Big No: Fan Works
- In Tales for the Leet's Romeo and Juliet, Juliet has an especially Big No after finding Romeo dead, taking three lines of dialogue to complete and ending with multiple !s and 1s.
- A Crown Of Stars: Asuka combined this trope with Rapid-Fire "No!" in chapter 5. When Asuka insists that she does not need anyone and she has an agreement, Daniel points out that it is very fragile and she fears that it will not last... And then what? She will try to kill herself again?
She hadn’t cried, not even the day they buried her Mama. She would not cry now. She would not. ‘Don’t take him away. I don’t want to be alone. I don’t want to be alone.’ “I don’t... ...need anyone. My arrangement-“
“Is a hollow shell, that you both fear and expect to collapse at some point. Then what? Water again? Or this time the barrel of a gun in your mouth?” Daniel said quietly, his words hitting Asuka harder than if he’d been shouting them. “Or a twist of hemp like your mother, feet in the air?”
“NO! Nononononono! I...I...STOP IT!”
- Advice And Trust: In chapter 4 Asuka shouts one when a classmate severely misunderstands Rei's words:
Rei:"Though I believe this bond predates that session. Ikari is the first person Pilot Soryu ever let inside her Entry Plug."
Tanaka:"Is... is she talking about-"
- Don't Keep Your Distance: Paint the Seedrian-Fox when she realizes the cave wall she was digging out with Alice the Hedgehog has collapsed, likely imprisoning them forever. They're fine in a couple chapters.
- Evangelion 303: Asuka screamed it several times after Jessika told her that she could not be with her yet.
- HERZ: Exclaimed by the SEELE members when the Children took control of their newest MP-Evas.
- The One I Love Is: When Shinji saw the MP-Evas had chopped Unit-02 into pieces and possibly killed Asuka he screamed a very big and anguished "no":
I opened my eyes and then saw a scene that will probably haunt me the rest of my life. I saw nine white EV As, circling around what was left of Headquarters. And in their hands, or even worse, their mouths, they held the remains of what had once been Unit-02.
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series, Tristan gets one that the credits cut off after Joey tells him that they have to go back to school now that the tournament is over.
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged About card games on motorcycles:
Jack: COME ON, CROW, LET'S GO PLAY A CARD GAME, WHILE STANDING COMPLETELY STILL...ON. THE. GROUND.Yusei: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- My Immortal uses it a lot.
- In Dragon Ball Z Abridged:
- From episode 10:
Goku: ... times...
Vegeta: No no no no!
Goku: ... FOUR!
Vegeta: No no no no FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...!!!!!
- Additionally, Vegeta's response to Ghost Nappa.
- Plus there's Mecha Freeza's reaction to learning that he blew up Planet Namek and the dragon balls from King Cold, in a scene that is very much like Vader's in Revenge of the Sith.
- From episode 10:
- z3ll58 does a very good and long No in his "Let's Play Final Fantasy 6" when Leo dies.
- The beginning of Christian Humber Reloaded, when the title hero sees his owners killed. He then follows this up with "WHOEVER DID THIS WILL PAY DEARLY, BECAUSE I LOVED THEM?"
- Happens at least once per chapter in ''Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami, since people are constantly "sexing" and dying and coming back to life and dying again.
- Starkits Prophecy has one of these about once every other chapter later in the story. Or, due to Rouge Angles of Satin, a big "MOOOOO" or "OOOOOO." Or possibly "NOOOOOO999999999 OOOOOOOO".
- In A Day in the Life of a Commissar, a Dawn of War Machinima, Commissar Steeve does this when he's told Galactic Starbucks is out of coffee. He stops to ask "Really? What kind?" once he's told that there is, in fact, some coffee left. And finishes when he's told it's decaf.
- In Deserving, everyone has No Indoor Voice especially when uttering the word "no", which appears in ALLCAPS as often as not.
- In Revenge Road, Kyosuke wakes up after realizing that the previous events, Hikaru killing him and Madoka was All Just a Dream. Madoka then gets up to answer the door, like she did before, and when Kyosuke realizes what time it is, he runs down the stairs yelling "Midnight? Oh no! Madoka! StOP! NOOOOooooooo!", only to find that he is too late as Madoka gets shot and the fic ends.
- In The Rob Chronicles Rob does one when Chrome dies.
- And again when Web dies.
- In Modurn Warfare 3 The Dead Rise, Qwaritch gets an extremely long one as he sees Jak die, and Ian Hawk gets one when he's decapitated and eaten by a fellow prisoner.
- Harry Potter:
- This occurs twice in Oh God Not Again!; once by Fred and George when they see the Quidditch field is now a hedge and again by Harry when he finds out Hermione won fifty points (again) after he dedicated himself to losing the House Cup.
- In 3 Slytherin Marauders young Tom Riddle gives one after the Sorting Hat sorts him into Gryffindor.
- In Losing Control Voldemort and all of his Death Eaters yell one when Azrael announces that as punishment they'll have to spend the next thousand years serving Muggleborn as house elves.
- In Harry Potter and the Fold Harry yells one after a nightmare where the shades of Cedric and his parents say he should've died in their place and the figure coming out of the cauldron after Voldemort's resurrection is himself.
- In Nobody Cared Snape yells one during a nightmare about Remus almost killing him during his sixth year.
- In Save Our Souls the Patil twins' mother yells one when she thinks something happened to them.
- In Emancipation Hermione yells one when Macnair kills Crookshanks.
- In Hand Delivered Letter Harry yells one when he hallucinates that the troll is his Uncle Vernon.
- In Snape's Worst Nightmare, chapter 7 ("Them v Us"), Snape lets out a huge "NO!" when Isabella Weasley manages to get the Snitch in a game between the Weasley-Potter team and the Slytherin team. He had bet Harry that he would never punish the Weasley-Potter cousins if they won.
- A meta example from Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality: Early in the story, based on the Quibbler headline about how Harry gets Malfoy pregnant, the author got several e-mails asking if Luna was a seer, and if the story was going to turn into an HPDM bottom!Malfoy mpreg fic. The author regretted that fanfiction.net did not allow a larger font with which to say NO.
- In Harry Potter and the Trip to the Past the basilisk yells one when Harry and Snape use roosters to kill it.
- In Wargs And Peace, when the company Thorin is dead, Fili yells this.
- In Claimed Molly Weasley yells a ludicrously long one when Ginny kills herself.
- In The Circle Fred and George yell a deliberately melodramatic one in unison when Dumbledore announces the cancellation of Quidditch at the start of Harry's fourth year.
- In Harry the Hufflepuff 2 Harry yells one when the conductor of the Knight Bus realizes that he forgot to switch the bus out of "night mode" and all of the beds are replaced with uncomfortable-looking wooden chairs.
- Nyx's dramatic "No! No no no no no NOOOO!!!" in chapter 3 of Past Sins definitely qualifies, not to mention her many other Rapid Fire Nos.
- In the Tamers Forever Series The Nightmare does this when struck by Gallantmon and Sakuyamon's Dual Force: Spirit of Chaos technique.
- From the Calvinverse:
- Nebular and another alien exchange a long flurry of these and Big Yeses in Calvin and Hobbes: The Movie.
- Retro pulls one in Can You Imagine That? when the Imaginator is destroyed.
- Calvin does one in Which Way is Where? after he finds the Tree Huggers International letter.
- In Calvin and Hobbes: The Series, Dr. Brainstorm is fond of these.
- Calvin does one in the unofficial story The Pez Dispenser And The Reign Of Terror when the duplicate sets Halley's Comet on course for Earth.
- The duplicate pulls another one when Calvin takes control of the PEZ 6,000,000 and sets it to destroy the comet they're on.
- In chapter 17 of Ace Combat: The Equestrian War, Fluttershy screams "N-NO! NO!!!" before flying into Unstoppable Rage and defeating Night Raven.
- Firefly does a much bigger "NOOOOOO!!!" when she wakes up from her Catapult Nightmare at the beginning of the next chapter.
- In the pro wrestling fic, Hello Again, Molly Holly has one when she realized she was betrayed by her own protege, Natalya.
- Inner Demons has Queen!Twilight Sparkle give one of these when Trixie protects her from a sword attack only to be impaled herself.
- The Immortal Game: Nihilus screams one of these when Twilight regains control of their body long enough for the Elements of Harmony to be used on them and destroy Nihilus.
- In One Hundred Days, Warp Darkmatter screams one at the end of the prologue, combining The Un-Reveal (at least until over a third of the way into the first chapter, which is long) with a momentary Go Mad from the Revelation.
- In the Pony POV Series, during the Final Battle with second Big Bad Nightmare Whisper, the undead foal inside Nightmare Whisper's crystal heart lets one out when Fluttercruel's Element Of Kindness manifests, allowing the Mane Cast to utilize the Elements against her.
- In Turnabout Storm, Cruise Control yells these out to himself so much it's almost a catchphrase of sorts, near the point of a Verbal Tic. There are some other moments where it's used more appropiately though, like by Rainbow when Phoenix starts to see through her lies.
- In the Megas XLR / Touhou Project fanfic Fantasy Of Utter Ridiculousness, Patchouli has one of these when most of her library is destroyed by Coop during the Alternate Ending.
- In The End of Ends, Starfire gives one off when Tamaran is blown up.
- In the Death Note Slash Fic Welcome To The Family Light gives one when he realizes that those strong emotions he feels for L might just be something other than hate.
- Kumiko Akamine of Despair's Last Resort delivers one after discovering the hanging corpse of her childhood best friend Chiyo.
- An Easter Egg on the website that hosts Boy Scouts ½ presents the first story in a proposed alternate universe retelling placing the characters in a world based on Tenchi Muyo! rather than one based on Ranma ½. The entire text of the story consists of one word presented in a gigantic font: "No!"
- This Transformers Mosaic "The Final Lesson" has the Student of Marvel's Aspects of Evil storyline appear and demand an audience with the Planet Eater God of Evil Unicron from The Fallen. He gets it...and is horrified to realize what's happened when he finally gets it.