- A particularly hilarious one happened in the song "MacArthur Park". The man is lamenting a cake:
"And I'll never have that recipe again. Oh NOOOOOOOOOO!"
- Admittedly he is not lamenting a literal cake. He's lamenting losing a lover who was perfect for him. It's a metaphor, but as Dave Barry put it, "It's still a really stupid metaphor."
- "Weird Al" Yankovic's song "Jurassic Park", being a parody of "MacArthur Park", also has the NOOOOOOOOOO! In the' video, a T-Rex is about to eat Weird Al, so it fits.
- A Preposterone-fueled one is found in the song "BEER!" by Psychostick.
- In the Lemonheads' song "The Great Big No", one would expect an uncommonly large "No", but there is only a moderately drawn-out "No".
- Don't Forget The Lyrics featured The Tide Is High by Blondie, seven missing lyrics:
"I'm not the kind of girl/ Who gives up just like that/ Oh noooooooo "
- The Pink Floyd Rock Opera The Wall has one of these in "Another Brick in the Wall Part 3".
- "Cassie" by Flyleaf starts with one. It's actually a Big "YES!", although on the album version its only in the bridge of the song.
- The video to Disturbed's "Inside the Fire" starts out with one of these.
- Ozzy gets a couple of these in Black Sabbath's "Black Sabbath."
- Linkin Park's song "Blackout" contains several big nos along with a couple of surprise f-bombs.
- "The Catalyst" has several of these as well.
- "Faint" has Chester roaring "no" to kick off the bridge.
- The Body Count song "The Winner Loses" has Ice-T telling the story of a friend who was addicted to cocaine. The friend's life was lost. Noooooooo! 2:45
- Epica has one in "Kingdom of Heaven" during the spoken "go back" interlude.
- Razia's Shadow: The ending song "The Ending and Beginning" has BROTHER NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! as the main character dies by jumping in the way of his brother's knife before his brother could kill the main character's lover.
- "Separate Ways" by Journey ends with one. Not too narmy, by '80s standards, but when you mix it with that video...
- "This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, NOOO!!!!!"
- Gianna Nannini "Occhi Aperti" may or may not qualify (she screams a lot in her songs, so the jury is still out whether that particular "NO NO NO NO NOOO!! NOOO!!" is really urgent).
- The song "I Don't Believe in Love" from Queensr˙che's Operation: Mindcrime starts with one of these.
- The chorus of Save Rock and Roll.
In a world full of the word yes, I'm here to scream...
- In the disco song "Mephisto" or "Mafisto" by the Sarr Band/The Diabolic Soul Invention, the woman fearfully or defensively repeats "No" including a big one.