a.k.a. "A Dash of Chaos"Discorderly Conduct
is an Ask A Pony
Tumblr starring everypony's favorite Lord of Chaos, Discord
. Due to the author, Sunshine/peachiekeenie
(a bit of a Tumblr RP veteran
), frequently collaborating with friends and fellow pony bloggers, this article also covers sister blog Cupidite
, as well as Crossovers
with blogs like Ask Pinchy
The blog covers Discord and his exploits in some undefined point in the Friendship is Magic
continuity (or maybe it's an Alternate Universe
, who knows?). Along the way, he meets/annoys familiar characters like the Changeling Queen, Chrysalis, innocent schoolfilly Ruby Pinch, and even G1 My Little Pony
villains like Tirek and frickin' Grogar
. It's most notable for being one of the most consistently funny and in-character portrayals of Discord, as well as being one of the most amazingly
well-drawn pony Tumblrs.
As stated before, this blog has a sister, Cupidite
, which focuses primarily on Queen Chrysalis and is drawn by a friend of Sunshine's, Tara Jenkins
(another Ask Blog veteran
). Both blogs share storylines and art styles, and they even shared the same blog space for a while.
- Always a Bigger Fish: Surprisingly enough, Chubbies.
- Art Evolution: Summed up here
- April Fools' Day: 2013 had them switch from Discord and Chryssie to Hades and Ursula. They engage in a make out session per request.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Discord and Chrysalis, natch. They seemed to have been an actual couple at some point in the past.
- Big Damn Kiss: Happy Hearts and Hooves Day!
- Bizarre Alien Biology: In addition to being a Mix-and-Match Critter, Discord's heart is a black, many-eyed monstrosity that spits green goo and hisses.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Discord as a kid.
- Cerebus Retcon: Discord knocked out his missing fang by time-travelling to his teenage years and accidentally knocking out his dweeby past self. This is played for laughs. Chrysalis's memory of the same night isn't.
- Crossover: All the time. It's probably safe to say that about half of the more well-known pony tumblrs share the same continuity with this one.
- Dude, Not Funny!: In-universe, this ask.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Tirek the "Butt Trumpet". The G1 ponies (Actually Discord's puppets) calling him by his nickname lead to the events of Rescue from Midnight Castle
- Even Evil Has Standards: "STOP BEING SO CREEPY"
- Fan Disservice: As part of their April Fool's 2013 gag, in which they switched from Discord and Queen Chrysalis to Hades and Ursula, they used one of the more blatant troll questions to great effect. It asked for a make-out session.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Discord, who was a bit of a "late bloomer".
- Gender Bender: "Misscord"
- Gentle Giant: Tirek was once this before becoming a villain, and even then, it was all because the G1 ponies (Or rather puppets of them made by Discord) called him a "Butt Trumpet"
- Karma Houdini: Grogar, see The Man Behind the Man for more information.
- Knight of Cerebus: Grogar. Whenever he shows up, the mood turns 100% serious. Unless Candyland is involved.
- The Man Behind the Man: Grogar, for King Sombra. He also played some unknown part in Chrysalis being turned into a Changeling.
- Morphic Resonance: Apparently, Chrysalis and Discord didn't bother changing their eyes and fangs
- My God, What Have I Done?: Discord, after realizing how much of a jerk he was to Pinchy.
- Mythology Gag: G1 characters like Grogar, Tirek, and the Bushwoolies are regularly revamped and brought into the blog's canon.
- Narcissist: Discord ships himself with himself. Yes, in that way.
- One of Us
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech:
- Retcon: Combined with Multiple Choice Past. Pre-hiatus, Tirek and Grogar were Discord's childhood "friends". Post-hiatus, Discord was apparently Grogar's apprentice and is shown to be younger than him and Tirek. When pressed by Twilight and Fluttershy about the sudden change, he tells them to not worry about it.
- Ship Sinking: Don't count on any Discord/Celestia shipping here. Especially after Discord and Chrysalis shared a Big Damn Kiss
- Ship Tease: Every other time Discord and Chrysalis interact.
- Smug Smiler: Grogar.
- The Stoic: Grogar seems to have only two expressions — a Death Glare or a smug smile. The only exception was when Discord cheated during Candyland night.
- Tragic Villain: Chrysalis, see Was Once A Mare for more information.
- Troll: Who do you think?
- The Unreveal: Chrysalis' pre-changeling cutie mark.
- Used To Be a Sweet Filly: Pre-Changeling Chrysalis as a filly. D'aww.
- Villains Out Shopping: Discord plays Candyland with Grogar, Ahuizotl and Tirek.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Discord with Childhood Friends Tirek and Grogar. And Chrysalis, when they're not busy having Belligerent Sexual Tension.
- Was Once A Mare: Chrysalis. Remember that alicorn princess from "Hearts And Hooves Day"? Yeeeeahhhh...
- Wham Episode: "Mama Knows Best"
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Ahuizotl was amongst the villains Discord invited on Candyland night. He hasn't been seen since then (Possibly due to Ahuizotl being an in-universe fictional characternote ).
- Wingding Eyes: Every time Discord gets really furious, his eyes get, for lack of a better word...scratchy◊.