with gaming (often caused by his own obsessive tendencies) and the community and industry surrounding it.
This blog provides examples of:
- Cluster F-Bomb: Lampshaded: in "Observed Weirdness of a Weblog", in which Jaded wonders why his WordPress statistics show that many Google searches for porn have linked to his blog. He realized that his common use of a certain four-letter word was the cause.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Heavily implied.
- Jaded once mentioned his need to begin taking psychotic medications after attempting to strangle his brother.
- Easter Egg: The first image of almost every post links to something relevant to the topic (or just entertaining).
- Electric Boogaloo: His sequel to "Observed Weirdness of a Weblog" is subtitled none other than "Electric Boogaloo".
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The post category names.
- Incredibly Lame Pun
- Lampshade Hanging: Common. Jaded once even lampshades his own lampshade hanging.
- Lucky Charms Title
- Review Blog: For video games, provided Jaded isn't complaining about his experiences with gaming.
- Self-Deprecation: Common, especially with regard to his nearly non-existent audience.
- Title Drop: One of his post categories is 0verhyped.